Thread: Other quadras perception of Beta

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other quadras perception of Beta

It's sort of been covered before but frankly I'm too lazy to look it up. Could one possibly say that those not valuing Fe view those that do as being well..."crazy"? Any individual examples of this occuring? If this is a common assumption, why is it?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

=Acting Crazy
    =Thinking Crazy

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should clarify myself. Lots of Fi people that I know seem to get that impression of me when I'm just being honest and straightforward. I guess it comes off as super agressive even when I don't intend for it to be that way, just me expressing myself. Is that a common problem for us?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I guess I should clarify myself. Lots of Fi people that I know seem to get that impression of me when I'm just being honest and straightforward. I guess it comes off as super agressive even when I don't intend for it to be that way, just me expressing myself. Is that a common problem for us?
    Do you mean Betas in general, or just your type? I can see people might be put off by an abrasive type who tramples over their internal feelings, but that's generally reserved for SLE's because of polr.
    As for IEI's, they tend to want a good feeling rapport with everyone, so I can't see them being a threat to valuers. ENFj's are kinda a mixed bag, some like to keep a good rapport with others, while others just speak their minds.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Fe valuers of being crazy at all... My general impression of Beta is that they put a lot importance as to how they come off to others. They like portraying a certain image, a sort facade. Your image is very important, and you are sort of gauged by it. There are some that come off aggressive, but you realize that they probably have a lot of insecurities inside that they don't want others to know about.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I don't see Fe valuers of being crazy at all... My general impression of Beta is that they put a lot importance as to how they come off to others. They like portraying a certain image, a sort facade. Your image is very important, and you are sort of gauged by it. There are some that come off aggressive, but you realize that they probably have a lot of insecurities inside that they don't want others to know about.
    I agree 100% with this analysis.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    =Acting Crazy
    =Thinking Crazy
    That's a great way to put it abs
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta is just odd.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    =Acting Crazy
    =Thinking Crazy
    lol I've thought something like that.

betas are just.. so .. animated. They're fun to watch lol.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But like....why? Can we get any personal examples of them acting "crazy" or overly emotional? I dunno, I don't get it. I think i'll be acting completely rational and what not and I'll hear the complete opposite from people, mainly when I'm angry. I think it's just a normal human reaction to act the way I act but people will say I overreact all the time and I'm wondering if this was something Beta's have in common. To me, them NOT reacting at all makes them the crazy ones but no one sees it that way.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see Fe as being crazy in and of itself, I just find it to be rather superficial, as in, overly concerned about the external projection of people, or as Lobo stated, "image orientated". I often find that being in an Fe environment that I have to compromise my comfort and sacrifice my energy to accommodate everyone. I mean, I'm not against showing emotion, I just want to do it naturally, in my own way, without it being expected and without my lack of, or presence of it, being judged.

The main issue I have with Beta Fe is that it's more "in your face", like "I do what I want, I say what I want, and I don't care if it bothers you!" Which is the complete opposite how I prefer to approach things

But in terms of Fe=over-reacting, idk, I really think any one can appear as if they're over-reacting to something depending on the issue and whose calling you out on it in the first place.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired