TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Traits of SF Gammas?

Hi guys,
    Wondering if anyone can get give me some feedback. I'd like to know if I am possibly an SF. If so, I would most likely be an ESI. For a little bit now I thought I was an IEE, but I'm realizing that I value and appreciate Se and being "present" so much. I get lost in moments and am upset because I feel as though people are "too good" for appreciating what's actually going on around them. I am always trying to move forward in life (trying projects, gaining different skills) and I'm also thinking this is an Se way more than an Ne way. This is also probably why I've felt vastly different than the rest of my family (who all have Ni egos). I am subtle and appreciate this in others, so I find that I am frequently overpowered by larger personalities. I remain largely understated because, frankly, I'm so bad at explaining myself to others and what I say always gets misconstrued. I'm also much more of an introvert but usually can play the role of an extrovert too, but when I do seek to express my Fi it is always through some physical way like making a painting, or writing music. People are always surprised and even scared at what I come up with, because it is so "uncharacteristically" dark from what they see of me on a daily basis. I am always surprised that they are surprised. I would definitely believe that I use Se. In addition, I have INFj friends and I am much more guarded about who I let in my life than they are. I also have such a soft spot for ENTjs, I find them so helpful (but this could also be because my sister is an LIE and we get along pretty well).

Wondering if you guys could just list specific traits? It would help a lot. I feel like I'm lurking around this forum putting my foot in my mouth so much at this point, but I'd regret not asking about this.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's summon the experts, @lungs @woofwoofl @handjob @Bertrand and @Adam Strange for the NT perspective

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @Chae

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first off, trying projects and gaining different skills doesn't go against IEE, it's even mentioned in one of the main type descriptions. Ususally motivated by boredom - what are you motivated by? So far it seems like you are motivated by your inner feelings - ex. saying you have trouble explaining yourself, this is common for Fi egos and especially Fi doms. Being subtle can apply to either; some ESIs are subtle and some are harsh, and IEEs can be quite subtle too, being the least extraverted extravert, typically. Being subtle is not an SEE thing, so we can rule that out.

So far I lean ESI, though your Ne seems greater than most of that type and I don't know you, so it's very up in the air.

The stereotypical things to look for are: do you enjoy pushing people around whether serious or playfully and seeing how far you can go, do you enjoy seeing how far you can go in situations in general or some sort of risk taking or adventure (Though IEE is Ep so there is a definite amount of this in them, too, and they're definitely more likely to be flexible than ESI), are you interested in cutting edge or nice or popular clothes or music, are you interested in things that are bizarre and deep and mysterious?

Are you stern with your relationships or are you more laid back and and/or use relationships to benefit you/your need?

How much do you value peace? How much do you value self improvement/climbing the ladder socially or career wise?
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I assume you've already looked at the ESI (ISFj) descriptions on this site. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ry/53-ESI-ISFj

FWIW, I think your avatar *could* be ESI.

First, let me say my experience with female ESI's is kind of limited. I have a few good friends who are ESI, but they are all male. I also work with two ESI's, also male. I know four female ESI's IRL, two ESI-Se's and two ESI-Fi's, and they are in many ways mysteries to me, in the sense that I can come up with a quick description of almost any type except ESI's. To me, ESI's are interesting in a nice way, and my interactions with them seem pretty much free of dissonance (from my perspective, anyway), so they kind of feel like "nothing". This is only going to be an impediment in my descriptions of them. However, I will give it a try.

