Thread: If you were coming to my house

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you were coming to my house...

If you were going to be a guest at my home, here's what I would do to prepare for your arrival...

I would vacuum all floors. I may or may not scrub the kitchen and bathroom; depends on whether or not it looks like it needs it.

I would clean the sink and toilet in the bathroom. And put out clean hand towels. All guests deserve to use a clean bathroom.

If I have not dusted in the last month, I will dust all visible surfaces.

I will wash all dirty dishes, prior to cooking (if I am serving dinner). I may or may not get around to washing any utensils used in the food prep.

I will clean kitchen counters and the dining table.

All toys will be put away-- or possibly just tossed-- into the boys' room.

If there is cold or rainy weather, I will make sure there is a place to hang your coat on the coatrack, and a place to put your boots by the front door.

My bed will be temporarily piled with stuff to get it out of the way-- clean laundry, bags and backpacks, extra blankets, unsorted mail and magazines...

Oh, and I will probably have various lighted candles around the apartment.

Things I will not bother with:

I will not wash the windows.

I will not clean the blinds.

I will not shampoo the floors or furniture, nor will I spot-clean. My carpets are stained and I don't care-- that's just what happens when you have two little boys and carpet under the dining table.

I probably will not vacuum the couch, though if it has recently been peed or spit-up on, I will be sure to lay out a clean blanket over where you will be sitting.

I will not bother to put away the clean (cloth) diapers which reside in the living room.

I will not dust the houseplant.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 01-18-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I were coming to your house...

I would enjoy using your restroom.

I would not sit on your couch.

I would be impressed by your coatrack.

I would wonder why you lit candles and consider the possibility of a link between the candles and the dirty windows.

I would bring a snackable dessert item so I wouldn't have tu dirty your dishes making us one.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I would not sit on your couch.
    I know, it's nasty. Actually, I've got blankets covering it pretty much all the time right now...really need to have it shampooed...

I would be impressed by your coatrack.
    No. Your wouldn't. lol

I would wonder why you lit candles and consider the possibility of a link between the candles and the dirty windows.
    I light scented candles to mask the odor of the dirty diapers and laundry...and the couch, too, I suppose

I would bring a snackable dessert item so I wouldn't have tu dirty your dishes making us one.
    Why, thank you, that's very thoughtful.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    No. Your wouldn't. lol
    I would. I've never used a real coatrack before.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I would. I've never used a real coatrack before.
    Oh. You poor deprived soul...You live where it's warm year-'round?
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh. You poor deprived soul...You live where it's warm year-'round?
    No. It was freezing last month. I hang the sweaters I'm not using in my closet and throw the others over a chair.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MegaDoomer, my son loves that song now
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so who are you inviting?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger
    If you were going to be a guest at my home, here's what I would do to prepare for your arrival...
    If you were coming to my house...

I'd ask you to clean it.

On-Topic: I'm agog you'd do so much for a visitor; but, hey, maybe it's a Mom thing. (Mine's much the same.)

Do you have a feel, maybe, for why you'd put in all that effort/thought/consideration/etc. for a guest?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh jeez that's so much trouble to go through. Better to leave the crap about and let them navigate it if they will - tell them to get protective lenses if it hurts their eyes so much. But I guess if you're doing the whole hospitality thing it makes sense..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy-male

Default If you were coming to my house...

I would make sure you find the destination, giving directions, or pick you up, or make arrangements for your arrival.

upon arrival I would offer you a drink, refreshment, or something similar..... a cigarette, a cup of coffee, a tall glass of water, a beer, a cup of tea, a joint, or something.

preferably to be enjoyed in a relaxing area while conversing about what to do with our time, usually something adventurous.

after this arrangements would be made for your stuff, your car, your coat, any belonging you have with you... then we would partake on whatever it is we will be doing with our time, or simply just relax and hang out.

.... Mind you this is purely hypothetical, right now I don't have a house lol

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Do you have a feel, maybe, for why you'd put in all that effort/thought/consideration/etc. for a guest?
    Yeah I'm thinking the same. I understand *somehow* why people do this, though, because I know such people and, let's say, they way they look at things or something. So to me the question is more like "why cats hunt birds" .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you were going to be a guest at my home
    I would have a chat with you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were coming to my house id either make coffe/tea or open a bottle of beer/wine/whiskey, depends on your preferences.

What I would definately would not do is anything with my room, unless there would be dead animals laying on the floor and two year old socks standing in the corner.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Creepy-male

If I'm having a guest around who will need somewhere to sleep, throw out anything in my room that needs throwing out, and make sure there are clear paths to places. Also lay down nice clean sheets so they have somewhere really nice to sleep.

Make sure there's enough equipment for feeding.

I'd also shower and wash my hair (something having a ponytail has allowed me to be lazy with, fu fu fu), but if I'm just having a few several couple drunks then I'll probably just stop at a shampoo... or a rinse if it hasn't been too long since my last good hair-washing.

Maybe go out shopping, either beforehand or with the person or people in question (grog or supplies, like fruit juice or impromptu dinner ingredients).

Vacuum anything horrifying off the common area that my flatmates might have left behind.

Clean up any dishes that are needed as they are needed.

Creepy-bg

if you were coming to my house....

I'd hope that you had smokes, because I don't have any

I'll offer you a drink or food if I happen to get thirsty or hungry, otherwise just ask.

I'll make a token effort to gather up my dirty clothes and put them in a clothes hamper, and say something in passing about how i hope that my room doesn't smell.

I'll be expecting that you're bringing some drugs.

If you sleep here, I won't be able to sleep because i can't sleep when other people are in my space, so you better bring enough of something for me to be high all night.

If your a girl, you can sleep on my bed, otherwise you get the floor (but my carpet is really comfy to sleep on)

you can use my computer if you bring me drugs to keep me entertained while i have nothing to do.

I won't be sympathetic to how dope sick you are.

I'll probably try to get rid of you sometime in the morning, unless I really like having you around.

I'll probably jones you to leave me a bowl of whatever drugs you brought when you leave.

generally I'll be friendly, accomidating (with whatever you ask for), and sympathetic if you need to talk about something.

I'll get annoyed if you're loud, drink too much, or try to make me drink.
    Last edited by bg; 01-19-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I light scented candles to mask the odor of the dirty diapers and laundry...and the couch, too, I suppose
    This would probably make it smell worse.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    If you were coming to my house id either make coffe/tea or open a bottle of beer/wine/whiskey, depends on your preferences.

What I would definately would not do is anything with my room, unless there would be dead animals laying on the floor and two year old socks standing in the corner.
    Lol. same.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Ok, so who are you inviting?
    You, obviously.

Oh jeez that's so much trouble to go through.
    Really? I figured I was only doing the bare minimum...I mean, I have a grandmother who puts my housekeeping to shame. And I have friends who go to a lot more effort than I do.

Better to leave the crap about and let them navigate it if they will - tell them to get protective lenses if it hurts their eyes so much.
    And this is the kind of house that people would not want to visit twice if they didn't already love you...

But I guess if you're doing the whole hospitality thing it makes sense..
    This. Though, there are certain people (mostly family) who have been to my home often enough that I no longer go through quite the same amount of effort for them. So really, it's more of a "first impressions" sort of thing.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be horrified if people came over and my house was a mess. And we have a friendly neighborhood where people stop by all the time! So I have to clean all the time. It sucks. But it's always pretty clean here.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    What I would definately would not do is anything with my room, unless there would be dead animals laying on the floor
    I had a dream like that. Not only dogs were dead, they were hacked to pieces, and I had to clean that up.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would vacuum all floors. I may or may not scrub the kitchen and bathroom; depends on whether or not it looks like it needs it.

I would clean the sink and toilet in the bathroom. And put out clean hand towels. All guests deserve to use a clean bathroom.

If I have not dusted in the last month, I will dust all visible surfaces.

I will wash all dirty dishes, prior to cooking (if I am serving dinner). I may or may not get around to washing any utensils used in the food prep.

I will clean kitchen counters and the dining table.

All toys will be put away-- or possibly just tossed-- into the boys' room.

If there is cold or rainy weather, I will make sure there is a place to hang your coat on the coatrack, and a place to put your boots by the front door.

My bed will be temporarily piled with stuff to get it out of the way-- clean laundry, bags and backpacks, extra blankets, unsorted mail and magazines...

Oh, and I will probably have various lighted candles around the apartment.
    / valuing extrovert.

Things I will not bother with:

I will not wash the windows.

I will not clean the blinds.

I will not shampoo the floors or furniture, nor will I spot-clean. My carpets are stained and I don't care-- that's just what happens when you have two little boys and carpet under the dining table.

I probably will not vacuum the couch, though if it has recently been peed or spit-up on, I will be sure to lay out a clean blanket over where you will be sitting.

I will not bother to put away the clean (cloth) diapers which reside in the living room.

I will not dust the houseplant.
    ...and not EJ. Your type is right.

And yeah, all this is type-related.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MegaDoomer, my son loves that song now
    It's because the song's about getting candy, right?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer