Thread: MBTI INFP and socionics EIE?

TIM
    EIE 4w3 so 4-7-9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MBTI INFP and socionics EIE?

I did this once before and I was typed as EIE here... I thought it's cool, but more research I've done, it leads me to doubts. I know MBTI for about 2 years and I am typed as INFP, while here in socionics I was typed as EIE, which I think fits the best to MBTI ENFJ. I relate well to socionics description of EIE, but not ot MBTI description of ENFJ at all. I feel like INFP fits me well in MBTI...So is it possible to be EIE in socionics and INFP in MBTI, or I made mistake somewhere in my typing either MBTI, or socionics?

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible to bring MBTI and socionics together especially concerning introverted types

TIM
    EIE 4w3 so 4-7-9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It's impossible to bring MBTI and socionics together especially concerning introverted types
    Why is it impossible? These theories have very much in common. They both are based on cognitive functions, I still think if I am an Fi+Ne in MBTI I can't be an Fe+Ni in socionics. I find it pretty logical.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWhite View Post
    Why is it impossible? These theories have very much in common. They both are based on cognitive functions, I still think if I am an Fi+Ne in MBTI I can't be an Fe+Ni in socionics. I find it pretty logical.
    The only thing I wanted to say don't think in patterns if A,B in MBTI then C,D or E in socionics. Look at both systems as different and not interconnected. MBTI is concerning Introverts anyway miles away from Jung.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did this once before and I was typed as EIE here... I thought it's cool, but more research I've done, it leads me to doubts. I know MBTI for about 2 years and I am typed as INFP, while here in socionics I was typed as EIE, which I think fits the best to MBTI ENFJ. I relate well to socionics description of EIE, but not ot MBTI description of ENFJ at all. I feel like INFP fits me well in MBTI...So is it possible to be EIE in socionics and INFP in MBTI, or I made mistake somewhere in my typing either MBTI, or socionics?
    Ni-EIEs are typically very individualistic and creative (the one I know also has a fairly whiny voice reminiscent of IEIs). They present a facade of having firmly held values that they will defend vocally, but really their values are much more malleable and based on social input compared with EII's.

EIEs are truly ENFJs in MBTI terms. The problem is that most MBTI profiles of ENFJs (and many other types) are shit. They present a shallow, surface level caricature of EIEs (OMGILOVEEVERYONEIMUSTHELPEVERYONE), and even then that is only a caricature of one subtype (Fe-EIE).

Socionics and MBTI ultimately come from Jung, so I believe they are comparable. The easiest way to figure out which type you are is cracking open a copy of Psychological Types and reading what Jung as to say about Introverted Feelers and Extraverted Feelers, then picking which one you identify with.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MBTI descriptions are not that good. They only cover a certain subtype as has been said before.
    Just go by the functions. They are the same in MBTI and socionics.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    Compare MBTI Si with socionics Si. They're extremely different

TIM
    EIE 4w3 so 4-7-9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    The MBTI descriptions are not that good. They only cover a certain subtype as has been said before.
    Going by functions is the best advice I guess...It's just I really have problems with figuring my functions out. For example in MBTI the xNFP 4 letter code sounds accurate for me, but the functions does not fit. It seems like my functions are Ni-Fi-Ne-Ti and the functions I don't use at all are Fe,Se and Te.. but they don't fit any type

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going by functions is the best advice I guess...It's just I really have problems with figuring my functions out. For example in MBTI the xNFP 4 letter code sounds accurate for me, but the functions does not fit. It seems like my functions are Ni-Fi-Ne-Ti and the functions I don't use at all are Fe,Se and Te.. but they don't fit any type
    Have you read the Wikisocion articles on the functions? Everything I read in MBTI on functions especially Ni and Ne left me confused. But Socionics is richer when it comes to function descriptions.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Concerning IEs I recommend sociotype.com

And shit in 4 lettercodes. Socionics nomenclatur is only about the Base and creative IE

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI descriptions have little to no relationship to the functions involved.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja