Thread: xNFx help plz :P

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xNFx help plz :P

Been having trouble determining my type. ^^ help me find it?

Things that I do know and am sure of:

Enneagram is 6w7 4w3 9w8 so/sx, I'm definitely a 6, loyal, skeptic, doubtful, there for the underdog, natural troubleshooter, anxiety is always there and I can go from phobic to counter phobic and confrontational in a heartbeat if I see bullshit going on, living things being mistreated or if I am attacked in any way. I like to devil's advocate a lot and have control issues where I mistrust authority, can do the things that are required of me if asked nicely and with respect...but react in a volatile manner if someone tells me what to think, feel and commands me around without my consent or me agreeing with what needs to be done. I'm especially attuned to recognizing imbalances of power, bullshit, manipulation, lies and falseness. I find that I can just read other people's emotional states and body language with ease, even if they try to hide it. I doubt myself and others, skeptical and like to challenge ideas and systems (shoot down the holes and see how they hold up). Like to challenge the status quo.

I'm also kind of not really healthy, some social anxiety, afraid of failing, rejection and ridicule. Have a certain amount of emotional scarring and oscillate between states of self confidence and very low self confidence. Certain avoidant tendencies are present. I'm just scared of rejection lol and may react in a volatile manner to it or just withdraw. Depends on the situation.

Sometimes I can't stop myself from seeing possibilities, which is why I have a problem with my typing...I could be this type or that, some of this is me some of it is not me. Normally however I'm better at getting to the core of an issue, finding the problems and generating ways of improving things (also skilled at solving technical problems as well as interpersonal and intrapersonal or social ones). Kinda suck at the "applying them myself part". Another problem I have is that I THINK A LOT..even when I don't intend to...so i come up with all sorts of things and sometimes it looks like I'm trapped inside my head. I love to debate, brainstorm ideas with others a lot.

I'm an NF (a bit more on the thinking side them most descriptions)...I don't care for poetry of excessive uncalled for displays of negative emotion (whining and "oh woes me" drama) . -.- really hate it when someone gets all dramatic and negative/hysterical..especially if it is fake and I can just see right through the act. I can understand outbursts of anger and assertiveness thou. I like to help where I can with advice and in a more practical way as well, to help other see a brighter side (even thou I tend to see the darker side more clearly myself).

I'm fairly disorganized, like to improvise, messy, but I do not like nasty surprises, so I anticipate things and prepare mentally, sometimes draw up plans for more difficult situations.

MBTI is xNFx as well. I really can't decide over there as well. Temperament wise it is Phlegmatic-Melancholic. I'm fairly easy going most of the time apart from anxiety and drive for deeper meaning or when I get reactive-defensive.

Socionics: I scored IEI and EII the most, occasional IEE and once ILI.

Alphas seem okay by my standards, maybe a bit too "out there";
    Betas...I already said I don't like drama...but I cause a fair amount of it myself sometimes so I'm lost on this one. I can relate somewhat, but not a lot.
    Gammas...seem like everything I'd oppose. I can see butting heads with this type of person pretty often. Main problem is the rules, rigidity, materialism, and greed.
    Deltas this is the one I see myself the most in. Agree with all things from here, nothing to complain about.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    Been having trouble determining my type. ^^ help me find it?
    Your Big Five score, please: http://similarminds.com/bigfive.html .

Alphas seem okay by my standards, maybe a bit too "out there";
    Betas...I already said I don't like drama...but I cause a fair amount of it myself sometimes so I'm lost on this one. I can relate somewhat, but not a lot.
    Gammas...seem like everything I'd oppose. I can see butting heads with this type of person pretty often. Main problem is the rules, rigidity, materialism, and greed.
    Deltas this is the one I see myself the most in. Agree with all things from here, nothing to complain about.
    I don't know exactly where you learned of the Quadra stereotypes, but not only are they limited to the Extraverted elements, they're also pretty inaccurate depictions of the normal everyday-ness of people.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

B I find that I can just read other people's emotional states and body language with ease, even if they try to hide it. I doubt myself and others, skeptical and like to challenge ideas and systems (shoot down the holes and see how they hold up). Like to challenge the status quo.

Sometimes I can't stop myself from seeing possibilities, which is why I have a problem with my typing...I could be this type or that, some of this is me some of it is not me. Normally however I'm better at getting to the core of an issue, finding the problems and generating ways of improving things (also skilled at solving technical problems as well as interpersonal and intrapersonal or social ones). Kinda suck at the "applying them myself part". Another problem I have is that I THINK A LOT..even when I don't intend to...so i come up with all sorts of things and sometimes it looks like I'm trapped inside my head. I love to debate, brainstorm ideas with others a lot.
    (a bit more on the thinking side them most descriptions)...I don't care for poetry of excessive uncalled for displays of negative emotion (whining and "oh woes me" drama) . -.- really hate it when someone gets all dramatic and negative/hysterical..especially if it is fake and I can just see right through the act. I can understand outbursts of anger and assertiveness thou. I like to help where I can with advice and in a more practical way as well, to help other see a brighter side (even thou I tend to see the darker side more clearly myself).
    Someone can type you on the above alone. Oh and how can you tell the above? What do you do to tell the above bolded part?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-12-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Any type can be a 6.

Socionics: I scored IEI and EII the most, occasional IEE and once ILI.
    From that, EII seems most likely.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Your Big Five score, please: http://similarminds.com/bigfive.html .

I don't know exactly where you learned of the Quadra stereotypes, but not only are they limited to the Extraverted elements, they're also pretty inaccurate depictions of the normal everyday-ness of people.
    here you go, I hope this helps and thank you for taking time to help me with this. The descriptions I read were from wikisocion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Someone can type you on the above alone. Oh and how can you tell the above? What do you do to tell the above bolded part?
    I have noticed this through self observation quite a while ago. I just read body language quite well, I can just see emotion on people quite easily, even in people who don't display it much. It probably comes from my very tense home environment as a child. We lived with my very controlling and manipulative grandmother and I needed to be on the lookout for fights breaking out between grandparents and parents, needed to stand up and protect my mother quite often and defend myself against grandmother's biting remarks. She was also skilled in manipulation and faking/dramatizing illness or hurt feelings and such so I grew to see past the obvious and read into situations like this in order to navigate what was going on. This is also why I don't like it. I'm just sick of it for a lifetime and have very low tolerance for such behavior/it only annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Any type can be a 6.

From that, EII seems most likely.
    My problem with EII is that the type description is of someone who is organized, while I'm more all over the place scattered jumping from one thing to the other never quite finishing anything, I'm also messy and like to improvise more often because that is so much easier then to stay organized. Are there chaotic EIIs?

thank you all for replying to my post.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here you go, I hope this helps and thank you for taking time to help me with this. The descriptions I read were from wikisocion.
    Thanks, INF is a pretty good estimation. You don't seem clear-cut IEI or EII, so I'd suggest not settling on a type for awhile. You might even be IEE.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Thanks, INF is a pretty good estimation. You don't seem clear-cut IEI or EII, so I'd suggest not settling on a type for awhile. You might even be IEE.

^^; well..that was my conclusion as well and the INFj-INFj-ENFp range fits quite well with some exceptions here and there.

Not emotionally expressive as IEI.
    Not as extroverted as IEE.
    Not as organized or introverted as EII.

I have a better idea. Here is a vid (when i thought I was INFP) of me blabbing about stuff. Excuse mah accent ^^; not English and I was nervous.

Last edited by Rim; 12-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You kinda look like an INTj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You kinda look like an INTj
    Hmm do you mean physical looks or personality wise? I'm not quite sure how INTJs look, but I'm sure I look like my parents .

Oh I found it.

Lean, and slightly round-shouldered, Male LIIs produce a pleasant impression. Men of this type frequently have large blue eyes, and a pale face, as well as short hair. Their clothing style often consists of soft pullovers and well ironed trousers, although they will wear suits on rare occasions.
    I have green eyes. my face is always pale because I don't get out much (<.< Skyrim is out lol...social life is on hold). I like band T-shirts and jeans, leather jacket not "well ironed trousers and pullovers" ^^ ironing trousers...blasphemy! I don't like wearing suits...unless I have to and even then I will make it clear to others that I hate it.

I also don't agree with the functions or the descriptions. I certainly would wish some of those qualities....thou, >.< especially some for being more determined and not giving up as soon as I get bored -.- meh. Sounds like some 5w6es and 6w5s I know.

-.- this is going to be difficult, the entire thing is too abstract for me to communicate properly. In the MBTI I decided to go with INFP, as that is the type closest to how I am and the functions make sense to me. (I also test around 90% of the time as INFP).

From socionics IEE or the Huxley..seems to be the best description. I think I should take into consideration that I have some significant psychological scarring, which makes me avoidant.

This really hit home thou..I have huge motivation problems and get bogged down with too many "interesting things to do".

IEEs will struggle with things that require sustained willpower and self-motivation. Because of fluctuating interest levels in self-pursuits, these tasks are difficult to sustain. These tasks include (but are not limited to) staying motivated to keep a workout regimen, sticking with a diet, sticking to a routine of doing a particular errand at the same time periodically, and other similar tasks. If the willpower is not there, it cannot be artificially manufactured to get the IEE to "push through". Concordantly, attempts by other people to get the IEE to "push through" is met with resistance. Though, it may be that the IEE will heed the call begrudgingly, this is not sustainable; the IEE will find a way out if this external push persists.
    o.o so yeah IEE fits, just the extroverted stuff does not. I'm reserved.
    Last edited by Rim; 12-17-2011 at 11:34 PM.