Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Romantic Relationship You Have Had

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best Romantic Relationship You Have Had...

What type was it with? And why was it so flyyy?

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    So. . . why is the past tense used? You'd think if it was so great it'd still be going on?
    good point.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Probably the most ROMANTIC (not necessarily the BEST) relationship I ever had was with another INFp. Back when I was like 16. It was just one of those tragic I-love-you-so-much-but-we-can-never-be-together-forever relationships. Partly because his parents were nazis. But that fact added to the romance. You know, the whole Romeo/Juliet thing. Otherwise, it's my ESE husband (still going on). Yes it's a supervisory thing but he's a wonderful guy to have a life with and no things aren't perfect but I love him and the sex is great. what can I say.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can definetly answer which were the worst ones, ha. Probobly LIE. The whole thing was just a disaster. Huge, huge disaster...a year and a half of a disaster. I actually found myself in a good relationship with a LSI at one point which I didn't think would ever be possible but it was very comfortable. Not romantic, but comfortable. We were too much alike though so that didn't really work...felt a bit like dating your brother but we're still friends. I guess that one was the most stable out of all my relationships. I dated a SEE and they're very good partners if all you want out of it is the physical aspect. Blah, I'm on a dating hiatus for a few more months.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Best sex: SLE
    Strongest feelings: ILI
    Most romantic: IEI
    Only bad relation: LSI ? (not sure about type)
    Best husband: ILE
    Most innocent: IEI (possibly SEI)
    Sweetest guy: SLI (possibly SLE)
    Most sexy: SLE
    Most loved by my mother: EIE

I think that sums it up... hmm...
    those are great.

I'll add a couple
    longest crush (YEARS): ESI
    most innocent and sweetest: SEI
    strongest feelings: IEI
    liked the least: SEE
    easiest to start and leave (because he basically did everything before I even had the chance to fall for him seriously and then it was over due to proximity): SLE
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Well, I can definetly answer which were the worst ones, ha. Probobly LIE. The whole thing was just a disaster. Huge, huge disaster...a year and a half of a disaster. I actually found myself in a good relationship with a LSI at one point which I didn't think would ever be possible but it was very comfortable. Not romantic, but comfortable. We were too much alike though so that didn't really work...felt a bit like dating your brother but we're still friends. I guess that one was the most stable out of all my relationships. I dated a SEE and they're very good partners if all you want out of it is the physical aspect. Blah, I'm on a dating hiatus for a few more months.
    weren't you dating an IEI for awhile? How would you rate that one?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    weren't you dating an IEI for awhile? How would you rate that one?
    He's the only one I ever cared about, yeah...but it was extremely unhealthy....extreeeemly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the only one I ever cared about, yeah...but it was extremely unhealthy....extreeeemly.
    awww, I'm sorry.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI. And we're still together. Two Beta NFs in a relationship together is like.. crazy romance/emotion/intensity. It's almost too much for one to handle -- but we both love it! It's made me the happiest, healthiest I've ever been probably in my entire life and I'm in love.

End of story!
    <3

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post

It was with myself. Cuz Im fly and I adore mehslef. =)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    IEI. And we're still together. Two Beta NFs in a relationship together is like.. crazy romance/emotion/intensity. It's almost too much for one to handle -- but we both love it! It's made me the happiest, healthiest I've ever been probably in my entire life and I'm in love.

End of story!
    <3
    awww, what a great story! I'm so happy for you
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in chronological order:

ESI: excellent, couldn't have asked for more... but it was a "first love" when I was a teenager (14 to 16 years old) and thus doomed to failure, apparently

EFxx: Had fun and really connected, but I couldn't trust him to be faithful, so I got rid of him

LSE: holy power struggles batman! constant arguing. it sucked ass. but he's my son's father, so I definitely got something good out of it! lol

LSI: he was the "anti-LSE", a rebound thing that I am rather ashamed of for many reasons

LII: we connected on a level than I hadn't before, an intellectual level among other things. He understood me better than anyone ever had (except maybe the first ESI? I suppose there wasn't as much to understand at the time though), but he did not share my life with me. He didn't DO anything, and he said that my enterprising nature was the most unattractive thing about me (with my occasional hypochondria was a close second). I tortured myself to develop stronger Si to make the relationship work, but it did nothing more than make me miserable. So, in spite of a strong mutual attraction and absolute trust and intellectual stimulation, we were all wrong for eachother. Plus he didn't want kids.

ESI: <3 The Fe ignoring bothers me sometimes, and the pessimism can be difficult to handle when I see it as counterproductive, but overall it kicks ass. I need to do some more work on my part some more, and be more open about what I need from him. And I want his babies.
    Last edited by Joy; 11-02-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, to answer the question...

My relationship with the first ESI (Fi subtype) seemed absolutely perfect at the time, but I suppose I wasn't ready to settle down. I didn't know what else was out there, and even more so, I needed to learn more about myself and about life. I don't know how things would have worked out if we had stayed together, but I do know that I would have missed a lot of very difficult times through which I learned a lot of invaluable lessons. We never really experienced an adult relationships (since we both lived with our parents), so it's difficult to judge what it would have been like if it had started when we were adults. Judging by what he was like then and what he's like now, I'm not sure he would have pushed me as much as the second ESI does (which is something that I need). I know he would have been a good dad for the same reasons I know the second ESI will be, but he doesn't have the kind of intolerance for disorder, self-discipline, and "get er done" attitude that the second ESI has (which I also definitley need).

My relationship with the second ESI (Se subtype) doesn't have that "first love" charm to it, nor the tumultuous and crazy in-your-face hormones and novelties of a teenage relationship, but he is the most dependable person I've ever known. He's the type of person I always wanted to be with, and we're compatible in a lot of ways that aren't directly related to socionics. He's a bit "harsher" than the first ESI. More strict. I need it though. He's also a lot more dependable about keeping on top of day to day stuff, something that I fall apart without. He's very self-possessed, knowing what he wants (and doesn't want) and why about the kind of stuff I tend to be indecisive about. He's also a lot of fun. We laugh a lot. And he's good at dealing with me when I'm feeling overwhelmed. He's more insistant that I talk about something that's bothering me than the first ESI was (something I need), but then again, I probably didn't require as much prompting when I was a teenager.

Both ESI's are/were extremely loyal, committed, and honest. Both would have been/will be excellent parents. The only thing that he first relationship has over the second is that, being teenagers experiencing our "first love", we spent most of our free time just being together. Making out, playing video games, watching TV, going places together, just holding each other, etc. I think this is more of a reflection of life stage than of the individuals involved though.

The only good I can say about the relationships with the other types was that I learned from them (and the EFxx and I did have a lot of fun too I suppose, laughed a lot).
    Last edited by Joy; 11-02-2008 at 10:24 AM.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post

End of story!
    <3
    Sounds like you are in LOVE.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Best sex: SLE
    Strongest feelings: ILI
    Most romantic: IEI
    Only bad relation: LSI ? (not sure about type)
    Best husband: ILE
    Most innocent: IEI (possibly SEI)
    Sweetest guy: SLI (possibly SLE)
    Most sexy: SLE
    Most loved by my mother: EIE

I think that sums it up... hmm...
    Thanks =)! Why was it bad with the LSI? I love those guys! Well I only know 2...but yeahhh I love 'em!

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you! Why settle...

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    in chronological order:

ESI: excellent, couldn't have asked for me... but it was a "first love" when I was a teenager and thus doomed to failure, apparently

EFxx: Had fun and really connected, but I couldn't trust him to be faithful, so got rid of him

LSE: holy power struggles batman! constant arguing. it sucked ass.

LSI: he was the "anti-LSE", a rebound thing that I am rather ashamed of for many reasons

LII: we connected on a level than I hadn't before, an intellectual level, but he did not share my life with me. He wouldn't DO anything, and he said that my enterprising nature was the most unattractive thing about me (with my occasional hypochondria as a close second). I tortured myself to develop stronger Si, but it did nothing more than make me miserable. So, in spite of a strong mutual attraction and absolute trust and intellectual stimulation, we were all wrong for eachother. Plus he didn't want kids.

ESI: <3 The Fe ignoring bothers me sometimes, and the pessimism can be difficult to handle when I see it as counterproductive, but overall it kicks ass. I need to do some more work on my part some more, and be more open about what I need from him. And I want his babies.

Thanks! Those are great explinations, glad you found someone who is baby worthy !

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    IEI.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Word.
    Seconded.

I find myself the most loveable person and best romantic partner in the entire history of universe. I would absolutely die, if I couldn't be with myself all the time
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    Us Te creatives sure do think alike, eh?
    Apparently
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an IEE. if circumstances were different i think we'd still be hooked up.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! Those are great explinations, glad you found someone who is baby worthy !
    lol, thanks

(I'm glad I did, too! )
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best relationship is with my husband <3 <3 <3 10 years of bliss!

I had a lovely relationship with an ISFp for a while but I got tired of him, and dumped him for an ENTj (big shift!) I dated the ENTj for a long time, but we started fighting a lot and it just wasn't working out. I met my husband on the rebound from the ENTj.

I've dated other guys but those three were the most serious. Any other relationships didn't last more than a few months and I don't know if intertype relationships are very visible early on.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why iei? I'm not sure. I'm too tired to explain. It's just he was cutsey, and allowed me to be in charge and was probably one of the very few people in life who never once, not at all, criticized me. Okay. I exaggerate. He did, just the once. Nobody's perfect.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ex was an SEE, to the best of my knowledge.

He was a sweet enough guy, but he was very prone to mood swings, very easily agitated by misunderstandings, and, although very deep and emotional, I always felt as if there was a level of emotional disconnect with him as well....does that make any sense?

I think the thing that bothered me most about him was the way in which he could be so emotional and overly dramatic without actually having a deeper meaning behind it- his reactions seemed to only be there to serve his own purposes.

I have my focus on what appears to be an SLE right now, but things are very complicated. We've both been hurt recently, and there is a lot of caution surrounding exchange of feelings. I'm hoping it may grow, but this lingering growth of a relationship is refreshing in many ways. I am used to rushing in, being hit with a rush of emotions that is passionate and reciprocated and then wanes. There is almost an unspoken element to this current relationship, which right now we dare not to speak of, but I feel it is there, on some level, somehow. This feels like it has the potential for more than that, but right now I'm trying not to focus too heavily on future possibilities, I don't want to rush in.

I still daydream about the whole thing a lot though

I'm not really sure what to make of him yet, there's a lot under the surface.

From what I know so far, I'd say as far as my relationships go it's SLE>SEE, but I was with the SEE for 7.5 years, and the SLE thing I wouldn't even define as "boyfriend" yet. I'm in a very experimental stage with him, looking forward to exploring the possibilities further.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of my relationships have met my standards of happiness yet.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best romantic relationship was with the dead hooker I found in the woods when I was 14. Her ass was tight and she smelled like beef jerky.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an ILI sweetheart running around. I had strong feelings at the time; and still do.

While not exactly romantic, I have a close relationship with a SEI girl too.

I love both to death, but there are many things that bother me sometimes. I simply can't handle the victim attitude of the ILI and the irrationality and mood instability of the SEI.

I've come to the conclusion that I would only be happy with an SLI. I don't get along well with the Te subtype though. They are simply too sharp and proud for my tastes. The Si subtype is far more, I don't know, "human".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post

This message is endorsed by rmcnew (blame him!).
    Wich one is you?

INTp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Wich one is you?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit this was a really interesting subject matter and it's been derailed
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    So. . . why is the past tense used? You'd think if it was so great it'd still be going on?
    sick avatar dood.

and good point lols.

uhhhh....best romantic relationship....um...well i guess it was super ego, ENTp...but it turned into a pretty bad one after a year or so. there was on other one that was possibly duality but....uh...that....doesn't.....count as much? >.> /doesn't wanna talk about it

ill get back to you though, might have a good one in the oven. we'll see. seemingly healthier.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    There is an ILI sweetheart running around. I had strong feelings at the time; and still do.

While not exactly romantic, I have a close relationship with a SEI girl too.

I love both to death, but there are many things that bother me sometimes. I simply can't handle the victim attitude of the ILI and the irrationality and mood instability of the SEI.

I've come to the conclusion that I would only be happy with an SLI. I don't get along well with the Te subtype though. They are simply too sharp and proud for my tastes. The Si subtype is far more, I don't know, "human".
    Yeah, go for the SLI! Especially if you're not enjoying the other relationships as much. Interesting...I guess the subtype thing really is accurate, since you prefer the Si subtype and are Ne yourself. I do like Si subtypes but they can seem almost too soft and warm and fuzzy to me (but for friends I enjoy them). I actually prefer the sharpness about the Te types, as I admire that and though it could look too proud I guess, to me it makes me feel like they're a strong person who can just take care of their business and I can relax. ANd the proudness can be cute on the right person.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about this the other day too.. I am an Fi sub, and I think the Te sub and I get along better, although initially they intimidate me quite a bit with their seriousness. After getting to know my Te friend better, her moods don't throw me as much, and she warms up quite a bit. The Si subs I've known prefer to stay within their comfort zone and don't like suggestions to move outside it. I think my energy level is too much for them in a romantic relationship. But there could have been other factors involved in that...

My best relationship so far has been with an LII. He's the most caring, considerate, intelligent guy I've ever known, and on some level I'll always adore him. Unfortunately for my idealistic self, I always felt like there was a fundamental disconnect, despite the fact that we had so much in common and so much to talk about. Can't get around that d*mn Ti We're still friends, though, and I'm glad for that.
    IEE

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Yeah, go for the SLI! Especially if you're not enjoying the other relationships as much. Interesting...I guess the subtype thing really is accurate, since you prefer the Si subtype and are Ne yourself. I do like Si subtypes but they can seem almost too soft and warm and fuzzy to me (but for friends I enjoy them). I actually prefer the sharpness about the Te types, as I admire that and though it could look too proud I guess, to me it makes me feel like they're a strong person who can just take care of their business and I can relax. ANd the proudness can be cute on the right person.
    Finally someone with Te love. So often I'd compare myself to the Si subtype and it was so off... I think that's probobly why I questioned SLI so often. Anyhow, good to know SLI-Te lovers exist. Was beginning to feel a bit of the outcast

Creepy-bg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast