Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your Emotional Intelligence EQ score?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is your Emotional Intelligence EQ score?

i am just curious. i am intj, i think my eq is pretty low. and it didn't surprise me when i saw the score.

here is the test:
    http://www.queendom.com/tests/access...idRegTest=1121

i got 80

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EQ score is pretty much fry.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just did the test and got 118. I'm happy with that.

IQ wise I'm a bit better, heh!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    i am just curious. i am intj, i think my eq is pretty low. and it didn't surprise me when i saw the score.

here is the test:

i got 80
    mine is not naturally high, but has gotten better with work over the years. i'll take the test and see now.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post

here is the test:

i got 80
    wtf? i thought mine was lower when younger than what i even scored here! and as i went through the questions i thought "hey, i'm doing pretty good here, i'll get a high score!"

it was 78! very poor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read the first page of questions and got the feeling that I'd score very low too. But there are different conceptions of EQ floating around, and its possible that a person may be "high" in one, and "low" in another.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am WINNAR. Let my dry your tears

<3

You'd kind of hope that a Fe valuer would be emotionally intelligent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Anyway... part of it is one may know the more emotionally intelligent thing to do, but I tended to answer questions with what I probably would do, not with what I know I "should" do. Or something. There's a schism between knowing and doing I think is what I mean.
    Yeah same. It's sort of obvious (at least to me), how the answers are scored, but if I answered it keeping in mind what I would probably do, I wouldn't score very highly.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may have said this before in an EQ thread in the Alternate Theories subforum way back when... but that's something I find really interesting about EQ.

I mean IQ scores can vary with self-esteem, mood, education, bla, bla, bla... but there isn't a divide really between what you know and whether or not you *know* it so deeply that it is manifested regularly in your actions... With EQ on the other hand there is that divide. It isn't just what you know... it's whether you act on it that is a component of EQ. And acting on what one knows in an automatic way isn't very easy... Anyway, I just find it interesting.

I'm suddenly afraid the word "know" will be nitpicked. I think I'll go to bed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm yeah. some EQ tests though are different - like the ones where they get you to read emotions off faces. I don't think I would score so low on those ones. But I've also read that those types of EQ tests are more strongly correlated with IQ. So its hard to really know what "EQ" actually is.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a 102, which actually surprised me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    101 "slightly below average". You'd think 100 would be average, and their little bell curve picture has 100 as average. Weird.
    102 "slightly below average".

I score higher than you?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha, oh geez. I was sitting here taking the test and thinking "Duh, all common sense. I'm going to score way higher than i should."

And...

82, 13th percentile. I am made of ILE emotional fail. lol
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Hahaha, oh geez. I was sitting here taking the test and thinking "Duh, all common sense. I'm going to score way higher than i should."

And...

82, 13th percentile. I am made of ILE emotional fail. lol
    so you were trying to get a high score rather than taking the test honestly? (not implying that you should or shouldn't, just curious)

Creepy-bg

106... answering honestly instead of "rightly"

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High five BG - I got 106 too.

Just curious - what did everyone put for the emotions of the people at the bus stop?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    High five BG - I got 106 too.

Just curious - what did everyone put for the emotions of the people at the bus stop?
    The one in the patterned dress I thought looked anxious/bored (after spending I don't know how many hours in my life craning my neck looking for the bus I recognized that one ) but I think bored was the option available. The one on the other end looked amused... I don't remember what i put for the other two.. those were the easiest type of questions for me... although I had to go for the closest emotions on some of them as what I "read" in their expessions and body language was generally more complex than than the options available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay I totally jumped the gun on this test, it was much more varied and thorough than I thought it would be when I had only seen the first page of questions

having said that, I scored 93 - "for the self-report component" - I think this only includes the first part, about what you actually do in certain situations.

and about the busstop - I think I said boredom for the woman on the left, woman in the middle was worried, girl is impatient, and woman on the right is excited

EDIT: did it say "for the self-report component" for everyone? If so I think that might explain why some scores were lower than expected - to get your overall score (assuming there is one), and the subscores for the other parts of the test, it seems like you need to pay money.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    The one in the patterned dress I thought looked anxious/bored (after spending I don't know how many hours in my life craning my neck looking for the bus I recognized that one ) but I think bored was the option available. The one on the other end looked amused... I don't remember what i put for the other two.. those were the easiest type of questions for me... although I had to go for the closest emotions on some of them as what I "read" in their expessions and body language was generally more complex than than the options available.
    Yeah, me too. I was looking for options such as "46% sadness, 53% anger with a dash of perplexity and boredom", but they weren't there.

For the bus stop one I picked (from left to right) sad, neutral, impatient and happy.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    101 "slightly below average". You'd think 100 would be average, and their little bell curve picture has 100 as average. Weird.
    Actually the curve goes from 55 to 155, so the average is 105 (they shouldn't highlight 100 in the curve, agreed).

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the deuce? What the heck is the difference between answering the questions honestly and rightly? I just answered in whatever way they asked me to answer.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to wonder what kind of person would get 155 then.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably cry a lot.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    They probably cry a lot.
    Actually, they probably just cry when they're supposed to...lol. Being emotionally intelligent doesn't mean you're overly emotional, just that you know how to use emotions correctly when needed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Actually, they probably just cry when they're supposed to...lol. Being emotionally intelligent doesn't mean you're overly emotional, just that you know how to use emotions correctly when needed.
    who the fuck determines "correctly"? that's bullshit! i answered the questions in a way that was CORRECT for me and my life and my way of viewing the world and they told me i suck at it. well, go tell that to my hubby and kids and the hundreds of folks i've helped in their emotional lives.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    who the fuck determines "correctly"? that's bullshit! i answered the questions in a way that was CORRECT for me and my life and my way of viewing the world and they told me i suck at it. well, go tell that to my hubby and kids and the hundreds of folks i've helped in their emotional lives.
    i think i agree.
    +2
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

124 ... Some of the expressions didn't fit the choices at all. Like the girl in pink. She looked like she was either watching a news report, reading the train schedule, or wondering if she left the iron on. 'Thinking' should have a choice...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correctly, the way I meant it... Is the best way to possibly handle a situation to get the outcome that would be best for all involved. For instance... If someone's mom died today... the "correct" way to handle that when they tell you this is something like "well I'm sorry to hear that." vs the incorrect way of handling it, something like, "oh well, get over it, we all die." Hopefully you get my point here.

i answered the questions in a way that was CORRECT for me and my life and my way of viewing the world and they told me i suck at it. well, go tell that to my hubby and kids and the hundreds of folks i've helped in their emotional lives.
    Hopefully this is how everyone would do this test. If anyone says there's something wrong with that then feel free to tell them they're retarded.
    Last edited by cracka; 06-04-2008 at 09:31 PM. Reason: trying not to be a prick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correctly, the way I meant it... Is the best way to possibly handle a situation to get the outcome that would be best for all involved. For instance... If someone's mom died today... the "correct" way to handle that when they tell you this is something like "well I'm sorry to hear that." vs the incorrect way of handling it, something like, "oh well, get over it, we all die." Hopefully you get my point here.

Hopefully this is how everyone would do this test. If anyone says there's something wrong with that then feel free to tell them they're retarded.
    for this reason is probably why i don't do it "correctly." i'm sorry cracka, i understood completely what you meant, this whole idea of anyone doing ANYTHING CORRECTLY is probably my BIGGEST hot button. i truly "go crazy" about the notion of anyone "having" to do anything "correctly" according to someone else's idea of correct. i believe WE ARE THE ONLY one that knows if something is correct for us or not.

i'm sorry again to go off here. i did NOT mean for my first statement about it to be directed to you cracka or anyone else inparticular. as well as this one. just putting my view "out there" about this idea of "correctness."

sorry again. this must be the "thing" why others have called be abrasive, bitchy, "know it all." this whole notion is a HUGE deal for me in my parenting, parenting work with others and in how i homeschool and talk about homeschooling with others. i really have to make a huge conscious effort to tone it down and preface it with "in my opinion..." so people understand that it's not personal and i'm actually open to hearing how others think about it all as well. i love discussing opinions back and forth without worrying about "hurting feelings."

thanks for emailing me back cracka.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, I'm NEVER using the word correctly or correct on this forum again. It's never done anything good for me here... I actually know of 3 instances now where I've had to argue a point just because I've used that word and the other person doesn't like it or what it stands for.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, I'm NEVER using the word correctly or correct on this forum again. It's never done anything good for me here... I actually know of 3 instances now where I've had to argue a point just because I've used that word and the other person doesn't like it or what it stands for.
    oh please know that my "stuff" that i spewed was not personal to you. if anything, it may have helped me understand my type better since that is such a big button of mine. so, if anything, thank you!

i hope the others who argued with you about it weren't pointing it at you directly either....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh please know that my "stuff" that i spewed was not personal to you. if anything, it may have helped me understand my type better since that is such a big button of mine. so, if anything, thank you!

i hope the others who argued with you about it weren't pointing it at you directly either....
    no, it was a situation that worked out somewhat like this one did. I said the word "C.....t" and the first post after was "Who the fuck are you to say what's c.....t? to which I replied much the same was as I did here... that was the last time, i don't remember the first time much but i do remember it happening. It seriously made me want to jump up and down yelling AAHHHHHHH!!! WTF!?!?!?! lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, it was a situation that worked out somewhat like this one did. I said the word "C.....t" and the first post after was "Who the fuck are you to say what's c.....t? to which I replied much the same was as I did here... that was the last time, i don't remember the first time much but i do remember it happening. It seriously made me want to jump up and down yelling AAHHHHHHH!!! WTF!?!?!?! lol.
    i'm really sorry again... do you have any idea what that is attributed to in socionics? if you have a natural tendency to use that word and if others have a natural tendency to not like it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm really sorry again... do you have any idea what that is attributed to in socionics? if you have a natural tendency to use that word and if others have a natural tendency to not like it?
    No idea... I know nothing about socionics... I do my best not to know anything about it actually...haha. The fact that I've been on here for 2+ years now really means nothing... It's only here that I've ever used that word and it made me get into an argument/disagreement.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait what? I scored second highest? But I'm an emotional retard. I don't exactly make good social choices. This test confuses me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is everyone ignoring me?!

they only give you your score for the "self report component", which I'm pretty sure is the first part ("how often do you ...").

To get the whole report, you need to pay them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast