Thread: For my father!

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For my father!

Okay so. He's conflict-avoidant and generally doesn't make waves unless he's pushed, but can get very frustrated at times. Because of this, he never was really ambitious and had to be pushed into making more of himself, as it were. Amazing at getting to know people and making small talk because he has an ability to adopt their lingo and manner of speaking. Likes to try new things; traveling, cooking experiments, etc. Good with practical knowledge. A terrible liar. Can be gullible and buys into things like alternative medicine and is open to conspiracy theories.

He and I get along in the sense that our humors are compatible and bounce off each other, but he likes to push my buttons and say things that are blatantly incorrect to make my Ti frustrated to troll me.

My mother is an ILI and they get along well. She's stuffier and has a terrible time relating to others, so he smooths things over in that regard. They're not just comfortable with each other, but still very much romantically involved after a couple of decades of being married.

If I think of anything else, I'll post more, but here we go with the pictures! If you have any questions, also, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by FoxOnStilts; 11-29-2011 at 11:18 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol @ pic # 4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI ??

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. You're becoming a force to be reckoned with, ashton.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI ??

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your dual, ISTp

Your mom is ENFp, the same type as you

They are a dual relations.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ashton might be closest with IxFp, which is what I'm leaning to as well.

/sigh. If my father is my dual, does that mean I'm destined to have daddy issues?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    /sigh. If my father is my dual, does that mean I'm destined to have daddy issues?
    Like an electra complex?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay so. He's conflict-avoidant and generally doesn't make waves unless he's pushed, but can get very frustrated at times.
    That is true of most Delta men; they don't like conflicts and Fe base types are very emotional so they make a lot of emotional waives, this is why they are the SLI's poLR;

Because of this, he never was really ambitious and had to be pushed into making more of himself, as it were.

Maintaining external affectlessness is something that Fe PoLR types are quite adept at doing.

Amazing at getting to know people and making small talk because he has an ability to adopt their lingo and manner of speaking.
    Si allows people to view these things and Fi activation allows them to get close to people.

Likes to try new things; traveling, cooking experiments, etc. Good with practical knowledge. A terrible liar. Can be gullible and buys into things like alternative medicine and is open to conspiracy theories.
    The health stuff is all subjective not objective orientation towards knowledge.

He and I get along in the sense that our humors are compatible and bounce off each other, but he likes to push my buttons and say things that are blatantly incorrect to make my Ti frustrated to troll me.
    LOL don't I know it.

My mother is an ILI and they get along well. She's stuffier and has a terrible time relating to others, so he smooths things over in that regard. They're not just comfortable with each other, but still very much romantically involved after a couple of decades of being married.
    Duals. What can I say.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Like an electra complex?
    Yeah, that's the one. I was trying to remember the female equivalent of Oedipal. This adds an entirely new level to intertype relations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think Ashton might be closest with IxFp, which is what I'm leaning to as well.

You must lack common sense all together. Duality is a comfortable, loving relationship. Why do you think it exists?

You make no logical sense what-so-ever. What daddy issues are you talking about. Dual relations are the best relations around; nothing gets better than duality.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You must lack common sense all together. Duality is a comfortable, loving relationship. Why do you think it exists?

You make no logical sense what-so-ever. What daddy issues are you talking about. Dual relations are the best relations around; nothing gets better than duality.
    Duals are strong in what you're weak in, right?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Duals are strong in what you're weak in, right?
    Your mother is weak in relating to people, so your father does it. Isn't that right? Why can't your brain relate that to dualism? GROW UP.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your mother is weak in relating to people, so your father does it. Isn't that right? Why can't your brain relate that to dualism? GROW UP.
    I just asked a yes or no question. I wasn't relating it to my OP. However, I'll assume that's a "yes" on your part.

My follow up would have been that your boyfriend must have a really big sense of humor to compensate for your lack of one.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I just asked a yes or no question. I wasn't relating it to my OP. However, I'll assume that's a "yes" on your part.

My follow up would have been that your boyfriend must have a really big sense of humor to compensate for your lack of one.
    Yes he does and that makes him my dual. That makes every LSE in the world ones with very big sense of humor; to compensate for my seriousness, my lack of sense of humor, so to say. That is part of their Fe role and I love them for that. I ignore Fe, isn't that obvious? I gravitate towards serious discussion, in short.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-28-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    -

TIM
    ILE, E5 so/sx, INTP
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must lack common sense all together.

You make no logical sense what-so-ever.

I'm just going to leave this here.
    ILE; INTP
    5w6 so; rcUe|I|;

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...He looks like the Filatova VI SEIs.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The visions tell me Si-ISFp

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She exactly understood what duality means, you're the one who doesn't get it. She called it "daddy issues" because if he was her dual, she may look for men who are similar to him as partners, because of the dual relation of their sociotypes. Females who have "daddy issues" tend to have a very close relationship with their fathers, so this comparison does make sense. Even if the whole statement was a joke.

EDIT: I'd agree with ISFp.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    Sorry if I'm wrong, I started using maritsa's typing system

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    The visions tell me Si-ISFp
    The visions and my shiny glass ball tell me somebody is going to die and I'm going to be the delivery guy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first impression from the photos was also SEI.

Oh and his wife looks Ej to me, at least in that one shot, so dont quote me on that.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phthalate View Post

I'm just going to leave this here.
    lol, I was going to do something similar, you beat me too it.

I agree with ISFP typings.

Marista is a HUGE neurotic dumbass.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Oh and his wife looks Ej to me, at least in that one shot, so dont quote me on that.
    That's my sister, not his wife. I guess the wedding dress and things confuse it up a bit.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    lMarista is a HUGE neurotic dumbass.
    I agree with your typing of Maritsa.

Anyhow, as for Fox's dad - he does seem alpha from pics and description.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I agreed with that at first, now I'm not too sure about her. Any other pics?

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    not sure fox, he *might* be isfp, but i hope you guys are not typing him that coz of that tractor (or is it a golf cart? )

anyway, alpha> beta xsxp. not much information to go by, so just a guess.
    lol I have no idea, that's why I posted this.

@Galen
    I have a few, but nothing very candid:

Edit: Just realized you were talking about his "wife", who is actually my sister.
    So in addition to the one just added above,
    My mom isn't a fan of cameras/pictures, but if you want more of my sister I guess I can try and find some of those as well.
    Last edited by FoxOnStilts; 11-29-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think XEI is pretty good. I have a few questions tho.

As far as practicality, does he apply this professionally or is it just sort of basic male around the home chores like fixing the toilet and mowing the law. I'm very good at mechanical stuff too and I'm a intuitive type but I think this is just my male expectations and logical doing. I prefer not to do anything like this professionally however.

Most of it applies to either of the XEI's imo. From the pictures you posted I think your mom was LII so SEI is probably a better fit. I thought she was LII from just the way you were describing it here. Stuffy, terrible time relating to others, etc, as well as the quality of their relationship.

Also your dad and brother could be easily be identicals althrough I typed your brother IEI and not SEI.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    As far as practicality, does he apply this professionally or is it just sort of basic male around the home chores like fixing the toilet and mowing the law. I'm very good at mechanical stuff too and I'm a intuitive type but I think this is just my male expectations and logical doing. I prefer not to do anything like this professionally however.
    Both professionally (used to be a respiratory therapist, which was hands on, now he's a manager of the respiratory department at a couple of hospitals, so he deals with and manages people and occasionally picks up shifts) and at home (he does outside "male" chores and cooking)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Both professionally (used to be a respiratory therapist, which was hands on, now he's a manager of the respiratory department at a couple of hospitals, so he deals with and manages people and occasionally picks up shifts) and at home (he does outside "male" chores and cooking)
    Ok, I think SEI is good. Still think your brother looks IEI.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...your mom looks young. Is your dad Greek or something? Armenian? Iranian?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree w Hkkmr....your dad seems SEI, mom prolly LII. Socionics introverts often get confused w the introverted type of the opposing quadra. How great for you to grow up in an alpha family! But even if your bro is IEI that's still pretty good family relations all the way around. Awesome.

At first I thought your dad might even be SEE what with that extra wide smile, he almost seems extraverted.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maritsa stop being a bitch. fox has been extremelY mature with You and You're acting like a preteen girl.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxius View Post
    Wow...your mom looks young. Is your dad Greek or something? Armenian? Iranian?
    Native American is closest we have and that's generations back. Other than that, german.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze
    Agree w Hkkmr....your dad seems SEI, mom prolly LII. Socionics introverts often get confused w the introverted type of the opposing quadra. How great for you to grow up in an alpha family! But even if your bro is IEI that's still pretty good family relations all the way around. Awesome.
    I'm still trying to read up on ILE vs LII relationships, because it was not super great on that side. I thought ILI maybe because extinguishment seems fairly descriptive, but I'm also biased in that regard. Looking up mirror stuff now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

does your dad get excited about things?
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going ahead and taking the pictures down now that I'm fairly certain of ISFp. I'm not sure how much my family wants their faces all over a random forum. Thanks for the help, everyone!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does your dad get excited about things?
    MUST BE TYPE-RELATED
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    maritsa stop being a bitch. fox has been extremelY mature with You and You're acting like a preteen girl.
    It was a test. You see, I figured if I employed infantile/archaic emotional reaction, she would react rationally. I don't know how I figured that, but somehow it worked.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a test. You see, I figured if I employed infantile/archaic emotional reaction, she would react rationally. I don't know how I figured that, but somehow it worked.
    Ah yes. And no one thinks you're just saying that to try and save face. You truly are a socionics mastermind.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes. And no one thinks you're just saying that to try and save face. You truly are a socionics mastermind.

LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast