Thread: So what is this?

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So what is this?

Last edited by lemon; 03-05-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there is a possibility he's your duel. There is also a possibility that he's...

A) Your Identical: He could share your type and think and act along similar lines as you do, meaning your relationship would start up rather naturally.

B) Your Activator: He could be your complete opposite save for (ir)rationality. Activators tend to form immediate and pretty good friendships almost right away.

C) Your Mirror: Someone who shares your judging and perceving functions but has the opposite (ir)rationality and vertedness. Similar to your identical, they tend to think along similar lines but have markedly different levels of energy. Tend to make pretty quick friendships.

Whatever the case, he's probably within your quadra, since you had such immediate chemistry with one another. Of course, I've read that upon meeting your dual there can be a "pushing away" effect, where initially neither person is sure of their interest in each other, but this can pass if you massage their super-id enough.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    I recently met someone, who caught my interest right away. I am not very good at determining whether or not people like me, but I could tell that, upon meeting him, that he definitely did not dislike me. For some reason, I felt a very strong desire to be liked by him.

We were at a get-together, and were sitting around the television with some of our mutual friends. I noticed that he listened to everything I said. I would, occasionally, blurt out a random comment regarding something funny or obscure I noticed in a commercial or whatever, and he would always respond positively, with a laugh or an "I know right," even if my comment was barely audible and nobody else noticed it. Sometimes, even, I would say something, and he wouldn't respond at first, but minutes later, would say something in relation to my comment. Overall, I admired his ease in communicating with other people. He knew what to say and how to say it, was very laid back... relaxing is something I'm horrible at when I'm around people I don't know.

While eating dinner that night, I noticed that my friends were badgering him about something. Apparently he has some weird eating habits or something... (not important). Anyways, I noticed that they were making him uncomfortable, so changed the subject, and stared them down. This is something I never do, and so I surprised myself in doing so. Usually, I get very annoyed when people purposefully change the subject, and am amused when I see people poke fun at each others' weaknesses (as long as it's in good humor), so I don't know why this bothered me.

There were many instances throughout the night, when I felt that he grasped my intentions easily. None of the occasions were grand enough to be worth describing in great detail here. But I did notice them.

Anyways, so I felt very connected to this person, which is unusual for me, so I was thinking, hey maybe I've met a dual!

Then, the next day, I meet up with him and my friends and him again, and we're walking around in the mall. I tried to start up a conversation with him, and it was like the connection was gone. He didn't seem to have any desire to talk to me, and when he did, it was as if he was talking into thin air.

I felt like he could detect my attraction (a friendly, non-romantic attraction, in case you're wondering... ) towards him and that it made him uneasy, which was strange because the night before he seemed... pleased with it. Now, it was like he was aware of my attraction and thought I was stupid for making it perceptable.

Anyways, there's more to this, but I can't seem to find the words to describe it right now. So if anybody has anything to say (maybe this is some other kind of intertype relation I've never heard of), I suck at typing people so your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Can it be identical? because it sounds like you guys can click, understand each other. But as time goes on, it's harder to keep up with each other, unless the other person plays the role of their dual.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Can it be identical? because it sounds like you guys can click, understand each other. But as time goes on, it's harder to keep up with each other, unless the other person plays the role of their dual.
    Or...I've had this kind of thing happen with Kindreds. The shared first function makes it seem like there's some kind of connection, but it's an unstable one. If it was a dual or intraquadra relation the connection would probably still be there, so I would guess adjacent quadra.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Or...I've had this kind of thing happen with Kindreds. The shared first function makes it seem like there's some kind of connection, but it's an unstable one. If it was a dual or intraquadra relation the connection would probably still be there, so I would guess adjacent quadra.
    With Kindred relationship though, you feel a fundamental difference in how you look at things, looking at the same situation in different angle, kind of like how socionics.com describes it.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 aixelsyd

Initial attraction is not strictly type related, but over time type can have strong influences.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't so much that I felt that he was "pushing me away" as I felt that he thought I was an idiot for my expression of my fondness towards him (I guess this is use of Fi?) and bevavior (I was in a very goofy mood the second day).
    Hm, maybe it is an same-quadra relationship then. You'll have to see how it plays out later on.

This is possible. Here is more information which might be useful: I got the feeling after talking to him for a bit, that although we got along and all that, that the people who he's friends with were not people I would naturally get along with. This was just an intuition, but my intuition is usually right. So it's like, we would be a bridge between social groups that normally would want nothing to do with each other. I believe this is an aspect of Kindred relationships, correct?
    Yeah, I mean if he's friends with your supervisor or opposite quadra types you would get that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    +1 aixelsyd

Initial attraction is not strictly type related, but over time type can have strong influences.
    Like anything in socionics, YMMV, but most of the times I can think of having a really strong initial mutual attraction to someone it was dual, semi-dual, or something like that. Though obviously not all dualities start off that way.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way it played out doesn't necessarily have to mean anything socionically. It sounds cool the way the first meeting went, but I'm sad the second time didn't exactly work out. What type are you btw? I'd guess ILE>ILI?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak ethics, superficially intuitive sounding, attracted to someone who debatably either is confident or merely comfortable in their own skin. Then I asked my Ouija board for confirmation.

But naw, it's just a hunch. The third type I thought of might be IEE. The guy sounded possibly Si dominant, SEI>SLI, even though there's really not much to go off of. I guess the way he acted sounded a lot like how I am sometimes, being generally friendly but occasionally just sort of aloofing it up.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I rarely feel mutual attractions/connections towards people. Most people I meet I tend to feel like I need to get away from, and like the contact is a strain.
    lol, you do sound like an ILE. As in you are highly uncomfortable with . Also this language "rarely", "tend to", "strange phenomenon" <- .

Socionics was made by ILEs for ILEs...I highly recommend you type yourself and your friend.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Weak ethics, superficially intuitive sounding, attracted to someone who debatably either is confident or merely comfortable in their own skin.
    ya

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Talking about accomplishments isn't really type related, but it could be related to Se. I do it a lot, speaking as an Se valuer, but only so people can know what I do, what I like, and for like-minded people to hopefully connect and to possibly do things together and simply connect in a mutually beneficial way.
    So you're saying you don't brag, unlike every other SEE on the planet?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

): why do I sould superficially intuitive? I am not trying to be anything right now. I will tell you more about the guy; he seemed at first to be... SEIish; seemed to know a lot about his body - how to move it - he was never clumsy, just sort of moved how I would imagine an Si-valuer to move. However, he had weird health issues that seemed to cancel out the Si-ness. Like, for example, unhealthily low body fat an unhealthy diet as well (weird how that works...). He bragged a lot about his accomplishments, which I (on first impulse) attributed to Se-valuing, but then later relized that he just likes to talk a lot. I also noticed that it didn't annoy me when he bragged, although usually it drives me crazy when people do that. He was very friendly. I really enjoy friendly people, but I am always paranoid that they are only pretending to be friendly which kind of ruins it. I got the feeling that he had a disdain towards superficial people though, so I believed that his friendliness was legitimate.
    Oh, I just meant superficially intuitive in the sense that I've only read a couple of your posts and you seem N-ish, not that you're trying to come across as any particular thing. I don't like to proclaim anyone is this or that unless I've known them for a while and all the pieces parse together in a way that makes fundamental sense from a socionics theory sort of dealio.

Also, the way you describe him in more detail I'd lean away from SEI. Bragging about accomplishments isn't something I'd think fits very well, unless they were exaggerating it for comic effect (that's what I do, anyway). I'm usually relatively disinterested in talking myself up from a serious POV. He sounds an awful lot like my roommate who I think is SEE, although since he hasn't really accomplished all that much, he's usually going on about all the things he's going to accomplish (he wants to get famous in the music industry). Maybe ILI fits better for you, since I think in general Fi-PoLRs would be slightly less preoccupied with whether or not people are 'faking' being nice. I'd expect that they would be more likely to simply accept the attention and bask in it without focusing on true intentions quite so much.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Like anything in socionics, YMMV, but most of the times I can think of having a really strong initial mutual attraction to someone it was dual, semi-dual, or something like that. Though obviously not all dualities start off that way.
    I know what you mean, each type can have a specific feeling of attraction, but without experience it can be difficult to distinguish them. I would say Semi dual and Benefit are the strongest, with maybe Super Ego and Contrast(Extinguishment) next, then Mirage(Illusionary), Activity and Dual.

There is a pattern, but you have to distance yourself from the infatuation to really tell, because it's unique for every type and relation.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a cue for me to provide more information about myself so that you can type me? And, uh, thanks for the welcome (not really sure what I'm supposed to say in this situation. lol)
    If you like, you can start up a "Type Me" thread. Then you can post all the information about yourself that you want!
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

hey lemon,maybe :
    1)you got on your friends' nerves by changing the subject and staring them down so they told that guy some really nasty stuff aboutcha!
    2)he is a closet homosexual who interpreted your fondness as romantic interest so he might just wanted to put an end to it before it got any bigger. (in case you are a girl) uhm dunno i get gay vibes by that description...
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 12-27-2010 at 10:35 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's not enough information in your post to determine any intertype relations.

There are so many things going on, so many interplays of emotions and reactions both internally and externally for the individual involved with you. I mean look at the possibilities ...

1. He's distracted by inner sensations he doesn't want to talk about.
    2. He's distracted by worry/happiness of something in his head.
    3. He's in pain.
    4. He's no longer interested in pleasing you in verbal lingo.
    5. He only talks when there are many people around.

You name the possibilities and all are just as likely.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to your description. I often show the fact that I want something from someone a little too nakedly and it scares them off, sometimes briefly, sometimes permanently. It's weird, but it's not just romantic relationships you have to go into pretending to want less than you do (or like less than you do or whatever).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might do that.

haha okay, well here's my personal address and list of all different methods of transport for accessing my home....
    out of curiousity (because quadras are said to have their own sense of humor), will you tell me if you think these are funny?

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictu...203/Analogies/
    Seems like - humor to me...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    The third type I thought of might be IEE. The guy sounded possibly Si dominant, SEI>SLI, even though there's really not much to go off of. I guess the way he acted sounded a lot like how I am sometimes, being generally friendly but occasionally just sort of aloofing it up.
    Actually this is what my first thought was. I think lemon is the same type as me.

I related so much to what you wrote, lemon, and what you described was exactly what I experienced with my dual as well. Unfortunately it didn't materialize into a relationship :frown: but I swear it could have just as well been me who wrote the OP. The way you sensed the connection, the subtleties, and how were building it, and sensing how he became distant, to me rings an Fi-creative bell. What in particular you are focusing on in your interactions with him also resonates a lot with me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh. okay, well here's what I don't understand about me and Fi. I might have Fi, but if I do, I suck at it. I am very conscious of relationships, and the subtle invisible emotions that pass between people during conversation or whatever, but I suck at using this information. When I try to say nice things or show my appreciation for somebody/something, I always feel like I am being fake even though my intentions are honest. I also used to be very paranoid of people disliking me; I thought I could see it in their eyes. And that seems to me like something that would point more to some kind of F PoLR.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and about the original topic of this thread (which doesn't seem very important now, but I thought I would add anyways), the guy matches the Filatova portraits of the ESTjs. I'm not any expert on V.I., those were just the pictures he matched the best.
    Hmmmmm, you could be SLI then. SLIs, is this how Fe-POLR and Fi-HA feels?

but then, i feel exactly the same way as you do here:

Now, though, when I use Fi, I always worry that I am just being over-imaginative, because there's nothing to prove that the "silent interaction" going on between people is even real. I don't trust my perceptions, basically
    I think it's an Ne thing.

btw be careful with the Filatova portraits. A lot of them are mistyped. Use gallery.socionix.com for a better guide to VI.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    btw be careful with the Filatova portraits. A lot of them are mistyped.
    Filatova did it on purpose ?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filatova didn't type the people in her portraits off of any visual method but from extensive interviewing. Any similarities they may have in VI were strictly coincidental
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Filatova didn't type the people in her portraits off of any visual method but from extensive interviewing. Any similarities they may have in VI were strictly coincidental
    Was she responsible for those sketches on socionics.org or are they unrelated? Some seem like a composite or "inspired by" some of the photos (although I'm not seeing it with some types).

TIM
    Fe dominant
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Hmmmmm, you could be SLI then. SLIs, is this how Fe-POLR and Fi-HA feels?

but then, i feel exactly the same way as you do here:

I think it's an Ne thing.

btw be careful with the Filatova portraits. A lot of them are mistyped. Use gallery.socionix.com for a better guide to VI.
    Oh wow. These make much more sense than the Filatova portraits. The people in these portraits actually look similar!
    Also: I was looking through all of the pictures, and V.I.ed myself as an Fi-ENFp (again, not that I know anything about it, and not that I trust this to be my type, but those were just the one who's facial expressions matched mine the most). And then, I was looking at the Te ISTps, and I find Calvin Coolidge! He has always been my favorite president and a person who I just think is "cool" (<- haha, pun), and I never really had any good reason why....

I just thought that was interesting.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Was she responsible for those sketches on socionics.org or are they unrelated? Some seem like a composite or "inspired by" some of the photos (although I'm not seeing it with some types).
    I don't know if she drew them but they're apparently from a book of hers called "Socionics for you" (at least according to Google translator)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired