Thread: I think I may be the same type as this guy

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I think I may be the same type as this guy

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you identify more with WHAT he says or HOW he says it? (Or kinda both?)

On camera, the guy's got a jerky, hyper-focused intensity I often associate with LSI; but poli's case is a whole lot better.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Do you identify more with WHAT he says or HOW he says it? (Or kinda both?)
    Both. First I started identifying with the things he says, and then after having watched more of his videos, I started realizing that I think, reason and talk in a very similar manner; when I do care to talk and get deeper into things.

I also identify with a lot of the personal stuff he talks about. This vid, for example, could have easily been made by myself.

Though I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable airing it in public like that. Stories like that I find easier to share with friends and people I know, and even then I sometimes regret it because it leaves me emotionally vulnerable. But my point is, I relate to the way he talks about his experiences, and to some of the experiences themselves.

On camera, the guy's got a jerky, hyper-focused intensity I often associate with LSI; but poli's case is a whole lot better.
    I don't know what you mean by that, but I don't think I'd be any less focused when I talk. I don't see the "intensity" you speak of. He seems rather calm and laid-back to me.
    Last edited by Park; 12-06-2010 at 07:50 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did you delete your response, poli?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkster make a video of yourself talking about stuff for comparison.

Also this guy could be Te-ISTp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That guy's a dick. I'm SLI too, and a non-believer, but if someone wants to pray for me, wish me luck, or put a penny in the meter, on my behalf, God bless 'em.

I get his logical analysis, and his skepticism, but he's a little too intense for an ISTp (I hope).

Have a blessed day.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    but he's a little too intense for an ISTp (I hope).
    He's doing cocaine.

Cocaine subtype.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    He's doing cocaine.

Cocaine subtype.
    What do you think Absurd, Is he ISTp?

I don't think Parkster is as uptight as this guy.
    ISTp
    SLI

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

damn, i was going to watch these videos on the bus today but i forgot my headphones. i agree with cyrano's sentiments, but before being able to hear the other guy out i wouldnt say he's a dick based on holding the opposing view alone. the LSIs and SLIs i've personally known have all had more laid-back body language so between those two types that doesnt really tell me anything. based on visuals, i would agree that he has a sort of intensity, though.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm torn between LSE and LSI. he seems rational definitely at least.

i found this one interesting:

also his multi-tasking skills are impressive... i can't seem to do several things at once like that... and if i was talking at the same time, forget it, the food would end up burning because i'd forget it was there. it's really impressive, breakfast in 9 minutes... i never cook because i dread doing it, but seriously dread for 9 minutes seems silly. although i dread a lot of things that take very little time and it's really disproportionate.

anyway it does seem EJish to me though people who do several things at once constantly, while talking at the same time.

also you could call his traffic analyses Te-ish... for some reason i've gotten the impression that delta STs often end up emphasizing traffic safety and ways to make the processes run more smoothly where as beta STs are more likely to mention how they drive fast and their impatience with the "idiots" on the road and how they have to get their road rage under control or their risks in driving or how they inch up behind other people to get them to move or things like this (the competition aspects of driving).

this of course isn't some kind of meaningful anything (insert usual disclaimers about how any type can do anything, etc.).

his whole atheism thing and need to debate about it emphasizing logic and rationality and wanting to defeat religion via logic seems more Ti to me somehow.

he seems to lack all intuition... it's just pure logic and practicality or something.

also regarding the "i'll pray for you" video, i don't really know what to make of it... i mean he seemed to take issue with people just reflexively saying it because it's like they don't mean it (but people reflexively say a lot of stuff like "have a good day!" "good luck!" "how are you?!" so on). and about the whole "pray for people who need help more than me" thing, the point is that it's a sentiment that they're directing to him specifically (a sort of well-wishing). perhaps they don't feel directly sentimental about all the people dying and suffering in the world atm. and i don't think it's as simple as believing prayer works or doesn't. i doubt all religous people believe that prayer works with an 100% success rate and there are all these recycled statements like "God works in mysterious ways" and other things to try to explain why prayers weren't answered or why God let So-and-so die or such-and-such tragedy occur, and mentioning how it's all part of God's higher ineffable plan and we small mortals can't grasp at it and so we must simply have faith. and also prayer is not simply restricted to religion... people who aren't religious may pray... it doesn't have to be to a deity of any sort... it's an active conscious wishing inside one's head... as for whether or not it can "work" i would say that's probably a matter of "yes and no". can we consciously will things into being--to some extent we probably can... but i doubt "prayer" would be effective if it's empty and you don't really care about what you're supposedly praying for--they're just thoughts in your head that you feel obligated to pray about. also advising people to do something constructive rather than pray for him seems sort of extreme in that they were just saying they hope something goes well for him basically (i mean if i turned my small hopes into things like "i'm not using my hoping powers constructively enough, why hope things for a few people when i could hope on a massive scale and dream of world peace every day, constantly with my every thought and ounce of my being!" i think i'd go nuts... i mean seriously, that's really rather ridiculous).

and i thought the outback stakehouse example was bad in that of course if you know someone is a vegetarian you'll be interested in choosing somewhere to eat where you can both eat, but if it's a matter of one person being an atheist and one person being say a christian... should the christian have to censor everything they say just because they know the atheist won't appreciate it? i mean if i knew someone didn't like it if i said "i'll pray for you" (which i never really say that anyway), then i'd try to not say that at least out of consideration, but i can't and won't censor everything i say around people. although in real life i do tend to rather automatically not say things that i know will upset and offend other people i know when i know how they feel about it and how that isn't going to change, so it's more of an acknowledging how they feel about it... which is what this would probably come under to me. and that was probably more the point of what he was saying anyway.
    Last edited by marooned; 12-06-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj.

OK so I can relate to his rant about traffic, and he did a fair job cooking eggs (the toast should go into the toaster after the eggs are cooking), but driving at the speed limit?
    ISTp
    SLI

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What do you think Absurd, Is he ISTp?
    Not Ip. Logical (1)Ij, (2) Ej would be my guess.

I don't think Parkster is as uptight as this guy.
    Don't know, never met him.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like him, if that helps. I am religious, and I still like him a lot.

Though, that snake in the background in the second video...I kept imagining it getting out somehow and crawling into the box of Cheerios.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    he seems to lack all intuition... it's just pure logic and practicality or something.

and i thought the outback stakehouse example was bad in that of course if you know someone is a vegetarian you'll be interested in choosing somewhere to eat where you can both eat, but if it's a matter of one person being an atheist and one person being say a christian... should the christian have to censor everything they say just because they know the atheist won't appreciate it? i mean if i knew someone didn't like it if i said "i'll pray for you" (which i never really say that anyway), then i'd try to not say that at least out of consideration, but i can't and won't censor everything i say around people. although in real life i do tend to rather automatically not say things that i know will upset and offend other people i know when i know how they feel about it and how that isn't going to change, so it's more of an acknowledging how they feel about it... which is what this would probably come under to me. and that was probably more the point of what he was saying anyway.
    The point was, I think, that people should listen to what is being said to them, to learn and process that information, so that they can respond appropriately, instead of banging their head against the wall by saying (& doing) things that demonstrate their ignorance and/or stupidity. A big part of the point was that the concern that people show for other people's well-being is very often fake, upfront fake and lame to the point of getting annoying to process continually. He was saying that, if people wanted to demonstrate their concern and empathy, they should do it by showing that they care, instead of just wasting time with reflexive cliches that don't mean, nor accomplish anything.
    Last edited by Park; 12-06-2010 at 08:45 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj.
    You pulled that one out of your ass, didn't you?

but driving at the speed limit?
    I'll admit that part felt a bit stifling.

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Though, that snake in the background in the second video...I kept imagining it getting out somehow and crawling into the box of Cheerios.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, sad...

My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.

Same thing happens to me, usually.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Yeah.

Same thing happens to me, usually.
    Just because he stalks a girl at Arbys for seven days, doesn't make him ISTp, It just makes him a heart attack risk.
    ISTp
    SLI

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj sounds fucking good to me.

ISTjs are so annoyingly opinionated. My fucking god. His videos are just him complaining and calling people idiots while never taking a minute to shut the fuck up and think.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is that he does not ring ANY ISTp bells for me. He doesn't VI delta ST either. Also "War Room"??? And the choice of poster behind him suggests Se ego to me. Just a gut sort of thing.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, win

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this guy, lol.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't see SLI at all. Too edgy for it, try LSI.

That guy's a dick. I'm SLI too, and a non-believer, but if someone wants to pray for me, wish me luck, or put a penny in the meter, on my behalf, God bless 'em.

I get his logical analysis, and his skepticism, but he's a little too intense for an ISTp (I hope).

Have a blessed day.
    + a zillion, and a creepy bastard.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This guy is really Parkster?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    LOL, i liked this one too. I'm not totally convinced he's LSI. Not sure what his type is. He does seem Ni/Se-valuing. But he seems Ni-ego, dont you think? I'm thinking maybe LIE?

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    He does seem Ni/Se-valuing.
    How's that?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    How's that?
    It's sort of a gut feeling so hard to put into words--the edginess, the if-then sort of speak. Like i mentioned before, the poster on the wall and "War Room" on his door seem Se-valuing to me for some reason.

But correct me if i'm wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I often associate with LSI

a little too intense for an ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    ISTj sounds fucking good to me.

All I know is that he does not ring ANY ISTp bells for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I don't see SLI at all. Too edgy for it, try LSI.

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    This guy is really Parkster?
    It's his alter ego.

I don't know how some of yous got LSI for me. I know it doesn't mean anything but I am not a patient guy and would die of boredom talking bollocks on cam.

And, hey, I can count.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how some of yous got LSI for me. I know it doesn't mean anything but I am not a patient guy and would die of boredom talking bollocks on cam.

And, hey, I can count.
    It's your avatar and its creepy stare. Sorry.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way he parses his sentences in such a sharp, crisp manner kind of makes me lean away from SLI. Some xxTj, not INTj?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you typed yourself as LSI, at least for a while, although admittedly I was never really sure and I don't know if you're serious about typing yourself LSE.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but... the point of the Dr. Answers video is to find some random trollish person on Youtube who's obviously not exactly "with it" at least as far as I can tell and trounce him to death with arguments that he probably doesn't have a chance of countering (as he's not really "with it")? the end is like a smiling invitation into the lion's den.

also, just because he's a "Christian" doesn't mean he has to believe in following the Ten Commandments to a T (unless he said that somewhere).

although I still can't apply this to types... I think that PR has a large focus on defeating people in arguments that perhaps outweighs other things... like having a good logically sound argument and winning with it is possibly more important than the substance of that argument? it's about PWNing and OWNing people.

idk

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    It's your avatar and its creepy stare. Sorry.
    That's not me and you know it. I am more, I don't know, prettier. Anyway, we can discuss such matters over dinner. Just the two of us.

I thought you typed yourself as LSI, at least for a while, although admittedly I was never really sure and I don't know if you're serious about typing yourself LSE.
    I was typed LSI, not the other way around plus this thread isn't about me, unfortunately.

It's terribly serious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not me and you know it. Anyway, we can discuss such matters over dinner. Just the two of us.

I was typed LSI, not the other way around plus this thread isn't about me, unfortunately.

It's terribly serious.
    well then. i see.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only watched one video and about 3 minutes of it because my internet connection sucks, but I don't see how anyone could get ISTP for him. Possibly LSI but when I compare him to myself, he's a lot more intense. I don't think LSI or SLI.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but... the point of the Dr. Answers video is to find some random trollish person on Youtube who's obviously not exactly "with it" at least as far as I can tell and trounce him to death with arguments that he probably doesn't have a chance of countering (as he's not really "with it")? the end is like a smiling invitation into the lion's den.

also, just because he's a "Christian" doesn't mean he has to believe in following the Ten Commandments to a T (unless he said that somewhere).

although I still can't apply this to types... I think that PR has a large focus on defeating people in arguments that perhaps outweighs other things... like having a good logically sound argument and winning with it is possibly more important than the substance of that argument? it's about PWNing and OWNing people.idk
    Excellent points, especially the root of the issue in bold. That's what makes him Se valuing (if not Se-ego)... imo anyway.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent points, especially the root of the issue in bold. That's what makes him Se valuing (if not Se-ego)... imo anyway.
    yeah, i don't think i agree, either about them being excellent points or about them meaning Se valuing.

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to say INTj, but I am not real confident in that. Definitely a polarizing character.
    /

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i don't think i agree, either about them being excellent points or about them meaning Se valuing.
    Um...ok then why did you make them, and what do you think those points mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast