Thread: Enneagraph

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Enneagraph

A very simplified, tentative and fast tool to play around with the positive/negative traits of the enneatypes.

http://www.enneagramspectrum.com/enneagraph.html

For instance: In the three centers, I measured E3's full spectrum + an E1 and E7 spectrum, albeit more on the negative side.
    ---> Tritype 317. Additional strength in E4 and E8, thus likely wings of the 3 and 7 component.

Result: 3w4 1w? 7w8.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Attachment 9515

So this is saying I'm 4w5 with 458 tritype. My actual type is 4w3 468.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I find this impossible to answer. I prefer it when there is a choice between options, or some sort of scale.

If I got someone to answer it on my behalf, perhaps after discussing each option with me, I would probably be able to get something out of it.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    I find this impossible to answer. I prefer it when there is a choice between options, or some sort of scale.

If I got someone to answer it on my behalf, perhaps after discussing each option with me, I would probably be able to get something out of it.
    I did it for myself, then I had someone here with me, that knows me really well, do it for me. Then we discussed the results. I was surprised they checked all the positive qualities of 2. I don't consider myself a helpful person at all but they said whenever they need me I will help, even if they know it is reluctantly. :/ They also consider me a conscientious person too. The way they decided was if I was that way more than 50% of the time. I prefer doing this type of thing with someone else. I do like to hear other peoples's perception of me.

My results:

Their results for me:

I didn't show them my results until they were done.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

True and good idea, you could ask a close friend!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also found another tritype test to use:

http://enneagramuserguide.com/tests/tritype-wing

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 4-1-5
    and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 4w5-1w9-5w4

Your overall type preference is:
    type 4 (4w5) first,
    type 1 (1w9) second,
    and type 5 (5w4) third.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Actually, I still get the impression you could have 6 in your tritype and have a strong 5 wing, @Vespertine.
    Your first result shows a significant 6 side.

So... I have the impression you could be
    4w5 (416 - The Philosopher)

I'd say there is a similarity to @Aylen , in that the 5 wing is pretty strong, but there is also a good amount of 6 that I wouldn't ignore.
    And generally, I find the "Seeker" tritype fits much better anyhow.

So, I'd be inclined to say Aylen is likely 4w5 (469).

The identification with 8 might come from seeing yourself as a strong person (enlighten me on why you find 8 probable in your tritype), but you seem to lack any stereotypical Type 8 characteristics... Or in other words, I don't really see them, but maybe I am mistaken. Especially what you mentioned recently in the Starfall thread... it was something spiritual regarding clearing the energies or whatever, I cannot remember the exact wording – the whole concept was much more SX 9 than 8 to me, again, much more fitting of the "Seeker".
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-09-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Looks about right.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'd be curious to see what you get, @Adam Strange .

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I'd be curious to see what you get, @Adam Strange .
    I got this, but there is some jitter in the results of several tries, which varied with the way I felt at that moment. Some of these could be off by a question or two.

Adam's Enneagraph test results.jpg

So, 8w7, 3w2, 6w7.

I took a tri-type test about two years ago and got about the same result (actually, I got exactly the same result, but as I said, there is some jitter. The above results are the center of the jitter), but that test disappeared from the web shortly after I took it, and it consisted of a LOT of questions. I find it interesting that this test gives the same results with just a few checked boxes.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 02-09-2017 at 12:59 AM.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so this lady Anemos has been diagnosed with irl OCD so many times it isn't even funny so let's just say OCD will make you a one-n-five-hybrid-creature-stabbity-thing.

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your first result shows a significant 6 side.
    I don't think that is especially important, as 6 is about equally significant as 9, 4, & 2. I'll give it a serious analysis, however...

I can identify with peevishness and being prone to anxiety, but I don't consider myself especially 'reactive'. I think that when I am strongly bothered about something, I tend to conceal my frustrations from others... keeping a 'stiff upper lip' so to speak (I may be underestimating my own neuroticism, but I DO know that I'm not expressive of it). Fauvre's description says that 4-6-1's are "inclined to voice their feelings and intuitions" - I don't readily voice my observations, except with familiar & trusted people perhaps.

Generally I prefer to remain low-key than rock the boat (the E9 perceptions of me may be rooted in this) - I think the exception is when I feel certain that I have the 'right' to be upset, and am not being led by my emotions (which often seem irrational, transitory, etc in retrospect). Otherwise I may act totally impartial... perhaps superficially appearing to be fine with what is happening when that is not really the case.

I still lean towards 415. The two tritypes overlap in certain areas, but I don't feel that 416 is entirely representative of me. On the other hand, I don't have any issue with seeing myself as a 415.

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my result;
    Screenshot_2.png

and this is what my boyfriend thinks (I think he is most likely [9w1], 4w5, 6w5), and I think he is projecting his unconscious desire to be with a strong person.
    Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_4.png

Great find, @Chae!
    Last edited by Mori; 02-09-2017 at 06:57 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably too simple and short to be reliable. Many of these are not a clear yes/no, it's a matter of degree. But I gave it go anyway.

Screenshot (124).png
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'd say there is a similarity to @Aylen , in that the 5 wing is pretty strong, but there is also a good amount of 6 that I wouldn't ignore.
    And generally, I find the "Seeker" tritype fits much better anyhow.

So, I'd be inclined to say Aylen is likely 4w5 (469).

The identification with 8 might come from seeing yourself as a strong person (enlighten me on why you find 8 probable in your tritype), but you seem to lack any stereotypical Type 8 characteristics... Or in other words, I don't really see them, but maybe I am mistaken. Especially what you mentioned recently in the Starfall thread... it was something spiritual regarding clearing the energies or whatever, I cannot remember the exact wording – the whole concept was much more SX 9 than 8 to me, again, much more fitting of the "Seeker".
    I did not seriously consider 8 possible again until recently when someone pointed out to me that I seemed more 8ish than a particular 8w9 here. I will start with saying 4 and 5 are also given for me. I say that with full confidence. The 9 is trickier as I have said before. Do I have a 9 or do I just want it there... I thought I had settled it awhile back. Recent developments have me reconsidering behavior both in my past and present. I think it is most likely that being an sx 4 I come off as an 8. So thank you. If you had not responded I probably would have just left it alone until it came to me in a burst of insight. I am back to my original type of 459 sx/sp. <3

Triple withdrawn make a lot more sense than triple doubt.

Type 6 is a type I was able to evaluate and dismiss early in my enneagram exploration. It simply doesn't fit in any position. I find it interesting though that you were unable to check off "loyal" or "trustworthy" on yours? Why is that? How do you hope to snare an SLE if you lack those...

The other two things I personally checked off for 6 was self-doubting (common for iei) and authority issues. I suppose you would have to know my history to understand the authority issues though. I have posted about them enough that I don't feel a need to repost them here.

Anyway being loyal and trustworthy are not just 6 traits. I do like hearing people's perspective about me. I can see why you suggest 469 for me as it is "the seeker" tritype. You are not the first person to suggest it since it seems like the obvious no-brainer guess. Enneagram is about motivations so if you were to talk to me one on one you would discover that my motivations are not in alignment with the motivations of a 6 in any position.

This is how the person who answered for me checked things off for me. We had a discussion about it later. They still think that 458 sx/sp is the best fit for me after we went through all the 4 tritypes. They clicked conscientious but I think it is because they still see me as an INFJ in MBTI. They told me it seemed like I wanted to do the right thing more than 50% of the time and I recycle. lol If I were more so I would probably be a hard worker and dutiful which I am not unless circumstances require me to be. They happen to be a 6 btw and a very hard worker.

I wasn't going to share their answers since they could be misinterpreted but in the interest of full disclosure of what someone close to me thinks...

They tried to convince me that I am a "leader" type a few months back but I squashed that idea. Being the oldest child I think it might be easy to attribute leadership qualities to me. I have no desire to lead anything these days. I am more likely to shirk that responsibility.

Edit: I am not a worrier. I have the average levels of worry that pass rather quickly. I explained it to them but then they told me I am always warning them to be careful of certain things. They mistook that for "worry" when I was not technically worried at all.
    Last edited by Aylen; 02-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adasda.jpg

5w6 ..... ? This is from other test as well. 6w5 2w3 1w9
    asdsadasdas.jpg

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I find it interesting though that you were unable to check off "loyal" or "trustworthy" on yours? Why is that? How do you hope to snare an SLE if you lack those...

The other two things I personally checked off for 6 was self-doubting (common for iei) and authority issues. I suppose you would have to know my history to understand the authority issues though. I have posted about them enough that I don't feel a need to repost them here.

Anyway being loyal and trustworthy are not just 6 traits. I do like hearing people's perspective about me. I can see why you suggest 469 for me as it is "the seeker" tritype. You are not the first person to suggest it since it seems like the obvious no-brainer guess. Enneagram is about motivations so if you were to talk to me one on one you would discover that my motivations are not in alignment with the motivations of a 6 in any position.

This is how my the person who answered for me checked things off for me. We had a discussion about it later. They still think that 458 sx/sp is the best fit for me after we went through all the 4 tritypes. They clicked conscientious but I think it is because they still see me as an INFJ in MBTI. They told me it seemed like I wanted to do the right thing more than 50% of the time and I recycle. lol If I were more so I would probably be a hard worker and dutiful which I am not unless circumstances require me to be. They happen to be a 6 btw and a very hard worker.
    I don't relate to being a particularly "loyal" or "trustworthy" person, to be completely honest. I have let people down before just so I can stay in my own bubble. I don't know how to take the word "trustworthy". I suppose I am trustworthy, technically? I don't try to screw people over. At the same time, I do nothing to appear to be either loyal or trustworthy, nor do I highly value those traits in general. That's why I didn't pick them.

The only thing I could vaguely relate to was "self-doubting", though this word doesn't truly hit the mark. I can be reticent, insecure about the way I look, and see myself in a worse light than necessary. But I don't really doubt myself when it comes to my abilities or knowing something to be true. This has become quite obvious on this forum, haha. People accuse me of being "too sure of myself". This is rather anti-6. 6s are never "really sure".

I also cannot relate to having "authority issues". I can only vaguely think about what it means. I've had my struggles with my Conflictor father, but I never saw him as an oppressive authority figure per se. I just saw him as someone who was against me or didn't understand me. I've never extrapolated my conflicts with him on finding an issue with authority in general. I tested as "Pro-Government" in the recent political orientation test. "Pro" is a strong word, but it reflects that I don't have any issues with authority per se. As far as I know, Counterphobic 6s find the most issue with authorities of any kind.

I'm still inclined to believe you are the Seeker tritype.

I understand your perspective, and you are surely a "withdrawn" kind of person:
    4 and 9 are withdrawn, add being an introvert and SO blindspot to the mix, and you'll feel Triple Withdrawn alright.

I do not doubt you are 4w5.
    This is probably another factor as to why you can relate more to 5 than 6.
    But again, you seem to have certain traits that point at 6 in the tritype.

Ofc this is just my impression, and I respect your own take on your tritype.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't relate to being a particularly "loyal" or "trustworthy" person, to be completely honest. I have let people down before just so I can stay in my own bubble. I don't know how to take the word "trustworthy". I suppose I am trustworthy, technically? I don't try to screw people over. At the same time, I do nothing to appear to be either loyal or trustworthy, nor do I highly value those traits in general. That's why I didn't pick them.

The only thing I could vaguely relate to was "self-doubting", though this word doesn't truly hit the mark. I can be reticent, insecure about the way I look, and see myself in a worse light than necessary. But I don't really doubt myself when it comes to my abilities or knowing something to be true. This has become quite obvious on this forum, haha. People accuse me of being "too sure of myself". This is rather anti-6. 6s are never "really sure".

I also cannot relate to having "authority issues". I can only vaguely think about what it means. I've had my struggles with my Conflictor father, but I never saw him as an oppressive authority figure per se. I just saw him as someone who was against me or didn't understand me. I've never extrapolated my conflicts with him on finding an issue with authority in general. I tested as "Pro-Government" in the recent political orientation test. "Pro" is a strong word, but it reflects that I don't have any issues with authority per se. As far as I know, Counterphobic 6s find the most issue with authorities of any kind.

I'm still inclined to believe you are the Seeker tritype.

I understand your perspective, and you are surely a "withdrawn" kind of person:
    4 and 9 are withdrawn, add being an introvert and SO blindspot to the mix, and you'll feel Triple Withdrawn alright.

I do not doubt you are 4w5.
    This is probably another factor as to why you can relate more to 5 than 6.
    But again, you seem to have certain traits that point at 6 in the tritype.

Ofc this is just my impression, and I respect your own take on your tritype.
    I actually relate to what you say about loyalty and trustworthiness very much and also insecurity. I do not define myself by any of those traits, not even self-doubting or authority issues. The person who answered for me also had a issue with checking authority issues for me but they chose it because I do not like being told what to do unless someone has a good reason.

I also scored pro-government I believe so if by authority issues we are talking big picture, then no, I do not have those kinds of issues. I clashed most with my ESI aunt but she was sadistic. Any authority issues I have stemmed from that and sort of escalated from there. Teen stuff mostly.

I am more neutral towards government than pro atm since politics is not my thing. I am fine with most authority as long as it isn't personally harming me or those I care about. I am not even that much of a complainer. Seems we might be having a misunderstanding of how we define these things.

I don't mind if you see me as 469, there are worse things you could do than call me a seeker. Thing is I am not particularly seeking anything in this lifetime but it would take me a lifetime to explain it to you in a form that you could comprehend. It is very internal and specific to me. I know my "mission" or "purpose" sts. Fulfilling it without getting sidetracked is the bigger issue. There are things I have known since early childhood...

Have you considered so/sp btw? You certainly have a contraflow edge to you that I can't quite place. So/sx seems much more in alignment with a 479 which is also something I have seen suggested for you. The gentle spirit. I don't think you quite fit gentle spirit or so/sx if we are being honest about it.

I have read enough about the 4 stackings and instincts that I have a pretty good eye for what correlates and something about so/sx does not correlate with the way you express yourself and your self type of 459.

Maybe check out so/sp and see if it works better for you? Your perception that you do not care about sp stuff just might be coming from the ease people often feel in their second instinct? It can be perceived as something you don't care about. You also self type IEI which is a type that does not appear to focus much on sp stuff. I am just suggesting you take another look. I am not invested in you or anyone else seeing you as so/sp.

You could also check out the gentle spirit tritype and see if it makes more sense. I have not followed your posts enough to get a good sense of you so those who think you are the gentle spirit might have a better sense of who you are.

I do take into account your long list of must haves for a partner when considering so/sp is a better fit. So/sx is like one of the most fickle types but you seem pretty certain about what you want and you will not settle for less. This remind me of my mom and her requirements. My mom is so/sp.

I have thought this for awhile and since we are at the point of evaluating each other it seems I should share my perception as well. I remember others thought you were contraflow as well over the past couple of years. This might explain it?

Social/Self-pres
    This subtype can mimic type One when it comes to social values. They can be harsh critics of the current mores. They have romantic ideals of what the world should be like; reality always falls short. Ironically, this type can be the most withdrawn of the Fours. Social anxiety combines with the Four’s shame issues to make this type feel that the pressure associated with “fitting in” is just not worth it. They are also the most likely of the Fours to intellectualize their emotions and in this way resemble type Five.

The social instinct tends to give the personality a focus on being included, fitting in, or finding a way to make a valued contribution. This agenda conflicts with the Four’s sense of being “different from” or “other than.” The Four’s need to establish a separate identity conflicts with the social instinct’s drive towards inclusion. The social Four often deals with this dilemma by defining themselves as being outside the social system. By defining themselves always in terms of the system, even if it is to establish distance, this Four stays essentially tied to it. Fours with the social/self-pres stacking tend to acutely feel a sense of social shame at not quite belonging.

When this subtype is reasonably healthy, they are often gifted critics of the prevailing culture. They develop true insight into social dynamics and have an eye for the nuances and subtleties of social interactions. Many Four writers are soc/self.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 7-1-4
    and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 7w8-1w9-4w5

7-1-4
    Your overall type preference is:
    type 7 (7w8) first,
    type 1 (1w9) second,
    and type 4 (4w5) third.

Your dominant body-based type is type 1 (1w9)
    Your dominant heart-based type is type 4 (4w5)
    Your dominant head-based type is type 7 (7w8)

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

I got:
    Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 5-1-4
    and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 5w6-1w9-4w5

(I'll ask for a thread split, as this test deserves its own thread).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got:
    Based on your responses, your likely Enneagram tritype is: 5-1-4
    and your likely Enneagram tritype with wings is: 5w6-1w9-4w5

(I'll ask for a thread split, as this test deserves its own thread).
    Cool! 514 seems pretty accurate for you, perfect actually in that order. Close to @Vespertine! And yes thank you, good idea.