• 4w5

1 20.00%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

3 60.00%
  • N/A

1 20.00%

Thread: Park's Enneagram Type (reloaded)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Park's Enneagram Type (reloaded)

O hi, hey, wow, okay. Can I vote?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I remember that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Classical enneagram test
    You are most likely a type 1.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w9.

Type 1 - 10.3
    Type 5 - 8
    Type 4 - 7.3
    Type 6 - 5
    Type 9 - 4.7
    Type 2 - 3.7

Wing 1w9 - 12.7
    Wing 1w2 - 12.2
    Wing 5w4 - 11.7
    Wing 4w5 - 11.3
    Wing 5w6 - 10.5
    Wing 9w1 - 9.9
    Wing 6w5 - 9
    Wing 2w1 - 8.9
    Wing 4w3 - 8.5
    Wing 9w8 - 6.9
    Wing 6w7 - 6.4
    Wing 2w3 - 4.9
    Quote Originally Posted by Enneagram Test with Instinctual Variant
    You are most likely a type 5 (the Investigator) with 4 wing

Sexual variant

Type 5 SX ||||||||||
    Type 4 SP |||||||||
    Type 1 SX ||||||||
    Type 6 SP ||||||
    Type 8 SX ||||||
    Type 3 SX ||||
    Type 9 SP |||
    Type 7 SO ||
    Type 2 SP |
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too much angst to type properly. I had always figured 9w8 though, and Sx primary could make sense. Sx/Sp or smth?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9w8 sp-sx (or sx-sp)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting score.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Park's Enneagram Type (reloaded)

My apologies, I meant to make this a public poll. Please do me the favor and vote again. I will move the comments from the other thread in here. Thanks all and I am sorry about the confusion @Park!

I would really be VERY interested in what people have to say, so you would really be doing me a favor if you gave your opinion, dearest peeps.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@FDG and @Galen, what would be your main reasons for 9?

And please vote again. Thanks!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    O hi, hey, wow, okay. Can I vote?
    You may sweets.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My apologies, I meant to make this a public poll. Please do me the favor and vote again. I will move the comments from the other thread in here. Thanks all and I am sorry about the confusion @Park!
    What difference does it make if the poll is open or not?

@FDG and @Galen, what would be your main reasons for 9?
    Idle hunch, mostly. He's really never said much explicitly about how his mind operates, so it's tough to gauge.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

4w5 being his self-type as of now and scoring E1. Werd. From what I have gathered unhealthy E1 can mistype themselves E4, just going off magical enneagram. I'm not 100% sure, I don't know Park, but taking more, diverse, ennegram tests can come in handy. Just to eliminate that human error.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted. And that's final.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    4w5 being his self-type as of now and scoring E1. Werd. From what I have gathered unhealthy E1 can mistype themselves E4, just going off magical enneagram. I'm not 100% sure, I don't know Park, but taking more, diverse, ennegram tests can come in handy. Just to eliminate that human error.
    The problem with these tests is that a lot of the questions are very generic, and depending on what kind of psychological (mental/emotional/etc.) phase in my life I'm going through, I would feel and act differently about certain things.

The problem with enneagram types is that there's a lot of info in almost every description of every type that I can find that I don't identify with at all. There's only certain aspects of certain types that I can agree with and embrace without objection, but there's always plenty of things I don't associate with and/or find completely inapplicable.

The enneagram tries to cover a lot of different personalities that exist in reality in just 9 stereotype caricatures that paint a very vague and incomplete picture of people and the way they interact.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as instinctual variants go, sp/sx fits me the best.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've briefly considered types 1 & 4 for Park, but eventually settled on type 6 sp/sx, since Park has underscored several times across various discussions how loyalty, reliability, and trust in his relations with others are of much significance to him (one of these threads).

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As far as instinctual variants go, sp/sx fits me the best.
    I agree.

Oh what the hell. I will just select the parts from 1 and 4 that work best with 7. In the end all I really care about is how well I get along with you, eh?

(although @Gilly might have a thing or two to say)

No, I still want to know what people think. @siuntal, for some reason I think of 1s as very loyal, too.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I've briefly considered types 1 & 4 for Park, but eventually settled on type 6 sp/sx, since Park has underscored several times across various discussions how loyalty, reliability, and trust in his relations with others are of much significance to him (one of these threads).
    You're one of the best observers on this forum, siuntal, and I appreciate your input, but I still think the enneagram is bullshit, and you're basing your opinion on information covering a limited aspect of my personality.

Good thing you "settled", though, because I've been talking to people one on one extensively and they still can't do it. Coming to a conclusion about someone's personality must be way easier when you don't really know them.
    Last edited by Park; 09-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh what the hell. I will just select the parts from 1 and 4 that work best with 7. In the end all I really care about is how well I get along with you, eh?
    I am starting to really like you now.

(although @Gilly might have a thing or two to say)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You're one of the best observers on this forum, siuntal, and I appreciate your input, but I still think the enneagram is bullshit ...
    oh ok, how would you like a 7w8 typing then? voted as the sexiest combination on the enneagram forums

... and you're basing your opinion on information covering a limited aspect of my personality.

Good thing you "settled", though, because I've been talking to people one on one extensively and they still can't do it. Coming to a conclusion about someone's personality must be way easier when you don't really know them.
    You're right, Park, that I'm basing my conclusion on only a finite aspect of your personality, but that is the extent of the enneagram. Enneagram is a very simplistic typing scheme in which there is no need to know someone extensively to be able to type them. E-type doesn't encompass the entirety of who you are - you'll always be much more than some enneagram number.

No, I still want to know what people think. @siuntal, for some reason I think of 1s as very loyal, too.
    I've thought about it before and it didn't quite fit, but if there is such a thing as a tritype then something like 14[6] may work for Park.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...and-Archetypes
    [614] - The Philosopher. Discerning and intuitive 6. This is the most particular 6. This 6 is very creative especially with the 7 wing. They can be torn between the need for meaning and need to be dutiful and responsible. This 6 is often drawn to teaching. ... 641, and he's a perennial hothead who does a fair bit of ranting. Compliance (1-6) meets frustration (1-4) meets intensity (4-6).

[146] philosophy is centered around the belief that people should be honest, hard-working, tasteful and well…strive for perfection.

146: The Philosopher Archetype: They are diligent, intuitive, and inquisitive. You want to be ethical, original and certain. Morally focused, you have strong emotions and are inclined to voice your feelings and intuitions. You care deeply and want to help others improve their lives and the expectations they have of themselves.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The problem with these tests is that a lot of the questions are very generic, and depending on what kind of psychological (mental/emotional/etc.) phase in my life I'm going through, I would feel and act differently about certain things.

The enneagram tries to cover a lot of different personalities that exist in reality in just 9 stereotype caricatures that paint a very vague and incomplete picture of people and the way they interact.
    Actually it is a mandala:

And it is based upon the belief in the alleged mystical properties when it comes to numbers three and seven and those E-types are defined the way they are defined, that is, it depends whom you talk to, for some believe and group them via fundamental weaknesses/sin. Some follow classical biorhythm theory, that is: mental, emotional and physical types. Some others go with instinctual drives: the Self-Preserving, Social and Sexual drives...

To top it, some guy claimed to get his enneagram wisdom when under the influence of the prince of archangels, but I think he denied it after...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen honey, how do you feel about me being your Enneagram identical?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Galen honey, how do you feel about me being your Enneagram identical?
    As nonplussed as I've ever been about anything regarding you.

E6 does sound plausible though. There's more of a dry snark to you than I get out of 9s, even the Fe PoLR ones. Lot more vocally distrusting and skeptical of others as well.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    As nonplussed as I've ever been about anything regarding you.
    Speak your heart, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    There's more of a dry snark to you than I get out of 9s, even the Fe PoLR ones. Lot more vocally distrusting and skeptical of others as well.
    I am liking this.