Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFj Appreciation Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj Appreciation Thread

That's right. This is a brag thread. Talk about all the things you enjoy/admire/like/respect about INFjs here. Anecdotes are welcome, as well as what you admire/enjoy/like/respect about the type in general. Ready? Set. GO!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs tend to idealize the people around them as they can only see (or choose to focus on) the positive qualities of them. I haven't heard of an INFj who is critical of others.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know one INFj, and he's a guy.

From what I recall, I can't really brag on him. My style of friendly fails against his PoLR, and he's really really serious about everything, I try to joke with him, and it just doesn't work, he gets all somber and doesn't understand I'm making a joke.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been really good to a lot of people in my life.

They are adorable.

.... I'll hold back.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They wear their hearts on their sleeve. Lets face it. The world would be pretty fucked up without INFjs. I just feel happy knowing that they are around doing their thing.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFJ's tend to be really nice to others.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO / IME, they give the best hugs. They feel like they are melting when you hug them, or like it is just a bit of spirit that you are touching. Almost like a ghost but without any negative connotations. Totally Si HA, receptive....... mmm

Seem very much like they need some sort of protection, and I very much want to give it to them.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love their levelheadedness, and calmness. They always listen to me, even if I'm not making any sense haha

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Ummmm.......................whoa?
    LOLLLL... the smiley really did it for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    IMO / IME, they give the best hugs. They feel like they are melting when you hug them, or like it is just a bit of spirit that you are touching. Almost like a ghost but without any negative connotations. Totally Si HA, receptive....... mmm

Seem very much like they need some sort of protection, and I very much want to give it to them.

I don't like being hugged

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then you won't be hugged.

Besides, I said "IMO / IME, they give the best hugs." I did not say "all INFjs must love hugs".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one that I know in person is amazing.
    She's constantly doing things to improve her environment.
    She's a great listener/advice giver. She's the one that EVERYBODY goes to when they need to talk.
    Very altruistic. Her latest thing is meals on wheels...you know where you deliver food to people that need it.
    She's empathetic and compassionate.
    She cares about people.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When they tell me I made them happy or did something good, I feel really, really good inside.

Note: this of course only applies to the healthy types. But just, people of really fine ethical caliber, when they seem to approve of what I am doing, it's like finally I can relax and not worry about whether or not I was in the right or wrong.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A while ago, my roommate's sister came to visit - she's INFj. I didn't know her very well - she only stayed a few days but she left a great impression on me. I came home from work once and she says something like 'you must be tired. Sit down and I'll make you dinner.' I was really taken aback because who does that? I mean most people would think it wasn't their place to cook in someone else's kitchen and that sort of thing. I liked that she didn't let social conventions get in the way of her doing something kind for someone. This isn't coming across right .... but anyway. What I'm trying to say is that I should go to bed ... no ... what I'm trying to say is that when INFjs see someone who needs help or a bit of kindness or whatever, they do what needs to be done themselves. They go further than just listening and saying kind things and aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. That's what I like about them.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj apprecation thread.

I am starting an INFj appreciation even in an ENFj's perspective. Everyone goes through tough times regardless which quardra they are in, and when they are, the type you appreicate the most is the INFj. They are also one of my favorite type of the sixteen types, and yep it is a Beta saying that, becuase I was once sick and in near death experience and one INFj treated me so kindly and took care of me for about 3 years. Stuff like that you can never forget in your life. This one also gives special appreication to christy, ritella who gives me almost identical behavior to this INFj I know.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fucking LOVE Christy B and Ritella <33333

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj's are fantastical. I just need to meet a few more of them. I like the ones on this forum.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hooray for my totally terrific duals! Taco salad and apple cider for everybody! I'll cover the walls in geometrically-accurate paper snowflakes!

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Hooray for my totally terrific duals! Taco salad and apple cider for everybody! I'll cover the walls in geometrically-accurate paper snowflakes!
    I AM SO THERE!!!!
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs seem to enjoy, maybe thrive, in the environment that I generally like to create and 'relax' in. By relax, I mean what I do in my leisure time when I'm not at work, so, home stuff. That someone enjoys that and likes to open up to me in such and is aware of that comfort and the individuality of both of us doing what we like, that's really, really nice. It's very comfortable. Possibly snuggly, possibly very sensual, possibly very deep, possibly very much (two) people opening up to each other in a peaceful situation, possibly very interesting and pursuing what we like...etc.

It's very nice. And that is what I like most about delta. The irrationals are totally cool with this as well. But INFjs are just the right amount of irrationality and static-ness. Let me be in charge of inputing things and expanding things -- yeah, I'll take some of that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    I am starting an INFj appreciation even in an ENFj's perspective. Everyone goes through tough times regardless which quardra they are in, and when they are, the type you appreicate the most is the INFj. They are also one of my favorite type of the sixteen types, and yep it is a Beta saying that, becuase I was once sick and in near death experience and one INFj treated me so kindly and took care of me for about 3 years. Stuff like that you can never forget in your life. This one also gives special appreication to christy, ritella who gives me almost identical behavior to this INFj I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I fucking LOVE Christy B and Ritella <33333
    Hey I just noticed this thread! Thanks guys! <3 you guys too
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    EIIs seem to enjoy, maybe thrive, in the environment that I generally like to create and 'relax' in. By relax, I mean what I do in my leisure time when I'm not at work, so, home stuff. That someone enjoys that and likes to open up to me in such and is aware of that comfort and the individuality of both of us doing what we like, that's really, really nice. It's very comfortable. Possibly snuggly, possibly very sensual, possibly very deep, possibly very much (two) people opening up to each other in a peaceful situation, possibly very interesting and pursuing what we like...etc.

It's very nice. And that is what I like most about delta. The irrationals are totally cool with this as well. But INFjs are just the right amount of irrationality and static-ness. Let me be in charge of inputing things and expanding things -- yeah, I'll take some of that
    I have seem Successful ESTj-INFj duality. From what I observe. They tend to be quietly intimate with each other, INFj likes to be the goofy one and open up more in the situation.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Right now, somewhere in the middle of nowhere: AKA South Texas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wonderful stepdad is INFj and he is close to being my best friend and I can talk to him and share things with him a lot easier than I can my real parents. He is just a wonderful person and if its the INFj that makes him that way, then anyone who is that type is close enough to perfect for me.
    Teddybeanz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybeanz View Post
    My wonderful stepdad is INFj and he is close to being my best friend and I can talk to him and share things with him a lot easier than I can my real parents. He is just a wonderful person and if its the INFj that makes him that way, then anyone who is that type is close enough to perfect for me.
    Teddybeanz
    Too bad they are like the rarest types, It is true that rock does worth much but gold is worth plenty, and they are both stone.

1)

2)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII women are the best.
    i'm very spoiled, in that eiis are so appealingly feminine to me.
    they care about the right things, and don't care about foolish things.
    the right combination of strong and soft, tolerance and conviction
    a concern for quality and good things

heh, an Se dominant female simply pointed out and pouted at me briefly because I was 'drawn' to an EII female at a get together. I was kind of surprised that she commented on it, but its totally true. Sometimes it is really weird, because I will just instinctually go towards an EII and want to support them.

And they look really pretty, when they are just having a sort of natural, unassuming conversation with you in the evening hours, unaware that you are attracted to them (or perhaps vaguely aware but wondering how much), but earnestly enjoying your friendship and that you are both on good terms. Very cute.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're pretty cool I guess

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some are better than others.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The INFjs I have encountered so far belong to two extremes - they are either very awesome or they are seriously neurotic.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, yeah i've noticed that as well, somewhat

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akra, I think highly of them as I think they are one of the most altruistic types in Socionics.

1)

2)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you 07490 and Ryu for the kind words about EII's, this made me smile
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    The INFjs I have encountered so far belong to two extremes - they are either very awesome or they are seriously neurotic.
    Using a stone analogy

Sometimes they can seem diametric like pearls versus obsidian. The pearls in their brilliance and the obsidian in it shimmering, structured chaos. Each stone has its own unique beauty to them.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SAPPY REMARK:

EIIs are like oysters - after a long time they finally open up and give you something precious.

mhm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    SAPPY REMARK:

EIIs are like oysters - after a long time they finally open up and give you something precious.

mhm
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SAPPY REMARK:

mhm
    *Pukes all over the forum*

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    *Pukes all over the forum*
    That's cause you're a guy
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-Cyclops

SAPPY REMARK:

mhm
    The time of day, you mean?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs are nice. While we may not agree all the time, I can certainly respect them for their kindness and principled nature (or at least the ones that are kind and principled, which are two virtues EIIs seem especially apt to embody).
    Truth. But I haven't met the *seriously* neurotic ones yet.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs are better than IEEs

EDIT:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast