Thread: TYPE MY EX-FRIEND

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TYPE MY EX-FRIEND

We were best friends for 12 years until she decided that we were no longer having fun together, (basically what she was saying is she's boring )
    anyways, I always felt like she was my benefactor, so I was just curious to see what you guys thought.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=an...=2048&init=ffs she's the first one listed
    Last edited by Morcheeba; 10-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say EII.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if that's the case then I have typed myself incorrectly or you typed her wrong,(she's the one w/o glasses) It always seemed like she had the upper hand in the friendship and she had a hard time listening to my point of view.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does make sense for her though, she is extremely ethical and expects you to see things the way she does, if not, then she gets upset. As smart as she thinks she is; she can be very close minded. She also likes to wear really dowdy clothes that make her look older.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    does make sense for her though, she is extremely ethical and expects you to see things the way she does, if not, then she gets upset. As smart as she thinks she is; she can be very close minded. She also likes to wear really dowdy clothes that make her look older.
    These are relations of major misunderstanding. Quasi-Identical partners can interact with each other in a more or less peaceful manner if both partners are Thinking types. If they are both Feeling types however, they are likely to have an argumentative relationship. Yeah, I can see we had these relations, she annoyed me like no one has before, it's ironic because we were so close, now I just think she's a bitch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'm Batman I don't know what her type is. Even Batman feels helpless when it comes to typing someone based on insufficient amount of data designed for typing purpose.

Batman's guess is EII. It's a guess, basically.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what else do you want to know? She's extremely clumsy, falls over her own feet any chance she can get. Tells me that I make too many generalizations and she loves to play devil's advocate. Works at an insurance company so that should tell you how sparkling of a personality she has. Just curious what other people thought, I think this whole typing thing is fun, especially when people don't know you are doing it to them.
    Should I ask Superman instead???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

w/ glasses EII
    w/o IEI

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    Although I'm Batman I don't know what her type is. Even Batman feels helpless when it comes to typing someone based on insufficient amount of data designed for typing purpose.

Batman's guess is EII. It's a guess, basically.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    w/ glasses EII
    w/o IEI
    actually it's the opposite, I'm an IEI, my friend is EII

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol 'now I just think she's a bitch'

Yeah I have those same revelations about people, my dear Identical. Often.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is absolutely a judging type, one of our biggest issues was the fact that I was usually not on time. She would get so angry with me to the point that it would almost ruin her day, it was ridiculous. Needless to say, when we stopped hanging out I had a sense of relief.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

She is absolutely a judging type, one of our biggest issues was the fact that I was usually not on time. She would get so angry with me to the point that it would almost ruin her day, it was ridiculous. Needless to say, when we stopped hanging out I had a sense of relief.
    sexy
    Last edited by Satan; 11-13-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she could be isfj.
    asd

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly doubt she is just because she doesn't have good command over her environment like a typical ego would. Like I said earlier, she is very clumsy which I think is more of an intuitive trait.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she VI's as a logical type. maybe LII? I figure if you were best friends for 12 years there must have been some bond ..lol semi-duals?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways, I always felt like she was my benefactor, so I was just curious to see what you guys thought.
    It always seemed like she had the upper hand in the friendship and she had a hard time listening to my point of view.
    Needless to say, when we stopped hanging out I had a sense of relief.
    actually what you describe sounds a lot like a contrary relation, so EII is probably more likely.

Did you find that when you two were together you were really good friends, but when you were out with others it seemed like she purposefully put you down and would give you a feeling of betrayal?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She really didn't put me down so much, it was more like we just got along alot better when it was just the two of us. I think we got along well because she is an excellent listener and she is very much a caregiver kind of person. It's hard to say what kind of relations we had, but like I had said before, when we stopped being friends I was surprised at the sense of relief I felt.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though it always seemed like she responded well to my , like she always gave me room for using that, but she didn't like , she didn't enjoy talking about anything really theoretical, that was something that I found hard in our friendship because it seemed like I always had to be "on" for her.

Actually, reading up on intertype relations, contrary seems to be the best fit, at first I thought this was a relationship of benefit but there weren't any arguments about either one of our inabilities so to speak, it didn't seem like anyone was gaining anything from the friendship.
    Last edited by Morcheeba; 11-03-2009 at 08:57 PM.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you say that it felt like she had the upper hand?

She really didn't put me down so much, it was more like we just got along alot better when it was just the two of us.
    By putting you down I mean what you said was never important, and you would have to watch what you say or risk her making you look stupid.

it seemed like I always had to be "on" for her.
    care to elaborate on what you mean?
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-03-2009 at 09:00 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, she really didn't appreciate my input that's for sure, my ideas or suggestions were not that important to her. God, talking about this makes me wonder how we did stay friends for so long! Anyways, what I mean by "on" is that I was the one that had to be entertaining and expressive, like she wasn't able to do that. I was the clown, she was the good listener, that's what it comes down to.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. I'm not certain, but EII seems to fit.

My best friend for all of highschool was LII and it was horrible. I didn't understand it. It was awesome when it was just us, but the more we started hanging out with other people the more he pissed me off. I felt confined when I was with him and other people. I slowly stopped contacting him until eventually we just stopped talking. I definitely felt relieved when we went our separate ways. Very frustrating.

Worst part of it was that our group consisted mainly of me LIE him LII a IEI and an EIE. So of course his Ti antics were supported by the beta NFs. Especially around him and the EIE.. I couldn't take it. it was infuriating.

worst part of it was that when it was me and the beta NFs we all got along very well, but when he was around... omg...

I hate contrary relations needless to say..
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes you wonder why you become friends with people like this to begin with. Of course, I think when you're young your type hasn't completely manifested itself so it's easier to become friends with just about anyone; once you get older and things are more solidified, that's when the holes start appearing.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was a relationship of benefit but there weren't any arguments about either one of our inabilities so to speak, it didn't seem like anyone was gaining anything from the friendship.
    Benefit relations are pretty pleasant. I'm good friends with my benefactor an IEE. We always have a lot to talk about. The problems we have are clearly on the Ni/Ne divide. She's always wanting to go and do random things, and I'm always trying to stay focused. I tend to criticize her for being unfocused and unrealistic, and she criticizes me for being "too logical" and being too focused and missing new experiences. But, she usually values my advice for her goals.. even though she doesn't follow it in the end... and she has an insight for people that I find really intriguing. Overall, a good friendship.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 11-03-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes you wonder why you become friends with people like this to begin with. Of course, I think when you're young your type hasn't completely manifested itself so it's easier to become friends with just about anyone; once you get older and things are more solidified, that's when the holes start appearing.
    We had common interests going for us most of the time, but I agree that it seems like I shouldn't have wasted the time. Too much unnecessary bullshit I had to put up with.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

LIE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

morcheeba it's kind of hard to say. you are IEI? you have EIE in your sig...which is it?

couple thoughts. first, 12 years is a long time for a friendship to last. so something was binding you together. second, relations of benefit are usually pretty good and if they end, it's gradually and without a big fuss or misunderstanding, since benefit partners don't typically misunderstand each other. with benefit i'd even go so far as to say that benefit partners have a blind spot for their partner's weaknesses, they overlook weaknesses as a matter of course.

you say it felt like she had the upper hand, that implies either supervision or contrary. i don't have a good feel for your type though which makes it hard to type the relation.

i recently had a friendship of about 15 years end and we were supervision partners. she was the supervisor. it ended pretty badly. i couldn't take the constant Fi. and she had problems that i could clearly see the cause of, but i was not able to help her. i don't think she felt helped by my help...rather offended. the relationship only worked when she felt like she was helping me, not the other way around. she was interesting to talk to and consider her perspective, but ultimately, her help was not at all helpful. and, as soon as i would get on any kind of equal level, she would try to put me down again. mind you i don't think she was trying to put me down, but her Fi so trumped mine that's how i felt. so in a way, it's not personal. i could totally see it coming, too. i tried to stop it but i couldn't.

it made me realize that not all friendships are meant to last. people are there for you during certain intervals for a reason, once that time is up, it's time to move on.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    morcheeba it's kind of hard to say. you are IEI? you have EIE in your sig...which is it?

couple thoughts. first, 12 years is a long time for a friendship to last. so something was binding you together. second, relations of benefit are usually pretty good and if they end, it's gradually and without a big fuss or misunderstanding, since benefit partners don't typically misunderstand each other. with benefit i'd even go so far as to say that benefit partners have a blind spot for their partner's weaknesses, they overlook weaknesses as a matter of course.

you say it felt like she had the upper hand, that implies either supervision or contrary. i don't have a good feel for your type though which makes it hard to type the relation.

i recently had a friendship of about 15 years end and we were supervision partners. she was the supervisor. it ended pretty badly. i couldn't take the constant Fi. and she had problems that i could clearly see the cause of, but i was not able to help her. i don't think she felt helped by my help...rather offended. the relationship only worked when she felt like she was helping me, not the other way around. she was interesting to talk to and consider her perspective, but ultimately, her help was not at all helpful. and, as soon as i would get on any kind of equal level, she would try to put me down again. mind you i don't think she was trying to put me down, but her Fi so trumped mine that's how i felt. so in a way, it's not personal. i could totally see it coming, too. i tried to stop it but i couldn't.

it made me realize that not all friendships are meant to last. people are there for you during certain intervals for a reason, once that time is up, it's time to move on.
    Initially, when I first started looking into socionics I thought I was IEI; but now that I know more about it, I realize that I am EIE. My friend is EII; I figured this out by the intertype relations and better understanding of her motivations.We didn't even have similar interests; we liked different settings. For instance, she is big into nature, which is in my opinion seeking, I could give a crap about nature in general, I always wanted to be in bigger cities around many people, noise, excitement, and that didn't appeal to her. I'm not sure as to why our friendship went on as long as it did, but we always had issues but somehow found common ground in some areas but I think it's just because we are both NF. I'm sure I annoyed her with my lack of input, and her always pissed me off in the worst way. Anyways, like I said before, I am much happier without her in my life.