3) LIE
    4) IEI
    5) EIE
    6) EII
    7) IEE
    8) LSI
    9) SLE

No idea how to rank the bottom 6.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-16-2016 at 04:02 AM.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an ILE, I approve of this listing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be dependent upon the people you know of the types. Most EII I know IRL are average or slow, while my I.Q. is higher than anyone I would regularly encounter. If TIM is type of processor, I would consider I.Q. to be the speed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Today general IQ tests seem to be easier for T-N types. Other types should get high scores in less quantity, have no idea how much less.

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IQ tests are very easy to learn. Especially if you are a programmer and have studied mathematics extensively. It's pretty much impossible to come up with a test that cannot be learned, or in which you cannot use existing learning.

I do agree ILE's and LII:s probably do best in the standardized IQ tests. However, I don't think these types are any smarter than others.

There is more variety of intelligence than 16 types.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    1) LII/ILE
    2) ILI
    3) LIE
    4) IEI
    5) EIE
    6) EII
    7) IEE
    8) LSI
    9) SLE

Every female that has ever tested as ESTJ for me admits they are not smart, and they definitely aren't. Maybe it's because a primary purpose of basically proceduralizing everything is typically evidence of not being able to do things on a case by case basis, which translates to being poor at anything new. Really, no ST's consider themselves smart, outside of very surface-level coverup statements. Just an FYI from my experiences.

I should also throw in that most INTJs by self-testing are slow but think they are sharp. Very few are actually intelligent.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the processor speed analogy. Sounds like Intel with the old Pentiums.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lowest: Suedehead

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would make some sense if it related to the types of questions in an actual IQ test, but otherwise type has nothing to do with intelligence, IMO.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    lowest: Suedehead
    Water's wet? News flash: most people who aren't White/Ashkenazi, East Asian or upper-caste Indian are screwed IQ-wise. My ancestors probably had a penchant for inbreeding which has a detrimental effect on IQ also.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-16-2016 at 06:34 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have brilliant NTs and dumb NTs, brilliant NFs and dumb NFs, brilliant STs and dumb STs, and brilliant SFs and dumb SFs.

Obvious fact is obvious: IQ is ntr.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
    You can have brilliant NTs and dumb NTs, brilliant NFs and dumb NFs, brilliant STs and dumb STs, and brilliant SFs and dumb SFs.
    Yes, but I have yet to see an SF who is brilliant at standardized testing, which is what an IQ test basically is. I think Ti and Ni has an edge in this narrow method of determining intelligence.

1) LII/ILE
    2) ILI
    3) LIE
    4) IEI
    5) EIE
    6) EII
    7) IEE
    8) LSI
    9) SLE
    IEE ranked above beta STs?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Yes, but I have yet to see an SF who is brilliant at standardized testing, which is what an IQ test basically is. I think Ti and Ni has an edge in this narrow method of determining intelligence.

IEE ranked above beta STs?
    Beta STs have better common sense, but I'd imagine IEE's would be more adept at abstract pattern recognition on average.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neneth View Post
    IQ tests are very easy to learn. Especially if you are a programmer and have studied mathematics extensively. It's pretty much impossible to come up with a test that cannot be learned, or in which you cannot use existing learning.

I do agree ILE's and LII:s probably do best in the standardized IQ tests. However, I don't think these types are any smarter than others.

There is more variety of intelligence than 16 types.
    The type of intelligence that IQ measures is pretty all-encompassing. I wouldn't put street smarts, emotional intelligence, and bodily-kinesthetic intelligence on the same level as g.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be Ne and Ti. Generation of possible cases going into logic of the specific ordering that creates such. All visual/spatial awareness is Si, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people in the 100-115 range can compensate and seem somewhat bright, but I've ever met a 'smart' low IQ person. Charismatic, socially adept or street savvy sure, but not smart.
    That's not low. That's average.

For I.Q. to become apparent, there must be a comparison. Without myself in a group, I.Q. usually has no bearing on anything, because everyone present is generally fairly close. That said, I can usually tell what sort of I.Q. people have, and relate it to how people/work dynamics are affected by such. E.g., LSI moderate intelligence, but better for concrete task solutions than above average I.Q. IEE, so people mistake their "I.Q."s/"intelligence" most of the time.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obvious fact is obvious: IQ is a meme.
    Fixed that for you.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are all retarded
    good bye

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo standardized testing is easy...almost all tests can be "learned".

real-time analysis and adaptive situations are hard.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    imo standardized testing is easy...almost all tests can be "learned".

real-time analysis and adaptive situations are hard.
    Eh, that's a cop out. Someone taking a timed IQ test without prior explicit practice would be using real-time analytical reasoning. IQ is a measure of how quickly you arrive at the right answer spontaneously. A lower IQ person who reads an answer sheet after taking the test might be able to understand the logic behind the correct answer in retrospect, but it would've taken him a longer than average amount of time to arrive at the answer on his own, if at all.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-16-2016 at 11:52 PM.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) LII/ILE
    2) ILI
    3) LIE
    4) IEI
    5) EIE
    6) EII
    7) IEE
    8) LSI
    9) SLE

I don't understand why you're so obsessed with the IQ test. It's a test in abstract logical reasoning, which would obviously tend to favor NT types. Nevertheless, there are stupid ILEs and highly intelligent ESIs. All types have different strengths that may or may not be rewarded by a standardized IQ test.

I wouldn't have a problem with the test being called an "abstract logical reasoning test," because that's the only thing that it measures.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if an ESI, weak in Ne-Ti scores highly on an abstract logical reasoning test, wouldn't his Fi-Se be far beyond any measure of NT's?

If I.Q. tests are Ne, and we assign a 1-10 value to it based upon I.Q., and each function of higher dimensionality is consequently ranked one point higher than the previous one, then an ESI of 5-Ne would have 6-Ti, 7-Se, and 8-Fi, for a total Mental superblock intelligence of 26. If an ILE of 7-Ne (higher I.Q.) thus had 6-Ti, 5-Se, 4-Fi, then his total Mental superblock intelligence would be 22, 4 less than the ESI of 2 less I.Q.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    I don't understand why you're so obsessed with the IQ test. It's a test in abstract logical reasoning, which would obviously tend to favor NT types. Nevertheless, there are stupid ILEs and highly intelligent ESIs. All types have different strengths that may or may not be rewarded by a standardized IQ test.

I wouldn't have a problem with the test being called an "abstract logical reasoning test," because that's the only thing that it measures.
    Well, people who score well on IQ tests typically go on to procure 6-figure salaries, so IQ-related skills are probably more useful in the real world than other skills.

This whole 'everyone is intelligent in their way' notion is tired cliche by the way. I have a low IQ and have absolutely no strengths to speak of. I'm intellectually inept, physically inept, emotionally inept, socially inept, etc. Whatever strengths I do have aren't on par with those of a high IQ person's, nor are they as extensive.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-17-2016 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, people who score well on IQ tests typically go on to procure 6-figure salaries, so IQ-related skills are probably more useful in the real world than other skills.

This whole 'everyone is intelligent in their way' notion is tired cliche by the way. I have a low IQ and have absolutely no strengths to speak of. I'm intellectually inept, physically inept, emotionally inept, socially inept, etc. Whatever strengths I do have aren't on par with those of a high IQ person's, nor are they as extensive.
    The fact that you keep saying it, tells me you haven't fully accepted it as fact yet.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    The fact that you keep saying it, tells me you haven't fully accepted it as fact yet.
    Tbh, from my personal observations and others I've known, it seems like people of lower I.Q. can't really perceive I.Q. very well, outside of being able to tell if someone is mentally handicapped.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Tbh, from my personal observations and others I've known, it seems like people of lower I.Q. can't really perceive I.Q. very well, outside of being able to tell if someone is mentally handicapped.
    Well, I can't really speak to what you are saying, but to me it's very clear that suede doesn't have a low IQ. It's more likely that he doesn't have any concrete evidence showing that he has a high IQ and is stagnating due to his current circumstances and inability to change them. Being Ne polr i imagine this is particularly nagging for him.
    I will also say that I think when you are in a toxic or stagnant environment, it's easy to feel stupid, hence why i think his current circumstances play into this (apart from the fact that he has mentioned them in past posts).
    Last edited by Contra; 02-17-2016 at 04:59 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I can't really speak to what you are saying, but to me it's very clear that suede doesn't have a low IQ. It's more likely that he doesn't have any concrete evidence showing that he has a high IQ and is stagnating due to his current circumstances and inability to change them. Being Ne polr i imagine this is particularly nagging for him.
    That would be goofy, since it's easy to go take an I.Q. test lol. Overall intelligence may be average or higher, but I get the impression that he can't turn his Ne into any series of concrete planning, which is a failure between Ne and Ti.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be goofy, since it's easy to go take an I.Q. test lol. Overall intelligence may be average or higher, but I get the impression that he can't turn his Ne into any series of concrete planning, which is a failure between Ne and Ti.
    Well, sure, but there are other means by which you can assess your intelligence, though, not super reliably. Even worse though, I'm pretty sure he is just using pure observation and introspection, which is definitely not an accurate way to estimate your IQ. You may be right on the Ne-Ti point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, sure, but there are other means by which you can assess your intelligence, though, not super reliably. Even worse though, I'm pretty sure he is just using pure observation and introspection, which is definitely not an accurate way to estimate your IQ. You may be right on the Ne-Ti point.
    I'd just find internet versions and use the various quizzes and such. E.g., the empathy one, spatial awareness one, etc. Although, he is most likely subconsciously purposefully failing those, because he thinks he is ugly, which equals stupid/worthless (to him at least).

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd just find internet versions and use the various quizzes and such. E.g., the empathy one, spatial awareness one, etc. Although, he is most likely subconsciously purposefully failing those, because he thinks he is ugly, which equals stupid/worthless (to him at least).
    Eek. honestly I'd stay away from anything but the WAIS or stanford-binet. I don't trust the internet tests at all. I mean, sure, take them for fun, but don't rely on them as serious assessments.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eek. honestly I'd stay away from anything but the WAIS or stanford-binet. I don't trust the internet tests at all. I mean, sure, take them for fun, but don't rely on them as serious assessments.
    It's better than him just magically guessing that he's slow lol.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Every female that has ever tested as ESTJ for me admits they are not smart, and they definitely aren't. Maybe it's because a primary purpose of basically proceduralizing everything is typically evidence of not being able to do things on a case by case basis, which translates to being poor at anything new. Really, no ST's consider themselves smart, outside of very surface-level coverup statements. Just an FYI from my experiences.
    You have pretty limited experiences then.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    You have pretty limited experiences then.
    Nope, though I would be inclined to agree that I don't typically go places that high I.Q. LSE women would be. In general, though, LSE has Routine as their Base, which is generally the opposite of what is considered intelligence (separate from knowledge).

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, that's a cop out. Someone taking a timed IQ test without prior explicit practice would be using real-time analytical reasoning. IQ is a measure of how quickly you arrive at the right answer spontaneously. A lower IQ person who reads an answer sheet after taking the test might be able to understand the logic behind the correct answer in retrospect, but it would've taken him a longer than average amount of time to arrive at the answer on his own, if at all.
    i misinterpreted as how SF's do on standardized tests in general

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are completely mistaken about this. People who "procure 6-figure salaries" are people with a lot of common sense, a good grasp of where to place themselves spatially, how to make themselves irreplaceable to a company/organization.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're both incorrect.

People who have 6-figure salaries are those who want 6-figure salaries, know the steps to achieve such, and work to achieve such. Oh, and drug dealers.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, @suedehead, I scored in the 99th percentile on my IQ tests both as a preschooler and in high school. I have never (yet?) come close to earning a 6-figure salary. Imo, @maithili amd @Jeremy8419 are correct (though I don't see how Jeremy's original description of ppl who earn 6-figure salaries excludes drug dealers so that they should be listed seperately)

Also, I know at least one high-IQ LSE. She's a doctor, and she really is pretty brilliant.

Again I'll say it: intelligence is not type-related.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will also say that I think when you are in a toxic or stagnant environment, it's easy to feel stupid, hence why i think his current circumstances play into this (apart from the fact that he has mentioned them in past posts).
    I can tell that I'm stupid because of the fact that I have to strain myself to read half the posts on this forum, as well as the myopic and pathetically nihilistic nature of my thought processes. If I had a higher IQ, I'd have a vivid mental life, some semblance of dignity, and a clearer sense of direction and purpose. You guys are just easily impressed by my middle school-level vocabulary. An overly pronounced Ne-polr in the form of low openness to experience is probably a sign of low IQ btw.
    Last edited by suedehead; 02-18-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell that I'm stupid because of the fact that I have to strain myself to read half the posts on this forum, as well as the myopic and pathetically nihilistic nature of my thought processes. You guys are just easily impressed by my 8th grade-level vocabulary. An overly pronounced Ne-polr is probably a sign of low IQ btw.
    You're aware this could not be type related, correct? There's multiple things that could give the impression of "low I.Q." without actually being low I.Q. The ASD quiz threads are an example.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, @suedehead, I scored in the 99th percentile on my IQ tests both as a preschooler and in high school. I have never (yet?) come close to earning a 6-figure salary. Imo, @maithili amd @Jeremy8419 are correct (though I don't see how Jeremy's original description of ppl who earn 6-figure salaries excludes drug dealers so that they should be listed seperately)

Also, I know at least one high-IQ LSE. She's a doctor, and she really is pretty brilliant.

Again I'll say it: intelligence is not type-related.
    That's my bias. I don't consider law-breaking to be an achievement

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast