Thread: Si: Hidden Agenda vs Base

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Si: Hidden Agenda vs Base

How is it that INFj and INTj's hidden agenda is "to be healthy" via Si, leading them to being more thin on average than other types, yet Si doms(especially ISFps) are known for being chubby little cherub hedonists?

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is that being Si-dominant helps one feel more comfortable in their skin and therefore less likely to obsess over issues like being very thin, etc. Their Si being more encompassing and advanced might see something as being normal/acceptable that others would see as abnormal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol. Well I'm very very tiny (size 0 for herO ). Si ha is tricky at times I am the model keeper of good health by the practice of writing down health related medicine and recipes and medicatio ns other times I eat consciou sly with attraction to certain vitamins and foods, most of thetime I read up on how to's of living a long and healthy life. Most often I don't eat well. I don't and never have eaten enough meat. I eat like a squirrel munchies on vegitation. So Si is physical embodiment of health for others to follow not me. I fry to do movement things for me dance walk power walk jog aerobics swim for my own health.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

The self esteem of an Si base isn't riding on their health condition as it is with Si HA's, and also the base function is always more confident and objective than the hidden agenda, so Si bases probably feel they can take more risks with what/how much they eat.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    The self esteem of an Si base isn't riding on their health condition as it is with Si HA's, and also the base function is always more confident and objective than the hidden agenda, so Si bases probably feel they can take more risks with what/how much they eat.
    Really? HA = Self Esteem?

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    Really? HA = Self Esteem?
    yes, according to Reinin's book:

The third function covers self-esteem. Through this channel in the structure of the type a person receives energy from the society therefore it should be protected.
    ("third function" is the mobilizing function aka HA, he's using different nomenclature. )

When a person has a good opinion of themselves in this function, their self esteem increases, which is experienced internally as an increase in energy.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    yes, according to Reinin's book:

("third function" is the mobilizing function aka HA, he's using different nomenclature. )

When a person has a good opinion of themselves in this function, their self esteem increases, which is experienced internally as an increase in energy.
    He uses MBTI nomenclature doesn't he? Example:

ESI: Fi,Se,Ni,Te order: Base, Creative, HA, Suggestive (This is how I see MBTI anyhow, maybe I got corrupted /blush)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and there is that unfortunate stereotype that chubby necessarily equals unhealthy. Many chubby people are the picture of health (and fitness believe it or not), and many lean people are ill and/or malnourished.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx