Thread: ESTj/LSE and their introverted sensing Si

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ESTj/LSE and their introverted sensing Si

So my husband is LSE and so is his mommy. I have noticed that LSE are really bad at maintaining their own dietary requirements and that they present their special needs to their significant other and expect their significant other to run with these special dietary needs. For example, my mother in law stayed with me for several weeks after I had our baby and she brought all her "special" foods that she ate to maintain her "healthy" diet which were gluten free breads and proteins etc. So she did sneak in those chocolate cookies that were not gluten free etc but every time we went to the store together she would mention what her requirements/restrictions for her diet were expecting me to "help out with this stuff." I help alright. Oh and when she eats regular pizza she will say "I caved in and had a pizza the other night." But as soon as that's over she'll go right back to wanting to follow a strict diet. I would mention "oh look this option is gluten free" and I would put it in my cart to buy. She paid for everything. But again, the same thing with my husband now. He will point out his dietary guidelines and expect me to help him stick to it by promoting it whilst he will sneak in all those bad or foods that are off the list when I'm not around. Flexibility required? Not strong will power? Falling off the diet bandwagon? lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao so is his mommy.

I don't think that's type related. Just her having poor discipline.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    If someone can sneak gluten with no ill effects there's absolutely no reason for them to follow a gluten-free diet. Just saying.
    I agree with you but LSE go by their own sense of what they feel that their body is telling them. It isn't necessarily real or rational when it comes to personal health
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like they just want to include you in their lives in a meaningful way. Its not the map, its the territory.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an LSE relative who insisted that eating tons of soy was good for their health.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is no need to follow a plan on 100% to get acceptable overal result. Only in case the result is bad there can be said about a problem.
    There are no problems with will, but with a motivation. Si types relate to a meal as to significant pleasure. So they follow to diets in strict regime only when see a serious need for this. They may say you about ideal aims, but prefer to live by practical reason.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There is no need to follow a plan on 100% to get acceptable overal result. Only in case the result is bad there can be said about a problem.
    There are no problems with will, but with a motivation. Si types relate to a meal as to significant pleasure. So they follow to diets in strict regime only when see a serious need for this. They may say you about ideal aims, but prefer to live by practical reason.
    That makes sense. So they set an ideal but are flexible
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    So I’m motivating when I’m shopping for all the right foods?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    So I’m motivating when I’m shopping for all the right foods?
    "every time we went to the store together she would mention what her requirements/restrictions for her diet were expecting me to "help out with this stuff"

she could to want your help as the food in new store was not well known to her

"He will point out his dietary guidelines and expect me to help him stick to it by promoting it whilst he will sneak in all those bad or foods that are off the list"

while he may want to reduce temptations by wrong food by excluding this from your side, at least

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screw the Si. Sorry lol.

Here is what I want to know about. It's been said places that the ethical type has to initiate bonds and relationship status and the like with their dual. @Beautiful sky, you being the only person I know that has success with this dual on this site, did you begin the process of "bonding" or were you the first to bring up relationship status with your dual? Did you lead the way in closing the gap between you two and developing bonds? Pretty much what I'm asking is were you the first to bring up feelings and the first to notice there chemistry, and the first to push for a relationship?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    It's been said places that the ethical type has to initiate bonds and relationship status and the like with their dual.
    F types have better abbility to control emotions in relations. The initiative for relations, including with romantic interest, more often goes from E and S types. At least in open forms.
    The example of initiative from EII can be - they may smile you kindly and softly, so LSE sees a sympathy, gets an interest and comes to them to talk. F type here did an emotional influence, but open actions were done by T type.

> Did you lead the way in closing the gap between you two and developing bonds?

in case the other has T type, generally F type does the main part to make the relations and feelings between them like he wants
    this mb done openly or indirectly (N, I)

> Pretty much what I'm asking is were you the first to bring up feelings and the first to notice there chemistry, and the first to push for a relationship?

T type may to get the feelings 1st. But how the relations develop in emotional part - F type has more influence. T type may organise relations from objective side - to decide where and when to meet, for example. to inspire emotions in a woman is possibly, certainly - but this is harder for T types. anyway, the initiative where the appearing relations to rule will be taken by F type in such pair, most probably. it needs to be rather stubborn for T type to resist F type's intentions in his strong region, in case they'll not match in this

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Screw the Si. Sorry lol.

Here is what I want to know about. It's been said places that the ethical type has to initiate bonds and relationship status and the like with their dual. @Beautiful sky, you being the only person I know that has success with this dual on this site, did you begin the process of "bonding" or were you the first to bring up relationship status with your dual? Did you lead the way in closing the gap between you two and developing bonds? Pretty much what I'm asking is were you the first to bring up feelings and the first to notice there chemistry, and the first to push for a relationship?
    The only thing that I did was find my husband and tell him that I thought he and I would make a great match. He did all the status of relationship initiating himself because 1. EII are shy and don't. and 2. I had dated LSE before but they were not emotionally available for a relationship so I wasn't sure if that's what he wanted. Sure enough he wanted a wife and kids so he asked me to marry him. It's all about what the LSE want. He was the first to say he loved me . he's the extrovert who can speak freely about his feelings, wants and sexual needs. i'm quiet and shy
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-19-2019 at 02:06 AM.
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The only thing that I did was find my husband and tell him that I thought he and I would make a great match. He did all the status of relationship initiating himself because 1. EII are shy and don't. and 2. I had dated LSE before but they were not emotionally unavailable for a relationship so I wasn't sure if that's what he wanted. Sure enough he wanted a wife and kids so he asked me to marry him. It's all about what the LSE want. He was the first to say he loved me . he's the extrovert who can speak freely about his feelings, wants and sexual needs. i'm quiet and shy
    Did you tell him why you thought you would make a great match?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Did you tell him why you thought you would make a great match?
    Of course.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Screw the Si. Sorry lol.

extroverts are great at initiating relationship status because they are verbal and can say "I want a relationship with you." An introvert like me usually waits and wants to read the person's feelings. This is why Fi creatives like SEE and IEE are so much better with showing verbal signs of friendship and bonds than introverts who are not great at speaking. And, my husband does the pursuing and emotionally approaching me with kisses and hugs or showing interest in me regularly. Left up to me I am pretty passive person
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-19-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that I did was find my husband and tell him that I thought he and I would make a great match. He did all the status of relationship initiating himself because 1. EII are shy and don't. and 2. I had dated LSE before but they were not emotionally available for a relationship so I wasn't sure if that's what he wanted. Sure enough he wanted a wife and kids so he asked me to marry him. It's all about what the LSE want. He was the first to say he loved me . he's the extrovert who can speak freely about his feelings, wants and sexual needs. i'm quiet and shy
    Ahhhhh!

I get it, it makes sense, you make it sound so easy, so much so that almost makes any effort seems futile.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For a majority, food is more than just sustenance, it provides comfort and or a sense of security - like a drug. Most LSE have focus and willpower but not necessarily toward diet; if an LSE falls of the wagon so to speak, it means that it's not as important to them even though they may realize intellectually that it really is important. I've known many LSE who overindulge and jeopardize their own health but isn't that an ill of modern western society in general. I knew an IEI who was so obsessed with fitness and looking good that she can no longer have the children she desires because of a focused diet that was good for muscle tone but destructive to the reproductive system. So where is the greater evil.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does LSE recognize when they are about to get sick or do they only recognize it when they are already sick? And do LSE recognize physical pain quickly or does it take them a moment?

Also does LSE find tasks like brushing teeth and hygenic maintenance as tedious and taking too long?

Would Te subtype feel this way?
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 02-27-2019 at 06:22 AM.