Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duals feel unreachable?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    People can be unreachable on so many levels and for so many reasons that type won't often show up on the radar. Type shouldn't be used as a measure of potential relationship success but rather as an indicator of perspective and cognitive direction, and perhaps whether or not these attributes will be positive or negative additions to specific scenarios. I can think of situations where dual mixtures would not create positive outcomes. Note that insecurity usually causes someone to be afraid of a relationship simply because of a lack of understanding of the other; it's how wars start.

a.k.a. I/O
    ****** v Stalin. Your duals won't necessarily be your friends. But they can be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    You are free to PM me your thoughts on my type but not in this thread.
    You are free to get my opinion about your type anywhere. As to understand anything in Socionics with wrong opinion about own type is doubtful.

For example. In this thread you have described your impressions from IR which partly do not fit good to the classical theory and your incorrect opinion about own type (besides types of others typed by you) may explain what you see.
    "I find that duals feels a bit scary but most of all unreachable."
    Duals do not give the scary feelings. They inspire the _trust_ and friendship, the most of other types. If you get the opposite - those people probably are not from your quadra.

Until you are geting the significant contradictions to the classical theory - study the types and identify them better, including the own. You are doubtful to be T type, as mostly behave emotionally without production of appropriate thoughts.
    You remind EIE. Much of their firm clowning. While hard getting of other opinions about your type points that it's low probably you have Ne in ego and mb in values.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    ****** v Stalin. Your duals won't necessarily be your friends. But they can be.
    Yes. Good IR give personal sympathy, but good relations need more than this.
    Even duality marriages may break, just have lesser chance on this than in average.

also
    Stalin (LSI) and Trotskiy (EIE)
    Bush-jr (EIE) and Hussein (LSI)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The outside world will probably hate your Duality, especially if you are a Se valuing type. It's more like you two get lost in your own little private playground where normal rules of gravity don't apply. It's wonderful and amazing and sinful and destructive... you know, love is a destructive force, the most destructive force there is. And that's why it's so powerful; it's a big magical bomb that blasts away all you don't like so you can go into a dimension with nothing but what you do like. Then somebody from an opposing quadra comes in with their annoying needle and breaks it all to bits.

Relationships need the support from the outside world to truly thrive, this is way easier for IEE/SLI then it is SLE/IEI but it's still do-able. The thing is, you can't 'reach something' entirely on your own. It just doesn't work that way. You need the support of the world telling you it's okay. Otherwise? It's doomed to fail. It's too romeo and juliet-tragic instead of something that's actually constructive and positive. You need your super-ego stroked just as much as Id and Ego. It needs to be in an harmonic balance or it's not love.

please order my newest upcoming book 'Why Alphas and Deltas rule and why Betas and Gammas drool' on Amazon.com. It will only be $29.95. You can afford it, as it will change your life.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    The outside world will probably hate your Duality, especially if you are a Se valuing type. It's more like you two get lost in your own little private playground where normal rules of gravity don't apply. It's wonderful and amazing and sinful and destructive... you know, love is a destructive force, the most destructive force there is. And that's why it's so powerful; it's a big magical bomb that blasts away all you don't like so you can go into a dimension with nothing but what you do like. Then somebody from an opposing quadra comes in with their annoying needle and breaks it all to bits.

Relationships need the support from the outside world to truly thrive, this is way easier for IEE/SLI then it is SLE/IEI but it's still do-able. The thing is, you can't 'reach something' entirely on your own. It just doesn't work that way. You need the support of the world telling you it's okay. Otherwise? It's doomed to fail. It's too romeo and juliet-tragic instead of something that's actually constructive and positive. You need your super-ego stroked just as much as Id and Ego. It needs to be in an harmonic balance or it's not love.

please order my newest upcoming book 'Why Alphas and Deltas rule and why Betas and Gammas drool' on Amazon.com. It will only be $29.95. You can afford it, as it will change your life.
    I agree with the first paragraph but not the second xD

I think the idea of a balance needed with superego/external environment is just a value statement. It's not really "necessary."
    Last edited by Aramas; 09-28-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you two get lost in your own little private playground where normal rules of gravity don't apply
    on its face this sounds like a childlike fantasy to me, but I can see how from the outside everyone views everyone else in "their own world" to some extent

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah it is childlike fantasy at first glance but the more people pay attention to it the more they go in the opposite direction: they take it super seriously and I think this becomes problematic, as other types might not respect the innocence of it or whatever, or see the 'goodness' in it. Well for SLE/IEI duality.

I believe it to be the perfect blend of grim reality and happy fantasy tho of course I'm biased.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You are free to get my opinion about your type anywhere. As to understand anything in Socionics with wrong opinion about own type is doubtful.

For example. In this thread you have described your impressions from IR which partly do not fit good to the classical theory and your incorrect opinion about own type (besides types of others typed by you) may explain what you see.
    "I find that duals feels a bit scary but most of all unreachable."
    Duals do not give the scary feelings. They inspire the _trust_ and friendship, the most of other types. If you get the opposite - those people probably are not from your quadra.

Until you are geting the significant contradictions to the classical theory - study the types and identify them better, including the own. You are doubtful to be T type, as mostly behave emotionally without production of appropriate thoughts.
    You remind EIE. Much of their firm clowning. While hard getting of other opinions about your type points that it's low probably you have Ne in ego and mb in values.
    Im just not going to bother reading this. But it is probably some bs of how I spell things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12