Thread: glamourama

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default glamourama

I'm pretty certain at this point that glam is LII. She is very active in organizing things and information, much more so than I think an IEI would be. An example is her rather meticulously maintained self-typing compilation on wikisocion, which involves a lot of as well as . Generally she seems rather socially distant but occasionally becomes engaged in the more theoretical conversations. When she does so she usually has rather strong views about the subject and doesn't try to be super-diplomatic about it. Plus, I feel more similar to her than I do to most people on the site. We almost always come to the same conclusions about stuff. For example, she made a suggestion to add a Community section in the subforum layout, only to find that I had already done it.

Pretty sure there hasn't really been a discussion of her type thus far so I thought I'd bring it up. (Who knows, maybe I can even convince her. ) There is more evidence here (I've taken the liberty of some administrative snooping ) and perhaps it could be reposted if that's ok with glam. I'd like to also hear from people who have met glam. Am I being crazy or what?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol that's evidence?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratsshadow View Post
    lol that's evidence?
    troll...

Come to think of it ILI is another distinct possibility.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I'm pretty certain at this point that glam is LII. She is very active in organizing things and information, much more so than I think an IEI would be. An example is her rather meticulously maintained self-typing compilation on wikisocion, which involves a lot of as well as . Generally she seems rather socially distant but occasionally becomes engaged in the more theoretical conversations. When she does so she usually has rather strong views about the subject and doesn't try to be super-diplomatic about it. Plus, I feel more similar to her than I do to most people on the site. We almost always come to the same conclusions about stuff. For example, she made a suggestion to add a Community section in the subforum layout, only to find that I had already done it.

Pretty sure there hasn't really been a discussion of her type thus far so I thought I'd bring it up. (Who knows, maybe I can even convince her. ) There is more evidence here (I've taken the liberty of some administrative snooping ) and perhaps it could be reposted if that's ok with glam. I'd like to also hear from people who have met glam.
    BTW, I have thought a few times that me and FDG are the same Socionics type, although it is clear we are not.

Am I being crazy or what?
    Ne egos like to shake things (ideas, actually) up from time to time. Don't we?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What you're describing would fall into realm of behavior of Ni-IEI - generally socially distant, will engage in theoretical discussion, strong views when they do come out, doesn't try to be super-diplomatic as getting to the core or truth is viewed as more important than making social bonds. Compiling information - I've done some extensive compilations in my life, up to editing and writing articles for Wikipedia, but I thought that had to do more with enneagram (5s tend to hoard information). This one is definitely not a thing.

As for feeling very alike, I know one LII who periodically would as if read my mind. I would be thinking of something only to later find him saying exactly same thing. Doesn't happen too often, but it is pretty amazing when it does happen to be memorable.

that evidence you linked is missing btw

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When she does so she usually has rather strong views about the subject and doesn't try to be super-diplomatic about it.
    Who says IEIs are super diplomatic? I have strong views about stuff too. *cough gay rights *cough*

Plus, I feel more similar to her than I do to most people on the site.
    We're all more alike here than we are different, or we wouldn't communicate with each other or be drawn to the same things. Hitta, rat, and myself both like video games- me and Dolphin are crazy about gay sailor moon magic. BG, myself, and Gilly and Jake and Ashton are all middle class mama boys that like to talk tough on the internets. You guys just like to sound smart and talk all smarty pants w/o cutting down to the truth of things. You use your ego too much, and any difference between others fascinates you (I'm the same way as it's sorta interesting the ways people find to exclude other people and hate them and discriminate them from social groups. Like amazing atheist said 'we'll always be exclusionary douchebags') I guess there's nothing wrong with that but I think sometimes we all need to wake up and smell reality??

And I would agree with you on the sub-forum thingie too and I'm IEI. Whatever, you want to view us as 'weak' and 'diplomatic' so you don't have to deal with us, but I got under your skin before lots of times. I guess since though I'm a pussy IEI and not a 'hard-ass' ILI you have every right to say untrue things about me. WHAT'S IN YOUR HEAD ISN'T WHAT'S REAL. IT'S JUST WHAT'S IN YOUR HEAD. DO NOT LET IT GO TO YOUR HEAD.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Who knows, maybe I can even convince her. )
    No. You can only annoy her, insult her, or make her laugh.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why not SLE for glamourama ? It seems like a reasonable typing.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wanted to do this just because no one has ever argued Glams type, but I have no problem with Glam as IEI. Just for thought, I have wondered if Hotel is more of an ILI though.

Okay bye.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Just for thought, I have wondered if Hotel is more of an ILI though.
    Definitely. He has this ILI aura around him, it is magical and fairylike to say the least.

Anyway, does Ammonius Cuntonius, a member on here ring any bells ? I think you two are the same type.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Definitely. He has this ILI aura around him, it is magical and fairylike to say the least.

Anyway, does Ammonius Cuntonius, a member on here ring any bells ? I think you two are the same type.
    Lol, I know you're being a dick, but you always make me laugh. Nah, I just wanted to put the idea out and see if anything comes of it because it's not enough that I'm arguing a different type, but enough that I would like to see if anyone else has a similar opinion. I just find it weird that an LII would be interested in being administrator and accepting of the Se role he would have to play. It doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest. If he is ILI, he's one of the few good natured ones.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol, I know you're being a dick, but you always make me laugh.
    True. Who said Absurd is a Si-LSE? He is flexing that mobilizing Ne left and right. Reminds me of a Te/Ne-LSE I know who is constantly cracking jokes. For my conflictor he is actually a pretty funny guy. I couldn't even believe he was LSE.

Hotel is more Ti-ish than Ne-ish and Ti-ish LIIs can sometimes give vibes alike ILIs. Likewise Ni-ILIs can look like EIIs, Ni-IEIs can look like LIIs, and FI-EIIs can look like purple marmalade.
    Last edited by silke; 04-10-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    True. Who said Absurd is a Si-LSE? He is flexing that mobilizing Ne left and right. Reminds me of a Te/Ne-SLE I know who is constantly cracking jokes. For my conflictor he is actually a pretty funny guy. I couldn't even believe he was LSE.
    I don't get it. Sit down in my terribly dumb thread and voice your opinion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be a strange way to put this... I've always thought Glam was pretty cool. In a totally different way than I've ever thought about anyone here who's supposedly my dual...lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    This may be a strange way to put this... I've always thought Glam was pretty cool. In a totally different way than I've ever thought about anyone here who's supposedly my dual...lol.
    that's cause she IS pretty cool. She's unique and herself! No matter what her type! We you, Glam!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't get it. Sit down in my terribly dumb thread and voice your opinion.
    done, I've mis-typed LSE and SLE that's all there is to it

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hah cool - i've been here 3.5 years and this might be the first time someone started a thread to question my type.

Generally she seems rather socially distant but occasionally becomes engaged in the more theoretical conversations. When she does so she usually has rather strong views about the subject and doesn't try to be super-diplomatic about it.
    about diplomacy: it's my natural inclination to want to believe the best in people. i'd rather get along with everyone, and i'm good at doing so relatively effortlessly and automatically. it's usually not a problem for me to know what and what not to do to maintain positive relations with people. of course, it's idealistic to think that i can truly be everybody's friend. if someone pisses me off enough, i won't sacrifice being honest for the sake of getting along with them. if i have very little respect or liking for someone, it will probably eventually show in my interactions with them.

about my views: if i'm confident enough in them, and interested enough in the topic, i will sometimes engage in discussion about it. while i have strong views on some things, i still may feel uncertain about discussing them, enough to where i often keep my opinions to myself. i feel like i have to understand something very well, inside and out, to be able to effectively disagree with someone else, but that's not always realistic. it's an area i feel like i'd like to be good in, but that i usually don't feel a lot of confidence in.

I'd like to also hear from people who have met glam.
    the several people whom i've met IRL all seem to think i am IEI, or least they didn't really question it. i am good friends with hkkmr (ILE) in real life and though we get along very well, he can probably vouch that i'm not in his quadra. esper is another IEI whom i have met several times. she seems to be more socially engaged and charming than i am, and there are other differences between us, but i still see her as my Identical.

if it matters: right now i type myself 4w? sp/sx variant (though i am kind of critical about Enneagram these days). i feel sure i'm IEI, but i don't know what subtypes i am (in both the 2-subtype and DCNH systems).

and yeah, sorry but i deleted a lot of old posts because they were embarrassing and made me cringe. if people want to ask me questions or whatever to get me to talk about myself, i might try and answer them.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    that's cause she IS pretty cool. She's unique and herself! No matter what her type! We you, Glam!
    aw, thanks guys

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Glam!!! Might Michael Douglas be ESTp?

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hmmm i don't get the impression he's SLE, but idk what his type is really. Catherine Zeta-Jones is supposed to be LSI, so maybe he's EIE? if i was going to look into his type, i might look at that typing first.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a serious thread?

an IEI mistaken for an LII ??

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look forward to the new Glamourama once THA has popped round her home to replace her wardrobe, decor, books, and albums. LII Eye for the Beta IEI.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not SLE for glamourama ? It seems like a reasonable typing.
    Hm, perhaps LSI is better than ILI?

Lol, I know you're being a dick, but you always make me laugh. Nah, I just wanted to put the idea out and see if anything comes of it because it's not enough that I'm arguing a different type, but enough that I would like to see if anyone else has a similar opinion. I just find it weird that an LII would be interested in being administrator and accepting of the Se role he would have to play. It doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest. If he is ILI, he's one of the few good natured ones.
    I have to say, being admin has brought out a different side of me, and not one I especially like. I'm going to try to cut back on my involvement in the forum politics.

I think most people can agree glam is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by glam
    about diplomacy: it's my natural inclination to want to believe the best in people. i'd rather get along with everyone, and i'm good at doing so relatively effortlessly and automatically. it's usually not a problem for me to know what and what not to do to maintain positive relations with people. of course, it's idealistic to think that i can truly be everybody's friend. if someone pisses me off enough, i won't sacrifice being honest for the sake of getting along with them. if i have very little respect or liking for someone, it will probably eventually show in my interactions with them.

about my views: if i'm confident enough in them, and interested enough in the topic, i will sometimes engage in discussion about it. while i have strong views on some things, i still may feel uncertain about discussing them, enough to where i often keep my opinions to myself. i feel like i have to understand something very well, inside and out, to be able to effectively disagree with someone else, but that's not always realistic. it's an area i feel like i'd like to be good in, but that i usually don't feel a lot of confidence in.
    ok, that's good evidence. It still generally seems to me that you engage more in than , though. You might just be a more intelligent / socially reserved ethical type like Rick.

the several people whom i've met IRL all seem to think i am IEI, or least they didn't really question it.
    ok, but I'm more interested to know whether they think LII or something else is possible now that I've suggested it. Maybe they just never thought of it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally don't find glam socially distant. Oh and she is cool regardless of type
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Is this a serious thread?

an IEI mistaken for an LII ??
    Yes and it is an LII mistaken for IEI.

Hm, perhaps LSI is better than ILI?
    Don't worry, you've got 14 more to go or is it 13 ? I'm lost.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glam is the awesome kind of IEI that can be very organized (at times?). I was housemates with one once and we got along really well.

Hi glam Hope you're well.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pretty sure there hasn't really been a discussion of her type thus far so I thought I'd bring it up. (Who knows, maybe I can even convince her. ) There is more evidence here (I've taken the liberty of some administrative snooping ) and perhaps it could be reposted if that's ok with glam. I'd like to also hear from people who have met glam. Am I being crazy or what?
    I'm pretty sure you just want to mate with her.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hello hitta! happy belated birthday btw.

thanks and hello to you too, Ryu, Ssmall, and THA.
    Last edited by glam; 04-16-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    hello hitta! happy belated birthday btw.
    thanks
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    I'm pretty sure you just want to mate with her.
    lol not true, but ok...

Creepy-male

SUSPICIOUSLY SPECIFIC DENIAL