Thread: IEI Style/Appearances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI Style/Appearances

Not sure if I'm touching on VI territory, but I'm curious about some of the descriptions on socionics.com.. that IEI is refined or even foppish. Do you find that accurate about yourself?

I'm not refined. I've never owned a suit, for one. Or a top hat and monocle. Seriously, wtf is up with the illustration on that website? I don't even think I carry myself in a pompous way or try to sound intellectual.

As for "foppish", I can say that I try to avoid a lot of typical clothing I see guys wear. Like khakis and solid color polos. I think I just hate looking like a "dad" or something. And if I do wear a polo, it's got pink and blank stripes.. or if I buy a flannel, it's turquoise. But none of this is overtly stylish I think. I mean, I mostly get things from skater/urban shops. It's got color, but that isn't foppish is it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it describes me well, but just my nature.. it's not like I try to carry myself in those ways.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we probably just look badass compared to estjs, intjs and various other types.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S.O.B. MUST PAY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, I've noticed quite a few IEIs dress like SLIs, which led to quite some confusion for me. Both can be free spirited looking while also being classy good dressers but in a laid back "I didn't try too hard" kind of way. Especially the guys...they dress almost the same as SLIs. Rather simple down to earth stuff that still looks really good. Like a plain T shirt with jeans, but the kind that fits really well and looks classy, like you could go to a nicer restaurant or club in because it's better quality, (not cheap scary jeans and a Walmart shirt that you'd milk a cow in).

For some reason the IEIs I knew were very down to earth and didn't like anything too fussy or over the top, just like SLIs.

And then guys usually have some also dressy outfits that fit well etc. But then again, I live in NYC, so this is a weird place where everyone dresses up kinda, so I don't really know what I'm talking about.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call it whatever you want, I love IEIs style!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    so, I've noticed quite a few IEIs dress like SLIs, which led to quite some confusion for me. Both can be free spirited looking while also being classy good dressers but in a laid back "I didn't try too hard" kind of way. Especially the guys...they dress almost the same as SLIs. Rather simple down to earth stuff that still looks really good. Like a plain T shirt with jeans, but the kind that fits really well and looks classy, like you could go to a nicer restaurant or club in because it's better quality, (not cheap scary jeans and a Walmart shirt that you'd milk a cow in).

For some reason the IEIs I knew were very down to earth and didn't like anything too fussy or over the top, just like SLIs.

And then guys usually have some also dressy outfits that fit well etc. But then again, I live in NYC, so this is a weird place where everyone dresses up kinda, so I don't really know what I'm talking about.
    I'm not sure what SLI style is.. Plumber outfit? Basketball jersey? Wife beaters? If I were to go by those socionics pics, I actually dig the EIE/ENFj dude. Looks like Tommy Lee or something. umm, except I'm Asian.

Anyways, I guess I'm down to earth.. If I go beyond that and put on dress shirts or pants, I start feeling uncomfortable. Like I can't wait till the formalities are over and I can untuck my shirt.

As it is, for some reason, female friends easily talk about style with me or get my opinions on things. It's not beyond me to sit and look at hairstyles with them in those mags they buy or something. So I'm style conscious to some extent, I guess.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, no not really. The only time I wore camo was when I dressed as Che Guevara for Halloween. They've been in closet since.

I might post pics sooner or later. I have crappy old pics on hard drive, but they're all self-portraits. You couldn't see what I was wearing really. I'd never go for the bald look, for sure. That's like death to me. I like my hair long or almost fro-ish spiky. Occassionally I do a nerdy thing too with thick/black glasses (sometimes I hate wearing them though simply because they clash with my clothes... so I go blind for the sake of looking..not so nerdy).

is this thread about iei's or eie's?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    is this thread about iei's or eie's?
    it's bout lookin' good, yo!

yeah, i am a looker myself. my mom says i was always good at that, not sure why mentioning this, but anyways... ussually t'shirts, jeans, hoodies esp. then it's colder here, cool shirts... and, no, i'm ussually not over the top, even if im going for something especially unique, == things like shown in the picture:
    IMG_4464.jpg picture by narys - Photobucket

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Not sure if I'm touching on VI territory, but I'm curious about some of the descriptions on socionics.com.. that IEI is refined or even foppish. Do you find that accurate about yourself?

I'm not refined. I've never owned a suit, for one. Or a top hat and monocle. Seriously, wtf is up with the illustration on that website? I don't even think I carry myself in a pompous way or try to sound intellectual.

As for "foppish", I can say that I try to avoid a lot of typical clothing I see guys wear. Like khakis and solid color polos. I think I just hate looking like a "dad" or something. And if I do wear a polo, it's got pink and blank stripes.. or if I buy a flannel, it's turquoise. But none of this is overtly stylish I think. I mean, I mostly get things from skater/urban shops. It's got color, but that isn't foppish is it?
    WTF thought you were SLE!?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linas View Post
    it's bout lookin' good, yo!

yeah, i am a looker myself. my mom says i was always good at that, not sure why mentioning this, but anyways... ussually t'shirts, jeans, hoodies esp. then it's colder here, cool shirts... and, no, i'm ussually not over the top, even if im going for something especially unique, == things like shown in the picture:
    IMG_4464.jpg picture by narys - Photobucket
    CORDS you are having a fucking laugh

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I wear them and I am a badass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Mr., your english is rather strange.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I wear them and I am a badass.
    AHA! Must be cool in America.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An IEI friend of mine purposely tries not to look like other people. He has a friend who has similar tastes to him, and when we're shopping for clothes sometimes I point something out and he'll say it's cool but too much like something his friend would wear. His style is sort of a cros between trendy college freshman look, a stoner look, a retro look, and a... hmmm... somkething else that I don't know how to describe. It's unique to him.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep. it could the same with other IEIs as with me.

once, my friend, who's, i believe is SLE, asked if I am going for different look than other peeps. I got a little bit mad, because, that kinda was true, but I didn't enjoy that fact. sooo... we might be those ones trying to look cool and fresh, and also elegant, but also trendy, and of course different, not to merge with the majority, but we aren't very fond of idea being those one's over the others. that's kinda not nice to us.

does somebody agree with me?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I love to be "refined" but not in a peacock/dandish kind of way. More like in a simple, elegant, Alfie kind of way.
    Same for sounding decoupled from the usual way people express themselves. I love when something like this happens. I view it as vision channeling.

However, these kind of instances are not the everyday occurrences. This are the exceptional.
    In everyday life, a pair of jeans and a T-shirt or a polo shirt reigns supreme. As for the "sounding intellectual"... the every day IEI is a rambling unfocused storyteller.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My IEI friend looks and dresses like an emo rapper! (You know I love you)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am profoundly and infinitely indifferent to clothing. That's not an IEI thing, that's a me thing. I did try to get a few nice-looking outfits when I first went to college. But then I stopped caring and that went right out the window.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for me, I'm the only MAN under this roof

Creepy-female

I think he's talking roof as in triangle tattooed to his brain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, no. I kinda misread a little bit. I thought that everyone's in Starfall's house is trying to borrow something from her... So, since my dad isn't a real MAN, and he even doesn't need fancy shit for his ass, I am the only MAN under this roof. well, got it, not?