Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Questionnaire (Jimmers)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Jimmers)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you Jimmers from INFJs?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:11 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Some kind of introverted feeler...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Changed my mind about the op lately - EII (Ne 2 something) is possible. I used to think IEE considering the way he kept swimming from one type and quadra to another.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:12 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

My first hunch was ESI actually Fi lead yes.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

unfortunately he ain't got no Se

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Pretty clear EII imo.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:12 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The first part (and this view of affection) doesn't sound foreign, but the picture-drawing thing is Ne. You kind of chose "allusion&abstraction" over practical action.

Love is indescribable to me as well. It's a strong feeling that makes me want to be around someone else more often and makes me want to show them in some way that I love them because I'm just not that great at articulating it. When I was younger, I never could tell my stepfather that I loved him, so I would draw a picture of something that I knew had meaning for him and I knew that the love was mutually understood.

Only here could I see some traces of Se mindset (but hey, this may well be a matter of mere political stance):

War is a necessary evil to protect your homeland from aggressive foreign assholes. It should be a last resort. I don't believe in my country's approach to standing armies around the world and preemptive military intervention, but I don't think the war mongers care very much at all for what the civilians that are supposed to be in charge of them think.

The last part is Se polr, no offense:

My lack of planning is a weakness, and I don't stick up for myself as much as I should.

Same here, sounds like Delta over Gamma values:

I dislike pushy, bossy people, and those who are too blunt and direct.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:13 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Fi dom. I lean EII for you but ESI is definitely possible. I don't think I could see you as anything else. Maybe SEI, but that's as far as I could go. Also, I don't think EIIs detest boxing as a general tendency. My EII friend loves pretty much all sports and I don't think boxing is much of an exception even if it isn't a focus. Developing philosophical interests later doesn't necessarily mean you aren't intuitive. Most Ne egos I know don't really have much to do with philosophical or super abstract ideas. They can be interested, but in many cases they just aren't magnetically drawn to it like other types. I've noticed Ni egos ad Ti egos tend to be especially drawn toward philosophy.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra;
    I noticed Ni egos ad Ti egos tend to be especially drawn toward philosophy.
    In my experience also much much more than Ne egos.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I plan things. That's part of my J and also something about liking predictability. Your tasts in books gives me the sense that you like novel story lines rather than idealistic relationship conditions or idealistic human models. For example, the reason why I read and like count of monte cristo is because I take edmond dantes as a model of a man an ideal for how a person should be towards his country or his team mates. You like the stories. I'm going to say SEI or LSI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still say IEE. (As to EII, this:
    It's tough for me because I feel like I can be anything or anyone I set out to be.
    makes me tack a "p" at the end of the four letters... And doesn't it also say Ne - so many possibilities out there?) At any rate, I see Jimmers as IEE...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I just don't know Eliza. I first thought IEE because of the same reason, but I think it was out of frustration for not finding my type. In all honesty, Ne is really draining to me. I don't see it as a creative function either.

I work with an EII for sure and she takes forever to decide anything. My mother-in-law is EII and she is so passive that it gets me upset. Whenever any of my kids or her other grandkids ask for something and she says no, the kids will press her, and she caves every time. I stick to my decision and push back, otherwise they'll walk all over you.

In life I was pretty decisive up until typology. I knew what I wanted to do in college and I went for it. I settled down in a relationship pretty early in life. I was quick to decide to get married, have kids, buy a house, secure a job.
    Also EIIs I know take time to decide to take an action and move on it. But when they do move on an action they are all in and they stick with it decisively. I wondered if my one EII friend was ever going to move on getting her green card. She had problems for not having it, but made no move to do anything about it. When she finally moved to take care of it she stuck with it all the way to her citizenship. Also with her career. She sat and did nothing forever it seemed, then started nursing and for someone who made a poor finish of high school and had to start with remedial, remedial math in college, she is amazing, at the top of her class in a competitive program. She is lenient with her kids but also strict. Particularly lenient in letting them buy or getting for them every possible item they want. She respects how they want to spend their down time, and does not over-schedule them (but they aer scheduled!). But she is strict in other ways, like excelling in homework and getting it done on time, sticking to a bedtime schedule on school nights, expecting them to do their morning routine and scolding and/or hollering if they don't. I don't know if this is like the EIIs you know or not.

I also did all those things you did (college, marraige job etc.) but along the way i did put of decisions like "which major" off all along the way, keeping open to as many majors as possible to the last possible minute. But when decision-time came i made them.

I still think IEE. But what are you considering?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just don't know Eliza. I first thought IEE because of the same reason, but I think it was out of frustration for not finding my type. In all honesty, Ne is really draining to me. I don't see it as a creative function either.

I work with an EII for sure and she takes forever to decide anything. My mother-in-law is EII and she is so passive that it gets me upset. Whenever any of my kids or her other grandkids ask for something and she says no, the kids will press her, and she caves every time. I stick to my decision and push back, otherwise they'll walk all over you.

In life I was pretty decisive up until typology. I knew what I wanted to do in college and I went for it. I settled down in a relationship pretty early in life. I was quick to decide to get married, have kids, buy a house, secure a job.
    I'm like your mil I'm not much of an assertive authoritarian that's why although I love my ESI cousin's kids and took them to stay with me often the hard core discipline i would ask her to do and she did that well.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:14 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Also EIIs I know take time to decide to take an action and move on it. But when they do move on an action they are all in and they stick with it decisively. I wondered if my one EII friend was ever going to move on getting her green card. She had problems for not having it, but made no move to do anything about it. When she finally moved to take care of it she stuck with it all the way to her citizenship. Also with her career. She sat and did nothing forever it seemed, then started nursing and for someone who made a poor finish of high school and had to start with remedial, remedial math in college, she is amazing, at the top of her class in a competitive program. She is lenient with her kids but also strict. Particularly lenient in letting them buy or getting for them every possible item they want. She respects how they want to spend their down time, and does not over-schedule them (but they aer scheduled!). But she is strict in other ways, like excelling in homework and getting it done on time, sticking to a bedtime schedule on school nights, expecting them to do their morning routine and scolding and/or hollering if they don't. I don't know if this is like the EIIs you know or not.

I also did all those things you did (college, marraige job etc.) but along the way i did put of decisions like "which major" off all along the way, keeping open to as many majors as possible to the last possible minute. But when decision-time came i made them.

I still think IEE. But what are you considering?
    I do that. I take a very long and exhaustive effort in trying to decide even sometimes the smallest things like socks unless the price is right and i figure it won't cost too much to have something replaced. When faced with many choices to me it isn't simply that something feels good or makes me happy like Si would decide on. It's quality, weather condition, flexibility of use, versitility of style although Ni types are much more adapt at picking something that trensenda time where they can wear something for many summers to come, so many variables that go through my mind thats why Te helps because unlike me they can factor these variables fast and won't get stuck like I do and waste time.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

awww...don't feel bad, lol. It's a good trait to have. She is one of the nicest people I know as a result. Unfortunately, she gives so much and gets so little in return though. I don't like accepting anything from her. I tell her "you keep this and do something for yourself" She won't listen, of course She's about as stubborn as I am.

I don't really like punishing the kids myself. I won't use corporal punishment because I think it does more harm than good. The important thing is to stick with a decision and to teach them consideration for others. Sometimes I give in though,lol.
    Where it fails me most is when I can't address my needs adequately and I often let go of even a personal romantic relationship because of the lack of initiative. It makes me sad and it only seems that SLI have figured out how to keep me with the arsenal of methods they use such as stalking, constant calling, emotional harassment etc lol. It feels so good to be with an LSE who loves me.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just like being with partners I am attracted to and have ease of communication with. I feel I could find that with essentially any type really. Just follow your heart That not an order, of course , lol
    I like how kind you are. It makes me feel good when I'm around you. <-----do you do this? That is evaluation of the moral quality or character of people.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:15 AM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I much prefer a good storyline. One of the reasons I loved Crime and Punishment so much was because of the building suspense. I was pretty disappointed in the ending though because I didn't think the main character's conversion was very meaningful. He was a sick man with an impulse for murder, something a conversion cannot fix in my opinion. At the end, I was like, "really?"
    I may not like the story but a character or person may stick with me a very long time for their superb ethical qualities which are often ideal to me in a particular way, for example the lonely mother who works hard to provide for her kids but might be a total emotional nutcase lol. I like difficult characters complex emotional and even I like to see people rise above hardship but not necessarily and always. I don't admire self sacrifice and toiling as I see those things sometimes as given and necessary for survival. To me it's about the ordinary person.
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Pretty clear EII imo.
    I'll second that. Probably Ne subtype.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Similar. I like stories about what I feel are real people with everyday struggles. People who work hard, face adversity, and make mistakes but learn from them and come out stronger. People who may fall hard, but pick themselves back up and keep moving forward. I like the grit of everyday life.
    Do you notice excitement in others?
    Are you a "pick up your own book" person or do you puck up a book because someone has recommended it or you heard it from someone
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I appreciate the feedback, I really do, but it is much more likely that I am Ne polr than Ne base or creative. I also think it more likely that I am Ni over Ne because of how my thought processes work. I think people are confusing my lack of complete understanding of socionics, my skepticism of the theory, its validity, and reliability, the numerous contradictions I have spotted with the typology, with "seeing numerous possibilities" and therefore concluding I'm an Ne type. I 'm have difficulty typing not because there are many possibilities, but because of incomplete definitions and contradictory information. I know I value Fi, Ni, Se, and Te. I also have Gamma values.
    Sounds like it to me

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I appreciate the feedback, I really do, but it is much more likely that I am Ne polr than Ne base or creative. I also think it more likely that I am Ni over Ne because of how my thought processes work. I think people are confusing my lack of complete understanding of socionics, my skepticism of the theory, its validity, and reliability, the numerous contradictions I have spotted with the typology, with "seeing numerous possibilities" and therefore concluding I'm an Ne type. I 'm have difficulty typing not because there are many possibilities, but because of incomplete definitions and contradictory information. I know I value Fi, Ni, Se, and Te. I also have Gamma values.
    yes
    -

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 09-05-2015 at 04:17 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the stories I love the most though are stories that are based in imaginary worlds, where the characters travel between dimensions/worlds, supernatural themes that transcend reality, incorporation of science/technology, and philosophic questions that delve into the nature of reality. Also, for some reason I love stories where the main characters shared some adventures as children and reunite as adults. I enjoy reading stories where a person is young, grows old, and dies, but something deep is learned in the process. I love a sense of time, timelessness, and history.

So these are the fictional themes I enjoy, but I read a lot of non-fiction as well: history, biology, evolution, philosophy
    Honestly, I know you're pretty confident with your type being ESI, but that sounds way more like Ne ego. My LSI brother was just talking the other day about how he can't stand stories that are completely made up and based in nothing, which is why he hated Interstellar. His hatred was so passionated that I definitely think it was an Ne polr thing. Also my EII friend loves stories like the one you described. I think the sense of "time, timelessness, and history" is actually more of a Delta quadra values kind of thing that is misattributed to Ni. Plus, Deltas love history.

just throwing that out there...

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Jimmers, listen to people (the ones that say you're clearly Ne ego)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably the stories I love the most though are stories that are based in imaginary worlds, where the characters travel between dimensions/worlds, supernatural themes that transcend reality, incorporation of science/technology, and philosophic questions that delve into the nature of reality. Also, for some reason I love stories where the main characters shared some adventures as children and reunite as adults. I enjoy reading stories where a person is young, grows old, and dies, but something deep is learned in the process. I love a sense of time, timelessness, and history.

So these are the fictional themes I enjoy, but I read a lot of non-fiction as well: history, biology, evolution, philosophy

Jimmers, do you really see anything in common between cray folks like sevj, blackburry, or me and your royal highness?

I love stories in which the characters fuck right before being forced to enter a gas chamber in Auschwitz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast