What type is this ethos?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*spock face* would this be an appropriate time to say "your mom"?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    sure why not

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad guys: SLE, LSI

Good guys: ESI, ILI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    lol
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    You know Capone
    Batman
    Gotham City
    American Gothic-esque Architecture
    Thick Brick Buildings
    Black Hats
    Speak Easys
    Big Shot
    Deep Dish Pizza

Or whatever else comes to mind

What type is this ethos?
    SLE-Se, all the way. Beta in general.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i kind of don't understand this topic... it reminds me of the movie Sin City though and that sort of feel... i thought Sin City was rather Beta (the feel of it, not just the film).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the feel of it is gamma to me, but everybody probably has different associations.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see much Seriousness underlying a gangster-dominant culture, tbh.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I don't see much Seriousness underlying a gangster-dominant culture, tbh.
    you say this like it should be obvious and i don't think its as simple as you seem to think it is. i'm not saying you're right and i'm wrong because i don't think there's a "correct" answer to the OP and i don't feel very strongly about it anyway. its just that you have this air of authority and "this is obvious"-ness to your typings and ideas that i don't really get. and you seem to have a Fe-fun and Fi-polite, Te-facts and Ti-logic sort of view towards the elements which i think can make things very clear and easy but is ultimately unhelpful for really understanding. and i think you"ll probably just think i'm talking shit or something, but seriously, i think it would help you to be a little less dogmatic.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    the feel of it is gamma to me, but everybody probably has different associations.

Yea Noir really goes will with Gamma but you can't deny the Beta -ness of the criminal underworld.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Yea Noir really goes will with Gamma but you can't deny the Beta -ness of the criminal underworld.
    what is the link between beta Se and underground crime? maybe its obvious, but would you mind humoring me?

if its just the "feel" of it, thats cool. thats all i was going for with the gamma association, anyway. i'm just wary of these associations being intended in an explicit sort of way, at least without justification.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma:
    ILI/ESI Fits the temperament
    SEE - Entertainer / Socialite
    LIE - Schemers? / IRS?

Beta Se:
    LSI - Corrupt authorities
    SLE - Criminals fighting for territory / General law breakers
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 12-06-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Creepy-male

It's kind of hard to be sensible to an ultra-precise laser precision kind of level with this topic, its typing an ethos, a zeitgeist, an era. So it would help if you could reference what you are thinking when you give a typing.

Like "In the movie 'The Untouchables' Eliot Ness was portrayed as a Gamma ESI, while Capone and his men were depicted as largerly beta, therefore I consider the typing to be Gamma-Beta"

or something to this effect, I think it would reduce a lot of confusion and potential arguments.

Personally I think its Beta.
    For some intuitive reasons I've always related to sort of gothic style, and not the 'goth' subcultre, but the architecture, style, artform. 1930's Chicago has this strange modern american gothic architectural feel to it. Hence why Batman's fictional city is essentially "GOTHAM" city aka... 1930's Chicago. The entire thing originated as a reaction to american life in the big city around the 1930's. There was poverty due to the depression, crime due to prohibition and gangs, and rags to riches stories of up and coming businessmen. The Batman story is basically variations on this, the city is tight on money, poverty and crime increase, his parents, being up and coming millionaires get killed being benevolent rockerfeller-esque business people. Then he becomes a dark serious heroic figure in a gothic architecture-esque modern 1930's chicago cityscape. The dark serious mood seems to emphasize the struggle inherent in those times. Gothic architecture is said in medevial europe to emphasize the disparity between heaven and hell. I think the gothic 1930's feel emphasizes the heaven and hell in the american dream. Reaching the pinnacle of success as a self-made entrepeneur, or reaching the pinnacle of notority, become involved in gangs like Capone. The gothic feel of 1930's american architecture I believe plays of this similar theme. The struggle between two lofty extremes, in a very beta-ish way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

beta

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Noir
    that covers it (i now understand this topic)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think of 1930s Chicago as Gamma and Beta... Se criminal/police wars.

The architecture was a hodge-podge, but the big commissions of that time were somewhat backward looking in terms of ornamentation (for example, the tribune tower is idealized gothic. Wrigley building is kind of neo-classical.) I can see how that fits with Ni.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma > Beta, I think. It was a time of individual opportunity where agreements between people and business deals were key to success. Beta times revolve more around collective movements. The 1940s were Beta.