Thread: VI Curious

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. Curious

So, I don't put a lot of value into V.I., but I have to admit I am very curious about a friend of mine and what you forum members would identify his socionic type based on the follow photographs. I have been living on his ranch, so I have some ideas about his mannerisms and can make some guesses as to his sociotype. I don't really want to say this (because I feel it should go without saying), but please be respectful and courteous. All pictures used with permissions ("sure, you can post them, it's all mumbo jumbo anyway").

Last edited by wacey; 08-13-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i wanna say delta st but i think i'm swayed too much by the ranchiness. everything is so ranchy. the gates are made out of logs. he's drinking beer and wearing a big belt buckle. he's staring into the distance with his big cowboy hat. so ranchy. so deliciously ranchy. i wanna vacation on a ranch now. and dip a pinecone in ranch dressing and eat it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's Scapegrace.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies!

So, I was wondering, what makes some of you say Si-ego?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bigger ranch than mine and no horses, only venomous earthworms that jump out of their homes in earth and sink their teeth in you...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj and INTj were types that came to mind.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    So, I was wondering, what makes some of you say Si-ego?
    Holding beer in pic - instant Si ego...

Socionics made easy.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see def. EJ temperament, and probably not Ni.

Seems like a rather amiable and happy fellow.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whoa....I rarely get butterflies from looking at pictures, but DAMN! Hands down Delta ST and minus beard this guy could make me faint *fansherself*....
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks a bit like Kevin Costner in the first pic.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All cowboys are Delta STs. Everybody knows that!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    All cowboys are Delta STs. Everybody knows that!
    Cowboys and neanderthals <3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur with Delta ST.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seems more ISTp than ESTj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the VI typings guys it is appreciated.

It's funny because over the past few months I have been looking for reasons why my friend is NOT a ST temperment.

For example, he is terrible with money. He is a poor planner when it comes to money, he spends it easily and without much thought. He is well off, but could be headed for trouble one day if he does not change his habits for the better. Like I mean bad. And also he didnt go far in school, but I reckon it doesn't matter, or at least thats not type related, because he is super practical and has a shit ton of commen sense unlike me who tries to have it. For example I am often day dreaming and will do stuff like lock myself out on the wrong side of the fence because I was thinking about something, and he just looks at me with this know-it all smile, then laughs at me. This happens pretty much daily, I often think he thinks I am stupid. But he is good humoured about stuff like that, it's just that I never hear the end of it because he doesn't let stuff down that he thinks is funny.

He has rooms full of stuff just thrown in, in which one day he says he will go through. when I go through it myself and start orginazing it, it is very stressfull and painfull to hear him complain about all the usefull things he thinks he needs to keep, but in my view is junk and can be disgarded.

He is super kind and kind of goofy. Actually very goofy. He has a hard time telling people simple things and it causes him a lot of anxiety. For example, he couldn't tell a client how he felt about his muddy dog sitting on the seat of my friends truck. It reeeaaaallllyy bothered my freind, but he couldn;t say a word about it. Weak Fi?

He is definetly a an extravert hands down. When I first met him he was giving a clinic and he def likes being the center of attention. Not in a limelight sort of way where he is looking for it. he is just so outgoing, and always needs to hear from freinds and family, way more then I do. BUT, he told me that when he was a kid and into he teenage years he was extremely shy. He couldn't go into town and would just stay on his family farm for months on end. Somewhere in his twenties he did an about face and is now very sociable and amiable. He talks with everyone and anyone and is kind of a huge flirt. People really seem drawn to him.

Sometimes he acts way to overboard and goofy, just to get a reaction out of people. He likes to do and say things that are very loaded and controversial, like asking old ladies if they still get wet and what not. The ladies love it, it's not rude and vulgar just fun and flirtatious, but I think he could tone it down a bit. Could that be Fe polr? He sometimes acts out like a big kid and I often feel a need to keep him settled down and calm. This behavior gets worse with alcohol. It'as not as though I think he is behaving badly, its just that I can see other peoples reactions and can tell that my friends approuches are not always appreciated, nor appropriate.

He is definelty an asker. ENDLESS questions, like what are you doing and why are you doing and where are you going???? and are you going to answer me?! It's like instead of a statement like, he would ask, you don't like me? then I'm on the hook for an answer of why I do and jeez. He plays at these types of word games all the time. That brings me to another point is that he likes puns and play on words. For example he has lots of internation workers stay on the ranch from all over and there was this one swiss ghirl that said the word for a vagina is a shnackly, and he thought it was HILARIOUS. He also like to pretend something is true when it isn't.
    He is very loyal and although complains and whines lots (about some kind of pain or aches or headaches, and about people), he is very positive man who people trust. It's like he has a natural nobility. One tme I told hiom I thought he was noble and he made some kind of wise crack and played it down. whatever, I still think he is loyal.

The young women in the picture his best friend and he told me they use to laugh so hard together, but unfortuntly she died of cancer last year. He tears up a bit, but I think he is over the initial grief, but once you loose a freind its never easy to get over that I think. You always hold them in your heart. He told me about her husband who was/is a "fucking idiot", and I tend to agree with this statement based on what I have heard of the guy, he was mean, cruel to her, divorced her, took more then his share of the business when she died and looked for moeny from her family to repair something after she died. Plus he wouldn't let her visit my friend, only "a couple hours a week". So yeah, what sort of awfull person does that?! Anyway, he tried to get my friend to train horses for him after she passed away and my friend told him he didn't like how he treated "kelly" (changed), and basically where to put it.

So he works like a dog, but sometimes wastes time doing stupid fittily things, well from my view. He also is not very organized and I thought that was the hallmark of delta ST's? Anyway, it's not a big deal if it isn't just means I have to readjust my thinking about them.

He also, strangley enough, gets his feeling hurt pretty easily, not about normal things like you would excpect. about little things like, "I didn't hear from you in a few minutes and now I'm angry". Well he doesn't say that explicidly, but he does pout like a little kid. So what's up with that?

Great guy, I'm unsure of type, but I have my suspicions. I will be on the ranch for quite awhile here while I learn about the horses and the business, so I welcome the chance to talk about it. Okay, I mean how me and him are.
    Last edited by wacey; 08-26-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You talk about him as if he were a dog, literally, Wacey. This pic comes to mind after reading what you wrote:

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that pic seems appropriate, Absurd. Not sure if it's obvious or not, but I suppose my affection and respect for him goes without saying. I thought dogs are man's best freind. How else should I talk about him?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTj is very possible but need a side picture...a better one.

How is he like behaviorally?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My initial thought, pics only - ESTj.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You talk about him as if he were a dog, literally, Wacey. This pic comes to mind after reading what you wrote:

That makes it SEI.

Anyway, I don't think you're going to get a good VI answer just because of the ranch thing he has going. It's hard to ignore the cowboy hat and stuff and not let that bias us. I initially thought delta, but at the same time, realize that I'm probably basing it more on the environment rather than any expression.

He looks kind of creepy in the first picture though.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm putting him in serious quadra based off the vibe I get from his 'stache.
    Last edited by xerx; 08-27-2013 at 07:06 AM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp or maybe ESTj
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would find better pictures, but to be honest the ranch thing is basically everywhere here. It's hard to find a picture without all the ranch stuff, the guy literally is a horse trainer for a living. Hopefully this next one will help. @Maritsa, not quite sure what you mean "how he behaves behaviorally", or however you put it. You gotta ask a more specific question then that, but I would try to oblige with a good answer.

Attachment 2298

Here's a side photo as requested. VI away.
    Last edited by wacey; 08-27-2013 at 10:56 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What's his behavior like. What does he do? How much does he talk? When he talks what does he express his opinion on?
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He talks quite a bit, sometimes, but at other times not a lot. He expresses his opinion on any topic that comes up. He knows most about the horses, been doing it his whole life. He is pretty confident about his opinions, but is in no way obstinate about them. He likes to hear about people, but hates gossip for the sake of it. Really I am not sure how to write about what his behaviour is like because throughout the course of the day events change and he changes depending on level of energy. It's hard to say what his behaviour is like, I need more of a reference point because it's like in relation to what? Are opinions type related?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Geezus Maritsa, snap out of it...wacey already wrote a long-ass post about the guy's behavior.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He talks quite a bit, sometimes, but at other times not a lot. He expresses his opinion on any topic that comes up. He knows most about the horses, been doing it his whole life. He is pretty confident about his opinions, but is in no way obstinate about them. He likes to hear about people, but hates gossip for the sake of it. Really I am not sure how to write about what his behaviour is like because throughout the course of the day events change and he changes depending on level of energy. It's hard to say what his behaviour is like, I need more of a reference point because it's like in relation to what? Are opinions type related?
    observe him; he wakes up and does what...says what...
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLI, end of discussion. It's written across his damn forehead!
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Are you sure you're not typing him as your dual just because you find him attractive?

I do think he's LSE. Activity relationship can sometimes be hotter/more fun than duality, you know.
    Look at him, he is clearly an introvert.

And you have it wrong. I type him SLI because he looks like one. And since he is SLI, of course he is hot. Duh.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I look at these pictures it's like a Russell Crowe version of brokeback mountain.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm blinded by Dallas. Sorry.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of Russel Crowe, this guy could as well be his identical (SEE).
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I was just teasing you.
    Haha, I know. I just grabbed the opportunity and flattered my duals.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i wanna say delta st but i think i'm swayed too much by the ranchiness. everything is so ranchy. the gates are made out of logs. he's drinking beer and wearing a big belt buckle. he's staring into the distance with his big cowboy hat. so ranchy. so deliciously ranchy. i wanna vacation on a ranch now. and dip a pinecone in ranch dressing and eat it.
    hehehehe the girl with the black hair looks like you in that one pic...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can ya'll record yur voices in an audio file so I can hear ya'll?

I reckon it might be interestin to hear.

I vote SLI.

Also tell him he looks better without the handlebar mustache..

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey blackberry, we are Canadian and don't have a southern accent. And he does look better without the handlebars, and shaved them off after I subtly dropped some hints. Cause otherwise he would be all sensitive about it.

Okay SLI is a pretty guess, but I am almost certain this dude is not an introverted personality. In fact, sometimes I find him to be too extraverted.

And to Maritsa, I do observe him all day. It's just that I can't just say how he acts without having some kind of event in which he reacts in. Like you could say how would he act when people come over? Well it depends on the people. He treats everyone the same, but will privately grumble about such and such person. He is attracted to quite, calm people, but as friends he likes people that make him laugh and who are intuitive. He is all jived up from conversations about relationships but says the most immature things about them, but it's all good because basically he is a good person that wouldn't harm a fly. His really good friend is a horse chiropractor and she is super intuitive about people. Almost to the point that she kind of intimidates me cause she sees right through everything, but will kind of keep quite about it. I think she is an ENFp and her fiance is an ISTp, because man does that guy ever make me laugh in a way no other types can. And she can kind of rub me the wrong way like no one else but a mirror can.

On the first night I met him, he said, "Can you really see me as an introvert"? And the truth is I couldn't honestly see him being an introvert. But it's so tricky you know? what is learned behaviour, what is coping mechanisms, what is personality and what is habit?

I got these things down pat though: he is an asker, and he is an extrovert, and he is not an Fe base. He is attracted to authentic and sincere people, he is valued by his friends and clients a like. He doesn't really care about his reputation because holy crap you should hear the shit that comes out of his mouth, BUT his is highly regarded non the less. I believe he is dynamic, and procrastinates to finish projects and can be lazy, but irocally he works all day, he can't sleep past 7:30 am. It's funny cause when I read about the internally nervous thing about an LSE I wasn't sure what that looked like (cause I have notice the same thing in ESE's), so I can see it in him, he is always kinda twitching or shuffling and calms down when he is around me so I like that. his elderly mother even told me he has been that way since he was a kid, getting up and working on the farm at 5 am and trying not to wake anyone else up. He is most definetly an Si ego, base or creative is up in the air. He is forever talking about aches and pains and the temperature and hunger and good drinks. He likes to just relax in the sun, but hates working outside in the sun all day. His idea of a good time is rafting down the river with a drink and some friends. He says so pretty dick things, but always is being funny about it and could definelty be described as a smart Alec. But as soon as I get all bothered by it I would finally just say hey, stop pissing in my corn flakes and then he would say I am pissing in your corn flakes? Why? Then I would explain why I thought he is being an ass and he says you think that I and I say yes and then he says tell me how, and then I tell him how, then he says that would bother him too, and then we just move on.... untill next time....
    Last edited by wacey; 08-30-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fwiw, people at work think I'm super outgoing... It's an act.. B/c I'm at work, but that's just me.

I never would've guessed Canadians..
    I was with gem, I thought Texas.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true, It's just that I have lived on the ranch for a couple months now and see this guy everyday, and have gone on camping trips and a couple of international flights and one music festival. The guy is an extravert hands down, he talks to everyone and makes friends easily. Well makes acquaintances because I wouldn't really call them friends. Friends to me are special individuals But I say it's tricky cause what if that's how he learned how to be?

Alberta is like the texas of the north and the largest rodeo in the world is in Calgary. But that's hurtin albertans, we live in BC, "the most beautiful place on earth", according to the license plate

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

yeah, idk his type. mehbeh LSE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's true, It's just that I have lived on the ranch for a couple months now and see this guy everyday, and have gone on camping trips and a couple of international flights and one music festival. The guy is an extravert hands down, he talks to everyone and makes friends easily. Well makes acquaintances because I wouldn't really call them friends. Friends to me are special individuals But I say it's tricky cause what if that's how he learned how to be?

Alberta is like the texas of the north and the largest rodeo in the world is in Calgary. But that's hurtin albertans, we live in BC, "the most beautiful place on earth", according to the license plate
    Yeah, Wacey.

It's completely unclear weather he's LSE or SLI; but, he doesn't seem LSE. My ex SLI bf was a Te SLI. He worked from 4:30 am and all day until night and he was so social and friendly. His activities and pace of talking were so resembling an LSE that if one never stepped into his home they couldn't tell that he was really and SLI. Now, there are SLI who have learned to look neat and organized and may even seem analy so however my ex was very much the type who did not like telling people what to do, as LSE are inclined to do most often and he did not spend any energy in domestic organization, repairs, or design; these were sure ways to tell him apart.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast