Thread: Cognitive styles thread split

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    It's ironic. BnD called me "COOL AND MANLY" in a heated debate years ago, and I ran with it. It's seemed funny at the time. My old user name was "Ryan".

Yeah. How can you think otherwise? I would think it was obvious.
    Your communication style is so expressive and emotionally charged

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P i c s @COOL AND MANLY

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Your communication style is so expressive and emotionally charged
    Hm. Okay. I don't usually get that impression. At least not offline.

I blame my dual seeking function.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    No

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmph

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    You have no idea how condescending you come off as, do you? Whatever point you have to make is lost in your attitude.

"The level of maturity of this community, folks... "

"You might sheepishly admit that you didn't really take it seriously in the first place (pfft!), but you probably did until it was pointed out that the whole thing was actually a joke."

It doesn't matter how stupid you think your audience is, you won't get anywhere by disrespecting them. You want to take the high road, yet I'm having to explain the basics of human interaction to you. How pathetic.

Your attempts at putting down your opponent are cringeworthy to watch. To answer your question:

I take him seriously and so do a lot of people.

In case you still don't get it, allow me to bulletpoint it so that you can try to understand.
    1) Don't patronize your audience.
    2) Don't talk down to them
    3) Don't tell someone what they're thinking (Ohh I know you take Socionics seriously even though you say you don't. I know what you're thinking)
    4) Don't try to exert your intellectual superiority.
    5) Don't close yourself off to alternate points of view and expect other people to accept yours.

I suggest you now stop this and reevaluate your life priorities.
    I looked at his past posts, it seems like people find him universally exasperating and "a scrappy little shithead" (e.g. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post935561) to quote someone who was actually exasperated by COOL AND MANLY's "total lack of manners".

I already know that I come across as condescending. I already said that I don't particularly care about this forum. I write for whomever that wants to read my post and find them interesting. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

But here's the thing. I wasn't always this way. It is more that how vicious and condescending people of this forum are to the people who are "critics of Socionics". It's only fair that I could respond to them in kind. Why should only the "critics of Socionics" who suffer the abuse of the mob-mentality of this forum? Should we just shut up and take it, because we are in the minority?

Now, are you self-aware enough to understand what you are actually doing?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up trying to get Singu’s noods ages ago. So exhausted. <_>

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default lightning round -- dump on Pod'Lair on a Pod'Lair site

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I already know that I come across as condescending. I already said that I don't particularly care about this forum. I write for whomever that wants to read my post and find them interesting. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

But here's the thing. I wasn't always this way. It is more that how vicious and condescending people of this forum are to the people who are "critics of Socionics". It's only fair that I could respond to them in kind. Why should only the "critics of Socionics" who suffer the abuse of the mob-mentality of this forum? Should we just shut up and take it, because we are in the minority?
    It's cheap and easy to crap on stuff.

"We" would do Socionics... on a Socionics forum. "We" would be local majority. RationalWiki may love your stuff. Would you go to a music production forum and tell them "all you simpletons are doing is making the air vibrate"?
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at his past posts, it seems like people find him universally exasperating and "a scrappy little shithead" (e.g. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post935561) to quote someone who was actually exasperated by COOL AND MANLY's "total lack of manners".

Lol, so you are following in my footsteps? You shouldn't look up to me. Haha. Didn't know you were a fan of mine. This changes everything.

I won't deny that I had a poor attitude in general. All I cared about was butting heads. I didn't attempt to connect with anyone. As much as I love getting into debates, it's often ineffective as way of learning.

That was five years ago though. I would hope I changed, at least slightly.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    It's cheap and easy to crap on stuff.

"We" would do Socionics... on a Socionics forum. "We" would be local majority. RationalWiki may love your stuff. Would you go to a music production forum and tell them "all you simpletons are doing is making the air vibrate"?
    Criticizing a theory is normal. When you're working on a scientific theory, criticism would be flying left and right, about what doesn't work, what's a stupid idea or a theory, what should be done this way and not that way, and so on. People expect a theory to be criticized, they would welcome it. Anyone can criticize a theory however they want, and people can defend the theory from criticism and explain why the criticism is wrong, if the criticism was invalid. I'm sure during heated debates, insults would be flying around and disparage their intellectual capability and so on. But at the end of the day, they all know that what they're all seeking is the ultimate truth about reality. They know that eventually, they will all be proven wrong.

Criticism of Socionics will only get more and more "radicalized" since people are refusing to accept any criticism of Socionics, and continue to be in denial that any flaws in Socionics could even exist.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Seriously? This logic is fucking shitty. What are you? In middle school? I can't believe a fucking adult said this to me. You post on a public forum, people are gonna read, and they're gonna complain? You know, cuz free speah and stuff.

Look, nobody cares okay? You are the sole person responsible for your actions. You can't say "I don't care that I'm condescending" and under the same breath say, "Oh but everyone is mean to me." You obviously care too much.

Let's not make this about me m'kay? Cuz it's not. And no, not once did I bash your position or your argument. You have no business coming into someone else's thread and hacking it then expecting people to be okay with it. I'm a truly impartial entity here. I don't give too shits either way. I have no attachment to Cool or sbbs or even you. I did not even bother to read their posts. Now, dont pick fights with me.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Seriously? This logic is fucking shitty. What are you? In middle school? I can't believe a fucking adult said this to me. You post on a public forum, people are gonna read, and they're gonna complain? You know, cuz free speah and stuff.

Look, nobody cares okay? You are the sole person responsible for your actions. You can't say "I don't care that I'm condescending" and under the same breath say, "Oh but everyone is mean to me." You obviously care too much.
    Apparently, you don't care how actually rude the "Socionists" are, because they are plenty rude. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of your attitude.

Look, nobody gives a shit if anyone is rude on this forum, and nobody ever will. I don't need you lecturing me on how not to be rude or whatever. I really don't think I care either way, as this forum is pretty much inconsequential to anyone.

I have no attachment to Cool or sbbs or even you. I did not even bother to read their posts. Now, dont pick fights with me.
    Wow, you're an idiot. You're just barging into other people's conversations and getting into businesses that are not yours. You should just fuck off.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, you don't care how actually rude the "Socionists" are, because they are plenty rude. I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy of your attitude.

Look, nobody gives a shit if anyone is rude on this forum, and nobody ever will. I don't need you lecturing me on how not to be rude or whatever. I really don't think I care either way, as this forum is pretty much inconsequential to anyone.

Wow, you're an idiot. You're just barging into other people's conversations and getting into businesses that are not yours. You should just fuck off.
    Looool this is a public forum. How is it not my business hahahaha. If you must know, I was accused of needlessly "defending" you, but since the stakes are now even, I'm out. You do you, boo. Keep preaching to a crowd that has no use for anything you say. I wonder what it feels like to be so completely useless.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looool this is a public forum. How is it not my business hahahaha. If you must know, I was accused of needlessly "defending" you, but since the stakes are now even, I'm out. You do you, boo. Keep preaching to a crowd that has no use for anything you say. I wonder what it feels like to be so completely useless.
    Yeah and you don't even read their posts looooooooooooooooooooooooool. Whatever, I do this for fun. It's a way to test out my knowledge and it's actually somewhat kind of enjoyable. However there are more fun things to do than do shit on this forum, true.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and you don't even read their posts looooooooooooooooooooooooool. Whatever, I do this for fun. It's a way to test out my knowledge and it's actually somewhat kind of enjoyable. However there are more fun things to do than do shit on this forum, true.
    You can tell yourself whatever you want, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm done interacting with a dense idiot like you.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However there are more fun things to do than do shit on this forum, true.
    Somehow I don’t feel like you really believe that. I mean judging by the time and level of investment you seem to be putting in posts and conversations on here. Like can you list 5 things you regularly do in your daily life that you consider more fun? If not, go out and make that list because it’s concerning. You’re in your late 20s at least iirc. This is getting ridiculous.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can tell yourself whatever you want, whatever helps you sleep at night. I'm done interacting with a dense idiot like you.
    So rude, perhaps you can try changing your attitude in order to be more convincing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123