Thread: Guides for dual pairs: care and exploitation of INFjs

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Guides for dual pairs: care and exploitation of INFjs

Last edited by silke; 11-30-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When we start droning in monotone, it can go on for a long time, which for some TIMs is a serious test of their nervous system. Stopping the process is quite simple – shift our attention to something else. Better option – kiss us.
    Check.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

exploitation is a funny way of putting it. i thought this would be how to scam them out of money or something.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Don't lie. In anything. If Dostoesvky catches you at the slightest lie, even microscopic – this is the end. Such situation won't get fixed, good trust will be gone. Because our feelings directly depend on there being trust. Thus, no trust, no stability, no respect – enamoring feelings won't even arise. And if they do – they will quickly fade ...
    YES

What I do here and everywhere quite often; I used to point this out to a particular forum member all the time who used to say "oh it was only a misunderstanding and it happens all the time." Yeah, right!!! Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Some time after striking up an acquaintance, Dost will be inspecting the person to determine the level of credibility that he or she deserves. After a while, if he decides that he can close the distance, he will make a smaaaall step forward.
    Yes yes yes...sorry for all those who don't get my trust quickly, that's because I am very skeptical and suspicious.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    exploitation is a funny way of putting it. i thought this would be how to scam them out of money or something.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I bet it is, Khodorkovsky wrote that.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, do you have any plans to translate the LSE rules? Those are hilarious.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    There she is. The final boss! I am ready for you!

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alas, I fear EIIs rarely have anything of value.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what guys? I'm thinking more and more that i might actually be INFj after all.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    you know what guys? I'm thinking more and more that i might actually be INFj after all.
    Nope

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Exploitation" in this article was in reference to parts in EII profiles mentioning how they have trouble turning down requests, and spend xyz hours listening and sympathizing with others, and generally have trouble turning people away, and how LSEs may overwork them. It's an interplay of the stereotypes which, at least on Russian forums, those typing into "Dostoyevskies" poke fun at themselves, not meant to be interpreted literally though I can see Jim's point too.

This was probably the most interesting part for me:

Answer: from pathological feeling of shame, which is common to all Dostoevskies, without exception. It's a form of manifestation of shame ... shame of the sort that God forbid others to see the true manifestation of the soul – the tenderness, gentleness, meekness, loving heart ...
    several EIIs I've known would seem to periodically experience something like this i.e. feel very ashamed and self-critical for what to me would seem like a very small blunder

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    i've seen a couple of sets for LSEs ... can you link the "hilarious" one you're talking about? if it's not too long I may translate it

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    There she is. The final boss! I am ready for you!
    *blinks* Eh?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by silke; 11-30-2016 at 05:41 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    ah that's the one about frying the disk in LSEs' computers and forcing them to watch love movies
    cheers, I'll take a look at it but probably next week, too bored of translation atm
    OK.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Nope
    oh ok u dont think so?

I'm not immoral though... (and that wasn't the only reason i said that)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"Exploitation" in this article was in reference to parts in EII profiles mentioning how they have trouble turning down requests, and spend xyz hours listening and sympathizing with others, and generally have trouble turning people away, and how LSEs may overwork them. It's an interplay of the stereotypes which, at least on Russian forums, those typing into "Dostoyevskies" poke fun at themselves, not meant to be interpreted literally though I can see Jim's point too.
    LSE conserve my energy and protect me against people who seek my attention. They size up the chatty attention seeking ones and tell me beforehand, "that person is experiencing these things (having viewed what's going on in an external behavioral sense) you should stay clear of them." At least the good ones do. Oh lord, if I had a list of friends who seek hours of my attention, it would be LONG. And, LSE see what's most important to be done, so if I sometimes get bored and want to clean, they'll say "everything's fine, don't clean."

Duality works so well when people love each other and know this about each other.

I don't make a good match with SLI because they're too self involved to care enough about what others are doing in the external sense and therefore care enough about protecting me, internally; externally, they are wonderful at protecting their family, this I can appreciate them for very much; internally SLI are pleasureful.

Makes me so sad to think of these situations of duality that I love so much.
    -

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    oh ok u dont think so?

I'm not immoral though... (and that wasn't the only reason i said that)
    Nope, I don't. You have the standard IEE ways of engagement and discussion, which are an enjoyable waste of time and not the EII bad waste of time, which I consider akin to an international phone call when the line keeps crackling and the other person can't hear you.

Correction: Actually, that's not a full answer, there are a few older EIIs who are good company. 35 years plus with a bit of common sense seems to be the prerequisite however.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 03-22-2013 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Correction

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, I don't. You have the standard IEE ways of engagement and discussion, which are an enjoyable waste of time and not the EII bad waste of time, which I consider akin to an international phone call when the line keeps crackling and the other person can't hear you.

Correction: Actually, that's not a full answer, there are a few older EIIs who are good company. 35 years plus with a bit of common sense seems to be the prerequisite however.
    teehee ok thanks for the feedback...

yeah i'd say i can waste time enjoyably, that's true...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You have the standard IEE ways of engagement and discussion ...
    which would these be?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which would these be?
    Appreciable quantities of random exploratory thinking coupled with the occasional moral quandary. Such fun.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    ah that's the one about frying the disk in LSEs' computers and forcing them to watch love movies
    cheers, I'll take a look at it but probably next week, too bored of translation atm

Pretty pleez?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing I very rarely lie. When I do it's to stay out of trouble with authorities, not to stay out of trouble interpersonally. I may fail to volunteer information (do that a fair amount, actually), but I almost never lie.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@silke, excellent post.

Praises should be given very carefully, preferably only to the point and on suggestive [function] – for diligence, a well selected combination (if you are sure that the choice was made without external input), for successful practical realization of any ideas.
    I find that most people, including EIIs, enjoy being appreciated for their ego functions. They do find direct compliments a bit awkward though. Sometimes just flatly telling them that they've been a big help or whatever is better.

Dissatisfied expression on your face caused by problems at work, headache, or loss of your favorite sports team in 95% of cases will be taken on our own account and we will feel like we are at fault (if other causes are unknown). LSEs, don't be such conspirators!!
    This has not been my experience, at least with my husband (who I'm pretty sure is EII). I have to be yelling, saying mean things, or throwing things (not that this has happened more than a few of times) before he realizes that I'm upset. :-/

When we start lecturing and droning in monotone, it can go on for a long time. For some TIMs this is a serious test of their nerves. Stopping the process is quite simple: shift our attention to something else. Better option – kiss us.
    I've not experienced this, either.

Other than those couple of things it seems to line up pretty well with my experience.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because exploitation always has to involve money?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Good thing I very rarely lie. When I do it's to stay out of trouble with authorities, not to stay out of trouble interpersonally. I may fail to volunteer information (do that a fair amount, actually), but I almost never lie.
    Yeah, ExTx like to say this about themselves.