Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFp-ESTp duality poll!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried to do the same thing as INFps with ESTps - warn them not to get into shit - but probably it doesn't work because I raise my voice when I do that, and it sounds like...an order? They perceive it as a violation of their authority. Not my aim, really, since it's only their business.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFp - ESTp Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    Another thing that ESTps enjoy about INFps is how they seem to be completely at ease with them. INFps have their crazy imaginations, and aren't afraid to show them off to the ESTp. For example, just seeing an INFp pretending to play the drums while listening to their iPod, or acting like James Bond, you name it, is enough to make any ESTp all woozy inside.

Many people say that INFps are passive, like it's a bad thing. However, in the eyes of the ESTp, it is not a bad thing at all. I can't really explain it; but this "passiveness" of the INFp is quite adorable, actually. ESTps can find it quite sexy, given the right situation. :wink:
    I like to think of myself as "mellow" as opposed to "passive." I'm not really "passive" in the sense that I couldn't give two shits about anything... but rather, there's really so very little that's worth tying your knickers into a knot about. Why not chill, watch a little "I Love Lucy", listen to some killer music (and make your own), write a few poems in the voice of a blue blanket, and spend some time making up hilarious nonsensical words like "schoymus" with your friends for a few hours?

Homework? It gets done. Future? No worries. Last Sunday I sat down and planned everything all out on a napkin. The genocide in Africa? Believe me you, it hurts when I read that stuff in the paper. I planned out how to work out the whole Sudan issue, the Middle East crisis, the North Korean sketchiness, and just about everything else that needs fixing in this world down to that painting in my aunt's apartment that can never quite hang straight. Then I realized there's no such thing as leprechauns.

I do love me some ESTp. You guys bring out the me in me. And I'm glad to bring out the you in you.

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w00t duality r0xxors my b0x0rz
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't find anything special nor attractive regarding the duals I know. I mean, I do have this need to guide and protect them. They have a habit of doing the wrong things. But I get nothing from them. They seems unappealing to me.
    Dunno, perhaps it's just the ones I know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duality gets better as you get to know each other better, trust each other and just...have fun together more so when you look back, you have memories to keep you two together...i think...but you should naturally just...be together...

ESTPs are fine specimen of humanity. I admire them like heck. They seem to be capable of doing all that I can't do although I do wanna do...

I agree that INFPs are not passive as much as mellow. I hate it when people call me passive, if I use up energy for every single little thing, i wouldn't have energy for the big things and we don;t have a lot of energy as it is...most of the time i just dont give a damn
    INFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer
    I agree that INFPs are not passive as much as mellow. I hate it when people call me passive, if I use up energy for every single little thing, i wouldn't have energy for the big things and we don;t have a lot of energy as it is...most of the time i just dont give a damn
    I'm kind of puzzled by this, are INFp-s elsewhere viewed as passive? INFp-s here are quite domineering and energetic. Every INFp I know is everything but passive where they will engage the aggressor every time. I guess INFp-s here tend to be "arrogant victims".
    I think that's the problem with me.
    Most of the ESTp-s I knew were kind of weak in character. Really unappealing. The ones that were appealing, the ones with a strong character, with desirable traits, were out of reach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. He's out of my reach... but deep down I know when it's not meant to be and can never be but i can't help but idealize about it anyways. All the facts are staring at me but I just can't just walk away.

I can imagine how some can be weak and unappealing but it depends on the INFP.

I think...I'm passive in real life in general but today in French class, this girl was being stupid and I gave her this look and everyone was like omg, if looks can kill. My french teacher was like, omg, i can't believe the quiet girl could give such a look...

it depends on how moody/angry you are about the situation
    then i'm aggressive

but most of the time, i'm passive, don't know how to act if I don't care...
    INFP

Creepy-aurora_faerie

For example, just seeing an INFp pretending to play the drums while listening to their iPod, or acting like James Bond, you name it, is enough to make any ESTp all woozy inside.

I USED TO PLAY JAMES BOND OMFG

I used to get my dads old suit case and fill it with random shit that resembled Bond's gagents. I used always do Thunderball so I could wear my googles and go underwater and shoot tarpoons!!!

Oh, and Patrick picked me up last night, and he stoped to get gas, so i was sittin in the car and Black Sabbath came on so I was jamming with my seatbelt guitar, not thinking anyone was watching and then I open my eyes (cause i was all into it with my eyes squinted) and he was just standing outside the car grinning at me. ^_^

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca
    Most of the ESTp-s I knew were kind of weak in character.
    Please be more specific of what you mean about "weak in character"
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

ZOMG I just realized Superman changed his name.

Why, I liked Superman.

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me to.. but it had do be done... mephisto sounds gay

TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant really say no to that...

Actually Mephisto is a really phat dude that is one of the Prime evils he does an aweseome power attack that all HC diablo players fear with low res!!

PIA:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    One of the main reasons why ESTps need INFps is to warn us of any stupid shit that we're about to do, and talk us out of it. This is because when ESTps think of something funny to do, they usually immediately act upon it, without thinking it through first. The ESTp is comfortable enough with the INFp that they can share with them their thoughts. Then, the INFp steps in, and tells them that what they're about to do is pretty damn stupid, and it'll make people think less of them, etc. The ESTp will realize the error of their ways, and not act upon them!
    HOLD THE FUCK ON ONE SECOND HERE! your telling me that there is some one alive today, in existence on this earth that can talk me out of doing this.

I don't believe you.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Yep, It's totally true.
    I am torn. Part of me immediately dislikes this person for the boring-ness that comes about from their existence and the other part of me is in awe at their awesome power of preventing the inevitable.

I don't know what to think now...

Your Lying, you have to be. It's just not possible...
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I am torn. Part of me immediately dislikes this person for the boring-ness that comes about from their existence and the other part of me is in awe at their awesome power of preventing the inevitable.

I don't know what to think now...

Your Lying, you have to be. It's just not possible...

You have clearly never met an IEI, if you think they are boring . We aren't boring unless you're boring yourself.

Man. Duality. Blows my mind. It is like the creme de la creme, everything else is like bland in comparison, it's like magic.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Whatever made you think a person changing the mind of an SLE would be boring?
    The thought process went something like this;
    P1) Riding Big people would be the most fun awesome thing in the world!
    P2) Anything thing that is not riding big people is not the most fun awesome thing in the world
    C) Doing something that is not the most fun awesome thing in the world when the most fun and awesome thing in the world is able to be done is boring.

IF Anybody who convinces me that to do something that is not the most awesome and fun thing in the world is convincing me to do something boring
    THEN Anybody who convinces me to do something boring must be boring.

The only interesting option i can think of is some one getting me not to ride big people by offering me a better alternative, and what on earth could be more fun/entertaining than that?!
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P2) Anything thing that is not riding big people is not the most fun awesome thing in the world
    C) Doing something that is not the most fun awesome thing in the world when the most fun and awesome thing in the world is able to be done is boring.

IF Anybody who convinces me that to do something that is not the most awesome and fun thing in the world is convincing me to do something boring

The only interesting option i can think of is some one getting me not to ride big people by offering me a better alternative, and what on earth could be more fun/entertaining than that?!
    LOL. I was just going to say that. I'll think of something more fun n_n!

Mmm, this Herzy post makes me feel all 'woozy inside' :tongue:.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    You have clearly never met an IEI, if you think they are boring . We aren't boring unless you're boring yourself.

Man. Duality. Blows my mind. It is like the creme de la creme, everything else is like bland in comparison, it's like magic.
    Actually your right, I've only meet 3 IEIs in person and they all were just people i knew existed not people i ever spent time with or talked to. This is all speculation on my part.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually your right, I've only meet 3 IEIs in person and they all were just people i knew existed not people i ever spent time with or talked to. This is all speculation on my part.
    What are you waiting for? I told you duality is the creme de la creme :wink:...
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You talk too much.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Dinki will dress up as a french maid.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

That's kind of like sticking your finger up your ass to see if you can find any shit. And then sniffing it afterwards. Like EWW.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol ok I'll get right on that. It's one in every 16 random strangers I approach, right? Cause I totally got candy, some paint and a white van. Oh shoot... How trusting of strangers with candy are IEIs?
    Easy Day

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Lol ok I'll get right on that. It's one in every 16 random strangers I approach, right? Cause I totally got candy, some paint and a white van. Oh shoot... How trusting of strangers with candy are IEIs?
    IEI's are pretty good at approaching strangers.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Mercutio .

Haha. You are the candy love ;]. It bums out actually coz types are not distributed equally. There are few IEIs and few SLEs about.
    And I remember a Herzy post where she said everytime she tried to start something up with an IEI it didn't work.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    IEI's are pretty good at approaching strangers.

Say what?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Lol Mercutio .

Haha. You are the candy love ;]. It bums out actually coz types are not distributed equally. There are few IEIs and few SLEs about.
    And I remember a Herzy post where she said everytime she tried to start something up with an IEI it didn't work.
    iei's don't work. they're impossible.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Say what?
    Well okay, they may not be CONFIDENT ... but they're ABLE... to do it ..

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Mercutio .

I like you already. Impressive. I still don't think that you could talk me out of big ppl rodeo though. Just sayin.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    I prefer the legs-splayed-on-the-road strategy, myself.
    This comment coupled with the "I cock block threads" moniker have made me laugh the hardest I ever have at something I've read. Bravo and Encore.
    Easy Day

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akra View Post
    I prefer the legs-splayed-on-the-road strategy, myself.
    Is it working for you.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Mercutio, you are so right, I think this is where a lot of IEI issues come from, we can do things, we just don't have the confidence. At least in my experience.

Ha, thanks JWC3, back at you :wink:, but I don't think thats about duality as you can like anytype from a distance. And I so could talk you out of it, I can think of many things that are way more fun :wink::wink:.

Lol Herzy , what do you mean? Do you not take Socionics as seriously anymore?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do love me some ESTp. You guys bring out the me in me. And I'm glad to bring out the you in you.
    Corny, but cute.

I view duality as a misnomer. Technically what is happening is you are realizing that everything is whole. A whole hole, as it were. That there are no opposites. This topic is interesting enough to have its own thread though.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've tried to do the same thing as INFps with ESTps - warn them not to get into shit - but probably it doesn't work because I raise my voice when I do that, and it sounds like...an order? They perceive it as a violation of their authority. Not my aim, really, since it's only their business.
    Maybe you're just drawing too much negative attention. Im not SLE, but I would find this emabrrrassing also.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love estps. <3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I love estps. <3
    Really? Why? SLE is wildly regarded as the biggest d-bag type there is.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Why? SLE is wildly regarded as the biggest d-bag type there is.
    Don't be a dumbarse :tongue:. Your types only regarded as the biggest d-bag there is by d-bags too hyped on Socionics. Don't listen to that shit. You know if you're a d-bag or not.

Why ESTps are babes; because their suggestive function makes me lol and they give me the Se I need.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
    One day an IEI will walk into your life and wonder how you came to the conclusion that it's ok to make a life with any man that refuses to work. If he can't work thats different but if he can but won't, he's a train wreck waiting to happen. Were all around you. initiate. we won't generally come into your space unless we're invited
    Usually when I see SLEs I wonder how they came to the conclusion that they ought to surround themselves with morons (really... SLE social groups in my experience tend to resemble a cross between the shows "jackass" and "friends"). says clean up your space before inviting IEI over

Seriously though.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Usually when I see SLEs I wonder how they came to the conclusion that they ought to surround themselves with morons (really... SLE social groups in my experience tend to resemble a cross between the shows "jackass" and "friends"). says clean up your space before inviting IEI over

Seriously though.

I'm more on the Friends end of that spectrum but...
    HOW DID YOU KNOW?!
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more on the Friends end of that spectrum but...
    HOW DID YOU KNOW?!
    Whenever I end up in a social setting with SLEs and their little posses I always end up having to listen to someone or another bitch and moan about someone else, fiilling me in on all the shit they've stockpiled to wade themselves through, and worse part of it is that I always get the impression they think they're doing me a favour. Makes me feel like a homocidal therapist. lol
    INFp-Ni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast