Thread: Help me type this guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me type this guy

I may be entering into a business arrangement in the near future with this man. I am trying to type him so that I better understand both of our strengths and weaknesses and what each person brings to the table. I have a few pictures and a few articles about him and a news clip that he appears in briefly.

[Video Deleted]
    [Photos Deleted]

From his school's website discussing why he choose to get degrees in both religious studies and horticulture
    Most note worthy quote

"It works together in a really interesting way. I find that religious studies is a very powerful cultural tool to understanding the history of humanity. And to go along with that, there's something to be said about different cultures and their food laws and dietary restrictions; the cultures of societies and empires were all based on what their food systems were."
    "The intersection that's strongest for me (between religion and horticulture) is humanitarian efforts. Having a religious studies background really opens up the doors for anything relating to community development, non-profit work, and government work. I think what was nice about that is I got to understand culture from a different viewpoint."
    "It's a transformative major. Anything that studies the human condition allows you to adapt it to what is fitting and suitable for your interests." He continues, "Religion is everywhere. Religion is global. What I found most interesting about my major is learning the history of the world through religion."
    He works for a faith based non-profit, however he seems to be extremely financially motivated, more so than he is ethically motivated.

Some other tidbits of info that might be helpful:

He seems much more organized than myself but doesn't seem to have much direction with his plans, almost like hes reached a stagnant point, if that makes sense.
    When I asked him if he was interested in starting the business together strictly for the potential to make money or whether there was another motivating factor he laughed and said "of course it's for the money".
    This guy met my EII friend at a party and described himself seeing my EII friend in the corner not talking to anyone, and approached him, and reported that all he had to do was prod him and he couldn't get the EII to stop talking. He said the EII talked too much.
    When I asked him what his weaknesses were he described overloading his plate thinking he could accomplish everything by himself
    He regularly visits edm dance bars, like every weekend, where he tries to pick up straight guys, fairly successfully from what he described
    I will try to think of more that I can throw in there to help decipher but I am drawing blanks right now.
    Last edited by bonkybonky; 02-23-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a strong Ne base impression out of everything - possibly NeFi with such a focus on humanities (plus humanitarian effort), culture, and religion

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-valuing and it hurts.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

P could be SEE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidence to support my belief that he is Aggressor?
    Day after original meeting.

[Photo Deleted]
    Last edited by bonkybonky; 02-23-2015 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am blue he is yellow

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought SEI-Si from the pics and description.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

the tiny side pic is too tiny

SLI seems to be close but is xSxp for sure
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    P could be SEE
    How'd you figure he was P? Not doubting you, just curious what made P obvious to you.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGrylls92 View Post
    I may be entering into a business arrangement in the near future with this man. I am trying to type him so that I better understand both of our strengths and weaknesses and what each person brings to the table. I have a few pictures and a few articles about him and a news clip that he appears in briefly.
    You might enter a business relationship with him soon? Just a suggestion but you might want to put this thread in a private section of the forum. I mean I could see this not sitting well with someone if they ended up here through google. Not judging, just sayin'.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You might enter a business relationship with him soon? Just a suggestion but you might want to put this thread in a private section of the forum. I mean I could see this not sitting well with someone if they ended up here through google. Not judging, just sayin'.
    Totes judging. Judging you silently .

And yeah, same thing kinda crossed my mind briefly. Idk, I'd say delete them after he got a consensus but I hear photos never leave here or something.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Totes judging. Judging you silently .
    And yeah, same thing kinda crossed my mind briefly. Idk, I'd say delete them after he got a consensus but I hear photos never leave here or something.
    Get your judgy Fi out of my practical Te advice!

Consensus? Here?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What sort of business arrangement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well how do I make this thread Private? Thanks for all the response guys!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You don't need to. No one can find you because you don't use your name. Stop worrying. It's baseless.
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to. No one can find you because you don't use your name. Stop worrying. It's baseless
    Thanks Maritsa! Also thank you for your help with typing!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks Maritsa! Also thank you for your help with typing!
    You're welcome
    -

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don't need to. No one can find you because you don't use your name. Stop worrying. It's baseless.
    This could possibly be sarcastic because homeboy seems to have used his full name and birth year in his username, lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    This could possibly be sarcastic because homeboy seems to have used his full name and birth year in his username, lol.
    Oh I didn't think that was it....

He should change it
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ask a moderator to do it. Like Olly said you are using your own name and linking it to a post of a guy you want to do business with. It is not a baseless consideration. It is common sense. Not saying you lack it. You just didn't realize how easy this post might be for someone to find. I would give this advice to anyone. Potential employers or business partners might google you.
    @Kim
    @bg

Edit: I wish someone had told me this when I was 22 and.... :/
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-31-2015 at 04:07 PM.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the vid and etc. My vote's for SEI :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are using your own name and linking it to a post of a guy you want to do business with.
    Hahaha well first off my name is not anywhere neither is my birth year. Adam Grylls is a conglomeration of Bear Grylls and Grizzly Adams. I like to recreate in the form of backpacking. I completely understand the privacy sentiment, this is my first time ever actively participating in a forum so I must ask, how do I contact an admin.

Watched the vid and etc. My vote's for SEI
    SLI seems to be close but is xSxp for sure
    It is interesting that you two type them as these two types. He didn't seem nearly as quippy or lighthearted as I have become accustomed to expecting from SEI's. Also aren't both of these types particularly adept at regulating the distance they maintain in their relationships? More specifically don't both of these types have a tendency to keep people at arms length? If that is the case wouldn't that keep them from actively pursuing a more personal form of relationship? I only ask because he has exhibited behavior that contradicts this, more specifically he has actively attempted to decrease the distance between us and, this could be inaccurate however, I think he was attempting to gain control of the relationship.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hahaha well first off my name is not anywhere neither is my birth year. Adam Grylls is a conglomeration of Bear Grylls and Grizzly Adams. I like to recreate in the form of backpacking. I completely understand the privacy sentiment, this is my first time ever actively participating in a forum so I must ask, how do I contact an admin.

I assume the guy would know his own conversation with you if he saw it though. :/

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/sendmessage.php

or

@bg @Kim @mu4 @FDG@Reficulris @Director Abbie @woofwoofl

I always have trouble getting bg's name to mention.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

did she sign a non-disclosure agreement?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is interesting that you two type them as these two types. He didn't seem nearly as quippy or lighthearted as I have become accustomed to expecting from SEI's. Also aren't both of these types particularly adept at regulating the distance they maintain in their relationships? More specifically don't both of these types have a tendency to keep people at arms length? If that is the case wouldn't that keep them from actively pursuing a more personal form of relationship? I only ask because he has exhibited behavior that contradicts this, more specifically he has actively attempted to decrease the distance between us and, this could be inaccurate however, I think he was attempting to gain control of the relationship.

on-topic : dude is not an Aggressor type. Si/Ne ... he appears too social and extroverted for SEI-Si, but judicious irrational he does look.

and btw stop letting Te - polr help you in your typing purposes here. If the dude's videos or pics are already 'public property' (e.g. on youtube), I don't see any problem.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmmmmm.....

Well, I don't know what to say to absolutely convince you of the judgement hm. I'll start by saying that there's a lot of different kinds of distance regulation from what I've read and thought about.

Somewhat simplistic introvert-extrovert distance observations aside, there are different kinds of distance regulation dependent on various type functions and distance regulation dependent on quadra values and so on and so on. To put it another way, given conflicting judgments and a fair source of information about the guy, it'll probably be helpful to put aside coarse introvert and extrovert temperament observations and think about more subtle type function and quadra value clashes here. In your story, I'm thinking a big one might be the clash btw Fe-Fi and democratic-aristocratic styles (in terms of distance regulation). The way you're protecting the space for you and your gf with a blunt, nip it in the bud way seems Fi to me. (Good on you for that btw, I happen to agree with that call haha ). And then on top of that, you seem aristocratic in managing the space in how you take a step back and really think about what's going on with the social structure of the situation from all angles, figuring out what is what. Whereas, I think democrats might do that for social situations, but in a way that's either more directly engaging (e.g. semi-probing questions w/the person in question, in this case), or more abstract than what you're doing. That reinforces my initial judgment of SEI, given that you are IEE. If you're acting more aristocratic and Fi-valuing compared to him, he seems to be SEI, given that you're IEE.

But of course, you can talk about functions and values etc all day long. Kicking the ball back and forth about who's what type. To really get a decision to hang a coat on, I pretty much typed him via video VI and experience with a friend of the type. I think when you are observing a single person as opposed to making general type observations, it's important to remember that anyone of any type can be found in almost any kind of profession/context/situation/general behavior. When making general type observations, it can be convenient to talk about context patterns. But for a single person, it's hard to base judgments on context alone, as there are so many factors. For individual typing, my way out of that is that there are sort of subtle ingrained physical reactions and ways of responding that stay pretty the same regardless of context. To me, those reactions are hard to cover up and change. VI identification can be tricky but I think that's because one might not know the tells out of lack of experience/understanding, not because the tells aren't there. Sooo... story short: the way he acts looks SEI. And then extra info you gave us seemed to reinforce that.

As for the business relationship, even apart from those wow-texts, it could be rocky if he is SEI? Since it'd be semi-duality, that could mean that it would be short periods of good understanding, but also sort of intense, semi-dysfunctional interaction. At the root, you're kind of from different worlds, which makes it hard to work closely in the long-term.

Who knows though, it could be okay if it's a removed caregiver-child relationship between irrationals who can handle it. Who knows, who knows. You're the psychologist-type or whatevs right? Maybe you can figure it out and then got this or whatev
    Last edited by may; 02-02-2015 at 08:10 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    and btw stop letting Te - polr help you in your typing purposes here. If the dude's videos or pics are already 'public property' (e.g. on youtube), I don't see any problem.
    Hey it was just a forewarning. hah The guys private chats are posted and he wants to do business with this guy. I just wondered how the guy would take it if he saw his name linked with all this info about himself and his motivations for doing whatever work he does. I wouldn't like it if it happened to me and I would prefer if someone did it to me they did it discretely in a private section of the forum. It is up to Adam whether or not he wants to risk that. I don't even know why I am in this thread other than that caught my attention right away. I didn't try to type the guy at all.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
    on-topic : dude is not an Aggressor type. Si/Ne ... he appears too social and extroverted for SEI-Si, but judicious irrational he does look.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Hey it was just a forewarning. hah The guys private chats are posted and he wants to do business with this guy. I just wondered how the guy would take it if he saw his name linked with all this info about himself and his motivations for doing whatever work he does. I wouldn't like it if it happened to me and I would prefer if someone did it to me they did it discretely in a private section of the forum. It is up to Adam whether or not he wants to risk that. I don't even know why I am in this thread other than that caught my attention right away. I didn't try to type the guy at all.
    yeah.. I think it's normal-ish to want to talk out people stuff in different types of places. But at the same time I do agree with Aylen that it kind of falls into the gray area here.. Especially the post with the texts Adam? It seems like he overstepped his bounds but still: sharing it here feels like sketch territory, when you're sharing his info and pretty personal details in the texts.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI final
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with @Aylen when it comes to protecting privacy. Particularly I think your texts show the kind of openness that later on you wish you did not have sitting around on the internet. Not everyone is charitable-minded.. (Also dear gf might not want talk of her workout). Besides moving the thread to the more private subforum, like "Anything Goes" which you have to log on to see (I don't know how to move a thread. I would just ask a mod), you can always edit your posts, once you have the answers you wanted - then they aren't just out there all the time. For example, I see people do this with pictures they post of themselves. They will have them up for a time and then remove them. But not everyone does, for sure, and @Maritsa thinks there is no concern. I am just more careful Also I think its because I have been so open about some things (for one example: complaints about my ex) and I don't want all that stuff to be traceable - to me, or to the people I was blabbing about, because their privacy needs respect, too. I also think that often those who came on with pictures and personal info probably from the start took more care about what they shared.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I've stopped typing by definition. Definition will always seem to be incorrect. Rather, instead I believe we have someone who is like George Lucas here. At least, in a relative way. Same hairstyle, same person idea.

In what way do they relate? I don't know.

Probably the akin of a one letter difference, if any.

Default Help me type this guy

Seems like he may be a good candidate for a business partnership.

He is definitely one of nine types witch one I don't know that is such a difficult question to answer.

Cheers
    Last edited by TheSpaceBetween; 02-13-2015 at 10:42 AM.

TIM
    INTp-Te 5w4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess either IEE or SEE. As an aside, from what you've presented he seems to give the impression of someone who hides a lot of his true personality beneath a veneer of affability and institutional credibility. Also seems to have problems with impulse control. I'd maybe reconsider the idea entrusting him with any significant amount of money, but hey that's just me. Also I agree with the other posters that you should respect his privacy and probably get rid of any pictures/links that could show up in a google name search. You don't want some sort of defamation suit on your hands.
    Last edited by shadowbox; 02-10-2015 at 07:23 AM.

''He regularly visits edm dance bars, like every weekend, where he tries to pick up straight guys, fairly successfully from what he described'' <333333333333

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm you dont think he could deduce who adamgrylls92 is? someone who he's about to get into a business arrangement with?
    it's too easy to figure that kind of stuff out...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceBetween View Post
    Hi Adam, I think this individual is a ESTP 8w7 Sx/sp and he sense think about what he cognitively processes at an instinctive instinctive level.

His blind spot is point nine but also great drive will be generated when this individual is clear in purpose and objective agenda.

He seems to be a good man. Begin with the end in mind so as you both are clear in relation to the path and the journey you both will in bark upon.

If your agenda is to utilise this person in an unreal manner then he will most likely out smart you in the long term and generate the thing with that is most painful at a psychological level of tolerance.

This person will most likely work with you in good faith but will require you to honour and not violate the trust and integrity of your formal arrangements.

Good luck with the decision you are to make and remember to repay in kind for this free insight by making a purchase of a product from the enneagram institute web sight or a MBTI wed sight that sells books or conference Mp3's so as more good information maybe manifested and help people like me you and your posable new business partner,. advance into the future.

cheers
    i kind of figured this post was a business ploy... it sounded like a psychic reading... That kind of undue confidence....

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceBetween View Post
    Good luck with the decision you are to make and remember to repay in kind for this free insight by making a purchase of a product from the enneagram institute web sight or a MBTI wed sight that sells books or conference Mp3's so as more good information maybe manifested and help people like me you and your posable new business partner,. advance into the future.
    cheers
    OR, he could repay it by purchasing my, "how to unlink yourself from, public, TMI in business relationships" booklet. Now available on Kindle.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    umm you dont think he could deduce who adamgrylls92 is? someone who he's about to get into a business arrangement with?
    it's too easy to figure that kind of stuff out...
    I missed the part where his first and last name's in his user name. I'm a dork
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed the part where his first and last name's in his user name. I'm a dork
    Maritsa...sweetie...it's so easy to figure out even if the username is a pseudonym..

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Maritsa...sweetie...it's so easy to figure out even if the username is a pseudonym..
    This is true, especially now. I have owned a couple of businesses, one was a website design/hosting company, a few back years ago and we had some big local clients. I tried to make sure that the stuff I posted was not linked back to my business since we had a reputation to uphold. It took me forever to feel comfortable to post a pic of myself online publically. I am no longer in business but I still try to protect people in my family by not posting their names or pics publically. If they wanted me to I might but even that is iffy territory to me and I would ask first if they didn't know what it was for. I would rather they posted it if they wanted to.

YWIMW