Thread: I am Numbers and I am an ENFp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am Numbers and I am an ENFp

HI, my name is numbers and I am a delta, an ENFP. This is not a "joking" thread becuase I think I am FI>Fe. I sometimes can relate so much as an Enneagram 1. I see the world, and the snapshot of a picture, and most of the time I see what is wrong with the picture, and how it can be so much better morally. Maybe it's due in part of Enneagram type, but I think Betas value are not what I am looking for? It can be I just a weird Beta, or that I am susposely a delta, their vaules are MY value.

Anyone have any opinion please share.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-male

I was the original ENFp turncoat, even if only Brill believes me.

Describe this Fi > Fe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    I was the original ENFp turncoat, even if only Brill believes me.

Describe this Fi > Fe.
    Gulanzon, this description

"It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones. "

Over this,

"The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Creepy-male

strrrng? Being nice and friendly?

Alpha and Beta have different Fe, just as Gamma and Delta have different Fi.

Buuuuuuuut, I'm going to shut up now, since I'm a Socionics dunce.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    "The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The “social graces,” such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate, often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involve extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them. Often with this process, we feel pulled to be responsible and take care of others’ feelings, sometimes to the point of not separating our feelings from theirs. We may recognize and adhere to shared values, feelings, and social norms to get along."
    Where did you get this? It sounds like what I do. I just lose myself to it a lot of the time. The only thing that's not true is that I suck at keeping in touch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, I got it from http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com?

It is function written by Jung, But i find it to be very correct that fits into Information element.

1)

2)

Creepy-male

My understanding is that the Jungian description of functions is slightly different from the Socionics versions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not a "joking" thread becuase I think I am FI>Fe. I sometimes can relate so much as an Enneagram 1. I see the world, and the snapshot of a picture, and most of the time I see what is wrong with the picture, and how it can be so much better morally. Maybe it's due in part of Enneagram type, but I think Betas value are not what I am looking for? It can be I just a weird Beta, or that I am susposely a delta, their vaules are MY value.

Eh, how do you feel about Se v Si? What does being E1 have to do with anything? I mean, I'm pretty negative (though an optimist) about most things in that when I consider anything, the first thing that comes to mind are the deficiencies, the ways in which it is less than what it should be -- not really seeing the relationship to being Fi-valuing. How do you understand Beta values and why do you clash with them? And why is E1 in any way 'Delta'? Just some questions...I don't have an opinion on your type, but your post raised more questions than it gave a justification for being IEE over EIE.
    Last edited by unefille; 03-01-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulanzon, this description

~~washed up pseudo-jungian descriptions~~
    Those descriptions are pretty much what I described^ behavioral myers-briggs contrivances. They do -not- shed any significant light on the internal cognitive processes that go on with functions IMO, and actually mislead people more often than not (i.e. "I'm so friendly and accommodating, I must be Fe").

strrrng? Being nice and friendly?
    lol, exactly.

Alpha and Beta have different Fe, just as Gamma and Delta have different Fi.
    Yup. Which is why mbti descriptions are inane.

Buuuuuuuut, I'm going to shut up now, since I'm a Socionics dunce.
    No I'm feeling nice. Speak.

My understanding is that the Jungian description of functions is slightly different from the Socionics versions.
    It is, but IMO his stuff is much more fundamental and representative of the psychic aspect of functions, rather than the ostensible manifestations in communication and behavior.

*Again* simply because the name of someone doesn't specifically fall within the delineated paradigm of a certain *theory* does not mean that the phenomena which each of those theorists is/was referring to does not overlap. This is a general message, not a criticism of you, gulanzon.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    No I'm feeling nice. Speak.
    Beta egos <3

I wasn't actually thinking about any lashback from you, but I can pretend to be scared and submissive if you want!

... rather than the ostensible manifestations in communication and behavior.
    No, I want Te. Screw your PoLR!

*Again* simply because the name of someone doesn't specifically fall within the delineated paradigm of a certain *theory* does not mean that the phenomena which each of those theorists is/was referring to does not overlap. This is a general message, not a criticism of you, gulanzon.
    Ah, paragraphing, how you minimize ambiguity~

My point was more that the two theories shouldn't be used in conjunction with eachother at face value. Reading the Fe description made me think "...but this is Fi "

(Hence the comment about my Socionics fail )

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta egos <3

I wasn't actually thinking about any lashback from you, but I can pretend to be scared and submissive if you want!
    How about e-slapping me and telling me what a bitch I am. My coffee high is kicking in.

No, I want Te. Screw your PoLR!
    Sigh.

Ah, paragraphing, how you minimize ambiguity~
    lol

My point was more that the two theories shouldn't be used in conjunction with eachother at face value. Reading the Fe description made me think "...but this is Fi "
    I agree, generally. Conflating the theories will only amplify the distortion. And your example illustrates that.

