Thread: punched in the face

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default punched in the face

Imagine someone getting punched in the face

Ne: what drove him to punch me in the face?
    Si: That really hurt, will I be ok?
    Fe: This guy must be really mad at me
    Ti: This guy's fist just made contact with my face--probably to cause harm
    Se: Am I in a good position to strike back?
    Ni: I didn't see this coming. He's gonna do it again!
    Te: His fist made contact with my face with x units of force, causing x units of pain
    Fi: ok this guy gets -10 points for doing that

it's just an idea, run with it
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol iight iight
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

See, everything is type related!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

Fe - Getting punched in the face both physically and emotionally hurts me. That was mean!

Fi - What is wrong with this person who punches people in the face, is he angry? should I forgive him? should I tell him he is out of line? Does he have some kind of problem?

Si - That hurt, I don't like getting punched in the face.

Se - Punch him back or Run away.

Ne - What oppurtunities are their to punch this person back? What oppurtunity did punching me in the face give this guy?

Ni - How did it come to this guy punching me in the face? Will this end up good in the end?

Te - Thinks about next move to take, punching me in the face was done to maximize pain, I should cover my face, then start considering the best option for ending this altercation.

Ti - Begins to plan his strategy for dealing with the situation (plan as a logical structure).

EXAMPLE -- ESE getting punched in the face....

Creatively => That hurt, I don't like it!
    Producing => Therefore that was mean, and I think this person is a bad bad person.

EXAMPLE -- LSE getting punched in the face...

Creatively => Strategy.... Punch him back tell someone breaks it up or someone wins, cover my face and genitals, go for his face or gentials
    Producing => Do it

EXAMPLE -- SLI getting punched in the face...

Creatively => He punched me in the fucking face, god damn thats the worst place to be punched...
    Producing => This sucks

EXAMPLE -- LII getting punched in the face....

Creatively => What could this guy have possibly gained from punching me in the face? Looks around environment for oppurtunities
    Producing => Makes and executes strategy based on perception of oppurtunities.

EXAMPLE -- ILI getting punched in the face.....

Creatively => He punched me in the fucking face, god damn thats the worst place to be punched....
    Producing => Well its serious now, this isn't going to end well unless this ends fast

EXAMPLE -- LSI getting punched in the face....

Creatively => Shit now I got to either run away or fight back
    Producing => What is the best strategy for running/fighting?

EXAMPLE -- IEI getting punched in the face.....

Creatively => Getting punched in the face hurts, and its means
    Producing => This guy is a bad and its going to end bad unless someone stops him.

EXAMPLE -- SEE getting punched in the face....

Creatively => Shit now I got to either run away or fight back
    Producing => So is fighting or running the more ethical decision?
    Last edited by male; 04-07-2010 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni: Dodger. You are less likely to be hit in combat, if you have this Perk. Every level will add +5% to your Armor Class, in addition to the AC bonus from any worn armor.

Se: Toughness. When you are tough, you take less damage. Each level of this perk adds +10% to your general damage resistance.

Fi: Healer. The healing of bodies comes easier to you with this Perk. Each level will add 2-5 (Fallout) or 4-10 (Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) more hit points healed when using the First Aid or Doctor skills.

Si: Quick Recovery. You are quick at recovering from being knocked down. It takes only 1 AP to stand up.

Ne: Earlier Sequence. You are more likely to move before your opponents in combat, since your Sequence is +2 for each level of this Perk.
    Last edited by krieger; 04-07-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Creepy-male

TiNe - Nerd Rage: You've been pushed around long enough! With the Nerd Rage! perk, your Strength is raised to 10 and you gain 50% to damage resistance whenever your Health drops to 20% or below.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grrrr. INTJs are NOT nerds. *rips open shirt while muscles bulging*

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Imagine someone getting punched in the face

Ne: what drove him to punch me in the face?
    Si: That really hurt, will I be ok?
    Fe: This guy must be really mad at me
    Ti: This guy's fist just made contact with my face--probably to cause harm
    Se: Am I in a good position to strike back?
    Ni: I didn't see this coming. He's gonna do it again!
    Te: His fist made contact with my face with x units of force, causing x units of pain
    Fi: ok this guy gets -10 points for doing that

it's just an idea, run with it
    Imho, a leading Ne type will NOT ask what drove the other person, but retaliate by immediately switching to Se-role activity
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Grrrr. INTJs are NOT nerds. *rips open shirt while muscles bulging*

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post

TiNe - Nerd Rage: You've been pushed around long enough! With the Nerd Rage! perk, your Strength is raised to 10 and you gain 50% to damage resistance whenever your Health drops to 20% or below.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    Fi would start quietly crying silent tears whilst trying to be brave.
    Ne would then step in for me and ask why did the person do that.
    Fi would feel they must hate me.
    Ne would know that the other person wouldn't like to be treated that way by me or anyone else.
    Fi would know that I didn't like being treated that way and cry another few silent tears whilst wiping them away to give the illusion that there were none.
    Fi might if it were mega upset want to do something like the hand signal :grr: at the other person and pull a silly face at the aggressor if they felt safe enough (keeping in mind that these are used only rarely and only on the worst of the worst offenders) and if Ne agrees that it is deserved then they just might! If not they may wait until they are venting later whilst crying a few more silent tears .
    No, I don't think so. That's Se in control when it feels that people hate you hence . I would never ever ever ever hurt another individual physically; that's just so mean.

Fi-please don't hurt other individuals, it causes emotional and physical pain, and that's somthing that should not be gone by humans.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-07-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Imho, a leading Ne type will NOT ask what drove the other person, but retaliate by immediately switching to Se-role activity
    I think both would happen. There would be the immediate defensiveness, consideration of retaliation, the "how mean" feeling, but the ultimate question in mind would be "but WHY?"
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    No, I don't think so. That's Se in control when it feels that people hate you hence . I would never ever ever ever hurt another individual physically; that's just so mean.

Fi-please don't hurt other individuals, it causes emotional and physical pain, and that's somthing that should not be gone by humans.
    Just curious, but... you ever been punched in the face?

I wish I could vouch the same; but, in the moment, idealism kinda gets tossed out the window.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Well yes, that's the difference between a person and an information element. As people, we have minds that can see one thing is more important than another. Survival takes precedence over just about everything most of the time. If for some reason you got in a fight and completely ignored Se, you might be in trouble
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people punch me, I laugh. What function is that?

I remember a few situations where I (stupidly) didn't even try to block. I laughed. In one case, I finally swung back and won. In another case, it pissed the guy off so bad that he stepped it up and started kicking me in the face and balls until my friends pulled me away. But I left smiling.

[edit] Not a real laugh btw..not like I was some badass and the punches didn't hurt. More like a phony theatrical laugh to humiliate and kind of save face until I figured out a way to resolve the situation.

[edit] umm and no, I wasn't imitating tyler durden. I've been doing a variation of this since I was a kid.
    Last edited by Kaze; 04-15-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my LIE friend got punched in the face once and he just said, "did you just punch me in the face?" i think he could have given a fuck less
    asd

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what I'd do if I got punched in the face. Depends on how I felt in the previous moments. My first impulse would be to try to talk my way into humiliating or threatening the person. My second would be to size up whether or not I would further embarrass myself by fighting or by not fighting. I would basically do whatever would save me the most face and most embarrass/punish the other person. If I walked away, I would start planning revenge. If I didn't feel better soon after, I might actually carry out said revenge in some way. But I'd probably just get over it after.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1st reaction if I were to get hit in the face would be; "What are the chances of a third party getting involved in a way I can't handle?"

Of course it's not that eloquent but if that doesn't make any sense let me re-phrase.

"Can I fight this person right now without getting arrested for assault?"
    "Can I fight this person without getting kicked out of school?"

Or perhaps how do I avoid that third party when they get involved, is more along the lines of my train of thought.
    Last edited by JWC3; 04-15-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I don't know what I'd do if I got punched in the face. Depends on how I felt in the previous moments. My first impulse would be to try to talk my way into humiliating or threatening the person. My second would be to size up whether or not I would further embarrass myself by fighting or by not fighting. I would basically do whatever would save me the most face and most embarrass/punish the other person. If I walked away, I would start planning revenge. If I didn't feel better soon after, I might actually carry out said revenge in some way. But I'd probably just get over it after.
    .. I didn't expect an IEI to be that similar. In fact, you're making me feel like an IEI. The only difference is in how I've gone about it...