View Poll Results: What IE-subtype is MD?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ti-ILI

0 0%
  • Fi-ILI

0 0%
  • neither

0 0%
  • I don't know

1 100.00%

Thread: My IE subtype

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My IE subtype

While I'm quite sure now that I'm a Normalizing ILI, (I especially relate to Gulenko's description, it describes my 'rational' traits very well.) I'm not exactly sure about my IE subtype and my dual-type, respectively. Which means INTj vs. INFj. From the dichtotomies alone, I'd say INFj would probably be more accurate, but I don't seem to develop the typical Fi-subtype behaviour as seen below – or at least not consciously. The Ti subtype (as suggested by JohnDo before) on the other handside might explain why many people think I'd be Alpha NT/LII.

Strengthening function gives alarming-over-anxious behavior. This is the primary-axis setting, which does not require formal commitment to traditional rules.
    Strengthening function leads to the formation of formal-pedantic behavior. It is secondary in nature in response to the satisfaction of common group needs. It is based on regulation, instruction and official laws.
    There is still a certain chance of me being not N, but H instead. But I rate this chance to be rather unlikely, because I'm not the typical perceiver and a rational subtype seems to be right.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What role do you feel you are best suited to play in society?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What role do you feel you are best suited to play in society?
    Hm, that's a bit complicated I guess... for instance, I'm currently not taking an actual place or role in society. It's more like I'm living parallel to it, hidden. That's not by chance of course, it's all intentionally. Otherwise – job/work related – I could imagine myself as a problem-solving person who acts outside of the regular people's perception. The kind of man who develops ideas others (e.g. politicians) are speaking of but never really stands in the spotlight. I guess I'm referring to my future job, if my studies proceed according to plan.
    Thanks for replying, tcaud.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Hm, that's a bit complicated I guess... for instance, I'm currently not taking an actual place or role in society. It's more like I'm living parallel to it, hidden. That's not by chance of course, it's all intentionally. Otherwise – job/work related – I could imagine myself as a problem-solving person who acts outside of the regular people's perception. The kind of man who develops ideas others (e.g. politicians) are speaking of but never really stands in the spotlight. I guess I'm referring to my future job, if my studies proceed according to plan.
    Thanks for replying, tcaud.
    Well that certainly sounds creative subtype, anyway. Yeah I know what you mean there, that's what I aim to be too.

What elements do you think about most?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MD
    I'm currently not taking an actual place or role in society. It's more like I'm living parallel to it, hidden. That's not by chance of course, it's all intentionally. ...A problem-solving person who acts outside of the regular people's perception.
    VI?

D

C

N

H

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that certainly sounds creative subtype, anyway.
    Maybe, but there a two contradictions if I'd be the C subtype:
    1. it's the extrovert subtype
    2. I guess I'm already on the borderline of perceiving/judging, so a perceiving subtype of a perceiving basic type might not be the best solution.

What elements do you think about most?
    What exactly do you mean? IEs?

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    VI?

*TMNT pics*
    I'm not so much into direct action like these guys, I prefer the theoretical approach most of the time. Pretty close, though.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not so much into direct action like these guys, I prefer the theoretical approach most of the time.
    My vote's worth, like, maybe 1/4 a tcaud; but FWIW, I'm feeling:

C() or H() > D or N

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote's worth, like, maybe 1/4 a tcaud
    I like the idea of forum members being units of measure. Just like in: "Hey, you owe me 3 CILis!" - "Well, I give you a tcaud and you'll be fine." Ahh, nevermind. I think your vote is as good as anyone's vote.

but FWIW, I'm feeling:
    C() or H() > D or N
    Okay, just because of your general observations or only based on what I wrote above?
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your vote is as good as anyone's vote.
    That's quite the insult to "anyone".

...Just because of your general observations or only based on what I wrote above?
    Much more on general observations over the past couple months or so than "what you wrote above" (though the latter showed a side of you I'd not really seen before).

There's something in you that seems to fit really, really well with Alpha/Delta Ne/Si folk. I'm not sure if it's more a "playfulness" or an "open-mindedness" that I notice; but if you're pretty confidently ILI, something often makes you "look" otherwise. Perhaps it's that C/H-subtype "adaptation to the people around you" thing.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something in you that seems to fit really, really well with Alpha/Delta Ne/Si folk. I'm not sure if it's more a "playfulness" or an "open-mindedness" that I notice; but if you're pretty confidently ILI, something often makes you "look" otherwise. Perhaps it's that C/H-subtype "adaptation to the people around you" thing.
    Yeah, that's pretty much another problem. This is also the reason why I'm not so sure about the actual merit of subtypes. I guess some of the critics might be right if they say that people use them to explain a unsure typing. For instance, I can hardly see a difference between Ni-LII and Ti-ILI... and if you add up all the different traits of those types and subtypes, I think you'll end up with more or less the same stuff. I'll never be 100% sure of a typing, but that both curse and blessing of socionics: it's debatable... Thanks for your guess!
    – Arthur Schopenhauer