Thread: What's this all about? So I'm

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's this all about? So I'm...

I'm in my car going 70. I'm sliding along to some music on the radio, having a grand ol' time. Next, I pull into the school parking lot, I'm tapping at the wheel to a beat waiting for people to cross. I get out of my car, walk towards the building, feel the warmth and the wind that feels so good.

I open the door and enter. The door shuts and I see the people around me. They're not paying attention to me really, but I feel something bad about them being here. It's like I am all of a sudden disturbed by the presence of the atmosphere of the building, and the people. I don't really get a sense of emotion, just that there are people in the building and I don't like it. I feel trapped.

Does this have something to do with one of my functions? A negative function, or possibly a POLR function? Or is it due to the fact that I'm an introvert? Any similar experiences often?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I'm in my car going 70. I'm sliding along to some music on the radio, having a grand ol' time. Next, I pull into the school parking lot, I'm tapping at the wheel to a beat waiting for people to cross. I get out of my car, walk towards the building, feel the warmth and the wind that feels so good.

I open the door and enter. The door shuts and I see the people around me. They're not paying attention to me really, but I feel something bad about them being here. It's like I am all of a sudden disturbed by the presence of the atmosphere of the building, and the people. I don't really get a sense of emotion, just that there are people in the building and I don't like it. I feel trapped.

Does this have something to do with one of my functions? A negative function, or possibly a POLR function? Or is it due to the fact that I'm an introvert? Any similar experiences often?
    social anxiety?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    social anxiety?
    And which type can usually have social anxiety?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a) two IEI's that I know, have somewhat similar experiences.

When it's crowded or they are on a bus or something, they get the feeling of not being able to escape, or the presence of to many people overloads them.

It's more of a phobia (claustrophobia or something)

b) In your case, I don't know.

c) Social anxiety would be something for introverts in general I guess, especially logical types.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm an extroverted ethical type and I have it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I'm not sure if I have exactly the same feeling... Usually I love empty buildings. I like going to art museums in the middle of the week when there's no one there. My favorite parks are ones that aren't very busy. I enjoy crowds too, but it depends on the situation. I also hate limelight and anyone focusing their attention on me.

I don't think social anxiety is limited to introverts. If the majority of your childhood experience consists of unacceptance, you're probably going to have some form of social anxiety.

I'd also say that I have it, although things have gotten much MUCH better as I've gotten older.
    IEE