Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just type me pls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default just type me pls

Hello guys, new member here.
    Sorry I didn't post in the "introduction" section, but what would be the point anyway, since I'm introducing myself here.
    So long story short, few months ago I was introduced to MBTI, took the test, got my type, though it fitted pretty well, life was beautiful.
    Then I started to research the topic, discovered tests were useless, started doubting my type because you know, "this type may fit better after all", discovered socionics, researched even more, discovered just how much more complex socionics is with respect to MBTI, took a number of tests from different sources, discovered enneagram, started to doubt between 5-6 typings, and now my life is miserable .

I basically realized that to get out of this rut and be satisfied I would need to study socionics for an amount of time that at the moment I do not posses.
    So, what can help me, I think, is some fresh outside perspective which could ease my pain while I study the subject further .

I think it would be more interesting, for me and perhaps for others as well, if I just answer a questionnaire and talk about stuff, and only after receiving (hopefully) some feedback discuss about socionics or say what I think my type might be.
    So, without further ado:
    Member Questionnaire 1 (BIONDO)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is perfection. Now clearly perfection is just a concept, to have any meaning in the human world it must be relativized. So beauty is what works perfectly/very well for the intended purpose.

Love is a a feeling of biological origin that us mammals posses in order to cooperate, procreate, ensure the survival of the species, this kind of stuff.

What are your most important values?
    To conquer this fuvcking world

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I am not religious in the traditional sense, I refuse to believe on something because someone tells me or because it's written in a book. I am spiritual in the sense that I want to explore what is not known, but it has to either have an "experiential" nature or a practical utility of some sort. Basically I am not interested in your theories about life after death because in the end I will never know if they hold any truth or not until I die, and by then, well by then I will have my answer anyway. Now things are different if you can show me what's life after death like somehow (that would be the most interesting thing ever), or if your life philosophy can improve my life before death by giving me concepts through which I can approach things in more effective ways, be happier, etc.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I do not have any opinion on war, I think war is as old as men itself. When you go to the grocery store and see people fighting for their place in the line, that there is war, on a smaller scale. It's just aggressiveness that is intrinsic in humans, animals, probably life itself is aggressive in that it destroys the inanimate nature of the matter. Anyway, nothing can be done about it, it's just part of us.

Power is when you control your environment more than your environment controls you.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I always enjoy a good discussion about politics. I also love when people teach me about something I am interested in, or talk about places I'd like to see. One area that I talk about a lot lately are relationship, I think I tend to ask for advice because I am not very good at understanding other people, so I want to know how people view mutual friends, what do they think of their relationship, etc. That's why I'm here I guess, to understand myself and others.

And of course I like to talk about sports! I'm not very serious most of the time. I like to tease people and crack stupid jokes. Most of the time I enjoy interactions just for the sheer emotional exchange, you can always come to me and tell me whatever you like. I like small talk.

My interests are socionics and whatever can improve my condition and that of those close to me, so for example i follow finance and try to make some small trades on occasion, I am interested in nutrition and healthy lifestyle, technology, I read a lot of books about self-improvement... Now the follow up on those things is not always great but I try to get the benefits... I am not interested in the secret life of Madagascar bats...

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I am a medicine student so ehem, I don't actually have choice

I am in a medical condition since many years due to a surgery that went bad, basically I have quite bad back problems that I try to fix exercising regularly and keeping an healthy lifestyle. I personally believe that health is the most fundamental thing in life and that we should do our best to preserve it.

What do you think of daily chores?
    Well I'm not delighted by them but I like the feeling once it's done plus the order and cleanliness.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Fight Club, Big Lebovsky, Battle Royale, Fragments of an unknown teaching.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I cried the other day after probably 15 years, dunno why. I find a lot of things in this life funny and smile very frequently.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Alone in the night on a sailing ship adrift the ocean, staring at the moon.

More commonly, at the park after the LSD trip.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Slowness, slackness, indecisiveness.
    About myself I dislike the fear of not being able to keep up with the perfection in my mind.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Intelligence.
    About myself I like the fact that when I fall, I stand up and try harder.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    The concept of wanting help from others feels incredibly alien to me, I believe I'm the only one capable of improving my situation.
    If I could instantly improve some areas of my life, they would be health, independence, ability to better control myself, ability to make better use of my time, improved social skills.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I feel stuck in a rut anytime I cannot do thing by myself and must depend on others. I dislike that feeling.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like honest, direct people with a good heart. I like people that you can bond deeply with.
    I truly dislike meaninglessly aggressive people, liars and whoever tries to emotionally manipulate me.
    I have no idea which types I go along with.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Sex I like.
    Romance I like as well, problem is for me can be hard to trust the partner.
    Qualities I look for are the same, an honest good natured person that I can bond deeply with.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Dear son, this is a tough world. Grow up strong and don't let anybody step on your toes.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Outwardly I may aggressively try to correct his point of view if I am totally sure of mine, the subject is relevant and I consider him of sufficient intelligence to understand what I'm saying. If I'm not sure of where reality stands or if the subject is of low importance I would probably discuss it in a light hearted way. If he's not intelligent enough I won't bother.

Inwardly I rarely get emotional about opinions, I may think he's stupid or that I do not understand him.

On the other hand I am very sensitive about ACTIONS that I consider wrong or disrespectful towards me or people I care about.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    This is a funny question since I always had weird beliefs that are more or less inconciliable with what is commonly accepted by society. I see people as a part of a more complex system, we all follow the rules of this society but many of us do not acknowledge that those are indeed rules, not truths. They surely live happier but I can't help myself but question: where the truth lies? Just to make an example, they tell you that you should eat grains, bread, pasta and the likes, but where this food comes from? Why it is even food for us humans? Before the invention of windmill for sure we were not picking up grains and eating them raw, and biologically speaking we are no different than men were back then. So what was not food back then, is a food now? I am not saying that grains are evil and will kill you, what I'm saying is that people do not even question what they stuff into their mouth the whole day. Same with religion, I have no problem with it, if anything I think it covers a great social need, problem is, people either believes it because it is the truth, or hates it because it's old and outdated. But how many actually read the bible and THINK about what they are reading? Anyway, I'm rambling.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    You can't really choose friends, you get what life gives you and consider yourself lucky if you get a few true ones you can trust.
    Acquaintances I do not choose either, I go by gut feeling..
    My behavior for the most part stays the same whoever I'm with. I crack jokes, I'm rude, very blunt and honest and I almost never lie. Some will like me, some will hate me.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Depends on the stranger. I will observe them and get a gut reaction, that can range from very warm to very aggressive with anything in-between.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te + Si? maybe Fe... but you look more like Fi seeking.

hi Biondo!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp according to Reinin calculator

1zpoe2c.png

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever had legal or criminal trouble as teenager or adult?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Sol! I will try to make a video soon, I'm under exams atm but should find time in a couple of days.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Have you ever had legal or criminal trouble as teenager or adult?
    are you testing him for antisocial personality disorder?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Te + Si? maybe Fe... but you look more like Fi seeking.

hi Biondo!
    Hey ooo

You think I show Te? interesting... i though I was more Ti.
    Also Si is a remarkable suggestion I have to say! I never took SLI seriously due to me being used to the MBTI equivalent or "the duty fullfiller", that I absolutely do not identify with. But reading the socionics description is actually very different and may fit very well!
    I honestly thought I was an intuitive... Because I interpreted intuition as some sort of deep understanding of things. When you strip a concept to the bare bone essentials in order to apply it to a moltitude of situations. However this may actualy be involutionary thinking... Reading one of the links Sol provided I am starting to realize that intuition is when you don't know if you are right or not but you BELIEVE things will turn out the way you perceive them to be, while sensors would usually not make any assumptions in the first place because they only believe what they see.
    Gosh I'm on a rush, I hope what I wrote made sense

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello falsehope and teapot!
    Lmao I'm not antisocial
    I was caught once with pot, but it had no legal consequences
    Also when I was young I used to steal things from shops (only multinational corporations!! Robin Hood-like) but I never got caught =)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    ESTp according to Reinin calculator

1zpoe2c.png
    Hi Dee!
    SLE-Ti is what I always get with socionics tests. I think it may be. Only thing is, you know when you go to the barber shop or some other place where testosterone level is generally high, and you see all those strong Se people.. I mean they just SWIM in reality, it's like they are constantly showing off. I'm like them, but not quite. Less in your face, also my interest in telling people what to do is generally low.
    Dichotomies-wise I'm not sure I get all of them, but I especially identify with constructivism and involutionary thinking. Do you think I am negativist?

Thanks to everybody who took the time to answer!

EDIT: ok friends, was reading another thread and SLI was labeled "stone wall" due to Fe polr. If so I can't be, I'm very excitable most times.
    Last edited by Biondo; 06-17-2018 at 06:33 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Biondo why do you want to "conquer this fucking world"? What does that entail?

If you find aggression natural in general, what do you find "meaninglessly aggressive" behaviour?

"MBTI equivalent or "the duty fullfiller", that I absolutely do not identify with"

Absolutely not? Why not?

Overall what's for sure so far: you are a T/Logical type (needing F/Ethics advice). Probably ST>NT. I saw hints of two-dimensional Ni, but not sure on that one & You don't give me a SLE impression overall so far, but I could be wrong there.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biondo View Post
    Hey ooo

You think I show Te? interesting... i though I was more Ti.
    Also Si is a remarkable suggestion I have to say! I never took SLI seriously due to me being used to the MBTI equivalent or "the duty fullfiller", that I absolutely do not identify with. But reading the socionics description is actually very different and may fit very well!
    I honestly thought I was an intuitive... Because I interpreted intuition as some sort of deep understanding of things. When you strip a concept to the bare bone essentials in order to apply it to a moltitude of situations. However this may actualy be involutionary thinking... Reading one of the links Sol provided I am starting to realize that intuition is when you don't know if you are right or not but you BELIEVE things will turn out the way you perceive them to be, while sensors would usually not make any assumptions in the first place because they only believe what they see.
    Gosh I'm on a rush, I hope what I wrote made sense
    Daw, I reread the questionnaire and now can see the Se, I guess it was the med school that swayed me. I was unsure with N too, because of the politic interest and the live and let live attitude, but then the latter can be a P sign over a J one. Anyway. A SLE-Ti should look more like their quasi or their look-alike. I can see that better now... also you remind me a bit of @niffer now

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Daw, I reread the questionnaire and now can see the Se, I guess it was the med school that swayed me.
    ?? Only Si egos go to med school?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    ?? Only Si egos go to med school?
    They make sexy nurses.

No, silly, it's that the job revolves around taking care of one own's body... that is, if one's to do what one finds attunement with. He says he pretty much talks about it often because that's what he studies, so I thought that could be a Si sign. tsk

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

They make sexy nurses.

No, silly, it's that the job revolves around taking care of one own's body... that is, if one's to do what one finds attunement with. He says he pretty much talks about it often because that's what he studies, so I thought that could be a Si sign. tsk
    Depends what aspects he discusses... it involves more than just Si information, you can actually skip direct discussion of that part pretty well. XSIs are very good at taking care of such stuff even though they are not Si valuers... still strong Si that can be utilized in a non-conspicuous manner.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medicine is not very difficult subject and and any type can be a medic. I guess they are many reasons why people choose to be a medic so the type distribution must be well diversified. In case school is hard (not difficult but demanding like long hours and lot's of material) there could be more T types to pass the exams. But I don't see specifically Si types better at passing exams then other types.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends what aspects he discusses... it involves more than just Si information, you can actually skip direct discussion of that part pretty well. XSIs are very good at taking care of such stuff even though they are not Si valuers... still strong Si that can be utilized in a non-conspicuous manner.
    Yeah true, he said he thinks that health is a very important thing, then he studies in med school so talks a lot about it, then from other tiny things, like that beauty is perfection, I got the idea of Si that an LSE could have, I mixed some impression over the common stereotypes, like that LSEs are aesthetes. Anyway I guess it's an intyresting typ-o because I'm seeing/saw the ID or something from the structure, but it's his temperament basically to underline the Se.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are ESTp

Some examples of Se:
    "What are your most important values?
    To conquer this fuvcking world"

"If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Dear son, this is a tough world. Grow up strong and don't let anybody step on your toes."

"In what areas of your life would you like help?
    The concept of wanting help from others feels incredibly alien to me, I believe I'm the only one capable of improving my situation
    And the fact that you completely brushed off the Fi-ness of the first question.

I do not have any opinion on war, I think war is as old as men itself. When you go to the grocery store and see people fighting for their place in the line, that there is war, on a smaller scale. It's just aggressiveness that is intrinsic in humans, animals, probably life itself is aggressive in that it destroys the inanimate nature of the matter. Anyway, nothing can be done about it, it's just part of us
    This is the Beta mentality, believing that fighting and the struggle for power/ territory/ resources is an inherent part of life, seeing power dynamics in small scale interactions.

I'm not very serious most of the time. I like to tease people and crack stupid jokes. Most of the time I enjoy interactions just for the sheer emotional exchange, you can always come to me and tell me whatever you like. I like small talk.
    Sounds like you are a merry (Fe valuing) type. I think a Delta ST would care more about their interactions being productive in the objective sense.

"I see people as a part of a more complex system, we all follow the rules of this society but many of us do not acknowledge that those are indeed rules, not truths."

"I am not religious in the traditional sense, I refuse to believe on something because someone tells me or because it's written in a book."
    Valuing Ti and devaluing Te

"How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    You can't really choose friends, you get what life gives you and consider yourself lucky if you get a few true ones you can trust.
    Acquaintances I do not choose either, I go by gut feeling..
    My behavior for the most part stays the same whoever I'm with. I crack jokes, I'm rude, very blunt and honest and I almost never lie. Some will like me, some will hate me."
    You mentioned trust a few times which is probably a sign of Fi polr. SLEs want trustworthy people around them because they worry about being deceived or betrayed and they have difficulty guessing the true motives of others. Not sure what you meant by "you can't choose friends"? Why not? You seem to care more about how others feel towards you than how you feel about them which again is a sign of Fe HA/ Fi polr.

"Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Alone in the night on a sailing ship adrift the ocean, staring at the moon."
    This struck me as a Ni valuing thing to say.

Also, I recommend reading the SLE-Se subtype description to see if you relate to it. One of the things it says is this: "Appreciate life and tend to watch over their health, periodically exercising through sports/gymnastics." You did mention your health a couple times, which people tend to associate with Si but not necessarily the case.

Otherwise I would've typed you the same type as me because i relate to mostly everything you said (besides the Se and Fi polr stuff) but I think you are an IEI inside out ie SLE.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah true, he said he thinks that health is a very important thing, then he studies in med school so talks a lot about it, then from other tiny things, like that beauty is perfection, I got the idea of Si that an LSE could have, I mixed some impression over the common stereotypes, like that LSEs are aesthetes. Anyway I guess it's an intyresting typ-o because I'm seeing/saw the ID or something from the structure, but it's his temperament basically to underline the Se.
    Oh. Being an aesthete isn't a LSE specific thing. It's like, a lot of the traits attributed to a type are not that specific to the type and this is one such nonspecific trait. I think being able to get an overall impression of the person (of things that are Socionics-related) is more reliable for typing but that can take time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I think you are ESTp
    Let me comment. I wouldn't exclude SLE but OP seems somehow more... linear, but my impression on this is very vague and could be an entirely wrong initial impression lol.

I did too in my member type questionnaire. It's just weak non-valued Fi.

This is the Beta mentality, believing that fighting and the struggle for power/ territory/ resources is an inherent part of life, seeing power dynamics in small scale interactions.

Sounds like you are a merry (Fe valuing) type. I think a Delta ST would care more about their interactions being productive in the objective sense.
    Agreed on this. But OP could be more Fe seeking than an SLE. The thing about wanting input on relationships also seemed that way to me.

You mentioned trust a few times which is probably a sign of Fi polr. SLEs want trustworthy people around them because they worry about being deceived or betrayed and they have difficulty guessing the true motives of others. Not sure what you meant by "you can't choose friends"? Why not? You seem to care more about how others feel towards you than how you feel about them which again is a sign of Fe HA/ Fi polr.
    Eh it's not exclusive to Fi PoLR. Fi superego in general will relate to this easily. I do too. As for the last sentence, that's just Fe valuing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed on this. But OP could be more Fe seeking than an SLE. The thing about wanting input on relationships also seemed that way to me.
    In response to "what qualities do you want in a partner?" he said "an honest good natured person that I can bond deeply with". Depth and bonding sounds more like 4D Ni/Fi rather than 4D Fe/Ne. Wouldn't an LSI want something else like inspiration, passion, or expressiveness from the partner?

Did you relate to when he said:
    I'm not very serious most of the time. I like to tease people and crack stupid jokes. Most of the time I enjoy interactions just for the sheer emotional exchange, you can always come to me and tell me whatever you like. I like small talk.
    This doesn't seem like what someone with 1D Fe/Ne would say but maybe I'm wrong. The LSIs I've observed were more serious and structured than this and they didn't like small talk.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, Biondo! Welcome to the forum! I'm going to agree with the people who think you are probably SLE. All the reasons why have already been laid out by other posters. You might find you relate closely to the SLE-Ti subtype description? http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/subtypes/ Here you can read about both subtypes and compare

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welp, by the end of your post I thought probably SLE like many others here.

However ... there was a lot of conscious emphasis on aggression and being aggressive, and that strikes me as unusual for SLEs, who ime don’t make a bunch of proclamations about force and aggression. They simply have a solid, energetic forcefulness to them, and the only sense in which I find them being try-hard is that some of them try extremely hard to be funny. But they often are actually funny, it’s just kind of in your face.

So I’m wondering what type would place a lot of emphasis on being aggressive and conquering. Maybe an actual SLE who has just been reading too much stuff about what SLEs are like. Or maybe something else.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Being an aesthete isn't a LSE specific thing.
    I guess so, lol. This is one of the stereotypes that swayed me, and I've read it in The Dual nature of man, by Augusta.

It's like, a lot of the traits attributed to a type are not that specific to the type and this is one such nonspecific trait. I think being able to get an overall impression of the person (of things that are Socionics-related) is more reliable for typing but that can take time.
    Yeah indeed, I wasn't too sure of my typing and didn't really give it too much thought, I basically went with: med school= 6 years of uni= Te, taking care of oneself/others= Si, aesthete=TeSi, enjoys deep bonds= Fi. Kinda shallow I admit =)

"This is the Beta mentality, believing that fighting and the struggle for power/ territory/ resources is an inherent part of life, seeing power dynamics in small scale interactions."

Agreed on this. But OP could be more Fe seeking than an SLE
    Ah, uhm, my ILE dad always makes these same kinds of reasoning about war/violence, that it's a natural component of human nature and necessary too in order to get something done, so Idk if that's the umpteenth stereotype that must be left aside in order to find the truth about a type...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Oh. Being an aesthete isn't a LSE specific thing.
    it's Si specific and is more noticable among Si types. Se types have good Si too, but may lesser use it
    so Se types may dress with good taste when want, but then to dress in rather random style
    while Si type will more try to hold the style he likes

You mentioned trust a few times which is probably a sign of Fi polr. SLEs want trustworthy people around them because they worry about being deceived or betrayed and they have difficulty guessing the true motives of others.
    it can be N related, more about Ne
    for example, ESI and SEE are not so good in the understanding of people and it's easy to loose their trust with minor "bad" actions. they mb slightly paranoid, too suspicious, to fantasy redundantly bad about people

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Ah, uhm, my ILE dad always makes these same kinds of reasoning about war/violence, that it's a natural component of human nature and necessary too in order to get something done, so Idk if that's the umpteenth stereotype that must be left aside in order to find the truth about a type...
    Could be....

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    it's Si specific and is more noticable among Si types. Se types have good Si too, but may lesser use it
    so Se types may dress with good taste when want, but then to dress in rather random style
    while Si type will more try to hold the style he likes
    I keep to the style I like by default. It was much later that I started experimenting too... Temporarily, a lot though. Not that I would call it totally random. I still kept some limits of mine. Then I again started making my own style to keep to it.

And, no, aesthetics isn't purely the domain of Si valuing types.... just of strong Si. I am good at it too.

In response to "what qualities do you want in a partner?" he said "an honest good natured person that I can bond deeply with". Depth and bonding sounds more like 4D Ni/Fi rather than 4D Fe/Ne. Wouldn't an LSI want something else like inspiration, passion, or expressiveness from the partner?
    I don't think I want inspiration per se as the most important thing. I'd rather have something I can use in real life. Inspiration (in the way I interpret the word) can point me towards deeper thoughts for the right direction but that's about it. As for expressiveness, yes but I wouldn't have identified that consciously before Socionics and typing myself. I still just say what I said before Socionics though: I'd like a person with depth (of intelligence and of mysterious intuition) and attentiveness. It'd be just weird to say I want expressiveness, outside Socionics forums.

And I do want a deep bond too. Who doesn't, btw?

Did you relate to when he said:
    This doesn't seem like what someone with 1D Fe/Ne would say but maybe I'm wrong. The LSIs I've observed were more serious and structured than this and they didn't like small talk.
    I'm not serious when engaged with people. And this "sheer emotional exchange" thing... I'm not sure I've ever heard an SLE talk that way. Not that I'd say it either. I mean, technically it IS true for quite some interactions of mine, yes, but again I'm not that consciously aware of this by default lol. (And still, I'm the more passive partner emotionally even if I do automatically mirror some expressive people, so the phrasing is off for me overall...) I definitely like small talk for like... 1 minute, during which time I figure out if I find the person interesting or not and if not, I excuse myself. But yes I do enjoy the emotional exchange part of it (if it does have that enough) until then, not that it's some big thing. It's just a small part of the day.

The bit on "you can always come to me and tell me whatever you like" actually sounded a bit like an Ethics type for OP... not typical for SLE for sure. I guess I could say this but, I don't want to talk to everyone for long to be honest. OK, on second thought the emotional exchange thingy could be some Ethics type thing too, to say such a thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Myst, hello everybody. Sorry for not being around much but I'm under exams and every time I open the forum half a day flies away..

@Biondo why do you want to "conquer this fucking world"? What does that entail?

If you find aggression natural in general, what do you find "meaninglessly aggressive" behaviour?

"MBTI equivalent or "the duty fullfiller", that I absolutely do not identify with"

Absolutely not? Why not?

Overall what's for sure so far: you are a T/Logical type (needing F/Ethics advice). Probably ST>NT. I saw hints of two-dimensional Ni, but not sure on that one & You don't give me a SLE impression overall so far, but I could be wrong there.
    I think I talk alot about health because it heavily impacted my worldview.
    When I was 16 I had 2 surgeries on my knee due to a disease where some bone would fragment so I did cartilage implant and could not push the foot to the ground for 2 months. Whene I started to walk again I discovered I could not due to pain, I stayed in this condition for many years because orthopedics would focus on the hole on the knee while I was convinced the problem was muscular because leg had lost all mobility, I could not bent it nor extend it and it lookek like Gollum's leg. In the end I was right and managed to somewhat fix it by myself by doing exercises to restore the correct posture of the leg despite everyone telling me it was impossible.

Being in a condition of weakness gives an interesting perpective. You see how brutal this world is. I realize I came off as a turd with the "conquer" stuff but what I basically meant is that, this world made me cynical. I would like to believe in honor, love, unicorns and other magical things but what I've learnt is that what you really want will not come at you, you have to take it. It reminds me of that scene from the motorcycle diaries (great movie btw) where the young Che Guevara (I'm not comunist!!1! lol) says he has asthma and has to fight for every breath. It's more of a life philosophy than me harassing people.

I can't judge my own aggressiveness so I don't know if what annoys me is also what I'm doing all the time . But with meaningless I basically meant, when it comes from idiots.

On the duty fullfiller, well that just sounds boring!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Helo ooo
    also you remind me a bit of @niffer now
    But I'm not as rude

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are ESTp

Some examples of Se:

Valuing Ti and devaluing Te

This struck me as a Ni valuing thing to say.

Also, I recommend reading the SLE-Se subtype description to see if you relate to it. One of the things it says is this: "Appreciate life and tend to watch over their health, periodically exercising through sports/gymnastics." You did mention your health a couple times, which people tend to associate with Si but not necessarily the case.

Otherwise I would've typed you the same type as me because i relate to mostly everything you said (besides the Se and Fi polr stuff) but I think you are an IEI inside out ie SLE.
    Hello Seraph, thanks for your post. Very informative.
    Onto your questions:

I am absolutely horrified about being deceived or betrayed. It truly scares me. To the point that it has ruined some relationship in the past. But then again, here in Italy we had a politician that used to say "to think badly it is a sin but often you are right".

On the friends, I grew up in a small town and I consider true friends those that I know from a lifetime. I think one needs time to truly know somebody and it's not always possible to estabilish this kind of bond with many people, whose friendship is still enjoy but consider to be something more superficial.

I do care much more about how others feels towards me, what I feel toward others is less defined; ideally I feel like I should like everybody, obviously it is not like that in reality but is like I feel I should like everybody as a standard, and I can feel sort of guilty if I do not. It's less charachterized.

On the Ni thing, it is where all my typing problems lie: I like it so much, that I always wonder if it can be out of my ego block. I did consider IEI at a point but my ethics are just too poor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Being an aesthete isn't a LSE specific thing. It's like, a lot of the traits attributed to a type are not that specific to the type and this is one such nonspecific trait. I think being able to get an overall impression of the person (of things that are Socionics-related) is more reliable for typing but that can take time.

Let me comment. I wouldn't exclude SLE but OP seems somehow more... linear, but my impression on this is very vague and could be an entirely wrong initial impression lol.

I did too in my member type questionnaire. It's just weak non-valued Fi.

Eh it's not exclusive to Fi PoLR. Fi superego in general will relate to this easily. I do too. As for the last sentence, that's just Fe valuing.
    What do you mean by "linear"?

The hardest thing for me in a relationship is trusting the other person.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Hello, Biondo! Welcome to the forum! I'm going to agree with the people who think you are probably SLE. All the reasons why have already been laid out by other posters. You might find you relate closely to the SLE-Ti subtype description? http://sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/subtypes/ Here you can read about both subtypes and compare
    Hello Xaiviay
    Yes I can relate to both SLE descriptions, probably SLE-Ti more so. But then again I relate also to LIE descriptions for example.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Welp, by the end of your post I thought probably SLE like many others here.

However ... there was a lot of conscious emphasis on aggression and being aggressive, and that strikes me as unusual for SLEs, who ime don’t make a bunch of proclamations about force and aggression. They simply have a solid, energetic forcefulness to them, and the only sense in which I find them being try-hard is that some of them try extremely hard to be funny. But they often are actually funny, it’s just kind of in your face.

So I’m wondering what type would place a lot of emphasis on being aggressive and conquering. Maybe an actual SLE who has just been reading too much stuff about what SLEs are like. Or maybe something else.
    Hello golden
    Clever observation; indeed it's more the fact that I try to be "realistic" and act accordingly to how I perceive things to work rather than actually being aggressive. But then again I may see things that way because there is where the focus of my cognition lies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Biondo, about this:

This is a request for help here:

The question isn't asking if you want someone else to take care of you or something like that, it's asking what kind of input do you ask for. It's just worded weird imo. What can other people give you that you find helpful or useful? So, do you typically look for fresh perspectives? How does that help you if you do? And what kind of feedback and input do you find most productive for you personally? Are there other areas that you might also find someone else's input useful?
    Hello squark, no I don't tipically look for fresh perspectives in others.
    Other people can make me feel good. It is hard for me to produce good feelings on my own.
    Also I like people that can calm and reassure me the times that I loose optimism and get paranoid, when "I see all black".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bit on "you can always come to me and tell me whatever you like" actually sounded a bit like an Ethics type for OP... not typical for SLE for sure. I guess I could say this but, I don't want to talk to everyone for long to be honest. OK, on second thought the emotional exchange thingy could be some Ethics type thing too, to say such a thing.
    I am open to the possibility of being an ethic but I always associated to logic more naturally. Also I am not particularly good with people

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am open to the possibility of being an ethic but I always associated to logic more naturally. Also I am not particularly good with people
    I’m not good with people and I am Fe dominant in this typology. I can be effective with people situationally and have insight into them, I can be entertaining or informative, I can help get things done, I can match people with resources, I can advocate for people, but I don’t think it’s the same as being good with them.

Meaning I don’t believe I am always leaving them with a good feeling. I am not touchy-feely, except when I am.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey there

i was imagining u and her as this kind of friendly, active, outgoing people, yet able to sit down and get the shit down to reach the goals you want to reach. lol your comment made me laugh... maybe it's because she's an H subtype? you seem more Te, even in these last comments~

also, in bocca al lupo for your exams!!, (don't) break a leg!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I’m not good with people and I am Fe dominant in this typology. I can be effective with people situationally and have insight into them, I can be entertaining or informative, I can help get things done, I can match people with resources, I can advocate for people, but I don’t think it’s the same as being good with them.

Meaning I don’t believe I am always leaving them with a good feeling. I am not touchy-feely, except when I am.
    golden you misunderstood me this is exactly what I cannot do, I have the same behavior all the time and its not very effective, exept maybe the entertaining part. For example when people come cry on my shoulder what I do is just suggest way to fix the problem in my opinion but that's not what they want most times, indeed they rarely come a second time. I know I should say something like "cm'on you'll get over it" then a manly pat on the back and it would be 100x times better but it feels awkward

also since u told me I show off Se, do you think it could be Hidden agenda and me LIE?

ooo I stumbled upon that thread, but did not find the one with the theory.. How many subtypes there are? damn I was trying to forget

crepi il lupo!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

golden you misunderstood me this is exactly what I cannot do, I have the same behavior all the time and its not very effective, exept maybe the entertaining part. For example when people come cry on my shoulder what I do is just suggest way to fix the problem in my opinion but that's not what they want most times, indeed they rarely come a second time. I know I should say something like "cm'on you'll get over it" then a manly pat on the back and it would be 100x times better but it feels awkward

also since u told me I show off Se, do you think it could be Hidden agenda and me LIE?

ooo I stumbled upon that thread, but did not find the one with the theory.. How many subtypes there are? damn I was trying to forget

crepi il lupo!
    Eh I may or may not have misunderstood. Just thought I’d throw that out there to see how you were defining “good with people.”

I don’t know about LIE, I mean, I have similar Se emphasis to LIE per the theory and I think for me at least it is more subtle than showing off Se. I think it is more situational and not something I’d try to present as part of my core identity.

I just am not sure I really think Se is simple aggression. But there are people who see it that way.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's either the function subtype, say you're an SLE-Se or SLE-Ti, and there are the DCHN subtypes, which I don't really get but there you go http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-(translation).

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

What do you mean by "linear"?

The hardest thing for me in a relationship is trusting the other person.
    Your thinking came off as linear but I could be wrong... what do you say?

I did say you are very likely a Logical type, yeah, the other possibility is that it's just Fe dual seeking of LxI, whatever you said about emotional exchanges. I've yet to hear any SLE say it like that, their Fe HA just doesn't seem to work that way.

I think I talk alot about health because it heavily impacted my worldview.
    When I was 16 I had 2 surgeries on my knee due to a disease where some bone would fragment so I did cartilage implant and could not push the foot to the ground for 2 months. Whene I started to walk again I discovered I could not due to pain, I stayed in this condition for many years because orthopedics would focus on the hole on the knee while I was convinced the problem was muscular because leg had lost all mobility, I could not bent it nor extend it and it lookek like Gollum's leg. In the end I was right and managed to somewhat fix it by myself by doing exercises to restore the correct posture of the leg despite everyone telling me it was impossible.
    Cool, your own invented exercises or what?

Being in a condition of weakness gives an interesting perpective. You see how brutal this world is. I realize I came off as a turd with the "conquer" stuff but what I basically meant is that, this world made me cynical. I would like to believe in honor, love, unicorns and other magical things but what I've learnt is that what you really want will not come at you, you have to take it. It reminds me of that scene from the motorcycle diaries (great movie btw) where the young Che Guevara (I'm not comunist!!1! lol) says he has asthma and has to fight for every breath. It's more of a life philosophy than me harassing people.
    Lol what do you mean by unicorns, pls tell me bc I don't get it

Agreed about how you have to do things to get where you want to get.

It's a very Se life philosophy there btw.

On the duty fullfiller, well that just sounds boring!
    Just because the description sounds boring it doesn't mean it can't be your type. I mean, the people with that type are not boring, just the description is. If that makes sense...

On the friends, I grew up in a small town and I consider true friends those that I know from a lifetime. I think one needs time to truly know somebody and it's not always possible to estabilish this kind of bond with many people, whose friendship is still enjoy but consider to be something more superficial.

I do care much more about how others feels towards me, what I feel toward others is less defined; ideally I feel like I should like everybody, obviously it is not like that in reality but is like I feel I should like everybody as a standard, and I can feel sort of guilty if I do not. It's less charachterized.
    On the Ni thing, it is where all my typing problems lie: I like it so much, that I always wonder if it can be out of my ego block. I did consider IEI at a point but my ethics are just too poor.
    Did you have a problem with LSI as your type? Rather than SLE-Ti.

This stuff just doesn't sound like Fi PoLR.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote ESTp as well. When you say people fighting for a spot in line is a war that sounds like Ni, but not this grand vision use of Ni more a use of it in your immediate environment.

You also say humanity has a natural aggressiveness, it's just who we are, Se, it's just who Se leads egos.

You rarely get emotional about an opinion and internally think the person is stupid and you do not understand them, Ti.

You ask questions about how to understand people, you seek Fe advice, read IEI-SLE duality and that is described in there.

You said your most important value is to conquer this fucking world, if that's not ESTp then I don't know what is, that could be LIE but you don't seem Te first and you seem less serious than LIE, and you like small talk for the emotional exchange, not LIE, LIE hates small talk just get to the point already with them.

Also the movies you like, there's like 3 Se-ish movies and the last one has an Ni-ish title.
    you hate theories (Ne superego block?)

Also your answer to what love is is very Ti and lines up with what Joe Rogan thinks love is and he is also ESTp, and you take LSD trips in the park lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast