Thread: IEE or IEI

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE or IEI

So, I am back to being unsure about my type. Big suprise. I'm pretty sure I am either INFp or ENFp. I indentify with Delta quadra much more than Beta. I also find more resemblance to the IEE descriptions versus IEI. I feel that I value Ne over Ni and Fi over Fe. However, other things make me doubt that I am IEE with certainty. Can anyone give me some specific pointers as to how I can find out once and for all?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    could you go into more depth on this? (:
    Haha, sure. For one, I feel more comfortable around other Deltas. I identify more with them and feel more "at home". More specifically, I feel that I am more "subdued" than a Beta would be. Directly taken from the wiki Delta description, I strongly identify with the following:
    Delta types love to share personal experience mixed with their own sentiments regarding their experiences, but all in an insightful and non-dramatic manner.
    Delta types like to talk about new beginnings, opportunities for personal growth, and their plans and prospects for the future.
    Delta types tend to focus on their vision, with peoples' benefit always first in mind.
    Delta types rarely display their deep passions and vision, preferring instead to talk in more neutral terms about what they want to do and why.
    Delta types reject dramatism and emotional affect in favor of wry humor and understatement.
    Delta types do not fare well in high-pressure situations where they are being forced to do things, are facing threatening opponents, or are submitted to rigorous discipline, but wear out quickly and look for a more peaceful and welcoming environment.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot find anything from the Beta description that I strongly identify with. Actually, the more I read it, the less I identify with any of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you don't smell...so... welcome to delta.

I think you've already found our answer.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Well, you don't smell...so... welcome to delta.

I think you've already found our answer.
    Is that the new Delta membership requirement? Hehehe. You've lowered the bar from blueberry pies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, well, in all seriousness almost all Betas to me seem incredibly intense; a little too intense, about everything. And I really don't see that in you.

But then again this is me and you. On the internet. Discussing pies. Which you need to bake. For Me.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the things that make you doubt that you are an IEE?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, well, in all seriousness almost all Betas to me seem incredibly intense; a little too intense, about everything. And I really don't see that in you.

But then again this is me and you. On the internet. Discussing pies. Which you need to bake. For Me.
    Hahaha. Yeah, I don't feel that intense. I am passionate about some things, but not outwardly so. It is more of the principle for me, things that are more static. Very intense displays of emotion definitely make me uncomfortable, especially when directed towards me. This is something that I have always struggled with in my family. They have always been very "out there" with their feelings. I think most would describe me as pretty mellow. I think I exude calm but passionate energy about things I care about. One of the problems is that I keep testing as IEI on most tests. I know it's said that most tests are not that reliable, but it makes me wonder. And yeah LV, as soon as I find a good recipe for blueberry pie, you'll have one coming your way. No promises on how long this might take though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qbsirena06 View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah, I don't feel that intense. I am passionate about some things, but not outwardly so. It is more of the principle for me, things that are more static. Very intense displays of emotion definitely make me uncomfortable, especially when directed towards me. This is something that I have always struggled with in my family. They have always been very "out there" with their feelings. I think most would describe me as pretty mellow. I think I exude calm but passionate energy about things I care about. One of the problems is that I keep testing as IEI on most tests. I know it's said that most tests are not that reliable, but it makes me wonder. And yeah LV, as soon as I find a good recipe for blueberry pie, you'll have one coming your way. No promises on how long this might take though.
    No worries, I can wait.

And yeah don't trust the tests, they're pretty unreliable. For the record you seem pretty mellow too. So yeah, I'd say you're IEE but then again I want everyone to be my dual and semi-duals

That and you made winter park make like 40-50 posts in 2 days. That's pretty damn good.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    what are the things that make you doubt that you are an IEE?
    Well, the fact that I test IEI on most tests. Also, I've always considered myself more of an introvert. I realize that this is not necessarily correlated to Socionics type, but the descriptions I have read of IP temperament vs. EP temperament tend to fit me better. I had not even considered IEE until a couple of weeks ago, for these two reasons. But once I researched the different elements/functions plus the fact that I have always felt more like a Delta, it seemed to fit so well, like all the pieces finally came together. But then I took a couple more tests and started to doubt again.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries, I can wait.

And yeah don't trust the tests, they're pretty unreliable. For the record you seem pretty mellow too. So yeah, I'd say you're IEE but then again I want everyone to be my dual and semi-duals
    Hahaha, you're that desperate for duality? I understand the feeling though. I have never been able to reconcile with having SLEs as my duals. I couldn't see myself valuing one. SLIs are awesome though.
    That and you made winter park make like 40-50 posts in 2 days. That's pretty damn good.
    LOL! If this isn't proof, nothing is.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the new Delta membership requirement? Hehehe. You've lowered the bar from blueberry pies.
    You're in!!

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    You're in!!
    Another pie to bake?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But then I took a couple more tests and started to doubt again.
    hmm, which tests? I'm curious because if they attempt to measure the I/E, N/S, F/T, J/P dichotomies, then I think it's wholly reasonable for an IEE to test as 'INFp'. On the other hand, if they attempt to measure IM preferences then maybe a consistent 'INFp' result might point away from Delta (that is, if the tests are not completely inaccurate).

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, which tests? I'm curious because if they attempt to measure the I/E, N/S, F/T, J/P dichotomies, then I think it's wholly reasonable for an IEE to test as 'INFp'. On the other hand, if they attempt to measure IM preferences then maybe a consistent 'INFp' result might point away from Delta (that is, if the tests are not completely inaccurate).
    The most recent one I took was sent to me by someone and I didn't keep the link so I am not sure where to find it. However, this person did tell me that this one measured IM preferences rather than dichotomies. It was a pretty short one. So.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most recent one I took was sent to me by someone and I didn't keep the link so I am not sure where to find it. However, this person did tell me that this one measured IM preferences rather than dichotomies. It was a pretty short one. So.....
    hmmm alright, well just one more thing - forgetting all notions of which types belong in which quadras, how would you compare the Alpha and Delta descriptions in terms of the things you identify with?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm alright, well just one more thing - forgetting all notions of which types belong in which quadras, how would you compare the Alpha and Delta descriptions in terms of the things you identify with?
    I identify even less with Alpha. I don't see myself in the description at all. It doesn't seem/feel right. It may sound odd considering they are opposing quadras (Delta and Beta), but this is how I see it: Delta>Beta>Alpha/Delta.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To clarify, I feel pretty certain about being NF, which is probably why I can only identify with Delta and Beta (to a minor extent).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah okay, there goes that! sorry for wasting your time

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah okay, there goes that! sorry for wasting your time
    Hehe, not at all. I appreciate and I'm open to any input.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I somehow feel like Beta quadrant is more opposed/opposite to Delta.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I realize it might help if I give a little more information about myself. I always have a tough time trying to explain "the way I am" although I think I know myself pretty well. It is much easier to articulate the dynamics of my relationship with someone else or describe someone else's personality. This might be the case for most people though. I have very good intuition regarding others. I spend a lot of time analyzing others' behaviors. This is done mostly unconsciously and requires no effort on my part. I have always been this way and it is something that comes very naturally for me. I get pretty accurate impressions of people after very short interactions, sometimes even without any direct interaction. I can very easily identify people's comfort levels, etc...things that I've noticed most people don't pick up on.

I have a tendency to want to go deep to find out "what is really going" with someone, rather than being guided by their external mood/feelings. I am pretty good at distinguishing between the two (what they are revealing externally vs. what they are really feeling/thinking). However, I am usually not confident in being able to alter people's moods. I often end up with a feeling of self-consciousness for knowing what is going on but not being able to do anything about it on a superficial level. Actually, the only way that I am confident I can help is by "getting into the heart of the matter". Then I am in my zone. People have always been drawn to confide in me and I have often been described as someone who seems to really care and is a good listener. I also seem to surprise people with "revelations" that to them offer a different perspective, although they always seems very obvious to me.

My imagination always revolves around people (their behaviors, interactions, feelings). I spend a lot of time analyzing things that have occured as well as possible future scenarios. Why people act the way they do is my number one fascination.

I grew up in a family that is very open with their emotions. A lot of which has felt like "emotional manipulation" to me, which I don't respond well to. I do much better if things are explained in a rational, calm way. Strong outbursts of emotion overwhelm and drain me. I have always felt a need to rebel against this and assert my independence, not without feelings of guilt and usually after I get to the point that I feel I can't take it anymore. My initial reaction is to try to avoid conflict. But in the long run, the principle of "justice" in being accepted for who I am always wins. I don't like being told what to do or having specific expectations. I have difficulty with staying motivated doing things that are uninteresting to me. On such things I tend to procrastinate, however, I always seem to find time to do the things that are really important to me.

Well, I guess this is all for now. It was pretty easy to talk about myself afterall, after I got going.

EDIT: I have a tendency to write one long paragraph, rather than separating my thoughts. I realize that makes it more difficult to read.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, I somehow feel like Beta quadrant is more opposed/opposite to Delta.
    Yes, I see what you mean and I agree. However, when I say I identify more with Beta I meant specifically the NF descriptions. They resonate to the extent that they are, well...NF. But it seems like it is backwards, somehow. I feel like I could get along better with Gamma, probably though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what other ENFp's have said, and that everything you just described was based on other's (external) behavior, I am pretty sure you are ENFp. If you want specifics just based on what you said I can put em up here.

That and everything you said seems to match up pretty damn well with me . Like, how i'd really want someone to interact with me.

So, if you want my opinion, I'd say pretty strongly that you're ENFp.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what other ENFp's have said, and that everything you just described was based on other's (external) behavior, I am pretty sure you are ENFp.

That and everything you said seems to match up pretty damn well with me . Like, how i'd really want someone to interact with me.

So, if you want my opinion, I'd say pretty strongly that you're ENFp.
    Alright, one vote for ENFp then! And of course I want your opinion. By the way, the ISTp's here have always been my favorite from the beginning, before I ever considered ENFp or knew that they (including you) were ISTp's or even exactly what that meant. One of my other possible duals here still thinks INFp over ENFp for me though, which is one of the reasons that make me doubt it since I very much trust his judgement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I am back to being unsure about my type. Big suprise. I'm pretty sure I am either INFp or ENFp. I indentify with Delta quadra much more than Beta. I also find more resemblance to the IEE descriptions versus IEI. I feel that I value Ne over Ni and Fi over Fe. However, other things make me doubt that I am IEE with certainty. Can anyone give me some specific pointers as to how I can find out once and for all?
    haha this seems like a whole lot of Ne-masturbation to me.

ENFp>INFp
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post

ENFp>INFp
    LOL, well alrighty then. Would you care to share "why" you think that?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

You do not smell of Beta. And trust me, we smell.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    IEE

You do not smell of Beta. And trust me, we smell.
    HAHAHA....so I've been told.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post

ENFp>INFp
    Sorry dear but indecisions, doubtfulness and constant uncertainty is a beta nf trademark, if anything. So this doesn't really hold as an argument for ENFp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw, I identify with everything you said in your most recent longer description of yourself. And I also love ISTps even more, initially, than ESTps. But I still think I'm IEI. I'm not trying to throw a wrench in your typing, but anyway....
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Sorry dear but indecisions, doubtfulness and constant uncertainty is a beta nf trademark, if anything. So this doesn't really hold as an argument for ENFp.
    I think most here have been/are undecided about their type at one point. So, I am not sure that you could generalize these traits to my character in general. Plus, I don't understand ENFps to be the most decisive people in the world either. Maybe the continuous re-evaluations have to do with NF, in my case, as what I perceive as new external information becoming available.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want specifics just based on what you said I can put em up here.
    If you're still up for it, I would like this.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most here have been/are undecided about their type at one point.
    True.

So, I am not sure that you could generalize these traits to my character in general.
    I didn't. I generalized them to an aspect of your initial post that misutii was referring to.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think most here have been/are undecided about their type at one point. So, I am not sure that you could generalize these traits to my character in general. Plus, I don't understand ENFps to be the most decisive people in the world either. Maybe the continuous re-evaluations have to do with NF, in my case, as what I perceive as new external information becoming available.
    To add to this, I can sometimes appear as undecided externally, especially when it comes to every day matters and things of little consequence (to me). This can make me appear "scattered" However, I have a pretty stable/static character. The things that I see as values/principles/feelings are firm.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    True.

I didn't. I generalized them to an aspect of your initial post that misutii was referring to.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    fwiw, I identify with everything you said in your most recent longer description of yourself. And I also love ISTps even more, initially, than ESTps. But I still think I'm IEI. I'm not trying to throw a wrench in your typing, but anyway....
    I got you. I have often identified with your posts, so Im sure we do have a lot in common.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, I realize it might help if I give a little more information about myself. I always have a tough time trying to explain "the way I am" although I think I know myself pretty well. It is much easier to articulate the dynamics of my relationship with someone else or describe someone else's personality. This might be the case for most people though. I have very good intuition regarding others. I spend a lot of time analyzing others' behaviors. This is done mostly unconsciously and requires no effort on my part. I have always been this way and it is something that comes very naturally for me. I get pretty accurate impressions of people after very short interactions, sometimes even without any direct interaction. I can very easily identify people's comfort levels, etc...things that I've noticed most people don't pick up on.

I have a tendency to want to go deep to find out "what is really going" with someone, rather than being guided by their external mood/feelings. I am pretty good at distinguishing between the two (what they are revealing externally vs. what they are really feeling/thinking). However, I am usually not confident in being able to alter people's moods. I often end up with a feeling of self-consciousness for knowing what is going on but not being able to do anything about it on a superficial level. Actually, the only way that I am confident I can help is by "getting into the heart of the matter". Then I am in my zone. People have always been drawn to confide in me and I have often been described as someone who seems to really care and is a good listener. I also seem to surprise people with "revelations" that to them offer a different perspective, although they always seems very obvious to me.

My imagination always revolves around people (their behaviors, interactions, feelings). I spend a lot of time analyzing things that have occured as well as possible future scenarios. Why people act the way they do is my number one fascination.

I grew up in a family that is very open with their emotions. A lot of which has felt like "emotional manipulation" to me, which I don't respond well to. I do much better if things are explained in a rational, calm way. Strong outbursts of emotion overwhelm and drain me. I have always felt a need to rebel against this and assert my independence, not without feelings of guilt and usually after I get to the point that I feel I can't take it anymore. My initial reaction is to try to avoid conflict. But in the long run, the principle of "justice" in being accepted for who I am always wins. I don't like being told what to do or having specific expectations. I have difficulty with staying motivated doing things that are uninteresting to me. On such things I tend to procrastinate, however, I always seem to find time to do the things that are really important to me.

Well, I guess this is all for now. It was pretty easy to talk about myself afterall, after I got going.

EDIT: I have a tendency to write one long paragraph, rather than separating my thoughts. I realize that makes it more difficult to read.
    i haven't read farther into the thread yet, but this is why we get along and are on the same wavelength. this is also who i am without "trying." we are definitely kindreds and i've only felt this way with 1-2 others in this way in my life.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add to this, I can sometimes appear as undecided externally, especially when it comes to every day matters and things of little consequence (to me). This can make me appear "scattered" However, I have a pretty stable/static character. The things that I see as values/principles/feelings are firm.
    ditto again my dear and it is sounding like ENFp to me here.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    ditto again my dear and it is sounding like ENFp to me here.
    And I don't give you for ENFj either. You have a great persona to which I have developed great affection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast