Thread: Psych 101ing the forum members

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Psych 101ing the forum members

IMO your virture is that one strength you have that nobody can take away from you it's kind of like your true core self, what you're really meant to do in the world which tends to sometimes be the opposite of how you come across on the forum (or what your mind thinks of you), and your self-view of things.

I view Gilly's virtue as his ability to be modern and ground people to realistic society. Him? Yes, him, despite his narcissistic rants and his views about a lot of different philosophical topics, Gilly has a kind of natural way to lightning-bolt people back into reality and the society we're living right now.

I view Diana's virtue as her anger. There is a serious anger seething behind her surface. Her sensitivity is her greatest strength. Her power is not in force, but in the kind of genuine anger she feels, as a motivation for change in the world. Her power is not in self-defense like she thinks, but in guilt-tripping others.

I view Joy's virtue as her ability to genuinely introspect, and feel honest guilt. She ironically grows herself by feeling sorry for people and showing real empathy instead of bossing them around with PC Oprah pscyho babble. Once she shows genuine empathy, she gets the relationships she's always wanted.

I view BG's virtue as his heart. He binds us all together and makes us not kill each other. But a heart need not be a soft touchy play-doughy thing, as he has a lot of rage that he should take out on others more.

I view Numbers' virtue as his revenge and a genuine self-confidence that nobody can take away. His power lies in shocking and effecting and not mere entertainment.

I view Maria's virtue as her ability to stand out on her own and be very direct. Not implied, but direct.

I view Expat's virtue as raw emotional honesty, about his own emotions instead of his analyizations about things. "I simply feel angry." And leave it that, that's what his true self is always dying to say.

I view Hitta's virtue as equanimity, and artistic self-transcendence. Realizing that everybody else has felt what he felt, but doesn't make what he ever felt any less, Hitta becomes a powerful social role model for himself and others. He's a good, funny artist- but bad social commenter. His ego wants to make social comments and fight with people, but his true self wants to make art based on what he's feeling that brings everybody in the world together.

I view Allie's virture as economic power-housing. She has a knack for objectivity and sales. She hangs out with others a lot, but finds more fitting leading on her own.

I view Jake's virtue as raw power and strength, and making people go 'Ooooh' like in the sitcoms by genuinely expressing his anger.

I view Tom's virtue as expressing love and admiration for others. Of being more 'showy' and creative with his affections instead of realistically acting them out.

I view Joe's virtue as seriousness. An urgent sense of discussing what is important in his life, that he actually cares beyond his cutsey straight boy ego image. There's a sense of really wanting to help people that is very genuine.

Who'd I forget?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. How cheesy. I feel bad that I don't have a virtue, but that's just my personal complication at the moment. These are all very good.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BnD's virtue is to love people as much as he hates them, and, in the end, see them objectively because of it; he tends to take the stance of the persecuted one, but in reality, he needs people as much as they need him, and he knows it, so he goes right on doing what he feels like doing, because that's what we need him for.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I view Joe's virtue as seriousness. An urgent sense of discussing what is important in his life, that he actually cares beyond his cutsey straight boy ego image. There's a sense of really wanting to help people that is very genuine.
    You called me serious... It made me smile, not in a laughing sorta way but in a genuine appreciative sort of way. Thanks man.
    Easy Day

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, him, despite his narcissistic rants and his views about a lot of different philosophical topics, Gilly has a kind of natural way to lightning-bolt people back into reality and the society we're living right now.
    It's not so ironic, if you think about it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no virtues, bitches!

Dang, I feel kind of sly and sexy now
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

BnD's virtue is to love people as much as he hates them, and, in the end, see them objectively because of it; he tends to take the stance of the persecuted one, but in reality, he needs people as much as they need him, and he knows it, so he goes right on doing what he feels like doing, because that's what we need him for.
    Ooh, yeah! I like this.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view BG's virtue as his heart. He binds us all together and makes us not kill each other. But a heart need not be a soft touchy play-doughy thing, as he has a lot of rage that he should take out on others more.
    SHOULD??? Hypocrisy! Your post was beautiful in some respects, B&D, but don't do this to our beloved goat. You were trying to describe what he is like, not what he should be like...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who'd I forget?
    The rest of the forum

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who'd I forget?
    Me! Me!

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Me! Me!
    Brilliand's virtue is his ability to match his socks.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Brilliand's virtue is his ability to match his socks.
    Interesting...

...my socks don't match.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari