Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ENTj-ISFj duality: examples of LIE-ESI couples

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my GOD! That's amazing. Yes she is JUST LIKE my mom. Like my mom when she's trying to impress people - so like she'd be if she were being interviewed on TV. She's a bit dryer when she isn't trying to impress people.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of ENTj-ISFj duality

OK, I got the idea of the thread from UDP who started something similar. I would like to know examples from real life, books, movies etc. since this duality is not really common (as compared to ESTj-INFj). I just want to have an idea how it plays out.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great example:

Notice their facial expressions and body language and interactions... obvious Victim/Aggressor interactions.

<3 <3 <3
    Last edited by silke; 07-17-2014 at 03:06 PM. Reason: updated video
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

my grandparents:
    this is an arranged marriage though i can see that they really loved each other.

taken around 30 years ago.

taken 1933

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one's which?
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Hussein - Queen Noor

This video is far more about her than them, though.
    Last edited by silke; 07-17-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: updated links
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    which one's which?
    If I had to guess, it would probably be her grandma been an ISFj and grandpa been an ENTj.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaja
    my grandparents:
    this is an arranged marriage though i can see that they really loved each other.

taken around 30 years ago.

taken 1933
    that's so romantic.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God fucking dammit they look exactly like my girlfriend's father and mother (which i had already typed as isfj-entj)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever read a couple of the labels on Newmans' [s:9bbc2fc4bf]Dressing[/s:9bbc2fc4bf] pasta sauce?
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    Ever read a couple of the labels on Newmans' Dressing?
    Why did you capitalize the "d"?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Ever read a couple of the labels on Newmans' [s:4d5d795217]Dressing[/s:4d5d795217]?
    It's actually a double mistake, I mean't the pasta sauce...o.o

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever read a couple of the labels on Newmans' [s:b6a4d778ff]Dressing[/s:b6a4d778ff]?
    It's actually a double mistake, I mean't the pasta sauce...o.o

TWICE THE SHIT

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default slide show of LIE/ESI couple

SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's about time to find another couple for your examples. This example is getting quite tiring.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so don't watch the slide show

(can you think of another LIE/ESI couple with as many photos of them on the internet?)
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so don't watch the slide show
    What ignorantly dumb thing to say.

(can you think of another LIE/ESI couple with as many photos of them on the internet?)
    No, but I am neither looking for an LIE/ESI example nor do I keep posting the same one for an example. This is your problem to deal with; you need to find another example of an LIE/ESI couple.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like looking, partially because I'm quite happy with this one, and partially because I generally couldn't care less about famous people, so the likelihood of my randomly running into another one is quite slim.

So I guess we're going to have to agree that you'll continue to bitch and I'll continue to not care that you're bitching?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel like looking, partially because I'm quite happy with this one, and partially because I generally couldn't care less about famous people, so the likelihood of my randomly running into another one is quite slim.

So I guess we're going to have to agree that you'll continue to bitch and I'll continue to not care that you're bitching?
    Come again? If you think that I'm "bitching," then you are obviously misinterpreting and reading an unintended tone into what I am saying. I hardly think that what I said warranted such language. I am sorry that I offered my constructive criticism of your over reliance of a single couple. I withdraw what I said earlier then.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

Come again? If you think that I'm "bitching," then you are obviously misinterpreting and reading an unintended tone into what I am saying. I hardly think that what I said warranted such language. I am sorry that I offered my constructive criticism of your over reliance of a single couple. I withdraw what I said earlier then.
    And now you're being passive aggressive and sensitive. Just look at your sig! But it's okay, I was married to an LII for a little while. I understand. I'm just giving you shit.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now you're being passive aggressive and sensitive.
    Would you then prefer if I was actively aggressive and insensitive?

Just look at your sig!
    And? It's not bitching, whining, pouting, moaning, or complaining, though I can understand why you would interpret it as such.

But it's okay, I was married to an LII for a little while. I understand. I'm just giving you shit.
    Well I would prefer it if you gave me cookies, cakes, or pie. I am not really one who appreciates the finer qualities of receiving shit, so the only thing I know to do with shit is to wipe it off my ass (or have an ESE do it for me) and then flush it (or have an ESE do it for me).
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you then prefer if I was actively aggressive and insensitive?
    actively aggressive? yes. and insensitive wouldn't bother me

But it's okay, I was married to an LII for a little while. I understand. I'm just giving you shit.
    Well I would prefer it if you gave me cookies, cakes, or pie. I am not really one who appreciates the finer qualities of receiving shit, so the only thing I know to do with shit is to wipe it off my ass (or have an ESE do it for me) and then flush it (or have an ESE do it for me).
    have fun with that
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95
    how long did it take to put that togeather? not much different from the the video you linked us to earlier. i think it would be really useful to see some new and different couples who are possibly gamma rational.
    See, you overly-sensitive, arrogant, hypocritical, narrow-minded bitch? I am not the only one who thinks that you should try and find some new Gamma rational couples to display. While you may not see yourself as being a celebrity-worshiper - since as you say you do not know of other famous LIE/ESI couples (which is something I never suggested looking for BTW, just another set of examples that did not even have to be celebrities) - your over reliance on this one couple does make you look like you worship the Newman couple.
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long did it take to put that togeather? not much different from the the video you linked us to earlier. i think it would be really useful to see some new and different couples who are possibly gamma rational.
    See, you overly-sensitive, arrogant, hypocritical, narrow-minded bitch? I am not the only one who thinks that you should try and find some new Gamma rational couples to display. While you may not see yourself as being a celebrity-worshiper - since as you say you do not know of other famous LIE/ESI couples (which is something I never suggested looking for BTW, just another set of examples that did not even have to be celebrities) - your over reliance on this one couple does make you look like you worship the Newman couple.
    If you're actually attempting to get her to change in some way, this is not how you go about doing it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit that seeing pics of them does make me feel inexplicably happy. It's almost disturbing similar to the way Peter and I act when I'm not feeling like shit, which is something I enjoy thinking about. I'm not relying on anything though... this isn't a submission of an article to an scientific journal. It's a post on a forum for hobbiest of a relatively unknown theory.

I have no reason to go searching for other LIE/ESI "exemplary" couples. I'll post what I want to post. Deal with it. (This film strip did have photos not seen in the youtube videos I've posted though.) As always, you are, of course, free to bitch as much as you'd like.
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're actually attempting to get her to change in some way, this is not how you go about doing it.
    No not really, and I am not sure where you got the impression that I was trying to change anyone.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not really, and I am not sure where you got the impression that I was trying to change anyone.
    I believe he's wondering what you're trying to accomplish?
    SEE

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little more variety to get an idea of what an LIE/ESI couple looks like other than the Newman couple.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's about time to find another couple for your examples. This example is getting quite tiring.
    This might be the 4th topic on the subject. Well, at least she hasn't placed a slideshow of her and discojoe.

imfd95: it's not surprising that ENTjs don't contribute. Almost nobody is "accepted" as ENTj here if his though processes do not precisely conform to other people that think of themselves as ENTj. It's strange how Jung had warned extraverted thinkers to pay attention not to incur in this trap, yet in a forum whose theoretical basis comes straight from jung, the mistake is repeated ad infinitum.

For example I think resee witherspoon and ryan philippe are isfj-entj. yet ryan philippe can't be entj because he's an actor, and resee witherspoon just looks too extraverted to be isfj. or maybe jacqueline kennedy and j.f. kennedy, which again isn't accepted. anyway i think ben stiller and his wife can be a good example.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    It's strange how Jung had warned extraverted thinkers to pay attention not to incur in this trap, yet in a forum whose theoretical basis comes straight from jung, the mistake is repeated ad infinitum.
    Jung's extraverted thinkers are not the same as in socionics. It's the source of much confusion.

For example I think resee witherspoon and ryan philippe are isfj-entj. yet ryan philippe can't be entj because he's an actor, and resee witherspoon just looks too extraverted to be isfj.
    Whoever said that ENTjs can't be actors? Don't we agree that Joanne Woodward is ENTj? Isn't Brad Pitt usually typed as ENTj? Etc. In Ryan Philippe's case, I think ENFj is more likely but it's more of a hunch, I haven't paid much attention to him, perhaps he is ENTj and perhaps it's a good example of an ENTj-ISFj couple.

Personally I've also typed Jodie Foster and Helen Mirren as ENTjs (not so sure about Mirren, though).

or maybe jacqueline kennedy and j.f. kennedy, which again isn't accepted.
    I have read a lot -- certainly too much -- about JFK, and he was probably the most perfect example of a successful ENFj in history. It doesn't take much of reading about him to discover that.

The Russian typing of him as ENTj is based on, essentially, nothing -- Igor Weisband told me that it was "he seemed to represent the American ideal male, which we think is the Jack London type". Which misses the entire point about JFK's personality.

Jackie O. was more likely ESFj or perhaps ENFj herself, not ISFj, and their marriage had nothing of duality in it, for all that the "Camelot" sycophants might want to make it appear so.

anyway i think ben stiller and his wife can be a good example.
    I have no idea.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two more possible ENTj - ISFj couples --

The ex-couple Nicolas and Cecilia Sarkozy (yes folks, not even the ENTj-ISFj duality assures that you'll stay together forever)

I am fairly certain of their types, unless Cecilia was totally full of crap in a lengthy interview she gave after announcing the divorce.

And perhaps --

Kate and Gerry McCann (I am more convinced of her as ISFj than of him as ENTj, though -- ESTj seems at least as likely, or more).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    The ex-couple Nicolas and Cecilia Sarkozy (yes folks, not even the ENTj-ISFj duality assures that you'll stay together forever)
    I don't really see how he could be a auxilliary type. He's far too concrete and confrontational in his language. He doesn't really an absent-minded idealistic dreamer or such.

Besides, I don't think how he can be an Extrotim, because he doesn't seem to accept world/people as is. He really seems like "I want to know the truth", which is more characteristic of types than types.

An example of auxilliary would be Le Pen, another would be ******.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I don't really see how he could be a auxilliary type. He's far too concrete and confrontational in his language. He doesn't really an absent-minded idealistic dreamer or such.
    I made my case in the wiki -- in the debate, Royal was far more confrontational than he. His level of aggressiveness seems consistent with LIE to me. And are all LIEs "absent-minded idealistic dreamers"?

Besides, I don't think how he can be an Extrotim, because he doesn't seem to accept world/people as is. He really seems like "I want to know the truth", which is more characteristic of types than types.
    Perhaps you're the one who's wrong about how the world is.

An example of auxilliary would be Le Pen, another would be ******.
    So if you're not like them you're not LIE?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    His level of aggressiveness seems consistent with LIE to me.
    or is he a SLE lazy-beer-drinker !?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or is he a SLE lazy-beer-drinker !?
    *shrug* he may be LSI or SLE (what we'd call Ti subtype, just for reference, regardless of the "existence" of subtypes).

I watched closely his debate with Royal (I understand French very well, although I don't speak it that well), and to me LIE for him, and LSI for her, made by far the most sense. Other actions/words of his confirmed LIE for me. Perhaps he comes across as too "tough" at times, but actually I thought that Royal was far tougher.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default explanations of pics of LIE/ESI couple

She's the LIE, he's the ESI. And yes, it's the same couple. This might be more useful though. I've chosen a number of photos and described how things related to LIE/ESI duality are present in them.

Obviously I have no way of knowing if my interpretations of these scenes is entirely accurate, but I think a lot of these photos capture the general feel of the Ni/Se "playfulness" I've mentioned in the past, as well as other aspects of LIE/ESI duality. Due to the nature of this post, I expect that others will see different possibly scenarios surrounding the pics. I'm just commenting on what I see in the pics.

[hr:1a2c609d67]

Here he's pointing out that they need to hurry/leave now or they're going to be late:

Here he's pretending to be puzzled either by the thing he's holding or the fact that it was in that drawer.

Playing with pets.

They seem to have a thing for bikes... In this first one he's pretending not to allow her to pass.

Here he's imitating someone:

Here they're goofing around with those eye pieces... not sure what that's about:

Here he might be pretending to be flabbergasted by something she said?

Notice which one appears comfortable cooking and sewing:

Huh... not sure what to say about this one...

Here he's picking on her:

He's being snuggly:

She's goofing around, making a "smoochy" face:

She's doing that because he's making a face at the camera, probably imitating someone:

"Kiss me."

Here he's saying something and she's sitting there just watching and listening with an "oh yeah?" or "I don't believe you" or "I'm only mildly amused" expression.

This may be a scene in which he was playing out an imitation of the statue?

Here she's pretending to be relaxed. She's about to reposition or get up and move around.

Si PoLR?

And it looks like she just tossed her jacket behind her?

In some of the photos, their home has a rather "lived in" look compared to photos of other famous people's homes.

Notice the cabinet door and drawer not shut all the way:

SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: explanations of pics of LIE/ESI couple

Here he's pointing out that they need to hurry/leave now or they're going to be late:
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? Shouldn't the LIE, with strong Ni (time-telling abilities) be reminding the ESI of the time?

Si PoLR?

Oh those crazy LIEs. So shit at taking and looking good in photos.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the photos are more telling when you look at them with other photos that were taken at the same time. It's easier to understand their interactions. In some of them you can see how she's warming him up for the camera.

[hr:b569194516]

The faces he's making in the first two and the face she's making in the second one might suggest that the kid was fussing, and because he was amused by it, she gave the kid to him to calm down.

(notice she's hanging on to his swing... he's still not into the photo idea)

(then she demands a kiss)

SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: explanations of pics of LIE/ESI couple

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? Shouldn't the LIE, with strong Ni (time-telling abilities) be reminding the ESI of the time?
    Nope. LIE's are far less likely to be punctual than ESI's. That's one of the things ESI's help LIE's with.

Remember, Ni is not about schedules, time (as in what the clock says), or dates. Ni is about the flow of events and the future/past. (That's what's meant when Ni is described as being about "time".)

Oh those crazy LIEs. So shit at taking and looking good in photos.
    Yeah, I was pointing out the plaid pants with that coat. (I actually didn't notice that at first... I only liked that photo because of what they're doing.)
    SEE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast