Thread: Type me: (Ti-Ne/Ne-Ti)?

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me: (Ti-Ne/Ne-Ti)?

Since I still have doubts about my type, I'm posting this so you guys can analyze and figure out what I am. I'm almost surely either ILE or LII but I can't really decide between the two because I share several "distinguishing": characteristics from each: I consider Fi to be my POLR instead of Se, however I think my Si is stronger than my Fe in that I'm generally capable of taking care of "body stuff", relaxing, etc., and generally incapable of supplying Fe on my own. (And to add more confusion, I don't consider myself a Fe-seeker either)
    I'll be answering some questions from a questionnaire I found in some thread:

Tell me about yourself.
    I'm a guy who's quite interested in science. I'm 19. If you saw me in the street, you'd notice that I look like a nerd. I'm a bit weird, maybe a 4 out of 10 if you could put it in a "weirdness" scale where 7 and up means you're deranged and 1-3 means you're relatively normal. I know and talk to quite a few people but I don't think I have any friends (outside of family, I get along well with a cousin of mine whom I've known since young).

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I study Computer Engineering at a good university in my country. I didn't want to go to university but my parents kind of forced me to (in reality I didn't fight it and just accepted my fate). I'm actually enjoying it, classes are pretty hard, many people struggle even to get mediocre grades, I personally think I'm "fit" for learning hard-science-related things so I'm doing well without much effort. I don't like having to study for tests, I'm prone to cramming things the day before (not the night before since sleeping well is another way to boost test scores ), scoring a good grade and forgetting most of it after a week. The concepts I don't forget are usually general, the "how it works" of the topics I studied, the "how to do it" of topics is mostly forgotten, unless I need to apply the concepts again in posterior classes.

What are your values, and why?
    I believe in truth, that truth exists, and that it's possible to reach truth if you gather all the pieces of the puzzle and are capable enough to put them together in a way that it makes sense. The reason I believe in this... probably since I had a father that encouraged rational thought in me when I was a kid. I think, since I was smart as a kid, that lead me to theoretical pursuits (I was often doing things with numbers, making games or "copying" games I found on the Internet and applying them to real life so I could play wherever I went, using maths, paper, a pen and dice), I loved reading about all kinds of subjects and gathering info about everything. I'm still a bit like that nowadays, but school takes up most of my time and so I can't really "have fun" with intellectual things the way I used to, although I still manage to read a few hours a day whenever I'm tired or bored of studying.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I think a lot, read a lot. I like to pace around a room while thinking about ideas I've just read, trying to discern whether they're bullshit or not, reading some more, etc. Since I live with a buddy now, I can't do it all the time, he'll think I'm nuts, but when I used to live alone I did it all the time. I like to take long walks for this purpose, helps me to sort existential things out, too, and also helps me figure out what to do given the current "state of affairs", as in, things I have to do, counting how many months I have until University is over, etc.
    I've played the piano for 10 years. Somewhere along the 5th year I told my mom I wanted to quit and she didn't want me to, so I put through with it. I actually enjoy playing, think it's pretty therapeutic. I really like music, particularly a certain obscure genre of Japanese music called "Denpa" which is cheerful and kinda weird. I also enjoy "tasteful" music like Classical and Jazz.
    Also, I've been learning Japanese for a few years now, it's quite a challenge, I'm interested in Anime/Manga/(pardon the word) weeaboo stuff.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I get along well with my family. Very rarely fought with parents (maybe once or twice a year), all fights were started by them. I'm not too close with my dad, although occassionally we'd do son-dad things together. He's very likely an ILI, so I like that he's very knowledgeable and knowledge-seeking, but I don't like that he's sometimes irrrational in his beliefs, gets random anger outbursts that override his rationality, etc. I'm close to my mum, she's nice but a bit demanding. She can be kind of scary at times, but her Fi is very strong, and is Te-seeking. My guess is that she's an EII or IEE-Fi. Her Fi and Te demands caused me some trouble when I was a young teen, she would often point out that I'm cold and inconsiderate (at the young age of 13). I was quite lively when around my friends though.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I don't exactly seek friendships. If I did, I'd probably look for someone who's smart, genuinely interested in learning and knowledge just for the sake of it, maybe someone who's a bit weird as well. Honest people are better than dishonest people. By living with a buddy for a few months, I've realized that I HATE it when people are careless, in his case, letting the dirty dishes pile up, not taking care (or at least trying to take care) of himself, leaving the door open and letting hordes of mosquitos come into the house (mosquitos are one of the things I hate the most), etc. This buddy of mine often lies and puts excuses when I call him out on the things he does, in my view, he's really fucking useless and it makes me angry every time he does something stupid that common sense tells you not to do (of course, it's me the one who takes care of the chores at home).
    In romantic relationships... I don't really know what I want. If I saw it, I'd probably say, hey, THIS is it. But I've never seen it before so I can't say what it it is. I think I'd do well with someone who's interested in what I have to say, and someone who doesn't fear knowing the truth. I'd prefer someone who's not self-centered (or at least less self-centered than me, lol)

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Well, that conflict I've talked about above. I don't really have conflicts with people, or so I thought before actually living with someone other than my family. In my current environment, (University, Science field) there's hardly any Fi, which I'd consider a conflicting element, however Se is observable in a few people. I can kind of give a Ni-proficient Se-seeking vibe which leads to a few Se seekers, particularly SLE's to think I'm actually a pretty cool guy (although it's really exhausting to do, I can tell I'm acting out of character but somehow it's the best way to cope).

How would your friends describe you?
    Intelligent. A bit odd. Lucky. Easy-going. Theoretical (as in head-in-the-clouds, always talking about some abstract unapplicable thing that nobody really cares about).

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Well, most people are aware of, and acknowledge my intelligence. I don't mean it to sound like I'm bragging about it, it's just that it's there, and if I and tried to hide it to get along with others, I'd be lying and undermining my own efforts to find intelligent people and also finding truth. I think people would say that I'm honest (although I think I'm one of the very best liars out there, I just don't use the skill immorally). I don't think anyone knows me well enough to judge me accurately, and neither do I, since I'm asking you guys to judge my personality type!
    One thing I like about myself, is that I genuinely believe I can succeed in anything I try, given that the things I try are mostly intellectual in nature. I also consider myself to be able to deal with any kind of problem or question that life throws at me, I guess reading a lot about different things results in... having plausible answers for any concievable question out there. (Except for the bullshit existential ones like "why are we here?", "what is the meaning of life?, "what happens after death?", questions which I believe are wrong because of the question itself, that is, the real answer lies in asking a proper question to begin with)

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I can't relate to people for the most part. People's troubles don't really faze me that much, I mean, if something genuinely bad happens to someone, I think to myself, damn, that's tough, sorry for you man, but I don't really feel other people's pain like it were my own. Heck, even my own troubles don't faze me much. Others would probably say that I always want to be right (usually people who believe that truth does not exist), that I think I'm smarter than I actually am (rather than them not being able to judge my potential correctly) and that I'm dishonest in terms of emotions, since I try to show emotions that are socially acceptable, "modulate" my way of acting when there's people around, although most don't really notice.
    I don't particularly dislike anything about myself. I accept my flaws, don't really try to work so much on things I can't help.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Anything that has to do with learning or applying knowledge. I'm alright with taking care of my body, not doing stupid things that could harm it, etc. I could use help in personal stuff, forming and maintaining meaningful bonds with other people. I kind of wish I had some close friend, who wouldn't judge me or mind my way of being, and of course, me not minding THEIR way of being, as is the case with my buddy right now. I just don't have much in common with the majority of people, so meaningful bonds are never formed in the first place.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Studying is a chore. Learning I love to do. I make that distinction since having to do something kinda makes it not-that-enjoyable anymore. I like to go at my own pace when learning things. University stuffs a lot of content into the curriculum so we end up having a vague understanding of a whole lot of things, instead of actually getting a deep understanding of topics, (which I consider a bit more desirable).
    Having to do important things, formal paperwork and lining up at the door of a big building because of bureaucracy bullshit to get them papers certified, is quite annoying, I'd rather have someone else do that. (Now many brilliant people will conclude I'm Te-weak and not just chronically lazy )

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    To understand all. Deep inside, I know it's not really possible, unless it was possible to extend one's life to millions years, and achieve understanding of every concievable topic in the universe after millenia of studying.
    As for more realistic plans, I don't really focus on what lies further than the current month, although I do have an idea of what I'll do with my life, particularly what I'll do after university and how I'd like to spend my life after that. (this response was probably because of the relation I saw to the question regarding Ni-Se vs Si-Ne preference, now I'll answer to the actual question). I plan on working nicely and saving money throughout my 20's, retiring early and dedicating the rest of my life to learning and enjoying myself. I think I'm capable enough to do it, and I have just enough willpower to live frugally and manage money properly so that's likely what will happen. Although many of the plans I had in my teens never came true, now I'm actually going through the steps and getting closer to my objective each day, so...
    The reason I have them... probably since I always liked living without responsibilities. I'm kind of like a kid in that aspect. Life's a bit harder than that though, you can't just have what you want without working a bit unless you're just really lucky. (I'm just average lucky, not extremely lucky, by the way )

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Partially answered above, I'd enjoy life and learn a lot. I'd probably enjoy spending time with my girlfriend (if only I had one, lol)

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    Honesty is probably one of those. When people say they want honesty, they mean the not-blatantly-bullshitting-you kind of honestly. But when someone who's actually honest comes around he's oh-so-mean when he points out genuine problems in others, or is simply honest about the things he observes. So, actual honesty. Speaking about women in particular, I like girls who aren't forceful and girls who are intellectually inclined. Speaking as a man, I can sadly say that most men would rather not be with a woman who's smarter than them, because of fear of humilliation or something like that.
    Girls who are too childish or helpless annoy me a bit. Extreme irrationality, or not being able to accept the truth, something like "la-la-la I can't hear you" when I make a point that conflicts with the person's point of view, is really annoying. Of course, most people don't do it in a blatant way, but rather in a way like: "Oh, whatever/just forget about it bro" when I make a valid point to whatever problem/idea they were rambling about earlier.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    If something smells bad, I try to clean. I like to keep some order in my environment but only if it looks really bad or is detrimental in some way. I don't love chores but I do them when I have to. I don't often "beautify" the environment in ways other than putting items in the right place or sweeping the floor since chemicals in "beautifiers" probably screw you up more than they help you.

How do you behave around strangers?
    My behaviour is a bit random around strangers, sometimes I act friendly, try to act socially acceptably, and other times it's cold. People can generally tell by me looks that I'm smart, I'd rather say it's their perception of me what influences my attitude around them.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    Hmmm, usually I just laugh it off, I have a kind of ironic face I use when someone does that. It's a face that kind of says "you're not very intelligent" and usually nobody ever attacks/insults me twice. This might have to do with the fact that I'm currently in an environment where intelligence is valued, although I recall having gone through high school without anyone bullying me, despite being slightly weird. I don't look particularly menacing either, so dunno why this happens...

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    That everything is subjective. It's wrong because it allows many twisted things to be "okay" and to justify twisted actions since "everything is okay" and "nobody holds the truth, man". It generates even more uncertainty in a world full of bad information and white noise. I just wrote an argument against it but it contained a lot of unnecessary political elements so I deleted it.

What did you do last Friday?
    Think I was studying for a test, or reading something online. I read a few chapters of a book on the science of sleep and went to bed. Oh, just remembered that I went to a friends house to have a BBQ at night, really good stuff. Had a great time, played some ping-pong and soccer there.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Don't think I've accomplished anything worth noting.

What is something you regret?
    I don't really regret things. Maybe I regret not having read about stuff regarding men's health, taking care of not putting stupid chemicals in your body, etc., earlier.

Who do you admire, and why?
    I don't really admire anyone. Although I think a lot of the great minds that have lived are worthy of admiration.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    I've been concerned about my health as a guy, just realized that I was not taking proper care of my body with foods, now I'm working on it and my mood has improved greatly, I'm feeling really good. Any problems... Well, I've been having a LOT of exams lately, something like, 12-15 in a month. I did very well in all but one, but before the exams I get a bit nervous, especially when I haven't yet begun studying and there's a few days until the exam.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    None. I believe in myself though, think that's enough.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    Slightly conservative. Leaning towards freedom. I think most people are just too stupid to be given freedom, give stupid people freedom, and the result is crime and morons taking advantage of other morons, simply because they lack the ability to judge and say, hey, maybe I shouldn't go around killing/robbing/hurting people because it's plain wrong.
    I hate politics. It's (I consider it to be) all a lie. Politicians act dumb, but they're actually quite smart and sneaky. Shame that they'd put it to use for self-benefit (that harms others) and not something a bit more useful.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    Yeah, when I was younger I wanted to start some random business instead of going to college, but I couldn't do it because of family pressures. I like the idea of having a shop... kind of like one of those small medieval shops you see in RPG's. My dad and I used to collect coins so maybe I could have a shop like that. I also like technology a lot, so perhaps a small gadget/components shop would be cool. I'd probably manage and own the whole thing.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I'd like to work as a freelance developer or something. Of course, everyone who can code and his mum wants the same, so I'd probably just settle for a job in a small-medium company where I'm left on my own to do work, hopefully not too demanding, and get paid nicely for it (perfectly possible in the IT industry, just gotta do your research).

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    Science and Math. You can tell why. (I'm just getting tired of writing answers now, been at it for almost two hours now and I gotta piss)

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    I'm not exactly responsible, but I do what I have to do. I expect others to not be extremely lazy, although I generally don't expect much from other people and would rather just deal with things on my own. I hate having to rely on others to do things.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    Visited the southern parts of my country last summer, which are usually snowy except during summer. It was really nice, got to relax and spend time with my mum after a few weeks of finals.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    I was cheerful and curious. Had lots of questions. Was REALLY hyper. My parents were (and still are) smart, they were capable of answering many of my questions and I'm grateful about that. Now, I'm not-so-cheerful and not-that-curious and not hyper at all. I have a lot of answers and nobody to share them with, though I talk to myself a lot and try to ask myself things, inquire further, etc., but it feels somehow forced. The reason behind being not-that-curious probably lies in that formal schooling killed part of my desire to learn, although in my late teens I've begun researching about subjects and self-learning just as I used to do when I was younger. There's still times when I'd rather do nothing or go for a walk instead of reading a book.

What was your high school experience like?
    It was alright regarding friends and getting along with people, although I liked being alone too. Would very rarely get bullied despite being a bit weird and maybe weak-looking. It was painful regarding having to study occassionally, I had English classes, piano lessons, and swimming classes aside of that, and in my Senior year I had to work a few hours a day for my mom, all of which were against my will and therefore painful. I'm doing better now that I have more freedom.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    None that I can remember.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    Not really. I don't think I'd be a good father. So somehow that unconsciously makes me averse to kids.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Main concerns... that he/she doesn't get affected by chemicals in the environment (more likely than you think), and proper intellectual upbringing. Of course, I'm not gonna have kids, so no need to worry about these things.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Very rarely. I used to feel stuck when I couldn't accept that I had to work hard to get out of university properly. (I mentioned I didn't do much effort to pass tests and all, but I do have to study some 20 or so hours a week on top of attending 30 or so hours of class, considerably less than what many of my peers do but still a lot more than I was capable of handling at the time). When I felt stuck in a rut, I'd have depressing thoughts and cry. Crying made me feel better somehow. While crying I'd have some thought like, "well, I guess I just have to suck it up and keep moving forward" and that's exactly what I would do.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Other people as a whole? I don't consciously judge people, I try my best to treat everyone as equals. A prevalent social problem is that people are becoming seemingly more stupid and disinformed as time goes by.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    If I don't get what I want, I change what I want by looking at what I can get. I don't do this consciously, therefore it seems to me that I always get what I want. Sorta funny.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I don't think I'm good at leading people. People just won't fucking listen sometimes. It's usually people who know how to use force to "move" people around the ones who get leadership roles to begin with, not the nerds with logically sound arguments to convince people but no spine.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I don't feel genuine anger that often. I get mad when the guy I'm living with is careless despite me pointing out the stupid things he does all the time, for instance, dragging my towel on the dirty floor, leaving food out of the fridge to rot, leaving random trash in the kitchen sink along with dozens of dirty plates, leaving the door open (mosquitos come in in hordes), etc. Most things that should make normal people angry, don't really affect me that much though.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Scored good grades on all tests.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    Can't remember. (Selective memory, I guess )

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life
    I don't think life has a purpose beyond self-replication. I don't plan on fulfilling life's purpose. I find the search for truth meaningful, I can't name anything else I see myself dedicating my entire life to.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    Can't remember. Been to many places, traveled a lot, lived in different towns and countries.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Badly. I don't like to shave. Someone overheard a group of girls at my university who said I dressed like an explorer, and when I thought about it, I do dress like I'm going camping all the time (think, baggy thermic pants with lots of pockets, sport/climbing shoes, plain dark t-shirt). I wear nice, rectangular, rimless glasses my mum bought me.

Do you like surprises?
    Yes. Usually they're good news and I'm generally able to deal with bad news so the net gain is positive.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    After writing this I think I'll cause the impression of being an LII, before someone suggests that, I'll say that I don't think I'm a Fe-seeker (although I'm almost certainly Si-seeker) which is why I wonder whether I'm ILE or LII in the first place.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello, Little Timmy! I slowly read through your whole post, and I'm actually getting the impression that you're more ILE (but probably the Ti subtype, like you've already labeled yourself in your profile). You seem to have a more irrational ('percieving' type) method of working through life. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to lay out all the reasons why on here (have to go meet a friend) but if you want, I can lay out more details later.

Well it's very nice to see you here on the forums. You're a fellow anime-fan! I like Hunter x Hunter a lot, also got into Black Butler and Death Note, but sadly I haven't bothered to keep up with most of the newer stuff. I'd like to hear more about what anime you like to watch, if you'd like to share. Also, I think it's pretty impressive that you're learning about environmental chemicals and trying to keep them out of your life. I wish more people had the courage to confront that issue.

Hope you find the answers you need on this forum, and enjoy your time here, or at least get some constructive information here!

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Hello, Little Timmy! I slowly read through your whole post, and I'm actually getting the impression that you're more ILE (but probably the Ti subtype, like you've already labeled yourself in your profile). You seem to have a more irrational ('percieving' type) method of working through life. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to lay out all the reasons why on here (have to go meet a friend) but if you want, I can lay out more details later.

Well it's very nice to see you here on the forums. You're a fellow anime-fan! I like Hunter x Hunter a lot, also got into Black Butler and Death Note, but sadly I haven't bothered to keep up with most of the newer stuff. I'd like to hear more about what anime you like to watch, if you'd like to share. Also, I think it's pretty impressive that you're learning about environmental chemicals and trying to keep them out of your life. I wish more people had the courage to confront that issue.

Hope you find the answers you need on this forum, and enjoy your time here, or at least get some constructive information here!
    Thanks for taking the time to read it all! I rambled on about a lot of stuff, I guess when it comes to typing, the more info you give out, the better others will be able to type you. I'm looking forward to the reasons why you typed me as ILE rather than LII, since my post seemed too Ti-centric and I didn't show much Ne in it.

I've watched Death Note as well, a few friends recommended me Hunter x Hunter but lately I've been watching a lot of slice of life anime and a few seasonal ones. A personal favorite is Saiki Kusuo no Psi-Nan, a comedy/slice of life which is currently airing its second season, it's extremely funny, I recommend it. Another personal favorite is Steins;Gate, a Sci-Fi thriller, watched it a few years ago and thought it was awesome, now I'm playing the Visual Novel it was based on to see all the things that weren't included in the anime. Haven't yet started watching the new episodes though.

About the chemicals issue... it's something I read about a lot but never really believed or cared about it until I decided to make a few (physical) changes in lifestyle which had repercussions on my general attitude and emotional state, now I'm convinced that there's a lot of potentially dangerous compounds in innocuous stuff like toothpaste, deodorant, soap, as well as in certain foods, that lead to either long-term damage or cancer. Although I could make a whole thread dedicated to this topic, don't think a type me thread is the right place for this, lol.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The username Little Timmy indicates you are ILE, but I will read all of your post anyway because I’m polite

ETA: I’m still inclined to say ILE > LII. You say you can be seen as easygoing and lucky, you seem pretty friendly even though you have uncertainties about relationships. You know you want help with details like filling out forms, which imo leans more into the area of Si than Te.

Your emphasis on “the truth” strikes me as possibly to do with Fi polr, because you relate it to needing other people to be honest, and to criticizing “false equivalency”—the very dumb notion that every point of view is equally valid and merits equal attention. Fi, to me as an Fe person, often appears hopelessly and annoyingly subjective, and I always look for what could be objectively desirable in human behavior.
    Last edited by golden; 06-14-2018 at 01:56 AM.

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    The username Little Timmy indicates you are ILE, but I will read all of your post anyway because I’m polite

ETA: I’m still inclined to say ILE > LII. You say you can be seen as easygoing and lucky, you seem pretty friendly even though you have uncertainties about relationships. You know you want help with details like filling out forms, which imo leans more into the area of Si than Te.

Your emphasis on “the truth” strikes me as possibly to do with Fi polr, because you relate it to needing other people to be honest, and to criticizing “false equivalency”—the very dumb notion that every point of view is equally valid and merits equal attention. Fi, to me as an Fe person, often appears hopelessly and annoyingly subjective, and I always look for what could be objectively desirable in human behavior.
    Thanks for reading it all and analyzing it! Most socionics tests I do give me ILE. The reason I doubt Intuitive Logical Extravert to be my type, is that I don't seem Intuitive nor Extraverted at first glance. I think I show those behaviors more often when around people I know a bit better, otherwise I just default to Ti usage, or so it seems. My obsession with truth has been going on for a few years now, think I used to be more Ne-centric when younger. I never realized subjectivity (as in believing objective knowledge does not exist, rather than "lets consider everyone's point of view") could be a Fi thing, as I thought Te was the one who supported objectivity and observable and confirmable knowledge (collective knowledge?) and Ti was the one that supported personal knowledge or "what I experienced, learnt myself" and could be more subjective. And so, it wouldn't make sense for Fi, being Te-seeking, to oppose Te in what it does. The reason behind this is probably that I still have a few misconceptions on information elements and confusion from MBTI functions, so I better read some more about that.

So, that adds another point to Fi being my POLR and ILE more likely being my type. I still need a few more opinions on what I wrote to tell for sure.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's no problem! I enjoyed reading it all I like to read about other people and try to type them. And yes the more info, the more other people can type you accurately.

I looked up the anime you mentioned, Saiki Kusuo no Psi-Nan sounds really fun! I'll have to check it out. Steins;Gate sounds pretty interesting, too So how do you like the visual novel compared to the episodes you watched before?

Ahh yes it's true, lots of chemicals can cause cancer and other long-term health problems. I've had to learn a lot about those too, for my health. Well that's great that you've noticed improvements since then! It's helped my mood, attitude, and mental state as well. I cut out aluminum-containing deoderant, most products with parabens (as many as possible), flouride-containing toothepaste, etc. Yeah you could probably fill a whole thread with all the unhealthy products that people use (if not a whole book)! lol

Anyways, back to trying to help you find your type (as an afterthought, I may have written way more than you'd like to read! feel free to skip through it, take what's useful to you and discard the rest)--
    I consider Fi to be my POLR instead of Se, however I think my Si is stronger than my Fe in that I'm generally capable of taking care of "body stuff", relaxing, etc., and generally incapable of supplying Fe on my own. (And to add more confusion, I don't consider myself a Fe-seeker either)
    I think if you were LII, you'd feel more of a drive to find Fe stimulation because that would be your dual-seeking function. From what I understand (other people correct me if I'm wrong please) subtypes normally have all of their introverted (if Ti-subtype) or extraverted (if Ne-subtype) functions emphasized more than normal for their type. So you learning to supply Si for yourself doesn't sound too unusual for an ILE-Ti subtype.
    I don't like having to study for tests, I'm prone to cramming things the day before (not the night before since sleeping well is another way to boost test scores ), scoring a good grade and forgetting most of it after a week. The concepts I don't forget are usually general, the "how it works" of the topics I studied, the "how to do it" of topics is mostly forgotten, unless I need to apply the concepts again in posterior classes.
    This unstructured method of preparing for tests sounds like something an irrational type would do more than a rational type. Also, the fact that you don't care to remember most of the information later makes me think that you don't value your Ti as much as you would value a main function.
    I believe in truth, that truth exists, and that it's possible to reach truth if you gather all the pieces of the puzzle and are capable enough to put them together in a way that it makes sense. The reason I believe in this... probably since I had a father that encouraged rational thought in me when I was a kid. I think, since I was smart as a kid, that lead me to theoretical pursuits (I was often doing things with numbers, making games or "copying" games I found on the Internet and applying them to real life so I could play wherever I went, using maths, paper, a pen and dice), I loved reading about all kinds of subjects and gathering info about everything. I'm still a bit like that nowadays, but school takes up most of my time and so I can't really "have fun" with intellectual things the way I used to, although I still manage to read a few hours a day whenever I'm tired or bored of studying.
    As a child you loved playing around with various games and reading about all kinds of subjects, you'd like to have more 'fun' with intellectual things like that nowadays. This sounds like the exploratory attitude of ILE where they keep taking interests in new subjects and seeing if they can be applied in new ways (like you did with the games you coppied from the internet), less like the stirct, orderly lifestyle of LIIs where they see the search for fundamental laws as the main goal of life. You do value truth (which is a good value btw) but you also mention that you think it was instilled/encouraged in you by your father, so truth as a value might not be 100% purely 'yours'. But I could be wrong here, you'd have to tell me If you would rather discover truth and live as closely to your discovered principles as humanly possible, than discover as many new possibilities in as many subjects as you can, then you might be LII.
    I've realized that I HATE it when people are careless, in his case, letting the dirty dishes pile up, not taking care (or at least trying to take care) of himself, leaving the door open and letting hordes of mosquitos come into the house (mosquitos are one of the things I hate the most), etc. This buddy of mine often lies and puts excuses when I call him out on the things he does, in my view, he's really fucking useless and it makes me angry every time he does something stupid that common sense tells you not to do (of course, it's me the one who takes care of the chores at home).
    It sounds like you're saying you really hate living with someone who disregards Si, but you don't mind living without Fe stimulation. LII-Ne would be the other way around I think
    there's hardly any Fi, which I'd consider a conflicting element, however Se is observable in a few people. I can kind of give a Ni-proficient Se-seeking vibe which leads to a few Se seekers, particularly SLE's to think I'm actually a pretty cool guy (although it's really exhausting to do, I can tell I'm acting out of character but somehow it's the best way to cope).
    You can handle interacting with heavy Se-users, and although it's stressful, it sounds like it's less stressful than dealing with Fi for you. Am I right?
    How would your friends describe you?
    Intelligent. A bit odd. Lucky. Easy-going.
    The LII Ne-subtype is " Not always absolute and categorical in his statements, but obstinate and uncompromising in his actions." If your friends would describe you as easy-going, you are likely to adjust your actions to them more than this description. In fact, in the rest of your posts there are lots of instances of other people (your family) pressuring you into activities, and you end up going along with it (even though you may not have liked them imposing their will, but still you don't resist too hard) and then discovering that you like the activities later (school, playing the musical instrument).
    I think people would say that I'm honest (although I think I'm one of the very best liars out there, I just don't use the skill immorally)
    You're sorta bending a life principle, here. lol. I think that ILEs have a lot of rules they see as 'bendable', while LIIs follow them more strictly.
    the bullshit existential ones like "why are we here?", "what is the meaning of life?, "what happens after death?", questions which I believe are wrong because of the question itself, that is, the real answer lies in asking a proper question to begin with)... ...I don't think life has a purpose beyond self-replication. I don't plan on fulfilling life's purpose. I find the search for truth meaningful, I can't name anything else I see myself dedicating my entire life to.
    Seems like you don't find the concept of life having a dedicated function to which you should align yourself to be motivating, in and of itself. I feel this way, personally... The LIIs I've known tended to subscribe to overarching spiritual principles within which to live their life, once they found some that made sense to them. Your preference for not having one sounds more like an irrational (p) type's choice, to me.
    Others would probably say that I always want to be right (usually people who believe that truth does not exist)
    Under ILE-Ti subtype, it describes how this subtype can be argumentative, in areas of interest to himself Do you debate with people a lot? It says "Has an inclination to impose his views on others... ...Can be unrestrained in arguments and disputes". By comparison, the LII-Ne suptype spends more time trying to be amicable when sharing his knowledge: 'In conversation, he is restrained, attentive, attempts to come into good favor of his partner by giving advice and impressing him or her with his knowledge and conclusions. In such cases, his serious demeanor and gaze soften, goodwill permeates his voice."
    I always liked living without responsibilities. I'm kind of like a kid in that aspect.
    Sounds ILE! You also mentioned you want to retire early to learn and enjoy yourself. LIIs have a propensity to be 'workaholics' according to Filatova.
    What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    I was cheerful and curious. Had lots of questions. Was REALLY hyper.
    LIIs are considered 'negativists' by the Socionics system. Whereas ILEs are 'positivists'. I'm not entirely sure how LIIs would behave as kids, but cheerful, curious, and hyper all sound like a primarily extraverted and positivist personality to me.
    If I don't get what I want, I change what I want by looking at what I can get. I don't do this consciously, therefore it seems to me that I always get what I want. Sorta funny.
    Again, the positivist mindset.
    How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Badly. I don't like to shave. Someone overheard a group of girls at my university who said I dressed like an explorer, and when I thought about it, I do dress like I'm going camping all the time (think, baggy thermic pants with lots of pockets, sport/climbing shoes, plain dark t-shirt).
    The ILE-Ti subtype is described a paying very little attention to appearance, while the LII-Ne subtype " Tries to keep up with latest tastes and prevailing styles, to have a presentable appearance."
    Do you like surprises?
    Yes. Usually they're good news and I'm generally able to deal with bad news so the net gain is positive.
    Sounds more like an irrational (perceiving) preference than a rational (judging) one, based on the people I've known. But that might be too gross of a generalization, not sure.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d love to see photos to help make an identification. I have some experience with Alpha NT’s in my personal life so just thinking I may be able to VI you pretty easily.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Timmy View Post
    Thanks for reading it all and analyzing it! Most socionics tests I do give me ILE. The reason I doubt Intuitive Logical Extravert to be my type, is that I don't seem Intuitive nor Extraverted at first glance. I think I show those behaviors more often when around people I know a bit better, otherwise I just default to Ti usage, or so it seems. My obsession with truth has been going on for a few years now, think I used to be more Ne-centric when younger. I never realized subjectivity (as in believing objective knowledge does not exist, rather than "lets consider everyone's point of view") could be a Fi thing, as I thought Te was the one who supported objectivity and observable and confirmable knowledge (collective knowledge?) and Ti was the one that supported personal knowledge or "what I experienced, learnt myself" and could be more subjective. And so, it wouldn't make sense for Fi, being Te-seeking, to oppose Te in what it does. The reason behind this is probably that I still have a few misconceptions on information elements and confusion from MBTI functions, so I better read some more about that.

So, that adds another point to Fi being my POLR and ILE more likely being my type. I still need a few more opinions on what I wrote to tell for sure.
    It took me several months of close consideration and information gathering to arrive at an EIE typing for myself, vs IEI, and even now I have gotten recent comments from others attempting to recast me as IEI. I don’t think mirror types are always easily confused for each other, as the temperaments alone often appear distinct, but in some cases they can be.

The first issues that made me rethink my type were:

* the supposed polr made poor sense
    * my energy style (I’m linear and tense) seemed at odds from IP temperament
    * the intertype dynamics didn’t line up

Last, I paid attention to what people who knew nothing about Socionics have said, such as that they see me as an extrovert, and noting that the “famous” people I get compared to by both friends and strangers are always obvious extroverts (SLE, EIE, LSE, SEE, IEE).

What I said about Fi and subjectivity is simply how I experience it. I do think, though, that you’re right about Te and Fi, and that’s the point of Socionics ... the proposition that Te and Fi do represent absolutely different but complementary rather than conflictual ways of knowing. (Likewise for other pairs of information elements, Fe/Ti, Ne/Si, Se/Ni.)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Visually I'd say LII is possible. Based on text it is hard tell apart. I would not VI type.

Typical ILE face:
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Attachment 13303Attachment 13304Attachment 13305
    Here's a few (unflattering) photos of me, somehow there's only pics of me eating... The guy on the left in the 3rd picture is my dad. I was gonna remove him for privacy reasons but he looks funny so there he is.
    Well, looking at you I'm surprised, you appear more like an LII! I'm not so sure about my initial typing of ILE, now Although visual identification isn't exactly the most reliable thing to go off.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do look close to LII-Ne. If ILE, that would also be the Ne subtype imo.

Pretty consistently animated and open in all the photos compared to the LIIs I’m familiar with tho.

You also look like a nice person. I would have approached you if I’d gone to school with you.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look a bit like my LII older brother (Ne subtype most likely). Here he is (he's 20 years older than you and the sun is in his eyes, but you may see a similarity! Also his natural open-mouth smile is quite nice and friendly, very similar to yours).

FullSizeRender-10.jpeg
    Last edited by MrsTortilla; 06-14-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Added a photo, etc.

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now I'm an LII? Haha
    Hmmm, it might just be that I try to smile when someone's taking a pic so as to not spoil the mood... I think context has a lot to do with what I look like in the pictures, since those are pics in a family and friends context and not in a business context like university, I'd say I'm most similar to what I described in my original post when I'm alone. The ILE's Ti-subtype description mentioned something about being "full of contrasts" and after reading all four ILE and LII subtypes, it's ILE-Ti the one that fits me best, especially around people I don't know, however ILE-Ne fits better when around family and friends. Any thoughts? I guess the subtypes descriptions are just a general guide and shouldn't be taken as rules, I bet most people don't really fit perfectly into a single subtype either.

Edit: Just re-read the subtypes, there's a few things from LII-Ne that are much like me (setting aside the generic Ne stuff in the descriptions, just pointing out what's different from the other 3 I mentioned): "Reserved, (...) and even-tempered, but rarely becomes very close with anyone", "Strives for independence", "Sometimes he is too categorical in his judgments and intolerant of different points of view", "Due to high self-esteem (...)it can be difficult for him to admit to being wrong", "Dislikes bureaucracy, having to petition various departments and to prepare documents" (quite literally what I wrote in the OP), "Does not always take care of his health, but understands its importance". Some other things don't fit at all, the thing about keeping up with trends and seeking an emotional partner are not like me at all.
    Last edited by Little Timmy; 06-14-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Here's a few (unflattering) photos of me
    remind ILE

> somehow there's only pics of me eating...

+ to Si valued
    also to P - as photos from the not prepared

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You look to me like a very rational ILE. You have that hint of random craziness that I associate with ILE’s but not LII’s.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm on team LII

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So now I'm an LII? Haha
    Hmmm, it might just be that I try to smile when someone's taking a pic so as to not spoil the mood... I think context has a lot to do with what I look like in the pictures, since those are pics in a family and friends context and not in a business context like university, I'd say I'm most similar to what I described in my original post when I'm alone.
    Hmm, I was wondering if your facial expression would be any different when there's no pressure on you to smile. Do you have any pictures where you think you're feeling completely natural?

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering if your facial expression would be any different when there's no pressure on you to smile. Do you have any pictures where you think you're feeling completely natural?
    Thought I didn't have any, just found two pictures of me eating a very large sandwich (in a food court with friends) and staring into the void with food in my mouth, probably thinking about something. It's really bad and my face shows up only from the side so I don't think it's worth posting. The reason behind all these food pictures is probably that I don't ever gather with people for things other than eating, and people often mess around with their phones while waiting for meals/take pictures during meals (is that a Si thing? ) and I end up in them.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thought I didn't have any, just found two pictures of me eating a very large sandwich (in a food court with friends) and staring into the void with food in my mouth, probably thinking about something. It's really bad and my face shows up only from the side so I don't think it's worth posting. The reason behind all these food pictures is probably that I don't ever gather with people for things other than eating, and people often mess around with their phones while waiting for meals/take pictures during meals (is that a Si thing? ) and I end up in them.
    Lol, your 'staring into the void' face might be the best for visual identification. But not in a photo that has an unclear angle. And yeah that's true, people take pictures all the time when eating out. Might be a Si thing, wanting to preserve the details of the moment for later reflection/enjoyment?

Would you be willing to just take a picture of yourself?