Thread: VI a Friend of Mine

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI a Friend of Mine

This guy is one of my oldest friends, I have his type narrowed down to a couple possibilities but wanted to get some VI input.

*Please don't quote*

He's absolutely in love with the below chick (not the greatest pic of her, she's gorgeous)

Some comments about him:
    -Definitely an introvert, no question
    -He's a generally loveable guy, but he makes negative comments very regularly and matter-of-factly. Some of his most common phrases are "IDI-OT!" (while laughing) "You MORON" and "THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!" I and our mutual friends don't really notice, it's just his way of participating in social situations.
    -Has let me stay at his house for extended periods multiple times, when he really shouldn't have. Always pretty matter of fact about it "why don't you just stay at my house?"
    -When he calls you on the phone he doesn't talk about himself, just asks questions and expects you to talk the whole time.
    -He's pretty good at pursuing women/talking them up when he wants to, but never has had a gf afaik
    -Wears sunglasses a LOT
    -Can't really manage his money, if it's there he's spending it. Usually broke.

My guess for his type (rollover AFTER you've made your impressions) is IXTp. I would say SLI but one of his best friends is EIE so that's confusing. He could also be IXTj but he seems much more Te/Fi.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first thought was a (shy) SEE.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    my first thought was a (shy) SEE.
    Hadn't thought about that one, he really doesn't seem extraverted though. Plus I get along with him most of the time although it isn't a close relationship.
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    Hadn't thought about that one, he really doesn't seem extraverted though. Plus I get along with him most of the time although it isn't a close relationship.
    He reminds me of a friend of mine. This friend is pretty "introverted," though I think it's for non-socionic reasons- i.e., that he's been obese his whole life- and I think he's most likely SEE.
    I don't see a problem with Super-Egos getting along. They usually do.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I didnt get SEE vibes from this guy.

But some IP would make sense.

Maybe he's Si ISFp? I don't see an immediate problem with this...

What's your opinion BP?
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    hmm I didnt get SEE vibes from this guy.

But some IP would make sense.

Maybe he's Si ISFp? I don't see an immediate problem with this...

What's your opinion BP?
    I don't think he's my dual.
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

wow, I have a Norwegian friend who looks exactly like him!

Definitely +
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Probably ISFp. Definetly not ESFp.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he's my dual.
    Okay, but his general demeanor is quite IPish and I would go with something Ne/Si because it would explain why you get along...

Im going with Si ISFp for now, but any worthy anecdotes could change my mind o' course.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

There's nothing stopping SEEs from being massively overweight.

Plus, I don't get Fe vibes off the guy.

SLIs are often quite wacky (but not in the off-the-planet Alpha way). Is this guy at all like that? You can usually spot a Judicious a mile off by how silly they are/can be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post

Plus, I don't get Fe vibes off the guy.

SLIs are often quite wacky (but not in the off-the-planet Alpha way). Is this guy at all like that? You can usually spot a Judicious a mile off by how silly they are/can be.
    Well SLI is my guess, but one of our good friends is EIE. Dude just cannot be ISFp. If he is then I'm not ILE.
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if other SLI's are smooth with dem ladies.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well SLI is my guess, but one of our good friends is EIE. Dude just cannot be ISFp. If he is then I'm not ILE.
    err, why not? i don't think anything is particularly horrid about vi-ing him as ISFp. perhaps you could give some ACTUAL information about his personality as to why he can't be ISFp? v.i. isn't exactly a foolproof science, y'know. i mean, why not Te polr?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    I wonder if other SLI's are smooth with dem ladies.
    He's not exactly smooth, just motivated.
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not exactly smooth, just motivated.
    He's pretty good at pursuing women/talking them up when he wants to, but never has had a gf afaik
    Does not compute for me, can you give an example of how he acts around women?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    err, why not? i don't think anything is particularly horrid about vi-ing him as ISFp. perhaps you could give some ACTUAL information about his personality as to why he can't be ISFp? v.i. isn't exactly a foolproof science, y'know. i mean, why not Te polr?
    He shows no concern over maintaining a comfortable SiFe environment. He's always randomly insulting people, and doesn't pay attention to Fe signals. If he gets pissed off and wants to leave a situation, that's it, no one else's opinions matter.

He's not really emotionally expressive in general, nor is he "stryfe"-ey.

He's clearly asking > declaring.

We don't really get along well. That is, I generally like him, but he's not my favorite person in the world, and he's always griping about me to friends. Well I dunno maybe he is my dual
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Does not compute for me, can you give an example of how he acts around women?
    With women he likes he will single one out, and talk to her for as long as possible. He really doesn't want anyone around when he talks to them. He basically just asks them a bunch of questions and tries to get them to keep talking.

Okay that sounds sort of generic for all guys.

With women he doesn't like he'll make fun of them just like he does men, calling them idiots and illustrating how stupid their behaviors are in an abrasive fashion. He often pisses them off and doesn't care when they express their unhappiness.
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

He shows no concern over maintaining a comfortable SiFe environment. He's always randomly insulting people, and doesn't pay attention to Fe signals. If he gets pissed off and wants to leave a situation, that's it, no one else's opinions matter.
    This is not SLI behaviour, nor is it Fe PoLR. (From what I've seen, Fe PoLR is "I'm working on my terms, according to my rhythms, and no amount of emotional prodding will change that. Kthxbi. Stop pushing me." A certain Dr Alban song comes to mind...)

He's not really emotionally expressive in general, nor is he "stryfe"-ey.
    SLIs stryfe often, if they trust you (or am I wrong here? The two SLIs I know are incredibly wangsty at times... they're not inhuman rocks.)

He's clearly asking > declaring.
    Bullshit dichotomy, imo.

We don't really get along well.
    You don't *have* to get on well with your dual. Just look at me and Jake. *shudder*

Also, this is a point against SLI, since you'd be his semi dual.

You'll need to define "not really well". Super-egos can be pretty "meh" about eachother.

Of course there are, for example Elvis. Well I don't know if either of them is really massively fat. But that guys demeanor isn't that of ESFp, or that of Se-dominants. He's either si-valuing or has ip-temperament, or both.

Also:
    Definitely an introvert, no question
    When he calls you on the phone he doesn't talk about himself, just asks questions and expects you to talk the whole time.

Both are unlikely for ESFp. ESFp could be mistyped for some introverted type, but unlikely for an introvert in a non-socionics sense.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not SLI behaviour, nor is it Fe PoLR. (From what I've seen, Fe PoLR is "I'm working on my terms, according to my rhythms, and no amount of emotional prodding will change that. Kthxbi. Stop pushing me." A certain Dr Alban song comes to mind...)

SLIs stryfe often, if they trust you (or am I wrong here? The two SLIs I know are incredibly wangsty at times... they're not inhuman rocks.)

Bullshit dichotomy, imo.

You don't *have* to get on well with your dual. Just look at me and Jake. *shudder*

You'll need to define "not really well". Super-egos can be pretty "meh" about eachother.
    =O

HOW DARE YOU SAY WE DONT GET ALONG!!!!

lolz
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Fe is perfect and always nice. Okay so maybe the asshole thing can be Fe.

If you say so, I'm talking about the highly visible stryfe Fe creatives get. I know the guy has some stryfe, it's obvious because I know him well, but it's not the same as I've seen in IXFps. He is a rock externally.

Bullshit dichotomy, imo.
    Bullshit statement, imo.

By Jake you mean archon, the ILE? And you're calling yourself SEI now after cycling through the other 3 Alphas?

Okay how we get along, I dunno basically we get along but it's very shallow, the way I'd expect semi-duality to be. When we're alone, we both tend to want to add someone else to the mix quickly. When we're with other people he tends to hang with them more than me, male or female. We don't have a lot of up front conflict, unless he doesn't want to do something when I'm going "come on let's do this!" He tends to get pissed off at me about things, which he'll tell others about and I'll only find out indirectly, such as:

-Always asking him what he wants to do (e.g. leaving the house, finding people to hang out with, etc) every morning, while he's busy with his boring ass morning routine of smoking/playing video games.
    -Demonstrating my Fi POLR by making an ass of myself around people, saying things that show my unawareness of things he knows about their background, etc.
    -Assuming that he'll follow rules I made, such as the cross country drive we went on with another guy where he refused to buy any gas, when I though I implicitly made clear we were sharing gas costs.

Other than that he just randomly insults me when we're hanging out socially, which I don't mind, it's usually when I've said something stupid anyway. I mean I like the guy, but just like every other relationship I don't really get a the feeling he likes me that much, and I think with my duals at least that should be more obvious. /FiPOLR
    ILE-Ti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    He's either si-valuing or has ip-temperament, or both.
    Word. IP temperament for sure. Si valuing I think as well. Dude always makes time to eat when he's hungry, is always leaving to take random hour long showers, hates gross things like camping or sitting in a random cold wet hole in the ground.
    ILE-Ti

Creepy-male

No Fe is perfect and always nice. Okay so maybe the asshole thing can be Fe.
    Could be anything. "Asshole" is too vague, you Yielding son of a bitch

j/k

If you say so, I'm talking about the highly visible stryfe Fe creatives get. I know the guy has some stryfe, it's obvious because I know him well, but it's not the same as I've seen in IXFps. He is a rock externally.
    Ah, fair enough. Introverts and Ethicals stryfe like pros.

Bullshit statement, imo.
    The Senser's Creed:
    If I can't see it, it doesn't exist.

By Jake you mean archon, the ILE? And you're calling yourself SEI now after cycling through the other 3 Alphas?
    No, by Jake, I mean Archon, the LII. Because Everyone Is ILE. He's blatantly not

And I was never an LII. And I only settled on ILE because you people kept insisting it was the case.

Okay how we get along, I dunno basically we get along but it's very shallow, the way I'd expect semi-duality to be. When we're alone, we both tend to want to add someone else to the mix quickly. When we're with other people he tends to hang with them more than me, male or female. We don't have a lot of up front conflict, unless he doesn't want to do something when I'm going "come on let's do this!" He tends to get pissed off at me about things, which he'll tell others about and I'll only find out indirectly, such as
    This does not sound like semi-duality at all. You should be rather drawn to each other's ego functions, as opposed to indifferent.

[Dismissing prods does not sound like IP + EP either. I would hazard a guess that you're both some kind of Static.] <- weak

Other than that he just randomly insults me when we're hanging out socially, which I don't mind, it's usually when I've said something stupid anyway. I mean I like the guy, but just like every other relationship I don't really get a the feeling he likes me that much, and I think with my duals at least that should be more obvious. /FiPOLR
    I'm not sure what to make of this. Depends what the insults are. (And whether they're designed as insults, or just sarcastic jabs for teh lulz.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be anything. "Asshole" is too vague, you Yielding son of a bitch
    Not sure how better to explain it. He doesn't respect alpha environmental/social rules, that makes him an asshole.

The Senser's Creed:
    If I can't see it, it doesn't exist.
    The thing is I can SEE asking/declaring. That's an aside though, back on topic.

No, by Jake, I mean Archon, the LII. Because Everyone Is ILE. He's blatantly not

And I was never an LII. And I only settled on ILE because you people kept insisting it was the case.
    He's a better ILE than the gammas were

This does not sound like semi-duality at all. You should be rather drawn to each other's ego functions, as opposed to indifferent.

[Dismissing prods does not sound like IP + EP either. I would hazard a guess that you're both some kind of Static.] <- weak
    Well He could be an IJ but I doubt it. How about INTp? Hell let's talk INFp just so we can get all the IP typings on the table.

I'm not sure what to make of this. Depends what the insults are. (And whether they're designed as insults, or just sarcastic jabs for teh lulz.)
    I've described these several times. He calls people moron/idiot/whatever in an insulting, arrogant,unrepentant jackass fashion based entirely on how he feels about them. Don't ask me, the Fi POLR, what they're "designed as".
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if we disregard temperaments then I am approximately a model A INTj due to the function line up...

However, I do not disregard temperaments and therefore neither model A ENTp nor INTj are a perfect fit, which explains why I related quite a bit with MBTI INTP because its basically an irrational INTj.

and you're friend might be Si ISFp. That was my second choice, and with that additional information, i can see it.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else wanna pitch on before I remove these pics?
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sure... He's ESE.

Compare with Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)