Obviously, they are introverts. They look as if they are often lost in thought, especially the Fi variety.
    They tend to dress in dark colors, and take a very practical approach to work.
    They are very protective of the people whom they consider to be "theirs".
    They tend to divide people into two categories; Those who are "with" them, and those who are "against" them, but will not tell those people which category they are in, although those people may find out eventually.
    They tend to want to stay in the same places, and in the same jobs, forever.
    They don't like to hear about many possibilities (Ne). They like to consider one thing at a time.
    They tend to seek Te, which is basically facts about things, and will often say something like "You have to tell me (fill in the blank)", or "I want to know."
    I have heard several say "You have no idea what I'm thinking", which in my case is usually true.
    They look first at what can go wrong.
    They have a hard time predicting the future, and much prefer to focus their attention on the here and now.
    They are democrats (not aristocrats) and negativists and therefore proceed as if no one is better than anyone else until they prove themselves to be worse.
    They can be Artistic (in the case of the FI sub-types, perhaps with wearing jewelry on their fingers, wrists, or necks) or can be Athletes (in the case of the Se sub-types, who may participate in or follow for some form of sports).
    They can imagine many possibilities, but are reluctant to choose one, because they can't easily see the consequences of their choice.
    They are very sensible and practical. Many are drawn to Nursing for its immediacy, physicality, and practicality. Others are attracted to professions where they inspect documents to ensure that everything is legal and to prevent any future problems.
    They remember everything, because their duals forget everything.
    Their cups are always half-empty, because their dual's cups are always half full and about to get fuller.
    They don't forgive easily.
    For all their negativity, they can be very OK to hang out with (says the Dual). The LIE's job is to get them to lighten up. This is done (partly) by double entendre jokes and sardonic comments. It works best if the ESI is not looking at the LIE as the Devil incarnate.
    Did I mention that trust does not come easily to ESI's?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-27-2017 at 02:14 AM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@handjob I'm never motivated by boredom. It's usually through feeling incomplete in some way. I get motivated when I think of new career goals, new ways to support my image as a whole. I actually am rarely bored, I think that's a constant issue. I'm not bored, I'm usually overwhelmed by how much is always going on around me. I can never keep up with all of it. I get truly excited for things when I think of something that I can get inspired by that gives me a pathway for a future.

I do enjoy pushing people. I actually really enjoy it. But it's always serious, it's to help others reach their goals. It's force but out of love. I don't do it in a cruel way unless I feel like I have to to prove a point or to make someone learn something. I do test limits, I've always been rebellious and I do like to push boundaries of things. But I'm not into risk taking because I think I have VERY developed Ni and usually stay away from anything that could potentially get me into danger.
    I'm very into clothes but I use it as a form of expression, it is governed by Fi. I dress based on what I like, not what is necessarily popular. But how I dress does affect me drastically. To the mysterious stuff: yes yes yes, I look at everything and try to get deeper with it. People often think I'm dry because of it, and it's probably true.

In what way do you mean stern? I lose trust easily if that's what you mean. I have a huuuuuuge mental barrier between me and almost everyone, but if someone pushes past that they're getting a completely different human. If you betray that trust, I will leave for good. I am extremely guarded in the first place, so to even be a close friend is not easy (I'm not the easiest person to spend tons of time with). I don't use friendships any type of way, I think that if someone thinks I'm worth having in their life they will show that. I don't fight for anyone's attention, if I feel unwanted I will leave.

I value peace but not a crazy amount. I can put up with a ton of shit. I value self improvement but in the sense that I want to build myself up. I treat who I am as a brand in a sense. Don't care much about climbing up the social latter, I used to when I was younger though. If I want to improve myself I'll do it entirely for my own reasons. For instance, I bought a tattoo kit last year and quickly learned how to use the tattoo guns and started working on fake skin. I enjoyed it but once I realized that it required me putting it over other things at that time I dropped it.
    I'm always saving my energy for something else.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Yeah I've been looking at the pages for awhile now. I definitely don't follow the "housewife" stereotype and I'm so lazy. I will do kind things for those I care about, I'll definitely preform acts of service.
    Most of what you said is actually true. Especially the "with" and "against them" part. I have very few close friends who I tell close to everything to, and then everyone else. I do seek information from others and find that I am not going to naturally look things up on my own. I do enjoy people that freely share information without sounding condescending or judging me for not knowing something.
    It's funny because the sole reason I love creative pursuits is because I strongly believe that they are skill-based, meaning that anyone can learn how to do what I do. That is my favorite part of it, I enjoy art for the fact that it can be so unpretentious if you do it on your own and not for an outside approval. Working with your creativity is a skill that needs to be exercised, just like everything else. I also agree that I am reluctant to commit to a choice because I am so afraid of going down a path that I will decide later on I will not like. Because of that, I'd rather choose nothing. Yet I find that I never put my all into everything and remain unsatisfied because of this.
    Lolololol even the Dual of ESIs only think they're "ok" ???

Ok yes. I do need to lighten up. People are always saying that to me lol I take things way too seriously. Yes, the LIE guy I know really pisses me off because he's always joking about things and I am close enough to him that I can be a total asshole. I give him that devil look you're talking about quite often. But it's all in good fun
    Trust shouldn't come easy to anyone! Most people are only out for themselves

Do you mind telling me a bit about the female ESIs you know? The ESI-Fi subtypes. You can be brief if it's hard to explain them

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also I have no idea if this helps but someone once told me I look like this artist, Sevdaliza. I have the same bone structure and I just look a lot like her in general. I've been following her ever since and the stuff she says sounds eerily similar to stuff I would say. She also has similar mannerisms to me. I am fairly sure she and I are the same type.

Here's an interview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTwIZzSOc_U

A video of her in her song Human:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7SclAXoQw

Quotes that she likes by Neil Postman which I also like:
    "a population too amused by distractions to realize that they had been made powerless."

"
    entertainment has become the content of all of our discourse, so that the message itself is less important than the entertainment value of its delivery."

Also check out the Se in this:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BR0vriHBSMi/?taken-by=sevdaliza_

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk, a main social trait of gamma SFs is politically mediating the 'gamma bite' delivered by gamma NTs. A gamma SF will often really like internally light up like a christmas tree at something gamma NT said but they don't value Fe so they try to hide this and not comment on the attraction even though it's obvious they really enjoy what the gamma NT said, but because they are ultimately faggy feelers, they will cushion the blow for others. ESI and SEE do this all the time. I am not trying to say they are particularly overly nice or naive, not at all. Quite the opposite, they understand social power plays incredibly well but lack the intellectual nuance and precision to properly manuever others into place. In the end they are smelly gammas and loyal to gamma's NT narcissism above all else, but their Fi valuing makes them excellent at this political manipulation in social groups.

I admit sometimes as a beta it's annoying to watch them be two faced when in the end I know they are choosing the gamma NT side in a very realistic gritty down to earth way no matter how they try to smooth over other quadras with feeling froth... but its also hypocritical since all feelers do this in a sense. We are so much better at social manipulation generally speaking.

The alpha and gamma conflict is really interesting to me, it really is one of surface vs depth I think. The gammas want to just go so deep into things - the alphas smoothly sail on this kind of superficiality that works for them. Betas and deltas are somewhere in the middle.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Deep and heavy are not same things.

Just read some math book written by LII and you'll see it is extremely deep.
    To me gammas look superficial and heavy.

Semantical POV:

Deep usually carries characteristics of external descriptions qualities whereas heaviness is in the mind if we look external it is usually weight comparison. In a way deepness can disregard all human qualities and go into most abstract level. There was Big Bang. A solution for almost everything if we have enough computation power. Being a human is essentially very superficial as we are composed from matter.

Let there be group called deep. You know that you can look deeply into everywhere. However concentrating in one element of object in list of all possibilities disregarding all the others leaves most of the possible depths unexamined therefore if we measure deepness as some sort of distribution between superficial and depth the end result is superficial. However you also need depth in your search as well but concentrating on humanity or your own position is ultimately act of disregarding foundations.

Found thread on reddit
    {deep} = {non-obvious} ∩ {important}
    {fundamental} = {obvious} ∩ {important}
    {imporant} = {deep} ∪ {fundamental}

According to this I would interpret it as following: We all have different understanding of the world therefore we all have different sets of (non-)obvious and importance. Therefore deepness is subjective.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-27-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bullets Ok so from what I understood of it, I thought that the SFs were supposed to act as an aid to their communication. The Gamma NT would say something untactfully, the SF would come to the rescue and smooth it out because of their "protectiveness". I get a kick out of people that say offhanded things but usually when its unintentional. I enjoy people that genuinely are somewhat clueless in this way. I am very adept at smoothing over the rocky concrete. I could be totally wrong, but I thought it was more in this way. IMO, LIEs and ILIs rarely want to insult people (unless they're underdeveloped). They just suck at getting their point across. But once again, I could be totally wrong and just look past their manipulation? I also do call out my LIE friends and don't think I feed into their narcissism at all. I definitely have the opposite effect if anything, poor guys never are able to be cocky around me.

I can understand that as a Beta but I find that Betas are much more likely to use actual manipulation. This is just Fe vs Fi clash and based on where a person is actually coming from. Ti is just ensuring that their manipulation is coming from an impersonal place, which is just how you guys value it. There is nothing wrong with that, it's just a value clash. Fi ensures that what we are doing lines up with us, so while the manipulation can be present it is usually with a reason to help rather than harm (if the Fi is developed). The SF would choose the NT side ultimately because they would just happen to agree with their values/opinions more so its inevitable. They just want to make sure its tactful.

Once again, I could be TOTALLY wrong. Lol I'm not even sure of my type at this point. This is just how I've always read into their dynamic.

I think Betas can be deep too! I just think its for a more global change bc Fe is about "reaching everyone". Betas are politically inclined and care very much about the world, that shows a great deal of depth. Hope you don't think that's feely froth

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman in those videos looks extroverted to me?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Both being expected to represent a type & being asked to talk about myself in vague terms are awkward for me, so that's one thing.

I don't relate to feeling that people are "too good" to appreciate the moment. I'm often thinking of what needs to be done in the next five minutes or couple of hours myself.

As for moving forward with new hobbies and skills, I suppose I do this to some degree but it's not characteristic, and for me forward movement is a slow climb up a specific thing rather than collecting various skillsets.

The rest of the op is fairly relatable. I like your avatar, is it Alexandra levasseur?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both tend to: think that their road is the high one - moralistic; like things kept simple and practical; be realists and very much in the present; be somewhat rash when making complex decisions dwelling little on consequence; be physically oriented and somewhat theory averse; and, be collectors and rather artistic.

ESFp versus ISFj (which doesn't imply that the other lacks the trait): exploratory versus planned; jump in versus test the water; flirtatious versus sensual; challenging versus questioning; optimistic versus pessimistic; sometimes unthinking versus occasionally blind; and whimsical versus methodical.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    @handjob I'm never motivated by boredom. It's usually through feeling incomplete in some way. I get motivated when I think of new career goals, new ways to support my image as a whole. I actually am rarely bored, I think that's a constant issue. I'm not bored, I'm usually overwhelmed by how much is always going on around me. I can never keep up with all of it. I get truly excited for things when I think of something that I can get inspired by that gives me a pathway for a future.

I do enjoy pushing people. I actually really enjoy it. But it's always serious, it's to help others reach their goals. It's force but out of love. I don't do it in a cruel way unless I feel like I have to to prove a point or to make someone learn something. I do test limits, I've always been rebellious and I do like to push boundaries of things. But I'm not into risk taking because I think I have VERY developed Ni and usually stay away from anything that could potentially get me into danger.
    I'm very into clothes but I use it as a form of expression, it is governed by Fi. I dress based on what I like, not what is necessarily popular. But how I dress does affect me drastically. To the mysterious stuff: yes yes yes, I look at everything and try to get deeper with it. People often think I'm dry because of it, and it's probably true.

In what way do you mean stern? I lose trust easily if that's what you mean. I have a huuuuuuge mental barrier between me and almost everyone, but if someone pushes past that they're getting a completely different human. If you betray that trust, I will leave for good. I am extremely guarded in the first place, so to even be a close friend is not easy (I'm not the easiest person to spend tons of time with). I don't use friendships any type of way, I think that if someone thinks I'm worth having in their life they will show that. I don't fight for anyone's attention, if I feel unwanted I will leave.

I value peace but not a crazy amount. I can put up with a ton of shit. I value self improvement but in the sense that I want to build myself up. I treat who I am as a brand in a sense. Don't care much about climbing up the social latter, I used to when I was younger though. If I want to improve myself I'll do it entirely for my own reasons. For instance, I bought a tattoo kit last year and quickly learned how to use the tattoo guns and started working on fake skin. I enjoyed it but once I realized that it required me putting it over other things at that time I dropped it.
    I'm always saving my energy for something else.
    Sounds ESI Possibly 4w3, too

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Yeah I've been looking at the pages for awhile now. I definitely don't follow the "housewife" stereotype and I'm so lazy. I will do kind things for those I care about, I'll definitely preform acts of service.
    Most of what you said is actually true. Especially the "with" and "against them" part.
    I actually didn't figure this out by myself. I have been working with a guy for five years, and after about 3.5 years, I suddenly wondered if he might be ESI-Fi. As I said, I can usually type everyone around me in a few minutes/hours/days, but ESI's don't generate in me any of the frictions that I use to discern other types. He just seemed like "nothing". But then, that in itself eventually made me suspicious of his type.

So I asked him to read a description of ESI's, and he told me that he agreed with some things in the description and not with others, but one thing he very much agreed with was the "for us or against us" mindset. Which surprised me, because I never suspected that he had this attitude. I associate this attitude with Authoritarians, not with democrats, and he is politically very liberal. But maybe it has a different source than Authoritarianism. I've since cautiously explored this question with other ESI's, and they all seem to have it.

I have very few close friends who I tell close to everything to, and then everyone else. I do seek information from others and find that I am not going to naturally look things up on my own. I do enjoy people that freely share information without sounding condescending or judging me for not knowing something.
    It's funny because the sole reason I love creative pursuits is because I strongly believe that they are skill-based, meaning that anyone can learn how to do what I do. That is my favorite part of it, I enjoy art for the fact that it can be so unpretentious if you do it on your own and not for an outside approval. Working with your creativity is a skill that needs to be exercised, just like everything else. I also agree that I am reluctant to commit to a choice because I am so afraid of going down a path that I will decide later on I will not like. Because of that, I'd rather choose nothing. Yet I find that I never put my all into everything and remain unsatisfied because of this.
    Lolololol even the Dual of ESIs only think they're "ok" ???
    Well, really, it varies with the ESI. I'd say that "OK" is the lowest common denominator. I've never met an ESI that I didn't like, and I've met a couple whom I'd consider a LTR if our circumstances were different.
    There is one ESI-Se in particular whom I like. I was at her house to discuss some art that I wanted to buy, and she and I walked out to her horse-barn to meet her horse, and on that short walk, something magical happened to me. I could see her in the past, present, and future, and I liked that thought.

Ok yes. I do need to lighten up. People are always saying that to me lol I take things way too seriously. Yes, the LIE guy I know really pisses me off because he's always joking about things and I am close enough to him that I can be a total asshole. I give him that devil look you're talking about quite often. But it's all in good fun
    Trust shouldn't come easy to anyone! Most people are only out for themselves

Do you mind telling me a bit about the female ESIs you know? The ESI-Fi subtypes. You can be brief if it's hard to explain them
    I know three women whom I think are ESI-Fi's. One worked as a cook in a French restaurant in which I used to eat lunch, one works as a receptionist in a hotel, and one works in a bank. I don't know how well or how usefully I can describe them. I think I'm very poor at specific descriptions. I mostly notice the gestalt. To me, I notice ESI-ness in a way that is similar to the way I notice power relationships between people when I walk into a room. It is just something that I sense but would have a very hard time describing. Nevertheless,

Cook, with whom I would sometimes share lunch if she finished serving everyone: Quiet, introverted, kept her eyes down but noticed everything, wore colorful and off-beat jewelry, worked very hard, once criticized her boss but then told me not to ever tell her that she had. Suggested that we get an apartment together because she was "tired of paying rent", then when I said I was too old for her, she said she was just joking. But I don't think she was completely joking. Eventually she left the restaurant and then refused to respond to my emails. (I tried to hire her to do interior decorating, which she was excellent at.)

Hotel receptionist: I arrived at this hotel very, very late when I was super tired, and she checked me in. I noticed she was working on her laptop, so I asked her what she was doing. She said she was writing a book. Because most of my filters were off, I asked her if she expected to make a lot of money doing that? (Let me say right here that I grew up in an extended family of Te- or Ti-users, and feelers were looked down upon as being incapable of thinking. Bad, I know. But people can be happy racists if they never actually meet a person of a different race.) My comment was a snide allusion to impoverished writers and her probable future (ENTj's aren't associated with the word "asshole" for nothing), but she told me that she had six published novels and was working on her next one. Which totally shut me up.
    I've since been back there a couple times and have spoken with her, and I find her to be extremely easy to talk to. I actually arrived there very late again and expected to go straight to sleep, but found myself talking with her for another two hours just because it is so enjoyable. Talking with her is pleasant, but not magical, as it is with the ESI-Se I mentioned.

I met the one working in a bank when I was out of town and needed to sign some mortgage loan papers. She was working in the local bank when I walked in and set a bundle of papers in front of her and said, "I'm supposed to do something with these, could you take a look at them and figure out what is required?" She said, "I'm not familiar with this kind of thing, but I'll take a look." and she picked up the bundle, went through it page by page, marking as she went, then turned them toward me and said "You need to sign here and here and here and here and date this signature and this one but not this one. Initial in these places." I was extremely impressed by her competence and made up a reason to stay and talk with her for a while about my job and her ambitions. She really seemed to warm up to hearing about someone's experiences in different countries, and I was having fun, until I noticed that about six people were waiting in line behind me at her desk, so I cut it short and left.
    I was feeling pretty good about her, so when I discovered the next day that I needed to do something else with the papers, I went back to the bank, breezed in, and greeted her by name. She immediately gave me a look like, "How dare you presume to know me that well?" Which surprised me but was funny at the same time. I know she enjoyed talking with me.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-28-2017 at 01:57 AM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs Makes sense. Hmm are you an Se subtype or an Fi subtype?
    Also what do you define "vague terms"? Was I saying anything that seemed vague?
    I have a habit of that, which is another reason of why i considered myself an intuitive. I understand all of that definitely though, it is unnatural to talk about yourself outside of yourself almost.

My thoughts honestly are a bit more about how I see the world. Hmmmmm shdfiushdfi

And thank you! Yes it is, shes wonderful

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@handjob thanks for reading all my nonsense Yeah Im without a doubt an e 4

also wondering if you had a chance to watch the video and what you thought about it?
    Last edited by scio; 04-28-2017 at 06:00 PM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Wow. That was awesome to read.
    It's funny because what you describe as assholeishness isn't even bad.
    I love that last paragraph lol. I would definitely say something like that last thing, but I would make sure the person knows I'm being silly.
    Thank you for taking the time out to write that.
    ESIs sound awesome and I would be lucky to be apart of that grouping.

One last question (for anyone) :

Can ESIs be philosophical? I am known to always want to go into these dry topics and question things around me and relate it to something larger. This is why I think I have extremely developed intuition for a sensor if I am one. But this could also be because I grew up around intuitives, hence, why I think people are "too good" to be in the moment. It's this lack of in the moment attention that I find offensive; like am I not good enough for you to give me your personal attention?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@handjob thanks for reading all my nonsense Yeah Im without a doubt an e 4

also wondering if you had a chance to watch the video and what you thought about it?
    i did I thought it was interesting, I wasn't thinking much of type while I did but she is likely ESI/gamma.

lungs is Fi subtype btw, and 6 sp/sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@lungs Makes sense. Hmm are you an Se subtype or an Fi subtype?
    Also what do you define "vague terms"? Was I saying anything that seemed vague?
    I have a habit of that, which is another reason of why i considered myself an intuitive. I understand all of that definitely though, it is unnatural to talk about yourself outside of yourself almost.

My thoughts honestly are a bit more about how I see the world. Hmmmmm shdfiushdfi

And thank you! Yes it is, shes wonderful
    By vague I just mean listing traits instead of specific questions. Nothing wrong with asking it, or anything.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange Wow. That was awesome to read.
    It's funny because what you describe as assholeishness isn't even bad.
    I love that last paragraph lol. I would definitely say something like that last thing, but I would make sure the person knows I'm being silly.
    Thank you for taking the time out to write that.
    ESIs sound awesome and I would be lucky to be apart of that grouping.

One last question (for anyone) :

Can ESIs be philosophical? I am known to always want to go into these dry topics and question things around me and relate it to something larger. This is why I think I have extremely developed intuition for a sensor if I am one. But this could also be because I grew up around intuitives, hence, why I think people are "too good" to be in the moment. It's this lack of in the moment attention that I find offensive; like am I not good enough for you to give me your personal attention?
    Are you familiar with the written works of Theodore Drieser?

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs @handjob thank u guys so much for the input!

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey not particularly but I looked him up. His novels seem engaging
    Last edited by scio; 04-30-2017 at 02:29 AM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey @Adam Strange, sometimes you mention that ESIs make a very particular facial expression. Could you please describe what that expression looks like? You probably wrote about it somewhere but I couldn't find anything specific.
    I was wondering if I have mistyped a female LII for an ESI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Hey @Adam Strange, sometimes you mention that ESIs make a very particular facial expression. Could you please describe what that expression looks like? You probably wrote about it somewhere but I couldn't find anything specific.
    I was wondering if I have mistyped a female LII for an ESI.
    @Cosmic Teapot, that is almost impossible. I know it when I see it, though. I've seen it in ESI-Fi's a lot, and in ESI-Se's when they were thinking.

It would be easier to ask her if she would rather have a guy who obeys all the rules and is very respectable and can perfect things (EII) or one who can come out of any situation looking good by cleverly skirting some rules and is a great future planner who can make her believe in something (ESI).

Oh, wait, you said LII, not EII. LII's are emotionally flat-lined and very logical. ESI's are merely quiet and observant. LII's will make logical arguments, and ESI's will argue from their feelings. LII's will sometimes/often refuse to take responsibility for the bad things that happen to them, and ESI's will sometimes/often deflect responsibility by putting up straw man arguments which make little logical sense. Huge difference.

Or ask her if she's a positivist who wants to be healthy (EII) or a pessimist (negativist) who wants to believe in something (ESI).