Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ISTj

Creepy-Snaps

Default ISTj

I self-type as ISTj. I know several of you had asked about it, and I know many of you disagree/still think I'm ESFj or w/e, so I figured I'd make a thread about it, explaining my reasoning.

Let me preface this by saying that many of you don't know me personally. Yes, it's obvious. But it's a key point. Many of my IRL friends see that I have a very analytical side to me, and don't think I'm nearly as 'bubbly' as I can appear on an internet forum.

Rather than retype my reasoning, here is my explanation to a friend:

"Basically I found a site I really like, that has a lot of celebrities of every type, for VI. ( http://gallery.socionix.com/main.php Bash the site if you want, I don't care. I think it's actually really good. )The biggest thing that changed my opinion about being LSE, was that I just didn't look like them! I looked a lot like maybe 1-2 out of 20. Their eyes were just different than mine.

Then I looked at ESE, the type a lot of other people consider me to be. I didn't think I looked like the ESEs either... they just had this outward energy about them, that I didn't really exude... I come across calmer.

Before now, I had strongly considered myself to be either LSE or ESE, thought I had it figured out. Considering how active I am, everyone on 16types was sure I must be an Ej temperament, with how concerned I am with getting things done in the real world, stuff that actually matters. (Which I'm finding out may be related to Se, practical things, instead of Ne)

Soooooooooooo.... I began looking at celebrities of every single type... every quadra, being open-minded and considering possibly every type... when I looked at ISTj, and BAM! THESE PEOPLE LOOK LIKE ME! haha. The eyes have that certain analytical touch to them, that mine so often have, and yet they could smile and light up a room like I can as well. I can be intense and concentrated when focused, similar to how these guys looked too.

VI seemed very accurate, LSI seemed the only type I look like nearly 18/19 of over 20+ people. The last step was just reconciling LSI with my personality. I had actually considered LSI heavily a few months ago... posted on 16types, and everyone said there was no way I was LSI... then again, they don't know me very well, they just saw the crazy MD a bit ago with all the smilies, that I was doing for fun haha. But I think LSI fits ME... using a lot of little jokes to get people to laugh, I hadn't realized was using Ti to produce Fe, and that LSIs can be popular, the 'life of the party', just like I seem to be, despite being an introvert. Started reading more about romance styles, dichotomies, etc., everything related to LSI, and I can see it fitting."

That ends part of the long explanation there. That was from over a week ago.

Although it was fun, going crazy with all the smilies, and shaking things up ............. how many people thought it was natural? C'mon... no real ESFjs are as annoying as that, imho.

I think, being more honest with myself, ISTj fits better. Yes, I know lots of jokes, and even sing randomly to get people to laugh sometimes, am great at dealing with people, and yes that comes across very 'Merry' and looks similar to Fe, but that's actually included in many of the ISTj descriptions.

Please do not ask me why I do not wear a moustache.

I could go on, explain more, but I'll just leave it at that. Save you guys time reading.

Feel free to bash/post hate/post love below. I know many of you had commented that it seemed I was looking for external confirmation of my type... yes, it would help, but I don't need it. This is what I think. Take it or leave it. Sorry to be rude, but since many of you don't know me personally, I don't really care what you think.

Well, don't care in terms of my type. But I do care generally what you all think, and figured I owed the courtesy to explain the type-change. Hope this helps some. Thanks for reading, have a great day!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite a good gallery. Try posting some comparisons, I'm curious. I've had some experience with people reading the expressions wrong, as they're kinda hard for most people to completely grasp at first--usually because they're so used to looking at facial features or have a certain bias towards a type/someone in the gallery they like.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The world will end tomorrow unless postponed by rain.

But seriously, I've had the pleasure talking to Gulenko and InkStrider in person, and they both believe that type change is possible, they even encourage one to do so.

I know InkStrider doesn't like my insensitivity nor the fact I mention him in threads like these, but he can tell all about it better than I can.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MOAR LSI VI!

ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He looks a bit like 264.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mt.Dew
    . . .
    No.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>> E << ... >> S << ... >> E <<

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    . . .
    No.
    I'll make you breakfast.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Bash the site if you want, I don't care. I think it's actually really good. )"

"I think, being more honest with myself, ISTj fits better. Yes, I know lots of jokes, and even sing randomly to get people to laugh sometimes, am great at dealing with people, and yes that comes across very 'Merry' and looks similar to Fe, but that's actually included in many of the ISTj descriptions."

"Sorry to be rude"

"I don't really care what you think.

Well, don't care in terms of my type. But I do care generally what you all think, and figured I owed the courtesy to explain the type-change."

bro

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sick of mountain dew selftype threads.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon, MD. I think you've had enough straws.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    He looks a bit like 264.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New day, new life, new type... Whatever your type is, I really don't think it's ISTj. It just doesn't fit. I guess you can call me a type switcher too, but at least I don't claim that "I now got right!!!" everytime I got a new opinion. If you can't really figure out your type, it's no shame to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I know many of you had commented that it seemed I was looking for external confirmation of my type... yes, it would help, but I don't need it.
    Sorry to be rude, but since many of you don't know me personally, I don't really care what you think.
    Well, don't care in terms of my type. But I do care generally what you all think...
    What?
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    New day, new life, new type... Whatever your type is, I really don't think it's ISTj. It just doesn't fit. I guess you can call me a type switcher too, but at least I don't claim that "I now got right!!!" everytime I got a new opinion. If you can't really figure out your type, it's no shame to admit it.

I know many of you had commented that it seemed I was looking for external confirmation of my type... yes, it would help, but I don't need it.

Well, don't care in terms of my type. But I do care generally what you all think...
    What?
    He says he doesn't care about it but he cares. There's no shame in contradicting oneself, not when universe is laughing behind your back.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    me too. wonder how many it takes for merging to start.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooooo, who else sees Brendan Fraser in #261 and Michael Mcdonald in #541
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    It's quite a good gallery. Try posting some comparisons, I'm curious. I've had some experience with people reading the expressions wrong, as they're kinda hard for most people to completely grasp at first--usually because they're so used to looking at facial features or have a certain bias towards a type/someone in the gallery they like.
    Just spent like 45 minutes putting together some pics for comparison. Here you go poli!

EDIT - 10/11/2011 - Pictures Removed. /EDIT

I just think ISTj is the type I simply LOOK like the most... with every person there on that site, I can see some resemblance... WAY more resemblance than any of the 15 other types.
    Last edited by Snaps; 10-12-2011 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Removing Pictures

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    You're leisurely Parkster.

Just spent like 45 minutes putting together some pics for comparison. Here you go poli!
    One can't argue with facts. LSI works.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by labocat View Post
    Thank you. So funny!

The world will end tomorrow unless postponed by rain.

But seriously, I've had the pleasure talking to Gulenko and InkStrider in person, and they both believe that type change is possible, they even encourage one to do so.

I know InkStrider doesn't like my insensitivity nor the fact I mention him in threads like these, but he can tell all about it better than I can.
    Well, swine already flu.

But thank you Absurd, I do think type exploration can be helpful, up to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    MOAR LSI VI!
    Thanks Crispy!

He looks a bit like 264.
    Haha.

Creepy-Snaps

. . .
    No.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst Trevor View Post
    >> E << ... >> S << ... >> E <<
    >> L << ... >> S << ... >> I <<

Fix'd.

No.
    I'll make you breakfast.
    Make me breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Rob View Post
    "Bash the site if you want, I don't care. I think it's actually really good. )"

"I think, being more honest with myself, ISTj fits better. Yes, I know lots of jokes, and even sing randomly to get people to laugh sometimes, am great at dealing with people, and yes that comes across very 'Merry' and looks similar to Fe, but that's actually included in many of the ISTj descriptions."

"Sorry to be rude"

"I don't really care what you think.

Well, don't care in terms of my type. But I do care generally what you all think, and figured I owed the courtesy to explain the type-change."

bro
    I think my language is actually very typical of ISTjs. I believe more than 1/4 of all types, not only the people with Fe ego, can learn to be polite and considerate. Politeness and consideration isn't automatically .

Creepy-Snaps

Me too! Let's make this the last one then, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    C'mon, MD. I think you've had enough straws.
    Well, this is technically already a previous 'straw', a type I had considered heavily before, just not enough to fully type as.

1) What doesn't fit about it?

2) You're saying it's bad to have confidence in your type, even when you switch? I'd rather be confidently wrong than be a correct pussy.

What?
    Tough to explain, yes. I don't care if people disagree on my type, but I still want to be accepted. I don't care about being accepted to the level that I would change my opinion on my type now, but I do care to the level that I wish others would change their opinions on my type, if you follow that.

What?
    He says he doesn't care about it but he cares. There's no shame in contradicting oneself, not when universe is laughing behind your back.
    Thank you yet again Absurd . Glad to know you have my back!

Creepy-Snaps

Fix'd.
    Oh, forgot to mention, we can still be dualzzz Trevor if you become EIE.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No.
    Yes.

Fix'd.

Make me breakfast?
    Sure.

Squark is LSI and I want to make her breakfast. You type yourself LSI which means I have to make breakfast for you as well. It's hereditary I'm afraid.

Thank you yet again Absurd . Glad to know you have my back!
    You can count on me, I'm a very loyal guy. Don't mind Ashton, he just wants to confuse you more, I mean this place is so weird that the cockroaches have moved next door.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    me too. wonder how many it takes for merging to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Soooooooo, who else sees Brendan Fraser in #261 and Michael Mcdonald in #541
    Yes! Especially Brendan Fraser in #261, looks exactly like a young version of him.

One can't argue with facts. LSI works.
    Thanks Absurd. I can post up more pictures later, but I really gotta go now. Have fun everyone.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm afraid down town, coz some people there are brown.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks Absurd.
    Pleasure is all mine.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    No, you don't VI like them at all. It's completely off.
    First of all, don't fret MD. It can be hard to get VI down at first. It's good to come back and recheck your impressions.

I would have to agree with Ashton. Your emotional energy seems a lot higher and spread out. I think ESE fits well you show some of their typical expressions. Not all ExEs are social extroverts btw, they can just come across that way by having a higher emotional energy.

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MD
    I think my language is actually very typical of ISTjs. I believe more than 1/4 of all types, not only the people with Fe ego, can learn to be polite and considerate. Politeness and consideration isn't automatically .
    See, you think your language is typical of ISTj's, but it's not. Nor have you provided any evidence as to how it is. What's further, you approach the issue with the false assumption language directly correlates to personality. Throughout your posts you attempt to reconcile the atmosphere to the other posters on here who have a varying opinion, even your reply to me reeks of
    the emphasis being the emotional aspect.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MD
    See, you think your language is typical of ISTj's, but it's not. Nor have you provided any evidence as to how it is. What's further, you approach the issue with the false assumption language directly correlates to personality. Throughout your posts you attempt to reconcile the atmosphere to the other posters on here who have a varying opinion, even your reply to me reeks of
    I didn't know English is the language of LSIs. What's your take on it Uncle?

Creepy-Snaps

Don't mind Ashton, he just wants to confuse you more, I mean this place is so weird that the cockroaches have moved next door.
    I don't mind Ashton at all!

"Today, 04:02 PM
    Remove user from ignore listAshton
    This message is hidden because Ashton is on your ignore list."

Been that way for a few days. I figured... he never reads anything anyway... just like his signature... he always bashing any idea without even considering it, is rude to everyone... why should I continue to show him the respect of reading what he writes?

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post

No, you don't VI like them at all. It's completely off.
    I would have to agree with Ashton. Your emotional energy seems a lot higher and spread out. I think ESE fits well you show some of their typical expressions. Not all ExEs are social extroverts btw, they can just come across that way by having a higher emotional energy.

Don't fret though, it can be hard to get the VI down at first. It's good to come back and recheck your impressions.
    Doh! You quoted him, now I see what he put.

You believe Ashton? Isn't it obvious that he puts "at all", that they're "completely off". I mean c'mon, I look a LOT like the ISTjs. It's not "completely off". How do you explain that? Did you even consider it?

Just looked at the ESE pics again on the site, and I still think the ESEs have a certain formalness about them... trying to be polite all the time. I still think I LOOK more like ISTjs, and I think it fits my personality overall MUCH more.

But thanks again for the opinion poli, I will definitely come back at some point and check impressions.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) What doesn't fit about it?
    You're extrovert, that's pretty obvious in my opinion. And even if your previous forum interaction was partly an act (like you stated, "obviously") I believe you're a feeling type. Unfortunately, I don't really know what is a fact and what is fiction about you, so I can't narrow it down.

2) You're saying it's bad to have confidence in your type, even when you switch? I'd rather be confidently wrong than be a correct pussy.
    Are you showing off your creative Se? Or your general "Betaness"? I said it's okay to admit it if you're unable to find it you, that's it. I guess you should have noticed how the forum members react to this thread by now. Instead of just writing a small note as a blog, you make a big show again. Don't tell me that you don't enjoy this thread turning into a anthill, even if it's all flaming and facepalming.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Creepy-Snaps

What's further, you approach the issue with the false assumption language directly correlates to personality.
    So you're saying language HAS 0 CORRELATION to personality!

Throughout your posts you attempt to reconcile the atmosphere to the other posters on here who have a varying opinion, even your reply to me reeks of
    Then you say MY POST REEKS OF .

You just logically beat yourself. My post can't reek of Fe if there's no correlation between language and personality. GJ dude.

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know English is the language of LSIs. What's your take on it Uncle?
    I think MD is kidding himself/herself

TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's further, you approach the issue with the false assumption language directly correlates to personality.
    So you're saying language HAS 0 CORRELATION to personality!

Throughout your posts you attempt to reconcile the atmosphere to the other posters on here who have a varying opinion, even your reply to me reeks of
    Then you say MY POST REEKS OF .

You just logically beat yourself. My post can't reek of Fe if there's no correlation between language and personality. GJ dude.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. Certain words, manners of speaking, these have nothing to do with information elements. What one looks for when searching for spoken manifestation of information elements is the emphasis or aspect of reality in which their focus is directed.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[...]

I just think ISTj is the type I simply LOOK like the most... with every person there on that site, I can see some resemblance... WAY more resemblance than any of the 15 other types.
    Er... I strongly disagree that the majority of those celebrities are even ISTj. Are they from the Socionix galleries?
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't mind Ashton at all!

"Today, 04:02 PM
    Remove user from ignore listAshton
    This message is hidden because Ashton is on your ignore list."

Been that way for a few days. I figured... he never reads anything anyway... just like his signature... he always bashing any idea without even considering it, is rude to everyone... why should I continue to show him the respect of reading what he writes?
    I didn't know you had him on ignore and yes, he is very rude. Break off contact with him and just throw away all the things that remind you of Ashton. It's the only way to heal those wounds.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the only way to heal those wounds.
    Your sarcasm level reaches whole new dimensions today.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast