Thread: Delta Relationships

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta Relationships

What qualities do you look for in a person?

I'm more interested in unique/seldom heard answers as opposed to the standard confidence, honesty, trust, etc.

For instance, I look for growth + learning, as well as emotional capabilities and experiences(what kind of experiences can we have? etc)
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look for someone who's sassy but not a bitch.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I look for someone who's sassy but not a bitch.
    They should put you on one of those eHarmony commercials, LV.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look is the wrong word. I don't plan my relations, I let them happen naturally. I can however tell you what people I end up having relations with.

Somebody from whom I have benefit. Example, I was living with a friend as his roommate for the last two years because it was cheaper and more secure to stay with him. Normally I wouldn't have anything to do with him, as I don't like him.

Somebody who sticks around. Normally I don't care who is around me, if a person wishes to spend time with me, generally I don't mind, as long as they don't place demands on me, or interfere, stifle me in some way.

I'd say that is pretty much it for me. In general I don't look at people's qualities, personality, character, people are generally people to me, regardless of whether they tend to be related to me, have status, power over me and so on. I treat them the same which is I only look at, notice how they reflect on myself, their consequences on myself, my life, and so on, and orientate myself towards them based on that.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    They should put you on one of those eHarmony commercials, LV.
    lol!

I agree with nearly everything you said songofsappho, I don't think i could have worded it that well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ideal partner would have the following traits:
    -Can beat me in an argument
    -But is not conflictive and constantly starting fights
    -Doesn't fish for compliments
    -Doesn't freak out about her hair, or her skin, or whatever else every chick I've dated has freaked out about.
    -Loves the outdoors and just doesn't pretend to, and then demands we get a hotel instead.
    -Can be content with not having to be entertained all the time

Okay, I'm gonna stop. I tried to start off with things I would like, but quickly went to listing things that piss me off.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't look for anything specific. I either like you for some reason or I don't.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I don't look for anything specific. I either like you for some reason or I don't.
    I'm a bit the same way. I can't list qualities because one person could have that quality but at the same time, something wouldn't click between us. It's just a feeling I get with people..it doesn't have to do with them fitting into a certain list of qualities.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-cre isn't about understanding people!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone who makes me feel comfortable with letting my guard down. This would be someone who's not quick to judge. I get a feeling of this right off. Most of my friends has this quality.

I tend to want to get to know people who seem real. Someone who seem to be themselves in all situations. I admire this in others

someone who's fun to be with and different somehow

this is arguably quite vague. But to be honest most people eventually fall into my friend category. Of all of the above only the first is really paramount. I have a good ENFj friend who can be such a chamelion, it still surprises me after 10 years of friendship.
    And fun can be anything really
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone who can - and who bothers to - keep up with me physically, mentally, and humorously.
    Someone who comes up with great ideas that I can spontaneously act upon.
    Someone who shows patience with my broad but shallow store of random information and my tendency to either random spout it or keep silent for long periods.
    Someone who doesn't let themselves stagnate - lifelong learner & concerned with at least a minimum standard of physical upkeep.
    Emotionally self-sufficient so that we can have separate spheres in interests, friends and even travels without devolving into envy/jealousy/insecurity.
    Understands personal finances adequately to not make their money problems impede our interactions.
    ... I'm gonna stop before my description goes the way of force my hand's ... although I agreed with his pet peeves, too ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    Someone who can - and who bothers to - keep up with me physically, mentally, and humorously.
    Someone who comes up with great ideas that I can spontaneously act upon.
    Someone who shows patience with my broad but shallow store of random information and my tendency to either random spout it or keep silent for long periods.
    Someone who doesn't let themselves stagnate - lifelong learner & concerned with at least a minimum standard of physical upkeep.
    Emotionally self-sufficient so that we can have separate spheres in interests, friends and even travels without devolving into envy/jealousy/insecurity.
    Understands personal finances adequately to not make their money problems impede our interactions.
    ... I'm gonna stop before my description goes the way of force my hand's ... although I agreed with his pet peeves, too ...
    You're not alone on any of this!

But I honestly don't have a list, for the most part.. I just have this nebulous fuzzy logic type of switch that just "knows"
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire