View Poll Results: What blood type are you?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • O

6 46.15%
  • A

3 23.08%
  • B

2 15.38%
  • AB

2 15.38%

Thread: Blood type diets

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't buy it. does it cite any research or anything?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother-in-law's father is a doctor and the hospital administrator for one of the largest hospitals in the US and he is an advocate of blood type diets, claiming that they do have scientific basis.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am a long time vegetarian and I think I'm type A. Never had any major health problems. Of course, I did eat meat for the first 13 years of my life and didn't have any health problems then either. So therefore, I leave you with no evidence.....

But the topic is interesting.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fart less eating meat than any other food. But intense excercise is harder for me than a steady continous excercise of medium exertion. I think it correlates to a much higher count of slow-twitch reflex fibers than fast-twitch fibers.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    But intense excercise is harder for me than a steady continous excercise of medium exertion. I think it correlates to a much higher count of slow-twitch reflex fibers than fast-twitch fibers.
    Yar, it does. I'm the opposite w/ more fast-twitchers.

My blood type is A+. I feel best eating lots of fruits and veggies, but thought that was pretty universal. I definitely like red meat, but don't want to eat it everyday. I prefer variety. Beef, poultry, fish - all good, just not one thing every single day. Breads are okay in smaller amounts, and for quick energy, but too much and I feel sluggish.

I don't think there's anything to it. For example, the native american Blackfoot tribe is over 80% type A, and they had a hunter-gatherer lifestyle.
    Last edited by squark; 02-12-2013 at 07:43 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does the blood type have to do with the digestive system?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus christ burn that book now.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Better stick to Socionics, Starfall.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed
    When you compare Asian and Caucasian brain sizes against the pitifully smaller black brain size, not to mention how damm ugly they are. It stands against reason that some thing better could have evolved out of something so subhuman.
    ahahahahah. Very reputable source.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Overall, people of African ancestry tend to carry the O gene more frequently than people of Caucasian and Asian ancestry" - I think this is Factually False. Im going to look it up now, but i believe B type blood is more dominant in Africa than elsewhere in the world.

Also, there was totally some super racism snuck into that quote Star.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wrong. Africa had it spread out pretty equally. Asia had the highest concentration of B, and European descent the highest concentration of A. Native Americans(including native southern american peoples such as Mayans) had a startling prevalency of O

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It seems blood type is not proven to be causal to dietary differences, but perhaps regional difference, genetic predisposition could influence dietary differences allergies and such. Not sure there is a causal link between the phenomena but they could be symptomatic of a root basis or a number of traits.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Said in some thread before - I usually omit dairy products and did, mostly meat and veggies here and there for me. Oh, I'm not lactose intolerant.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O probably wasn't the first blood type, which makes that whole argument invalid. I mean, "this is first so therefore they're better at eating the stuff we used to eat even though we all used to eat it and blood has everything to do with what your body likes" ????

Doesn't make any sense.. That being said, blood types are seen in Japan in the same light as astrology signs. Certain personality traits are predicted by them, and with that compatibility, health, etc.

Anyway, I'm B and I eat what I want, when I want.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they're absurd. It's not scientific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_t...ific_criticism

I'm AB+, which is a new blood type, which should mean that I can live on a diet of pop tarts and tang.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everytime i use it, I drop 15 to 20 pounds in a few weeks, I just cannot stay on it. I am blood type O+.

I am genotype 4, explorer on Dadamo's more advanced genotype diet. GT4s are strongly associated with Ne users.

I think the research is legit. But legit like socionics, in that it works but American science farts on it. Do not listen to the naysayers. It works!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Everytime i use it, I drop 15 to 20 pounds in a few weeks, I just cannot stay on it. I am blood type O+.

I am genotype 4, explorer on Dadamo's more advanced genotype diet. GT4s are strongly associated with Ne users.

I think the research is legit. But legit like socionics, in that it works but American science farts on it. Do not listen to the naysayers. It works!
    Mother fuckin magnets: how do they work?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)