Thread: What's my type?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's my type?

Hello!
    First of all: English isn't my native language, so if you spot any mistakes or any weird sentences, then I'm sorry, but I'll try to make this as understandable as possible.

I have been studying MBTI for almost a year now, so I'm quite familiar with the functions. I heard about Socionics a while ago, I did some tests and stuff, but I really didn't delve into that. Lately I saw an article at PerC, which wrote about how good and accurate Socionics is and I became more interested in Socionics.
    It's quite confusing for me, because my MBTI is probably INFP while almost every time I do a test on Socionics type, I score INFp, which has opposite functions. Other popular outcomes are ISFp and INTj (which I probably am not, I don't believe I am a Thinking type). It would be really cool, if you could help me with typing myself, because I am quite confused. And please be patient with me, because I am very new to this and I don't understand many things yet, but I will learn :)

A few things about me:
    I am an easy-going person.
    I am a romantic person.
    I like drawing, singing, cooking and dreaming.
    I hate sports.
    I tend to think about future a lot.
    I am a very playful person.
    I usually don’t judge people, but when I do, I judge them by their personality (by “what they are”) rather than what their hobbies are or what they do in their free time (doesn't really matter to me).
    I want people to feel comfortable around me.
    When I’m with another person, I want to know the line, which I can’t cross. It’s individual for everyone. Like what sort of jokes are too stupid for this person, how close can I get without them feeling uncomfortable, what topics do they like to talk about etc. I adjust myself based on that.
    I am a humanitarian.
    I am interested in psychology and philosophy.
    I rather dream about doing something than really doing it.
    I procrastinate.
    I like mysterious things.
    I usually don't express my opinion, if it's different from what others think. If I do, then in a gentle manner.
    I'm quite stable emotionally.
    When I feel down, I tend to indulge in food (especially sweet). I also memorize all bad stuff that have happened to me and I feel useless.

I'll edit the list if I remember something else. All questions are welcome :)

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Hello!

I have been studying MBTI for almost a year now, so I'm quite familiar with the functions.
    The socionics functions are different and more accurate (even though they have the same names as MBTI). So you need to start studying all over from scratch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    The socionics functions are different and more accurate (even though they have the same names as MBTI). So you need to start studying all over from scratch.
    Really? Darn :( Thanks for telling me though.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? Darn Thanks for telling me though.
    Read this: http://en.socionics.ru/index.php?opt...252&Itemid=189

and this: http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml

and this: http://socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml
    (this last one is pretty good I think)

Also keep in mind that there is a distinction between information elements (=functions in MBTI), for example , etc, and functions (=the "slot" in the psyche where the elements go in each type), for exampe: base, creative, role, suggestive etc..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Read this: http://en.socionics.ru/index.php?opt...252&Itemid=189

and this: http://socionics.us/theory/information.shtml

and this: http://socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml
    (this last one is pretty good I think)

Also keep in mind that there is a distinction between information elements (=functions in MBTI), for example , etc, and functions (=the "slot" in the psyche where the elements go in each type), for exampe: base, creative, role, suggestive etc..

Ok, thank you, that helps me a lot.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISFp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    ISFp
    Thank you for answering. I read some ISFp descriptions (not sure how accurate they were), at some parts it sounded just like me, but I couldn't really relate to other things. What made you think I might be ISFp?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFp, ISFp something like this.

MBTI function organization is pretty messy, and makes converting from MBTI to Socionics unreliable.

Socionics come to similar type conclusions as MBTI but the organization in socionics is Model A, and in my opinion. much more descriptive and accurate vs MBTI. It takes a while to grasp Model A however.

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions there will be helpful people to help answer them. Watch out for the trolls. ^_^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, never thought so many people would answer to this Thank youu!

Fireyed:
    You're INFp
    Yes, I thought about that too... Now I'm not sure Especially after I read this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...NFp-by-Beskova
    That's not me at all!

hkkmr:
    INFp, ISFp something like this.

MBTI function organization is pretty messy, and makes converting from MBTI to Socionics unreliable.

Socionics come to similar type conclusions as MBTI but the organization in socionics is Model A, and in my opinion. much more descriptive and accurate vs MBTI. It takes a while to grasp Model A however.

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions there will be helpful people to help answer them. Watch out for the trolls. ^_^
    Yep, now that have read more about Socionics, I can totally see that it's more descriptive and accurate. It's more complicated too IMO, but maybe that's just because I learnt MBTI first and I'm not very familiar with Socionics yet.

Thank you for your warm welcome!

William

Originally Posted by Strawberry
    Hello!
    First of all: English isn't my native language, so if you spot any mistakes or any weird sentences, then I'm sorry, but I'll try to make this as understandable as possible.

I have been studying MBTI for almost a year now, so I'm quite familiar with the functions. I heard about Socionics a while ago, I did some tests and stuff, but I really didn't delve into that. Lately I saw an article at PerC, which wrote about how good and accurate Socionics is and I became more interested in Socionics.
    It's quite confusing for me, because my MBTI is probably INFP while almost every time I do a test on Socionics type, I score INFp, which has opposite functions. Other popular outcomes are ISFp and INTj (which I probably am not, I don't believe I am a Thinking type). It would be really cool, if you could help me with typing myself, because I am quite confused. And please be patient with me, because I am very new to this and I don't understand many things yet, but I will learn

A few things about me:
    I am a romantic person.
    I hate sports.
    I usually don’t judge people, but when I do, I judge them by their personality (by “what they are”) rather than what their hobbies are or what they do in their free time (doesn't really matter to me).
    When I’m with another person, I want to know the line, which I can’t cross. It’s individual for everyone. Like what sort of jokes are too stupid for this person, how close can I get without them feeling uncomfortable, what topics do they like to talk about etc. I adjust myself based on that.
    I am a humanitarian.
    I procrastinate.
    I usually don't express my opinion, if it's different from what others think. If I do, then in a gentle manner.
    When I feel down, I tend to indulge in food (especially sweet). I also memorize all bad stuff that have happened to me and I feel useless.

I'll edit the list if I remember something else. All questions are welcome

Welcome, Strawberry!

First impression at a glance is ISFp. Then after looking for a minute, still think ISFp.

Some reasons:

You list descriptions of yourself in short-sentences, in a factual sense. Saying 'this is who I am, now how does this add up?' It seemed a very Si-style to me. And almost look for an intuitive to piece everything together.

The username of Strawberry & the picture, the "Hello!", the friendly style of asking for something and keeping things pleasant, made me think Si & Fe-creative.

Drawing, Singing, Cooking, etc., makes me think Fe-creative.

Definitely not Ej temperament. When you mention "I procrastinate, I rather dream about doing something than really doing it, I like dreaming, etc.", that to me points more to Ip temperament in general.

Indulging in food and only describing yourself on a literal, physical way is Si.

"I also memorize all bad stuff that have happened to me" -> Si in general does this, actively cataloging and categorizing information and inputs for later recall.

Welcome to the forums! Maybe ISFp would be a good place to start, and you could decide whether that ultimately fits you or not.

Yes, yes, I totally agree about the Si-part.

But Fe... I don't know, in my opinion I use Fi more. Then again, I have no idea, what is "Fe-creative". I did read some posts I found about it, but I still didn't really understand

Huge thanks for the really informative post! It explained so much things to me

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STRAWBERRY?~!?!?!?!?1/1;1.L#?1,.?23,!?.,23.;1,23L'KNFSJKALJSDFHAJKLSFHKA SJNFJKASNDFJKN

too many berries in this patch.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Strawberry,

blackburry is evil. Don't listen to her. She's in Satan's Army. Kill her before she kills you; it's the only way.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by golden; 05-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    STRAWBERRY?~!?!?!?!?1/1;1.L#?1,.?23,!?.,23.;1,23L'KNFSJKALJSDFHAJKLSFHKA SJNFJKASNDFJKN

too many berries in this patch.
    Hi blackburry!
    I lurked a while on these forums before registering, I also saw you there and I was thinking that it's such a cool coincidence, because my username at some places is "Strawburry". "Strawberry" wasn't taken on this site, so I decided to use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    Hey Strawberry,

blackburry is evil. Don't listen to her. She's in Satan's Army. Kill her before she kills you; it's the only way.
    Hi Tackk, she doesn't seem evil to me

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    I also thought ISFp might be your type, based on your description, without completely ruling out INFp. (By self-report, you don't sound rational, nor T > F.)
    Hmm yes, I probably am ISFp then. I read some rational vs irrational posts and I can agree, I am irrational more.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me about your procrastination. Is it defiance to other people's force of will?

Is it something else?

If it is something else, is it because something is unsettled in your mind?

Also tell me about your intuition. Is it something that you like to share with others? Is it something that you use to reach out into the world with?

Is your intuition something that so strong that you decline to offer it up, as it is so right why should you share it?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hello!

Seek to be understood and understand is the first thing that jumped up at me. In my case, I would just let people figure out that I'm not an English native speaker rather than establishing some sort of resonance as you try to do here; this I interpret to be a part of HA (hidden agenda).

It's quite confusing for me, because my MBTI is probably INFP while almost every time I do a test on Socionics type, I score INFp, which has opposite functions. Other popular outcomes are ISFp and INTj (which I probably am not, I don't believe I am a Thinking type). It would be really cool, if you could help me with typing myself, because I am quite confused. And please be patient with me, because I am very new to this and I don't understand many things yet, but I will learn

A few things about me:
    Easy going and relaxed points to some sort of Si activity; Si base, ego, demonstrative.

I am a romantic person.
    Again, Si valuers tend to do a lot of this activity.

I hate sports.
    More Si valuing stuff.

Unwillingness to push physical boundaries are somewhat related to sensing objects. You tend to mention "comfort" and "feelings" a lot so this I gather is more in relation to Si.

I am a humanitarian.
    Anyone can be this.

Any type can be this way.

I procrastinate.
    Eh many types can too.

Interesting...like what?

LOL reminds me of someone...yeah your sense of comfort.

I'll edit the list if I remember something else. All questions are welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Sokay. I understand . I think SEI for you.

(and ignore Tackk. he's a loser.)