Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Betas : Your description of the Delta types?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas : Your description of the Delta types?

I would like to have your (subjective) description of each of the four delta types.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is that in your avatar? looks like forum user ESTP.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's the chick who played Uhura in Star Trek.

EDIT: FUCK IT I WAS WRONG

FUCK FUCK FUCK GOD DAMMIT FUCK YOU BURN IN A VACUUM
    Last edited by discojoe; 09-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.

i think it's rihanna

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp - distant, judgmental, egotistical ass
    ENFp - whiny, needy, and babyish
    INFj - they're ok but I find their beliefs dumb.
    ESTj - rigid, stubborn, reactive, demanding

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    wow, you´re quite right there, except for ISTP, crazedrat. applauses.

I´m not particularly inclined to like ENFPs, although they can be in theory LOL interesting and good people.

You find INFJs dumb because they´re emotional and somewhat dumb/irrational. They´re little roses in a garden, they´re a soothing summer cool breeze.

You recognize the greatness of ESTJs... yes we´re rigid, stubborn, reactive and demanding. You got me all right there. And if you have a fucking Beta problem with this, you can either shove it up your ass, or I can shoot you and all your friends and relatives, and some other random people too because anyway everyone´s impure, in an orgy of revenge and anger because you´re being too critical, forceful and hurting my feelings LOLLOLOLROFLMAO

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    You recognize the greatness of ESTJs... yes we´re rigid, stubborn, reactive and demanding. You got me all right there. And if you have a fucking Beta problem with this, you can either shove it up your ass, or I can shoot you and all your friends and relatives, and some other random people too because anyway everyone´s impure, in an orgy of revenge and anger because you´re being too critical, forceful and hurting my feelings LOLLOLOLROFLMAO
    Airborne's keepin it real for all the delta brothas in the hood yall.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    all black people look alike

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    And you look like my ex-boyfriend. Now let's hate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    i think it's rihanna
    Rihanna, yes. I think the Uhura actress is INXP, and Rihanna could be Beta irrational. Maybe they are both INFPs?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rihanna is commonly typed INFp. Not all black people look alike.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    is she black? well, whatever. she's beautiful in any case and still kinda reminds me of ESTP.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE: ******
    SLI: ******
    LSE: ******
    EII: ******

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE: ******
    SLI: ******
    LSE: ******
    EII: ******

okay:

IEE: scattered, complaining, fun
    SLI: boring, content, easy going
    LSE: stiff, exacting, won't shut up, reliable
    EII: nice but too nice, silently judgmental, caring
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post

okay:

IEE: scattered, complaining, fun
    SLI: boring, content, easy going
    LSE: stiff, exacting, won't shut up, reliable
    I agree with all except the IEE there, I´d say: scattered, complaining, childish, irritating and needy of attention like he/she´s some superstar special person and the center of the Universe.

LSE has also this kind of 'center of the Universe' complex, but it´s more in-your-face and direct, you can easily tell that an LSE sucks, whereas the IEE will disguise under being such a nice upbeat person oh so good person.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII: nice but too nice, silently judgmental
    Funny...that's how I see IEIs.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all except the IEE there, I´d say: scattered, complaining, childish, irritating and needy of attention like he/she´s some superstar special person and the center of the Universe.
    Cunt.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop pretending to be Delta, you owl's vagina.

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking as an EII (...I think), your description is definitely partially on.

"Silently judgmental" rings very true - when you do something an EII thinks is wrong, they will at the very least judge you inside their own heads, whether you know it or not. It's very difficult for an EII to simply not judge others and internally "live and let live", when they hold so strongly to their individual ethical convictions.

"Caring" is also true of the vast majority of EIIs. When an EII is concerned about someone, they tend to invest all the energy they can into helping that person. Also, when a person approaches an EII with a problem, the EII tends to become very concerned very quickly. They have a natural tendency to take helping others personally.

"Nice but too nice" often does not fit, though - it's more true of IEIs, as Director Abbie pointed out. Most EIIs are definitely nice people by the traditional definition of "nice," but are not very prone to faking and pretending nothing is wrong when offended or slighted in some way. "Nice but bipolar" is a bit more accurate, actually.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyon View Post
    "Nice but too nice" often does not fit, though - it's more true of IEIs, as Director Abbie pointed out. Most EIIs are definitely nice people by the traditional definition of "nice," but are not very prone to faking and pretending nothing is wrong when offended or slighted in some way. "Nice but bipolar" is a bit more accurate, actually.
    lol! okay... well, I guess what I meant by "nice but too nice" is when i think about my EII aunt putting up with my annoying LSE uncle. but then again, he probably doesn't annoy her in the same way, who knows. she also remembers everyone's birthday with a card. Which is too nice in that it makes everyone else feel guilty like oh great another card from her, she's perfect and I never send her a card so now I feel like crap (although actually I don't feel like crap because I don't hold myself to other people's standards). Maybe they just come off as "too GOOD" or something. "better than you"? I dunno what it is. It's very subtle though.

and yeah I can see how "nice but too nice" would fit IEIs. I have been guilty of that at times.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol! okay... well, I guess what I meant by "nice but too nice" is when i think about my EII aunt putting up with my annoying LSE uncle. but then again, he probably doesn't annoy her in the same way, who knows. she also remembers everyone's birthday with a card. Which is too nice in that it makes everyone else feel guilty like oh great another card from her, she's perfect and I never send her a card so now I feel like crap (although actually I don't feel like crap because I don't hold myself to other people's standards). Maybe they just come off as "too GOOD" or something. "better than you"? I dunno what it is. It's very subtle though.

and yeah I can see how "nice but too nice" would fit IEIs. I have been guilty of that at times.
    Oh. Yeah, sorry, I thought you were referring to faking niceness and putting on a smiling social "mask," which is something that I personally find irksome, and is more in the field of Fe-valuing types like IEI.

I can see how EIIs would come off as "too good," though. We hold ourselves to very high ethical standards, so I understand how that might unintentionally make someone else feel guilty or bad. We're sorry, really.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEIs smile at me while thinking condescending thoughts or thoughts about where they'd rather be instead of smiling at me.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE FACT IS, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY, DELTAS DO SUCK, BUT BETAS SUCK FAR MORE.

ALPHAS ARE JUST... FINE PERHAPS, THEY DON´T BOTHER TOO MUCH, THEY´RE JUST LITTLE CHILDREN PLAYING HAPPILY.

GAMMAS CAN BE FUCKED UP EGOMANIACS BUT THEY´RE USUALLY COOL TOO. GAMMAS HAVE PROBABLY THE BEST VANTAGE POINT IN TODAY´S WESTERN CIVILIZATION BECAUSE IT´S A GAMMA CIVILIZATION WITH LOTS OF DELTA ELEMENTS, BUT IT HAS BECOME TOTALLY GAMMA IN THE PAST 50 YEARS.

NOW IT´S ONLY INDIVIDUALISM, AND THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT GAMMA IS ABOUT, THE INDIVIDUAL´S VALUE. I´VE LEARNED TO THINK BETTER ABOUT GAMMAS BECAUSE GAMMAS AND DELTAS VALUE TE/NI, WHEREAS ALPHAS JUST LOVE TO BE BULLIED OR OPPRESSED BY BETAS, WHOM THEY THINK ARE THESE WONDROUS GODS... LOL... AND BETAS LOVE ALPHAS BECAUSE ALPHAS JUST FEED THEIR EGOES SO WELL... SUCH BULLSHIT NOW LEMME GO VOMIT

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are an angry person, Airborne.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI - passive aggressive, doesn't seem to take anything seriously, uninvested in people, seems to get a lot done without much effort but never really does anything worth doing
    LSE - hard working, admirable for their ability and sometimes for their nonchalance; conversely, often crass and awkward (bull in the Fe china shop), can be overly-controlling and massive know-it-alls
    IEE - Usually reasonable but sometimes annoying, can be good for a conversation but often seem flighty and disengaged, generally good people but I have a hard time understanding them
    EII - Some of them are fun but most are just plain boring, and often judgmental
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    LSE - hard working, admirable for their ability and sometimes for their nonchalance; conversely, often crass and awkward (bull in the Fe china shop), can be overly-controlling and massive know-it-alls

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE FACT IS, THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY, DELTAS DO SUCK, BUT BETAS SUCK FAR MORE.

ALPHAS ARE JUST... FINE PERHAPS, THEY DON´T BOTHER TOO MUCH, THEY´RE JUST LITTLE CHILDREN PLAYING HAPPILY.

GAMMAS CAN BE FUCKED UP EGOMANIACS BUT THEY´RE USUALLY COOL TOO. GAMMAS HAVE PROBABLY THE BEST VANTAGE POINT IN TODAY´S WESTERN CIVILIZATION BECAUSE IT´S A GAMMA CIVILIZATION WITH LOTS OF DELTA ELEMENTS, BUT IT HAS BECOME TOTALLY GAMMA IN THE PAST 50 YEARS.

NOW IT´S ONLY INDIVIDUALISM, AND THIS IS TOTALLY WHAT GAMMA IS ABOUT, THE INDIVIDUAL´S VALUE. I´VE LEARNED TO THINK BETTER ABOUT GAMMAS BECAUSE GAMMAS AND DELTAS VALUE TE/NI, WHEREAS ALPHAS JUST LOVE TO BE BULLIED OR OPPRESSED BY BETAS, WHOM THEY THINK ARE THESE WONDROUS GODS... LOL... AND BETAS LOVE ALPHAS BECAUSE ALPHAS JUST FEED THEIR EGOES SO WELL... SUCH BULLSHIT NOW LEMME GO VOMIT
    Please, kindly up the dosage of whatever pill you're on.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. Yeah, sorry, I thought you were referring to faking niceness and putting on a smiling social "mask," which is something that I personally find irksome, and is more in the field of Fe-valuing types like IEI.

I can see how EIIs would come off as "too good," though. We hold ourselves to very high ethical standards, so I understand how that might unintentionally make someone else feel guilty or bad. We're sorry, really.
    High standards are a good thing, it's the contrived standards to watch out for.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, kindly up the dosage of whatever pill you're on.
    lol, that's your dual now, be nice

TIM
    C-EII-Ne 6w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    lol, that's your dual now, be nice
    I'm just saying... anger management issues are blatant there.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm just saying... anger management issues are blatant there.
    It's not anger, it's Fe role function humor.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    It's not anger, it's Fe role function humor.
    YES, you are totally right there, Maritsa.

People often mistake my Fe role function humor - which can be acid and sharp, sarcastic and even perhaps too direct so I understand why people make this mistake - for anger. It´s not anger, really, when you write something it´s hard to also show whether you were saying that in a kind of sarcastic and calm manner or totally pissed off and irritated. So in written language and especially this forum I´ve been learning that too often my humor is taken as offensive, and not as just making fun.

I also think people underestimate the importance of the 3rd Function (Role) which I see is very clearly used, not as often as the 1st of course, but often it replaces the 1st for a short span of time, like in my previous joke.

Whereas a serious built-up aggressive anger outburst (demonstrative Se in my case) occurs much less often. But people mistake one for the other often, and it´s not their fault, this is really complicated to convey without speaking, just through reading, you can easily not get an Fe-role joke and take it for an Se-aggression, especially if you´re Ti/Ne (alpha or beta) since Ti does not get subtleties, it just accepts all information as serious data to be dealt with.

And Maritsa, as my dual, could read me perfectly in this regard.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop pretending to be Delta, you owl's vagina.

Speaking as an EII (...I think), your description is definitely partially on.

"Silently judgmental" rings very true - when you do something an EII thinks is wrong, they will at the very least judge you inside their own heads, whether you know it or not. It's very difficult for an EII to simply not judge others and internally "live and let live", when they hold so strongly to their individual ethical convictions.

"Caring" is also true of the vast majority of EIIs. When an EII is concerned about someone, they tend to invest all the energy they can into helping that person. Also, when a person approaches an EII with a problem, the EII tends to become very concerned very quickly. They have a natural tendency to take helping others personally.

EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    This sounds like "we have our own subjective rules of what we can do and what we can't and if other's don't follow our rules or don't agree with them, we will look down on them, and if they feel bad about it, it is their own fault, cause they didn't behave the way we decided is good." I guess INFJs are the dictators of behavior?
    Should they act not according to their own standards just to make you feel better? Their not enforcing them, they live by them, whatever judgment others perceive is either a misunderstanding or a sub-product of being themselves.
    Last edited by Simon Ssmall; 09-09-2010 at 05:54 AM.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Should they act not according to their own standards just to make you feel better? They're not enforcing them, they live by them, whatever judgment others perceive is either a misunderstanding of a sub-product of being themselves.
    fixed. sorry.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

YES, you are totally right there, Maritsa.

People often mistake my Fe role function humor - which can be acid and sharp, sarcastic and even perhaps too direct so I understand why people make this mistake - for anger. It´s not anger, really, when you write something it´s hard to also show whether you were saying that in a kind of sarcastic and calm manner or totally pissed off and irritated. So in written language and especially this forum I´ve been learning that too often my humor is taken as offensive, and not as just making fun.

I also think people underestimate the importance of the 3rd Function (Role) which I see is very clearly used, not as often as the 1st of course, but often it replaces the 1st for a short span of time, like in my previous joke.

Whereas a serious built-up aggressive anger outburst (demonstrative Se in my case) occurs much less often. But people mistake one for the other often, and it´s not their fault, this is really complicated to convey without speaking, just through reading, you can easily not get an Fe-role joke and take it for an Se-aggression, especially if you´re Ti/Ne (alpha or beta) since Ti does not get subtleties, it just accepts all information as serious data to be dealt with.

And Maritsa, as my dual, could read me perfectly in this regard.

I enjoy this aspect of my duals, their humor is highly entertaining, even though I can see how it has many ethical slips in it (blunt, offensive, etc), but I can recognize when certain things have gone too far. Fi is able to recognize those lines between good/bad in a evolving/subjective and adaptive way. Once I know that you're a good person and what you say is not meant to hurt or harm any one I adapt to your ways and let you be who you are and promote social bonds. For instance, I'm able to ease the tensions of others who get offended by ESTj's bluntness/gruffness by communicating to them that that's just your type of humor, keeping your friends close by you (making sure they don't get offended and cut relations with you); helping you promote good social bonds.

In duality, you're supposed to be you and your dual accepts you as you are, but is able to take full benefit from those special abilities that you have...Te for me, Fi for you.

I'm very happy and content to be duals with such wonderful, sensitive, smart, organized, logical duals; You
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-09-2010 at 05:29 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Fi for you, Te for me,Fi for you, Te for me.

Please don't go away, I'm ready and I'm able
    Please don't go away (Don't go!) 'till morning comes around.
    Please don't go away while maritsian typing is on the table
    Please don't go away (Don't go!) just lay your body down.

Now I don't know what I would do if you got up to leave,
    My jealous heart beats deep inside and not here on my sleeve.
    'Cause I could show a boy like you such loving and affection,
    I don't want to make no speech this here ain't no election.

Please don't go away, Honey, change your mind and stay!
    Hot love's on the way, Honey, let me hear you say - yeah, yeah, yeah!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs are probably the most bearable, cause I can write off their scattered social capers without much tax. don't have many issues with LSEs; dealing with them in work settings is manageable, as long as they don't have too much authority. EIIs are just neutral to me, at this point; dealing with an Fi-EII parent for so long has immunized me to the silent judgments and attitude of aristocratic entitlement. SLIs I don't interact with much, and it seems when I do, there isn't a lot to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    IEIs smile at me while thinking condescending thoughts or thoughts about where they'd rather be instead of smiling at me.
    yeah, I do that, but who doesn't? it's hard not to see warped comedy in interpersonal activities on a daily basis, and usually people aren't aware to how they're casting themselves, so it's easy to see caricatures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Should they act not according to their own standards just to make you feel better? Their not enforcing them, they live by them, whatever judgment others perceive is either a misunderstanding or a sub-product of being themselves.
    if they're just "living by them," there's no need to judge others against them; that's basically trying to justify them to yourself. betas are easier for me to deal with in this regard, because they'll either write off any possible agreement of beliefs, or directly attempt to influence me.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs are cute little flowers.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE - a nice, generous and interesting person from distance. However scatter brained, unstable, unreliable in close interaction. Impossible to understand their intentions. Treats everybody equally nicely so you will never know what status you have in their eyes.
    SLI - Calm, majority dresses well, lazy, narrow minded.
    EII- sympathetic, reliable, calm, hard working. Like IEE treats everybody equally nicely so you will never know what status you have in their eyes.
    LSE - hard working, strict, asks stupid questions, insecure, rational, reliable themselves however doesn't trust others.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast