Thread: The dangers of enneagram

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The dangers of enneagram

If someone considers you and calls you a certain type, you actually BECOME that type.

I was called a 6w7.

Then I turned into a serial shopper and party goer and classic worrywart filled with anxiety.

These are just evil spirits.

Chakra energies, which Enneagram is built on, are just evil spirits making you feel more powerful.

This is an illusion.

They only empower you to kill yourself in the end.

They completely possess and control you sometimes.

I have lots of experience with this. Someone cursed me with chakra energies once.

Since then I have been hospitalized countless times after falling sick once and twice and again and again.

So beware.

It is like playing with oujia boards.
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two threads with basically the same message, you're over your limit.

seriously why do people even say this shit on forums dedicated to taxonomizing personalities?
    Last edited by Cerelict; 01-22-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

^ i liked the post before the edit. I think criticism has value. Not so much the theories but the way some people use them

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Of course cerelict would be bothered by it though. Typical alpha...a brony, too, I'd bet my life on it. I know how they are

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echan View Post
    If someone considers you and calls you a certain type, you actually BECOME that type.
    Speak for yourself. I've been nothing but consistent throughout my exploration of what my type is. I don't change my patterns to fit an outside theory [of my patterns]. When the map doesn't align with reality, it's the map that's either wrongfully composed, or read wrong. But reality itself should never be changed in order to fit the map made to describe it.

The enneagram is a map describing patterns of motivation. Don't blame the map for reading it wrong, blame your reading skills.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its exactly stuff like this that sometimes causes a rift between me and delta types. No, enneagram isn't the work of the devil just because it looks like a pentagram that is used by satan worshippers. Personally I'm atheist because I have yet to find any compelling evidence that god, demons, spirits etc. exist, and at the same time there is an abundance of reasons as to why they don't exist. I won't bother going any further with that now since this is not the time and place for debating religious viewpoints.

I can only imagine what kind of reaction @Aylen would have to a thread like this lol.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Speak for yourself. I've been nothing but consistent throughout my exploration of what my type is. I don't change my patterns to fit an outside theory [of my patterns]. When the map doesn't align with reality, it's the map that's either wrongfully composed, or read wrong. But reality itself should never be changed in order to fit the map made to describe it.

The enneagram is a map describing patterns of motivation. Don't blame the map for reading it wrong, blame your reading skills.
    Seeing the distinction between the map and the territory comes more naturally or less naturally to different people, and even then it's rarely a conscious effort to blur the two. The people who point out the difference might seem superfluous or something to you but they play an important role in the scheme of things.

Banned
    TIM
    f a g g o t
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Its exactly stuff like this that sometimes causes a rift between me and delta types. No, enneagram isn't the work of the devil just because it looks like a pentagram that is used by satan worshippers. Personally I'm atheist because I have yet to find any compelling evidence that god, demons, spirits etc. exist, and at the same time there is an abundance of reasons as to why they don't exist. I won't bother going any further with that now since this is not the time and place for debating religious viewpoints.
    My main problem with Enneagram is that it focuses on personal narrative, rather than mechanics of the mind. You're a subjective entity who needs to be guided down the "right" path, not a neural machine that needs to be optimized. And the theory itself asserts that all people are "flawed" because of neuroses that they "need" to correct, assuming the goal is to go down the right path instead of adapting one's thought patterns to match one's surroundings.

I don't like to shit talk enneagram in general but I found the anecdote relevant.

On the other hand constant criticism of personality taxonomies within these communities can grow tiresome. Especially when their detractors never forward any solutions of their own, save for vaguely stressing the importance of "exploring oneself." Fuck that, I'm exploring myself with logic.

To each his own in how the self is dissected, just don't try to shut shit down without proposing any clear alternative.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post

I can only imagine what kind of reaction @Aylen would have to a thread like this lol.

Word of the Day: Discernment

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've stayed exactly the same despite having different typings over the years. It all depends on how you go about it and not being swayed by outside sources so much.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess obnoxiousness starts when enneagram is used as a piece of your identity, rather than a means to an end or a clue to some habitual problem you want to solve ie: reactive vs proactive stance wrt w/e issues you identify with.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Yes, the map can be blamed if it's actually wrong. Not necessarily your reading skills. (I hardly think that enneagram is even complete, let alone perfect.)

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Yes, the map can be blamed if it's actually wrong. Not necessarily your reading skills. (I hardly think that enneagram is even complete, let alone perfect.)
    To quote the OP;

"If someone considers you and calls you a certain type, you actually BECOME that type.

I was called a 6w7.

Then I turned into a serial shopper and party goer and classic worrywart filled with anxiety."

In this case, it's using the map wrong.