Thread: Question: How do different types spend their free time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question: How do different types spend their free time?

... and especially how that relates to their first function.

What do you think?

Kindly,
    Five/Tanzhe

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five View Post
    ... and especially how that relates to their first function.

What do you think?

Kindly,
    Function 1 is what a dude/girl is the most at ease for inputting, processing, and outputting, whereas Function 2 is more output-based than input-based.

Basically, any type likes to spend time :

- Activities that involve inputting, processing and outputting information from Function 1.
    - Activities that involve adapting content of Function 2 to Function 1.
    - Activities that involve inputting from Function 5.
    - Eventually, activities that involve Functions 4, as some kind of "challenge".
    - etc.

But concretely, It's pretty difficult to define what activities are more -related or -related.

btw: you don't have to write "Kindly," everytime, it's pretty redundant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how this relates to my first function and I'm doubtful that all of this relates to it, but I usually spend my free time doing one of the following:

- Playing computer games
    - Browsing this forum
    - Browsing other internet sites I frequently visit
    - Learning to play an instrument
    - (on the rare occasions I can force myself to do so) Going to the gym
    ... I think that's it.

Playing computer games, I do because I enjoy them. Browsing this forum, I think that's obvious. Browsing other internet sites, reasons depend on the site. The instruments I learn, I learn because I enjoy music. Going to the gym I've been doing since a health scare a while back, but it's not something I particularly value.

So, in all honesty, I don't think any of that is really tied to Ni exclusively but rather my individual...meh, I dunno what to call it. Either way I'm doubtful this is type related, but I could be wrong of course.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hookers and booze.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm too embarrassed to answer this question. But I'll think about it in general.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports and going out
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doing so little I actually get mold on my back from all the couch sitting
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for the replies. Feel free to post some more

Thanks for the advice -

Kindly,

(Muhahahahah! )

Conclusive victory
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Function 1 is what a dude/girl is the most at ease for inputting, processing, and outputting, whereas Function 2 is more output-based than input-based.

- Activities that involve inputting, processing and outputting information from Function 1.
    - etc.

But concretely, It's pretty difficult to define what activities are more -related or -related.
    You should still give examples pertaining to you or other IxTjs and Ne creatives. I still found that thought provoking, though.

I would say I spend quite a lot of my free time thinking, and finding material to think about :/

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to read up on things, I also like competition and going out. Otherwise I am a workaholic.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post

- etc.

Are you some kinda robot?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rlueth otr math rluo xaimst cu doemh uozl dmoerluok vxloêcwuokuat worl dâjzothomg bâthuokuat uozl dohuat i buamst meb thu uemtuok cuak omoâm wfu'iênhoemuat

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ay caramba!~ las cucarachas entran pero no pueden salir.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zoeth rluo vxloecw oex cu botzkieyiecwstvxluoj uetsuaj worlaeth ther. idm math yecwomg thu cu ieme jamguok uetr jamg uetr cu cwex yojomg rlot zoth oedaêth dmi dmoerluok, su di rluo woa otr math oejîzl uemb wiej uetr cu dmith cwjoâdm doeth su otr yiêtroemtje boetêtb.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also spend my free time doing this:

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually only spend a few hours on the computer in my "free" time - the rest of my surfing is done at work in between projects.
    My free time activities would include small group discussions, reading books, hiking, playing pool/frisbee/ping-pong/hackey-sack and other free-form games that can be played noncompetitively ('cause I just like to play), concocting strange things in the kitchen, Chi Gong & weightlifting, freestyle dancing, climbing trees and buildings, and splorin (trying to find nearby places I've never been to).
    Does drinking beer count? Oh, wait, I guess it would if I say it does. So, add drinking beer!
    BTW, even though I've mentioned a bunch of physical activities, especially during the winter, the majority of my leisure is usually spent reading or in small group discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Playing computer games
    -reading - books/articles/magazines/etc.
    -visiting this forum
    -browsing other websites
    -chilling out with friends, over drinks, at a bar/pub occasionally.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I actually only spend a few hours on the computer in my "free" time - the rest of my surfing is done at work in between projects.
    My free time activities would include small group discussions, reading books, hiking, playing pool/frisbee/ping-pong/hackey-sack and other free-form games that can be played noncompetitively ('cause I just like to play), concocting strange things in the kitchen, Chi Gong & weightlifting, freestyle dancing, climbing trees and buildings, and splorin (trying to find nearby places I've never been to).
    Does drinking beer count? Oh, wait, I guess it would if I say it does. So, add drinking beer!
    BTW, even though I've mentioned a bunch of physical activities, especially during the winter, the majority of my leisure is usually spent reading or in small group discussion.

<3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have several things I've done for a long time, like making clothes, drawing, painting, reading, and in the mean time I spice things up with whatever pops into my head. Like going to a rodeo. Haven't been to a rodeo before. That might be cool. Might also be boring... but it's worth trying once, right? If I haven't done it before, it's fair game. I love exploring. Once I just got in my car to drive to a road that had the reputation for being the ugliest street in America. It was warranted. But I also found the 'Mall of India' and poked around in there for a while... Yeah, I tend to love any sort of exploring... I also like to roam around random bookstores, parks...anywhere really. I guess I'm the sort to throw a dart at a map and go there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

computer stuff is huge for me. Games, Tv shows, movies, forums, msn, facebook and a general just hunting for interesting material. When i think up a question i google the hell out of it. (te hidden agenda perhaps?)

sometimes i read
    Play pool
    Go to gym
    Go to beach
    Watch satellite tv
    Walk
    The rest is jusy hanging out with all of my friends
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin