View Poll Results: What type do you think dolphin is?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFp

11 47.83%
  • ISFp

8 34.78%
  • Other (please specify)

2 8.70%
  • Who?

2 8.70%

Thread: Torn between INFp/ISFp

Creepy-female

Question .

Last edited by female; 07-10-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no reason to doubt the INFp typing.

Funny video <3
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are fairly clearly an IEI, but you have a little SEI warmth to you which is quite charming :wink:
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your writing style seems very Ni/Se over Si/Ne. I'd go with INFp.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

jesus christ... your thread is making me rethink my type again. or maybe i'm just the nasty kind of IEI.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple: do you think you are better in Si and Se or Ni and Ne?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to quote a post of Sabo's from another thread that I think also applies here:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo
    For the record, I've known some very intelligent ISFps who would probably be typed INFP
    (INFP in the MBTI scale).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didn't read your post dophin, since i've read a lot of what you write on the forum already. but i watched the video and FWIW from my point of view you seem more SEI than IEI. you've just got a very open way about you that seems alpha.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ^But I thought you had a revelation about it that you were completely confident about.

As for dolphin, I do think IEI-Fe.
    yeah, but dolphin is so nice and sincere. maybe i'm just going through a phase.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember what Expat said exactly, but it was something like that there is no true representative of the IEI in MBTT. This is why so many IEIs mistype themselves as ILIs (especially the males); they believe they can't be an INTP and an IEI.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a good note it appears that everyone is saying you're in their quadra.... seems like you're a valuable quadra member........... : )
    Suomea

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think you're INFp. You remind me a lot of myself. But I agree with SL that there's an alpha aspect about you. I relate VERY much to alphas myself also. But I've always thought that's because my dad's ISFp. I dunno. INFp, that's what I voted!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness, dolphin, you're hilarious! A few of my closest friends are INFPs, and I think you act very much like one...I think I'm more of an INFJ myself, but I believe the two types share a similar sense of humor - random humor, it's great, isn't it? My INFP friend and I can make silly faces all day, and never cease to be amused at ourselves.
    Anyway, I LOVE your sense of humor!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You quoted my dorkiness yay. You are very cool in my book.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For crying out loud. Ne/Si or Se/Ni? dolphin, this should be easy shit yo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Simple: do you think you are better in Si and Se or Ni and Ne?
    No. It's wrong to assume that people are strong in their dual-seeking function. If someone trying to decide between SEI and IEI thinks "I think I'm pretty good at Se, so I must be IEI" or "I think I'm pretty good at Ne, so I must be SEI," that would actually be somewhat backwards. The 7th function is stronger than the 5th. People can be good at their dual-seeking function, especially certain famous, successful people; but that's not the general rule.

A better test would be whether one feels more positively helped by SLEs or ILEs, although one should note that people often do like to be around their illusionary partner too.

Here's my recommendation: No need to obsess over it; live with the ambiguities. Over time, you'll find what you like and dislike.

In my observations, beta NF women tend to voice a need to be around someone who is "confident," by which they mean Se. SFs are less likely to be concerned about that.

In any case, even though in the theory Si and Ni are really quite opposite, it's possible that for an individual, the distinction is less clear. Over time, one discovers what one likes....Si:keeping things simple, being active doing actual physical things, considering people's physical needs, providing hospitality; Ni:reflecting, having one's mind elsewhere, being unaware of the physical environment, making everything abstract or imaginary.

But there's no need that one can't be a little of both at times.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For crying out loud. Ne/Si or Se/Ni? dolphin, this should be easy shit yo.
    Yeah

I mean, are you a caregiver and secretly are very aware of others pleasure and needs and physical wellness (food, etc)

or are you a victim, and are secretly longing for someone who is strong willed to come along give you some "ooomf"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, you are not both.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Ezra, if this was "easy shit" I wouldn't be posting a thread about my inability to figure out my type, yo? I'm glad you think everything is so black and white, it would be nice to think that way, but I can't just pick my personality traits apart and examine them impersonally like an onion. I have to take into account the way I've been raised, my personal biases, etc.
    I'm glad its just not me then. And yeah, I think hkkmr's advice is good

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it cute how dolphin consistently calls UDP "UPD"

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I find it cute how dolphin consistently calls UDP "UPD"
    Why?

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I just now noticed that. Someone on this forum also consistantly calls heath "health." I forget who, though...
    LOL!

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Why?
    She's just so adorable!

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    No. It's wrong to assume that people are strong in their dual-seeking function. If someone trying to decide between SEI and IEI thinks "I think I'm pretty good at Se, so I must be IEI" or "I think I'm pretty good at Ne, so I must be SEI," that would actually be somewhat backwards.
    That is not my train of thought, Jonathan.

What I'm implying is that an IEI will be good in both Ne and Ni, regardless of the fact that they don't value Ne but value Ni. Likewise, an SEI will be proficient in both Se and Si, but simply devalues Se, and values Si.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Caregiver. Not Victim. There, I decided for her. That's what the feminine spirit needs sometimes. A big manly voice to choose for them. *shrug* Hey no problem, I know what that's like!

Honestly I thought about this for about an hour now ((Yay for no life!)) and that's what I came up with. The video is just too alpha for me. She seems to get along really, really well with more the goofy, affable guy than the strong, protective-y guy. I can just picture her being like uber cute with an INTj or ENTp boyfriend.

She totally kinda ignores some of my more ....beta-ish things in post, and just really picks up on the fun, alpha-side. Compared to Hezry and others who are like 'fuck yeah man' when I start talking about those sorts of things. But she wants to get along with people so well, so she doesn't really tell me when she doesn't really like it *as much.* Not that it repulses her or anything- but yeah. Also her little speech about seeing both sides of the argument, and trying to be light-hearted to both parties. Alpha alpha alpha.

Alpha. There. I use my powers of manliness and that's that!

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Caregiver. Not Victim. There, I decided for her. That's what the feminine spirit needs sometimes. A big manly voice to choose for them. *shrug* Hey no problem, I know what that's like!

Honestly I thought about this for about an hour now ((Yay for no life!)) and that's what I came up with. The video is just too alpha for me. She seems to get along really, really well with more the goofy, affable guy than the strong, protective-y guy. I can just picture her being like uber cute with an INTj or ENTp boyfriend.

She totally kinda ignores some of my more ....beta-ish things in post, and just really picks up on the fun, alpha-side. Compared to Hezry and others who are like 'fuck yeah man' when I start talking about those sorts of things. But she wants to get along with people so well, so she doesn't really tell me when she doesn't really like it *as much.* Not that it repulses her or anything- but yeah. Also her little speech about seeing both sides of the argument, and trying to be light-hearted to both parties. Alpha alpha alpha.

You make a really good case

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah exactly, bulletsanddoves.

She's very light-hearted, likes to get along with everyone, non-divisive, warm, doesn't say things that alienate people, etc. Stuff that's more Alpha IMO.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

word that's what i said a couple of pages ago.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is not my train of thought, Jonathan.

What I'm implying is that an IEI will be good in both Ne and Ni, regardless of the fact that they don't value Ne but value Ni. Likewise, an SEI will be proficient in both Se and Si, but simply devalues Se, and values Si.
    Oh, I misread your post, sorry. I thought it said "Simple: do you think you are better in Ni and Se or Si and Ne?" Are you sure you didn't edit your post at some point?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ISFp imo. I wrote my reasons under the 16t video thread in "General Discussion":

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    I enjoy reading, not fiction, but I don't read everything, only whatever fits into my emotional sphere at the time. If I'm feeling inadequate I'm not about to reach for Anne of Green Gables, she's too perfect. I like to draw portraits, but only when I'm in the mood, it takes intense concentraction and I have to feel motivated. I like having time to think, to follow my scattered thoughts and questions wherever they take me. Internet access is great for this sort of thing.

I like doing random new things like cooking or cleaning, but in my OWN TIME at my OWN PACE when I FEEL like it. If there's anyone pressuring me to do it because I HAVE to, it's over. Like, mom says I should make cookies or something to bring to a potluck, she has this great recipe and here's what I need to do......NO. If you would have handed me the potluck flyer and didn't say anything, maybe I'd decide on my OWN that making something would be fun, and I'd do it, by myself, with no one to criticize me. The minute you say "If you did that it would be wonderful" you're implying that if I don't do it, I won't be wonderful and I'm lazy and everyone will be dissappointed. I hate feeling guilty like this, so maybe I would go along with it if I really really really liked you, or say I would go along with it and then forget.

When I do stuff for people, it's because I want to please them. It's a GIFT. Act really pleased and exuberant and I will probably do it again, in my own time. If you take it for granted, if you don't appreciate it, if you expect me to do it all the time because that's what I'm supposed to do, it's over.

It bothers me that even though I try really hard to understand things, everything is really subjective, really gray. I think I understand an issue but then I realize I need to acknowledge the other side, and it's hard to tell which side I should support, because I can see how they both make sense and have a reason for how they are. It's a hassle.

I'm annoyed when people's feedback is excessively critical. When my efforts at connecting are met with coldness. When I'm silly, trying to make them laugh, and they use my goofiness as an opportunity to expound a moral or reprimand me. When I give them my thoughts on an issue I've pondered for months over, and they're critical and dismissive or make fun of it or forget it 5 minutes after I tell them. When they don't give me clear terms on how they want something done, then criticize my way of doing things.

I like people who respond to my playfulness, who can summarize information in a non-threatening way. I like people who can retain their individuality in a sea of conformers, and yet be friendly and approachable when you talk to them. I like people who can sort out what information is relevant and can form their own opinions and believe in them despite the gray area, but they still have to acknowledge that the gray area is there.
    there are elements of both IEI and SEI here. the only thing that is really obvious is strongly valued Fe/Ti.
    ISFp>INFp imo. What she has described is representative of a Si/Ne type imo. I can identify nearly everything she has written, except that in her video she is more emotionally engaging as compared to me. I am now considering that she might be Fe-ISFp instead.

Her second paragraph seems to suggest that she does not appreciate an Aggressor/Victim interaction.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    She's just so adorable!
    +1

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get that it's frustrating when people say we choose our own happiness- but the fact is they are right. I KNOW it's disempowering because they are on a higher level than you and they're trying to like....give you a quick fix, like they're stating the obvious instead of actually working with you. So they don't really want to help you, they're just annoyed and more busy with their own selfish ass. Not a bad thing per se, but...just understand the process. They are indeed right, but they are going by it in a prick-ish way. Don't hate them- understand they are right, they are just being a kind of tactless asshole. Confident people have that tendency unfortunately, but remember they are not used to this happiness themselves (otherwise they'd REALLY want to help you, not condescend) - they have not yet had time to mature into the wise old man. They are more like the cool hip annoying young person that just learned their first spell.

I realize I act very prick-ish or seem very prick-ish when I am in a high energy state. My high energy, high loving state. My I OWN THAT SHIT, GIRLFRIEND! state. But er well...we just want you to join us. =) Once we're more somber and off our kick a bit, we'll try to help you in a less bitchy life coach-ish faux-Oprah way.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another thing about the whole 'choose to be happy thing' because this bothers me too. They are giving you the end of the lesson w/o reading you the prologue. So you just kinda go 'huh?'

Reminds me of my favorite song lyrics:

"I hear words in clips and phrases...so sane and logical. I want to tear it off the wall."

They forgot to tell you the step before that, they had a BIG LOAD SHIT-ASS TRUCK-FEST of people helping them get in that state, where they had the audacity to condescend. That they should be thankful and more empowering to you- NOT AN ASSHOLE. But again, when you're on the other side- it can be hard.