Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galen's Type 2014

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Galen's Type 2014

I haven't posted here regularly in a number of months, and it looks like y'all have found a lot of new recruits. Make it happen, work your magic, ask questions and make fallacious assertions about my character.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

galen

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    galen
    Wow, you totally went in for the kill, didn't you. Talk about fallacious assertion on Galen''s character...
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and @Galen: you're Alpha En-Tee

poast an interview style video if you want me to specify which one

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen I could see you as an introvert, not the hugest of introverts out there but lightly tipping the scales in that direction. Not much more thought into this right now but worth mentioning.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default focus, people!

BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Anyways, since I expect the thread was made with the intent of generating constructive conversation instead of coming to a conclusion as fast as humanly possible, I'll refrain from saying anything too potentially conclusive right now, and I'll place my focus on overlooked aspects of the Enneagram. I believe the Lion King rests his paws on the 469 tritype and is part of a syn-flow stacking. I have left the tritype unpermutated, the stacking unspecified, and the Socionics type untouched.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Anyways, since I expect the thread was made with the intent of generating constructive conversation instead of coming to a conclusion as fast as humanly possible, I'll refrain from saying anything too potentially conclusive right now
    Well I mean you have a better understanding of my character (maybe???) than most on here, so you probably have enough experiential resources to draw from.

I believe the Lion King rests his paws on the 469 tritype
    I too have come back around to 469. I really need to get my hands on the only Tritype book that exists.

and is part of a syn-flow stacking.
    Still not really sure what this means? Like I kinda understand the conclusions it's trying to make as a framework, but I haven't made any real-world observations about them being true, or theorize what psychological underpinnings would manifest in a specific flow orientation.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen seems very much to be IEE. Kenneth is the new Maritsa.

Don't let him bully everybody into being retyped so that only goofy people are IEE.

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion View Post
    Evidence of non-goofy IEEs.
    2. Symbol r.gif Introverted Ethics

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly. In fact, IEEs will often choose to follow a very open and accepting life philosophy in order to reconcile his own views with those of others.

When interacting with others, IEEs are naturally aware of the flow of emotion present and strive to interpret meanings out of individual emotional states. When they feel they've realized an accurate potentiality of the cause of someone's behavior, IEEs commonly clarify their perceptions to ensure their understanding of another person. To actually aid the person in finding positive potential, however, depends on if the subject is important to the IEE (for example, they determine how close of a friend the person actually is to them).

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    How's your weekend going?
    Pretty well. Finished one submission to a remix competition, working on another one. My hands are cold though. Win some, lose some.

Any trips planned for this summer or this year?
    I'd love to go down to Southern California some time soon to see friends.

How is the music stuff going?
    Still chugging along. I got a cool contract gig with Disney Interactive doing sound design for games of theirs, but they just laid off 700 people so my projects are on hold for now.

Do you mind when people you don't know well make small talk with you?
    Depends on the nature of the small-talk. I generally try to be a gracious speech partner in any case, although it does end up draining me. If we're talking about a common interest like vidya games or whatnot then it's easier. But if we're dealing with a forty-something woman trying to tell me about Jesus while waiting outside a McDonald's bathroom I try my best to avert eye contact and keep my mouth shut.

I recall you typed IEE for a while but then have gone without a posted type in a while. Why is this? Do you feel IEE doesn't fit? If so, why not? Are you just curious what others think?
    Because I knew I was going to make this thread and didn't want to color other people's perceptions with a self-typing.

Boxers or briefs?
    I have none to give, sorry.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    It's okay, he's just depressed.
    you would be too if you were IEE

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    you would be too if you were IEE
    Sadness doesn't work that way, kiddo.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

played-out 4chan pic + unjustified horseshit
    Fuck off, troll.

Well I mean you have a better understanding of my character (maybe???) than most on here, so you probably have enough experiential resources to draw from.
    awee

Now that the IEE thing's flying around anyways, I'll come out and say it; I think that's the best home for you in all of the socion. Once again, another problem I have with words in general; "introverted" and "extroverted" carry meanings with them that, in Socionics, are extraneous at best and actively confusing at worst. In all forms of art alone, I'd consider your tastes to lean overwhelmingly Delta too. In addition to the Disney appreciation, what popped out very much to me was a particular picture you posted of, if I recall right, two figures on a phantasmal beach, or a desert; both of them had stretched heads, one of them was a yellow dog. The lines of the drawing were incredibly thin, and the facial expressions said everything by saying almost nothing above a whisper.

I too have come back around to 469. I really need to get my hands on the only Tritype book that exists.
    Awesome, there's a book? I wanna seeee

Still not really sure what this means? Like I kinda understand the conclusions it's trying to make as a framework, but I haven't made any real-world observations about them being true, or theorize what psychological underpinnings would manifest in a specific flow orientation.
    There is something vaguely insurrectionary about the contra-flow stackings in what I've found, something disruptive in a sense; I wanna get around to making a huge list. I have rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent as so/sp, and MLK and Salman Rushdie have been typed there as well. A sort of culture-warrior thing going on in this specific spot of the contra-flow ring. I gotta get some clothes on; just got out the shower, kinda put more priority towards this than the whole "getting clothes on" thing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck off, troll.

awee

Now that the IEE thing's flying around anyways, I'll come out and say it; I think that's the best home for you in all of the socion. Once again, another problem I have with words in general; "introverted" and "extroverted" carry meanings with them that, in Socionics, are extraneous at best and actively confusing at worst. In all forms of art alone, I'd consider your tastes to lean overwhelmingly Delta too. In addition to the Disney appreciation, what popped out very much to me was a particular picture you posted of, if I recall right, two figures on a phantasmal beach, or a desert; both of them had stretched heads, one of them was a yellow dog. The lines of the drawing were incredibly thin, and the facial expressions said everything by saying almost nothing above a whisper.

There is something vaguely insurrectionary about the contra-flow stackings in what I've found, something disruptive in a sense; I wanna get around to making a huge list. I have rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent as so/sp, and MLK and Salman Rushdie have been typed there as well. A sort of culture-warrior thing going on in this specific spot of the contra-flow ring. I gotta get some clothes on; just got out the shower, kinda put more priority towards this than the whole "getting clothes on" thing.
    look out, it's the "expert"!

(your "syn-flow stacking" BS sounds like something outta pod'lair )

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the Disney appreciation, what popped out very much to me was a particular picture you posted of, if I recall right, two figures on a phantasmal beach, or a desert; both of them had stretched heads, one of them was a yellow dog. The lines of the drawing were incredibly thin, and the facial expressions said everything by saying almost nothing above a whisper.
    I don't remember this image? Someone google image search it.

To be fair, there are only a select few works of the Disney oeuvre I particularly care for.

http://www.enneagram.net/products.html

Apparently the Fauvres own the copyright to the term Tritype, so every time you make mention of it you have to give them $75.

Hmm, I can believe all four of them as So/Sp. Same with cats like O'Reilly, Putin, Fred Phelps; same sort of culture warrior mentality. How would this apply to sp/sx and sx/so though?
    Last edited by Galen; 03-22-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, Galen. You are LSI.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp-Fi

look out, it's the "expert"!

(your "syn-flow stacking" BS sounds like something outta pod'lair )

baudelaire?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by severina View Post
    baudelaire?
    Many a flower has bloomed and spent
    The secret of its passionate scent
    Upon the wilderness profound.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many a flower has bloomed and spent
    The secret of its passionate scent
    Upon the wilderness profound.
    Whitman?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Galen seems very much to be IEE. Kenneth is the new Maritsa.

Don't let him bully everybody into being retyped so that only goofy people are IEE.
    absolutely.
    Actually ime, alphas tend to be way goofier than any delta. That said, I believe that some Ne-heavy IEEs can be quite goofy.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Actually ime, alphas tend to be way goofier than any delta. That said, I believe that some Ne-heavy IEEs can be quite goofy.
    Agreed. Even the goofiest Ne-IEE I've known doesn't match those of particularly emotionally-retarded ILEs I've known. The IEEs I've met are pretty secure in their sense of self to seek attention like that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Whitman?
    Baudelaire. But here's some Whitman for you:
    Gentlemen, look on this wonder!
    Whatever the bids of the bidders, they cannot be high enough for it;
    For it the globe lay preparing quintillions of years, without one animal or plant;
    For it the revolving cycles truly and steadily roll’d.

In this head the all-baffling brain;
    In it and below it, the makings of heroes.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Even the goofiest Ne-IEE I've known doesn't match those of particularly emotionally-retarded ILEs I've known. The IEEs I've met are pretty secure in their sense of self to seek attention like that.
    Concur.
    And Alpha humor in general is just way over the top goofy, doesn't appeal to me for the most part (though i did enjoy watching Jay Leno... gonna miss him).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

hahah wasn't meant to impress anyone it was in response to KC.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT KC FUCK
    I'm still stewing over the sp/sx and sx/so thing. I'm about two-thirds there on the sp/sx stuff, getting there on the sx/so stuff, and I'm gonna do some thinking and contemplation over the 4/5 area issue due to a post Subteigh made in the tritypes thread; one post-midnight bike ride to mull it over, and I've got a lot to say in a lot of places.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I changed my mind. You are LII.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nuuu we cant be dualz then

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nuuu we cant be dualz then
    We totally canz because I am ESFj now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galen,

My first impression of you on the forum was that you were very dry and to-the-point. Almost to the point that you were just simply boring and not open to any interesting ideas. Well, anything off the web that people post links to anyway. I notice you have a tendency to deflate things that could have a novelty/fun factor to them.

I thought you could have passed as a delta ST and every now and then, I wonder if you are, but I wonder if LII or ILI might fit you too?

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Galen,

My first impression of you on the forum was that you were very dry and to-the-point. Almost to the point that you were just simply boring and not open to any interesting ideas. Well, anything off the web that people post links to anyway. I notice you have a tendency to deflate things that could have a novelty/fun factor to them.
    Bleugh, I feel like I have a stronger stupid-meter than most people I know. Makes me wonder if I'm secretly E5.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleugh, I feel like I have a stronger stupid-meter than most people I know. Makes me wonder if I'm secretly E5.
    It might be stronger. What is your way of dealing with stupid when you encounter it? That might be where differences lie.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    .Evidence of non-goofy IEEs.
    2. Symbol r.gif Introverted Ethics

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly. In fact, IEEs will often choose to follow a very open and accepting life philosophy in order to reconcile his own views with those of others.

When interacting with others, IEEs are naturally aware of the flow of emotion present and strive to interpret meanings out of individual emotional states. When they feel they've realized an accurate potentiality of the cause of someone's behavior, IEEs commonly clarify their perceptions to ensure their understanding of another person. To actually aid the person in finding positive potential, however, depends on if the subject is important to the IEE (for example, they determine how close of a friend the person actually is to them). ..
    This is all certainly true of me.

Galen, as to your type, I have always thought your self-typing of IEE was most plausible. But I have not seen from you any long epistles about what you realized or your personal stories or explaining why you think a thing. However, maybe that's because you are a guy IEE and you expresses your IEE-ness differently. At any rate, Galen, there aren't any other types I ever thought you are instead.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS THREAD ISN'T ABOUT KC FUCK
    Hmm, This does not seem too IEE to me. As @Saberstorm posted from Wikisocion, IEE ".. rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings,...IEE ...will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions...tries to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings. He does this effortlessly...."

Thinking about what HandiAace said here,

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Galen,

I thought you could have passed as a delta ST and every now and then, I wonder if you are, but I wonder if LII or ILI might fit you too?
    Yes, you do come across as dry and to the point to me, too, Galen. I also think an alternative typing for you that seems it might fit is ILI.

y do u hate russell brand ?? =<<<<<<<<
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 03-25-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are we typing galen ILI again

please don't.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    At any rate, Galen, there aren't any other types I ever thought you are instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Hmm, This does not seem too IEE to me.
    That was easy

y do u hate russell brand ?? =<<<<<<<<
    Because he comes off to me as a cocky, disingenuous know-it-all

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN CHUTNEY View Post
    It might be stronger. What is your way of dealing with stupid when you encounter it? That might be where differences lie.
    Uh, depends on how generous and sociable I'm feeling in the moment. Most times if people are saying stupid shit I'll ignore it and let the frustration fester internally. When it builds up enough or I'm confident that what I'm saying is right, I'll pitch in my two cents. What happens lots of times is that people will say stupid shit, and I'll know it's stupid internally but I haven't prepared a counter-argument against it. So instead I'll spend some time developing my opinion in my head before I express the erroneous thoughts I don't even have.

I think my stupid-meter and my disingenuous-meter run in tandem. I have a pretty keen sense for when somebody is presenting themselves as inauthentic or brainwashed. The trouble though is that these senses exist almost solely on an intuitive level, and it takes a bit of work for me to verbally elucidate what it is I'm sensing.

he knows it all and is open to different views and i bet he knows more things than u do gameboy =<

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he knows it all and is open to different views and i bet he knows more things than u do gameboy =<
    He probably does, but that doesn't exempt him from being arrogant and cocky about it.

playing with semantics is fun i guess =/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast