Thread: How do you instantly recognize an ILE/ENTp?

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How do you instantly recognize an ILE/ENTp?

Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Extreme goofiness and impropable colours/clothes matches.
    Seems like a stereotype but it always works for me.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let me tell you how I should have recognized an ILE I was supposed to work with. Dude contacts me and wants me to write a short bio of Senator Rand Paul. He presents an awesome plan ("vision") for all the stages of the guy's life that he wants covered. I start researching and realize there are basically no sources anywhere except for general public info on the latest activities of the guy. I try to contact the guy on his site to ask for more (perhaps his dad wrote some articles on his early years and published them somewhere?). Not a successful attempt. I tell the dude that we probably have to give up on the project, because it's not doable. He listens to me, sighs, and agrees.

Otherwise (in more"casual" contexts), look for goofy jokes, extremely fluctuating behavior that kind of makes no sense (except perhaps to themselves only? or at least that's how they rationalize it). Look for some good entertainment skills (with lots of Fe mirroring and "connecting" while Ti works in the shadows); rants about life on Mars and other potential worlds; rampant fantasmagorical suggestions on how you could change current reality (altho it works and u'r totally pleased with it).

... but nah they're cool. I was fairly good friends with an ILE in my teenage. She could do stuff like bursting in front of other people in a queue with flair just to prove that she can and doesn't give shit about "social conventions". Or if she happened to know the password from a "friend"'s yahoo address (don't ask me how ..apparently it was info shared out of trust), she could log in and write funny (and relatively plausible) e-mails on that person's behalf to crush, sis etc.
    Last edited by Amber; 03-18-2015 at 12:07 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Their sexual courting style tends to be kind of passive/babyish, they need a lot of more perverted suggestions from others in order to feel more comfortable with kinkier stuff I've noticed. Compare an LIE man with an ILE man and the LIE man is just going to come across as more traditionally male-aggressive.

They will tend to move around talking about a bunch of externals, rapidly changing topics. This can vary depending on the ILE, but- they value Ne not Ni and it's just a lot more like external sounding, then analyzing something in depth. Though if they are around an IEI/SEI this changes a bit.

Fi polr so they are durrrr interpersonally speaking. They often have good self-awareness about this though. This includes a lot of stuff like offending people socially & personally, but not necessarily meaning to do so. However, sometimes it's intentional especially if the ILE is having a bad day. They will troll and challenge people like a big baby.

They are naturally drawn to sweethearted mediating types, SEI are their duals after all.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

also it's interesting to watch how the entp's Ne-ego and Te-demonstrative complement one another. It really goes hand in hand and flows very rhythmically together.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always tell when there's something on an ILE's mind, because they're wearing a hat.

Killed it.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stay clear of them

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird hair or sth not quite right with clothing like mismatching items, smn losing things such as gloves, umbrellas etc.
    Smn speaking in metaphors, twisting words. Wordplay that can crack people up but sometimes gets too abstract like there's a missing link and some comment seems to come out of the blue.
    Smn acting silly, goofing around a little childish when in a good mood.
    Smn who enjoys watching cartoons way beyond primary school age, laughs loud at inappropriate moments, breezes through above average math classes, when joking around says sth strange and looks genuinely surprised when getting a backlash, loves outlandish discussions, has bursts of creativity often changing fields of interest, can spill options out of a hat.

More or less this. That's of course not exhaustive nor only exclusive to ILEs but combined can be an indicator...
    Last edited by aisa; 03-19-2015 at 01:11 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They ramble rationally about nothing, or they try to become a masculine ideal by bodybuilding, making money and learning pick-up while still coming off as campy. Most of them have the same sense of humor, voice cadence and debate style. They condense everything into one neat little package that's supposed to make you think differently about life.

Last edited by suedehead; 03-19-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, witty, raise their voice very noticeably when explaining something. Pretty adorable actually.

Watch out for unbalanced EIEs that try to project themselves as ILE (or LIE) though. There's many of those.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Funny, witty, raise their voice very noticeably when explaining something. Pretty adorable actually.

Watch out for unbalanced EIEs that try to project themselves as ILE (or LIE) though. There's many of those.
    I think the video linked actually are EIE's/Beta NF's vs ILE, or some sort of Beta NF, the first guy is like Hitta. The 2nd guy is like your typical EIE PUA guy.

Some common traits about ILE are

Foodie
    Messy asymmetric attire while still trying to be attractive, females can be quite well dressed but still uncomfortable in their clothing
    Self deprecating humor which is like a sort of caretaking invite

Glam showed me this ILE and you can see all of that in him, he's also a foodie, on the set of black books all he did was talk food with his SXI costar Bill Bailey.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imo this first PUA guy Owen seems like SLE e6 sx last and this other PUA guy Todd seems LIE.
    Agreed on Dylan Moran, he's probably ILE, reminds me of a colleague from high school.
    Here's a younger vid of him:

Also Jeff Bridges is ILE imo. Married to a likely Beta NF (Susan Geston Bridges):

Marina Diamandis is a likely female ILE probably e3:

Also this youtuber talking about MBTI is probably a female ILE:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instant clues? If you have few minutes to waste:

Get very personal with me and I become the most awkward human being (if I can be called as one) on this planet. You will get very positive response with light impersonal teasing.
    Start a conversation (pick your topic that will spark up their interests) in proximity and look for strange divergent thinking and comments.

I think some clumsiness and spaced out behaviors are very good signs as well. Very bad body control. Walks sluggishly (I'm very extreme). When he is mobile probably bumps into things/people especially when he speaks or gets an idea out of nowhere.

Tell them how sporty and muscular they are. ILE response is probably very baffled stare. I know an ISFp-Fe who tried that one on me (I was in very worn out state). I don't know why but it most certainly didn't work as I'm not any of those things... quite the opposite actually.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-21-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    They ramble rationally about nothing, or they try to become a masculine ideal by bodybuilding, making money and learning pick-up while still coming off as campy. Most of them have the same sense of humor, voice cadence and debate style. They condense everything into one neat little package that's supposed to make you think differently about life.

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    you picked particularly douchy guys from the PUA scene
    RSD is one of the groups that kinda simplify the stuff too much imho, might be indeed ILE's though.

((second clip is strong in content but I dislike his robotic attitude, talks a bit too fast too..... ))

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post

((second clip is strong in content but I dislike his robotic attitude, talks a bit too fast too..... ))
    I had an EIE use a similar tactic on me and it worked. :/ BUT he had lots of charm, was very attractive, not as wordy, and was smooth about it. I personally could not see this guy being successful with me but maybe his duals like it.

And that is the story of how I ended up with two boyfriends that hated and wanted to destroy each other.

I am less naive now than I was then. Being in multiple, simultaneous, relationships sucks the life right out of you.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How to recognize an ILE + SEI
    Last edited by Pink; 07-07-2015 at 10:22 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post

How to recognize an ILE + SEI @mu4
    Pretty much. Like seriously sei, go do that shit you want ffs

As an ILE I can give some baseline pointers for peeps my age (20-25ish)
    1. Colourful clothes makes us happy so we wear it. I kinda learned the colour wheel so I match
    2. Look for brightness over dishevelled, I clean up pretty good
    3. I've noticed theres a big market for Alphas wearing comical or geeky clothes in general, Cthulu puns, superhero shirts
    4. Most ILE hunch, because like I never notice my body ever. Always super awkwardy.

Bonusmode (you see them more than once)
    5. Change/Drop/Find New hobbies randomly in a biweekly cycle.
    6. Lots of crazy ideas for things to do.
    7. Dat fi polr
    8. Pretty lazy (not really lazy, but up there)
    9. Really curious, get inspired by really really mundane thingies.
    10. Actually NT, will research the shit out of shit, so you know it's not some bs NF.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How to recognize an ILE + SEI @<a href="http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=975" target="_blank">mu4</a>

Same as the strip

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bug eyes
    Beak-like nose
    Rambling
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Bug eyes
    Beak-like nose
    Rambling
    LOL that does describe a suspected ILE I know IRL (except rambling maybe, or maybe i dont see it as rambling. English is his 2nd language so that could also be why; he has a thick accent)
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Bug eyes
    Beak-like nose
    Rambling
    First thing that came to mind:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How to recognize an ILE + SEI
    I thought of IEE-SLI immediately when I saw this, because this is what my friendship with a Ne-IEE guy has been like.

Me: "So I've finished with the essay ... do you want to see it?
    Him: "Why didn't you tell me about this before! You should write a book next!!!"

And so with every little thing I would tell him- he would blow it up into something of major potential that involved some of my skills, which left me a bit perplexed ... until I remembered the Delta duality descriptions first paragraph about how IEEs notice people's talents (but may exaggerate) and how receptive SLIs are to these kinds of compliments and was like "aha! so that's what he's doing". I can see how this would be very inspirational for an SLI.

ILEs share the "program" Ne with IEEs, but ILE's Ne is tied to Ti-creative/Te-demonstrative rather than Fi, so I found their advice to be of a different nature, more logical rather than about unraveling personal talents and character potentials.