Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Trusting positivists tend to be open
    Attachment 7214

No but really. Being positivist means youre open to harassment from random strangers on the internet? Hm. Maybe Im not eii....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    Attachment 7214

No but really. Being positivist means youre open to harassment from random strangers on the internet? Hm. Maybe Im not eii....
    I think negative types tend to be more cautious, hence more reserved in action because they see things from a worse possible perspective first Positivist will readjust.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You've written ESI in your profile. I recommend to check ESE.
    You may look at examples of bloggers with types LIE vs LII, LSE vs LSI to choose wich are more soully comfortable.
    Relax dude, there is a reason why I wrote this typing in my profile
    And as much as half of socion can be picked for one person there is no way I am ESE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    And as much as half of socion can be picked for one person there is no way I am ESE.
    Gal, with average matches at ~15% all 16 types an be picked for one person. And there is always some chance that your type is any of 16.
    Subjectively on this moment I've excluded 3 types (INFJ, ISTJ, ESTP) with confidence, while ESFJ stays among possible ones in my perception.
    It's not hard to check wich of any 2 types is more possible for you by my bloggers list: ISFJ vs ESFJ, ENFJ vs ESFJ, etc.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Gal, with average matches at ~15% all 16 types an be picked for one person. And there is always some chance that your type is any of 16.
    Subjectively on this moment I've excluded 3 types (INFJ, ISTJ, ESTP) with confidence, while ESFJ stays among possible ones in my perception.
    It's not hard to check wich of any 2 types is more possible for you by my bloggers list: ISFJ vs ESFJ, ENFJ vs ESFJ, etc.
    I don't get your logic.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't get your logic.
    I was just surprised he added the disclaimer, "in my perception." .

It triggers me less. I give him credit for that but no way you are ESE if my sister is and she agrees with that typing even though she is hardly interested in personality theories. She only goes along when my other sister and I trap her at a computer and make her read it. My sisters and I used socionics for bonding time when they visited. I think she was just grateful that we were talking with her and not off doing our own thing while she sat alone in the living room watching episodes of some decorating show, or movies on Lifetime, (Tv for women) wishing she was out doing something.

She is a good sport though but I think it passes in one ear and out the other hahah She is truly an extroverted type and surprisingly (because I still see her as a kid) gives very good practical and even insightful advice. I would be surprised if she stays home two nights in a row. Her social calendar is literally filled out a year in advance. She takes mini vacations up to 5 times a year and it is usually with a group. Blows my mind.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't get your logic.
    For your possible F type this is harder. You may read the message until to get.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

She is not ESE or ESI for that matter. Her logic is fine. I think English being your second language you can be hard to follow as you leave things out that might be relevant.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    she agrees with that typing even though she is hardly interested in personality theories
    Does someone agrees with version about his type or not means not much as people type badly generally, in other case they'd have high typing matches at least. Especially it's such when that opinion is from the one who knows about typology alsmost nothing like your sister.

As for Persephone, one of problems is she did not give normal video for typing, - no good light, half of her face on WSS video is under shadow so it's hard to type her by nonverbal behavior.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

She is not ESE or ESI for that matter. Her logic is fine.
    I have no basis to think this.

I think English being your second language
    There is nothing hard to understand. While taking into account her most possible F type, her negativism to information wich she does not like is understandable.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Does someone agrees with version about his type or not means not much as people type badly generally, in other case they'd have high typing matches at least. Especially it's such when that opinion is from the one who knows about typology alsmost nothing like your sister.

As for Persephone, one of problems is she did not give normal video for typing, - no good light, half of her face on WSS video is under shadow so it's hard to type her by nonverbal behavior.
    My sister is not an idiot even if she considers herself the least intelligent in our family. She can look at what is written and discern what describes her best. We were taught critical thinking skills from my ILI stepdad and he had an iron fist when it came to education.

We spent a couple of days reading aloud the descriptions and discussing them. They both took the tests after and guess what? Both got the type they had agreed to just by description. She was rather impressed with the ESE description just as my other sister was impressed by the EII description for herself. I didn't even tell them my type first and they both said IEI for me. I give my sisters credit for being able to read and understand plain English. Socionics is not rocket science.

I have seen other videos of Persephone and talked to her on voice chat. She is not an ESE.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If people read Beskova descriptions they would be better at typing
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emmym View Post
    You think I'm SLI? Lol, that's a new one.
    Please read Beskova EII. EII as a rule love to be in company of their relationships. Family loving. You just don't like it.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My sister is not an idiot
    She's just incompetent in the typology.

We spent a couple of days reading aloud the descriptions and discussing them.
    Days of reading types descriptions compared to years of reading different sources of full theory and practice. And then those people get only 15% average match. While with her sister the situation is much worse.

They both took the tests after and guess what? Both got the type they had agreed to just by description.
    Tests are far from being highly precise source. Especially if that was primitive test, people had opinion about their types and read types descriptions befor testing.

I didn't even tell them my type first and they both said IEI for me.
    You may throw a coin 4 times and it will say you IEI with the probability of 1/16. Also they could notice (partly unconsciously) how you react on descriptions of different types and such to guess and repeat your opinion.

Socionics is not rocket science.
    It's worse. Rockets drop in much fewer cases than 85% of mismatch in Socionics.

She is not an ESE.
    If you'd had high match with me then your opinion could to have high weight for me.

The only reasonable things wich may happen to change my opinion about Persephone is the video wich fits to conditions wich were said to her and/or her impressions from my examples of types. Other factors are random. As for you - there is nothing interesting you can add to the situation, so the theme with you may be finished.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There is nothing hard to understand. While taking into account her most possible F type, her negativism to information wich she does not like is understandable.
    She often describes herself as spaced out. Dreamy. Just because she doesn't get Te....your logic which doesn't explain things fully and from all sides of the analysis, merely pointing to conclusions instead, doesn't mean she can't apply logic which is critical thinking,
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sol just wants to be the authority and final word on how he concludes your type. He'll type you as he likes it.

May I add completely disregarding the person's own natural tendencies.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-01-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My sister is not an idiot even if she considers herself the least intelligent in our family. She can look at what is written and discern what describes her best. We were taught critical thinking skills from my ILI stepdad and he had an iron fist when it came to education.

We spent a couple of days reading aloud the descriptions and discussing them. They both took the tests after and guess what? Both got the type they had agreed to just by description. She was rather impressed with the ESE description just as my other sister was impressed by the EII description for herself. I didn't even tell them my type first and they both said IEI for me. I give my sisters credit for being able to read and understand plain English. Socionics is not rocket science.

I have seen other videos of Persephone and talked to her on voice chat. She is not an ESE.
    Please don't bother
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Days of reading types descriptions compared to years of reading different sources of full theory and practice. And then those people get only 15% average match. While with her sister the situation is much worse.
    Maybe we're just quicker than that.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She's just incompetent in the typology.

Tests are far from being highly precise source. Especially if that was primitive test, people had opinion about their types and read types descriptions befor testing.

You may throw a coin 4 times and it will say you IEI with the probability of 1/16. Also they could notice (partly unconsciously) how you react on descriptions of different types and such to guess and repeat your opinion.

It's worse. Rockets drop in much fewer cases than 85% of mismatch in Socionics.

If you'd had high match with me then your opinion could to have high weight for me.

The only reasonable things wich may happen to change my opinion about Persephone is the video wich fits to conditions wich were said to her and/or her impressions from my examples of types. Other factors are random. As for you - there is nothing interesting you can add to the situation, so the theme with you may be finished.
    Nobody's opinion has a high weight for you. NOBODY'S
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a reason why so many forums have rules in place to stop users from openly scrutinizing the types of others.

With that being said, this thread is actually more tame than I thought it would be lol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The method to getting the cooperation and support of others isn't to insult them and put them down. It is to encourage them and ask for information in such a way as to help you understand things about them a little better. You can say it this way "percephone, would it be possible for you to make another video in a better light setting and talk about these things and what they mean to you?"
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Have you any idea how insulting and arrogant this comes off? I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when I attributed it to your poor English. She is a highly intelligent woman regardless of her type. English is not her first language either.

If you do realize you come off that way then carry on...
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-01-2016 at 05:09 PM.

YWIMW

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please read Beskova EII. EII as a rule love to be in company of their relationships. Family loving. You just don't like it.
    Who said I don't like relationships? Still waiting for you to drop all that knowledge on me, since you claim you've been building your case for a while and have plenty of examples on hand. Right now, it kind of seems like you read an article, had what you thought was an incisive, original thought, and decided to announce it by stamping me SLI.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol
    You can't refer to "correct typing percentages" without also stating what the baseline is that the percentages are compared to. Also, you normally just type via MBTI, which you do well at, but it has no bearing on Socionics.
    @Maritsa
    Well, I match Beskova 100%, so that disproves your SLI for myself. You don't understand the difference between Fe and Fi.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    @Sol
    You can't refer to "correct typing percentages" without also stating what the baseline is that the percentages are compared to. Also, you normally just type via MBTI, which you do well at, but it has no bearing on Socionics.
    @Maritsa
    Well, I match Beskova 100%, so that disproves your SLI for myself. You don't understand the difference between Fe and Fi.
    In what way specifically do you relate to Beskova EII? In the way that you insulted me to the point where I felt bad and had to report you?
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what way specifically do you relate to Beskova EII? In the way that you insulted me to the point where I felt bad and had to report you?
    All of it. That's almost verbatim my life.

See? This is specifically what I was talking about. Your idea of EII is literally normative Fe. What service do I do to you or those around you, if I sit back and watch you run around saying retarded things? If I sit back and watch you, not only be mistyped for years on end, but also mistype others for years on end due to such? You don't even seem to realize that this thread is extremely asinine. EII is Fi in the rejection of Se. Does my appearance to others matter to me enough to forsake Fi for it? No. You need to wakeup to reality and realize how idiosyncratic your views of Fi are.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All of it. That's almost verbatim my life.

See? This is specifically what I was talking about. Your idea of EII is literally normative Fe. What service do I do to you or those around you, if I sit back and watch you run around saying retarded things? If I sit back and watch you, not only be mistyped for years on end, but also mistype others for years on end due to such? You don't even seem to realize that this thread is extremely asinine. EII is Fi in the rejection of Se. Does my appearance to others matter to me enough to forsake Fi for it? No. You need to wakeup to reality and realize how idiosyncratic your views of Fi are.
    Sure
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure
    You need to go back and actually learn Socionics, prior to attempting to type people, and learn the background for the Beskova articles. Someone else typed you as EII, and you assumed it was correct and aligned your thoughts and views on yourself to match. "Being nice" and "friendly" is using Fe, not Fi, and EII doesn't have normative Fe, nor Vital Fi. Your views are so far off, it's slightly unreal.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You need to go back and actually learn Socionics, prior to attempting to type people, and learn the background for the Beskova articles. Someone else typed you as EII, and you assumed it was correct and aligned your thoughts and views on yourself to match. "Being nice" and "friendly" is using Fe, not Fi, and EII doesn't have normative Fe, nor Vital Fi. Your views are so far off, it's slightly unreal.
    Uhum
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhum
    Do you even know what Normative functions are? You literally go around saying people are or are not EII due to them being normative Fe or not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You can't refer to "correct typing percentages"
    What was about objective typing accuracy. If all typers have low match <50%, then there is no even 2 typers who type good. It's evident. There is hypothetic possible only 1 good typer, but it's doubtful anyway.

While recently I said mainly about average typing match ~15% - this is what you may expect from random typer. To trust someone with such % of match is stupid. The max match I saw is 30% and this is very low too.
    So I find as best to trust only to myself in typing as my experience is good, - theory works with my typings not badly, and I understand that this is subjectively. If there was someone with objectively proven good typing accuracy or good typing match with me, then I'd have basis trust to him too.

you normally just type via MBTI
    I type with theories of Socionics (model A, 8 functions, IR, dichotomies) and Jung like they are described in its books and other sources. Outside of USSR MBT is known much better, that's why I prefer this notation on English forums. MBT notations are appropriate as preferences in both variants are compatible and that notation means only preferences.

Jeremy8419, I have impression you don't orient in what is happening here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was about objective typing accuracy. If all typers have low match <50%, then there is no even 2 typers who type good. It's evident. There is hypothetic possible only 1 good typer, but it's doubtful anyway.

While recently I said mainly about average typing match ~15% - this is what you may expect from random typer. To trust someone with such % of match is stupid. The max match I saw is 30% and this is very low too.
    So I find as best to trust only to myself in typing as my experience is good, - theory works with my typings not badly, and I understand that this is subjectively. If there was someone with objectively proven good typing accuracy or good typing match with me, then I'd have basis trust to him too.

I type with theories of Socionics (model A, 8 functions, IR, dichotomies) and Jung like they are described in its books and other sources. Outside of USSR MBT is known much better, that's why I prefer this notation on English forums. MBT notations are appropriate as preferences in both variants are compatible and that notation means only preferences.

Jeremy8419, I have impression you don't orient in what is happening here.
    You type based upon what element pair they're currently using, without considering the situation surrounding such. You're typing displayed elements, without relation to their positioning within TIM's.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you even know what Normative functions are? You literally go around saying people are or are not EII due to them being normative Fe or not.
    Are you speaking about this?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...y-of-Functions

If so then what about it
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you speaking about this?

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...y-of-Functions

If so then what about it
    You don't understand where you're off? Lol

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol, it shows arrogance to assume that everyone should understand what you are saying, especially when your grammar is poor and your word choice is imprecise. It wouldn't kill you to admit that you're not infallible.

@Persephone is not ESE. As a defining characteristic, ESEs express their emotions freely with the intention of changing the emotional environment around them, given that Fe is their leading function. I do not know her personally but I do know that she does not fit within this definition of ESE.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Emmym why do you have so much makeup?
    -

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sol just wants to be the authority and final word on how he concludes your type. He'll type you as he likes it.

May I add completely disregarding the person's own natural tendencies.
    Confirmed and final?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Emmym why do you have so much makeup?
    Are you serious? Being interested in makeup and skincare is not type related...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you serious? Being interested in makeup and skincare is not type related...
    I know
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clothing and makeup fall under Si, which is Vital (personal, no common shared stereotype) for EII.