(Hence the comment about my Socionics fail )
    Looks like you've proved me wrong
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

Sigh.
    Shut up, foo'! Get off your damn cloud and back to the real world! You think I have time to watch you faffing about trying to provoke people? I don't! I am sick of your games! So shut up and move!

(Because SLEs are too logical to use emotion. They express in force!)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut up, foo'! Get off your damn cloud and back to the real world! You think I have time to watch you faffing about trying to provoke people? I don't! I am sick of your games! So shut up and move!

(Because SLEs are too logical to use emotion. They express in force!)
    lol, I appreciate the effort. But now I'm lamenting on past experiences where real SLEs put me in my place
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-male

lol, I appreciate the effort. But now I'm lamenting on past experiences where real SLEs put me in my place
    Excellent...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones. "
    This is not a socionics description of Fi: it is MBTI/Linda Berendsen (and as most MBTI/Jungian/Berendesen descriptions of functions, very vague and prone to Forer Effect). And referring to the first sentence, that's nonsense: a true IEE has no trouble at all elaborating about their Fi values (although the account can be somewhat lengthy).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Numbers, do you have a video of yourself somewhere? I've seen only one picture of you, and that's didn't give me an EP feel.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way in hell numbers is delta. He needs to get his head out of his ass.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no way in hell numbers is delta. He needs to get his head out of his ass.
    As far as I can tell, his head is not in his ass, but the tone of your language make me think yours certainly is.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    As far as I can tell, his head is not in his ass, but the tone of your language make me think yours certainly is.
    If that is as far as you can tell, then you've only demonstrated what a myopic fool you are. And why do you assume that a person's tone denotes their intellectual understanding of an issue?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI, my name is numbers and I am a delta, an ENFP. This is not a "joking" thread becuase I think I am FI>Fe. I sometimes can relate so much as an Enneagram 1. I see the world, and the snapshot of a picture, and most of the time I see what is wrong with the picture, and how it can be so much better morally. Maybe it's due in part of Enneagram type, but I think Betas value are not what I am looking for? It can be I just a weird Beta, or that I am susposely a delta, their vaules are MY value.

All I can say is this. I've known people like you and I've generally had good communication with them, even in the long term. You also remind me of a guy with whom I've had a very tight relationship until few years ago. In socionics terms, I think you're almost definitely an NF but I am afraid to make any other speculates atm. I wouldn't mind you in Delta.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is as far as you can tell, then you've only demonstrated what a myopic fool you are. And why do you assume that a person's tone denotes their intellectual understanding of an issue?
    There is nothing here that is warning/infraction worthy at all in my opinion, but please don't let this snowball out of control into an all out flame war.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    There is nothing here that is warning/infraction worthy at all in my opinion, but please don't let this snowball out of control into an all out flame war.
    @Tereg: thank you.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't planning to. Just addressing the accusation appropriately.

@Tereg: thank you.
    Why are you thanking him?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tereg, not to repudiate your authority here, but telling us that our actions aren't ban/infraction-worthy yet, is pretty much contradictory, and ultimately disrespectful to the users involved. This is because it engenders a feeling that you are encroaching on the implicit autonomy each member of this forum should have -- namely, the personal choice whether or not to stay within the boundaries (which should be implicitly understood). I realize these weren't your intentions, but I am simply expressing a perspective for the sake of mutual understanding. I think people feel the magnitude of their contemplations and decisions more when they aren't being monitored or admonished, because they see that the responsibility for, and consequences of, said things are ultimately in their hands. This precludes them from lashing out at authority, finding loopholes in the established rules to excuse their actions, etc., upon transgressing one of these boundaries.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tereg, not to repudiate your authority here, but telling us that our actions aren't ban/infraction-worthy yet, is pretty much contradictory, and ultimately disrespectful to the users involved. This is because it engenders a feeling that you are encroaching on the implicit autonomy each member of this forum should have -- namely, the personal choice whether or not to stay within the boundaries (which should be implicitly understood). I realize these weren't your intentions, but I am simply expressing a perspective for the sake of mutual understanding. I think people feel the magnitude of their contemplations and decisions more when they aren't being monitored or admonished, because they see that the responsibility for, and consequences of, said things are ultimately in their hands. This precludes them from lashing out at authority, finding loopholes in the established rules to excuse their actions, etc., upon transgressing one of these boundaries.
    I apologize, I should have explained in more detail why I made that post. What I said was a direct response to a PM that consentingadult had sent the admins. Perhaps I should have used better judgment and PM'd him back instead of posting it publicly, and for that, that is my mistake and my fault. But I should have been more clear that this was not a preemptive step-in but a response to a message by consentingadult.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize, I should have explained in more detail why I made that post. What I said was a direct response to a PM that consentingadult had sent the admins. Perhaps I should have used better judgment and PM'd him back instead of posting it publicly, and for that, that is my mistake and my fault. But I should have been more clear that this was not a preemptive step-in but a response to a message by consentingadult.
    Ok, that's understandable. I don't really blame you for that at all, given the current situation of the forum. And I also greatly appreciate your maturity in taking responsibility. Beyond that, I think it was absurdly unwarranted for consentingadult to pm you, presumably to complain about my behavior? It's shit like that which will be the downfall of the forum; and this situation makes me lean more towards Tom's position on the matter. For, if we allow for these subjectively-defined guidelines to exist, people will manipulate them to their personal desires in a given situation, i.e. seeking requital on some grudge. Thus, it is plausible to speculate that as time went on, admins' pm boxes would be flooded by complaints, the majority of which would constitute nothing more than petty bitching. -Then- you basically end up with virtually no ideological order, and the admins (mostly subt) are blamed, resulting in redundant threads about site moderation being created, and general harassment from the members. And all this will be the cause of the very policy which they so fervently praised in its enactment; but, due to their poor self-control, they will infringe on the boundaries and take advantage of a generally amiable disposition implemented by subt.

Whatever though.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    No ?
    What?
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    @ Numbers, not you.
    Oh.

lol, how could numbers not have Ni.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you thanking him?
    For taking the time to look into our conversation when I asked him to.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For taking the time to look into our conversation when I asked him to.
    Yeah. You should be thankful -- that he actually deigned to expend the energy to accommodate your hyperbolized complaints. Fawning after griping over nothing doesn't make you a noble citizen; it makes you a manipulative sycophant. Grow up.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond that, I think it was absurdly unwarranted for consentingadult to pm you, presumably to complain about my behavior
    Yes, that was exactly it. I think it is not my right nor duty to tell you that you have stepped out of boundaries and to pass judgement in the context of forum rules, because that very much depends on what the established boundaries are, and how these are interpreted by the site's owner, admins or mods. You have most certainly crossed my ethical boundaries, but not necessarily the boundaries established by Subt for this forum. This is what I wrote to Subt and Tereg:

Hi Subt, Tereg,

I would like to bring to your attention the abusive language of stringggg in the following thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...p-p493093.html

I'll leave it up to you to decide if it requires dealing with.

Ciao,

CA.

If this had been my forum, you would have been banned long before this thread. But it is not my forum, so you can get away with behavior that I think is not fitting for a human being that respects other human beings. I mean, what has numbers done in this thread to give you the right to say that he should get his head out of his ass? I must admit, I shouldn't have responded myself in the way I did, and should have taken it to Subt and Tereg immediately, without responding to you. I apologize for that (but only to Subt and Tereg, not to you, you don't deserve it).

Last but not least, I really do not see how your behavior validates your self-typing of IEI. I do not see Fe, and I certainly don't see Fi. Not in this thread, not in others. On the other hand, you do seem to be very capable of rationalizing your own behavior and washing your hands in innocence. You are a logical ego type, and no nonsense coming out of your keyboard is going to convince me you are an Fe-ego type.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, that was exactly it. I think it is not my right nor duty to tell you that you have stepped out of boundaries and to pass judgement in the context of forum rules, because that very much depends on what the established boundaries are, and how these are interpreted by the site's owner, admins or mods. You have most certainly crossed my ethical boundaries, but not necessarily the boundaries established by Subt for this forum. This is what I wrote to Subt and Tereg:
    Unfortunately, your ethical boundaries hold little weight in regard to both the rules of this forum and my personal opinion.

Hi Subt, Tereg,

I would like to bring to your attention the abusive language of stringggg in the following thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...p-p493093.html

I'll leave it up to you to decide if it requires dealing with.

Ciao,

CA.
    Ok, first of all, numbers and I are friends. So, he will definitely be able to understand where I was coming from with my comment about him getting his head out of his ass. Even if we weren't friends, my language was far from abusive. And can you at least spell my name right?

If this had been my forum, you would have been banned long before this thread. But it is not my forum, so you can get away with behavior that I think is not fitting for a human being that respects other human beings. I mean, what has numbers done in this thread to give you the right to say that he should get his head out of his ass? I must admit, I shouldn't have responded myself in the way I did, and should have taken it to Subt and Tereg immediately, without responding to you. I apologize for that (but only to Subt and Tereg, not to you, you don't deserve it).
    See above comments. And if someone needs to get their head out of their ass, I see no problem with a person pointing that out. It's simply the truth.

Last but not least, I really do not see how your behavior validates your self-typing of IEI. I do not see Fe, and I certainly don't see Fi. Not in this thread, not in others. On the other hand, you do seem to be very capable of rationalizing your own behavior and washing your hands in innocence. You are a logical ego type, and no nonsense coming out of your keyboard is going to convince me you are an Fe-ego type.
    Ok, whatever. I don't care about your opinion of my type, either.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-bg

these things are bound to happen when people go and post in their conflicting quadras

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    these things are bound to happen when people go and post in their conflicting quadras
    Shut your mouth.

I meant, stop screaming while you poop.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-bg

it comes out better that way though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's because of me, right? you just couldn't see us being contraries.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey