IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The evolution of Socionics

The evolution of Ideas which lead to our current form of Socionics:

Kant
    ⤷ Our phenomenal experience of the noumenal world is necessarily subjective.

Schopenhauer
    ⤷ Describes proto types, like the difference between a skilled but uneducated pool player and a physicist who can mathematically define the pool ball collision but is not good at playing the game.

Jung
    ⤷ Extrovert / Introvert
    ⤷ 4 psychological functions
    ⤷ 8 Psychological types from extroverted and introverted expression of the 4 psychological functions
    ⤷ Mention of an auxiliary function which balances the leading function

Augusta
    ⤷ Applies the concept of information metabolism to Jung’s types
    ⤷ 8 information aspects from the part of the world Jung’s 8 types are attuned to.
    ⤷ Since these 8 aspects are objective parts of the world, all effect all psychological types
    ⤷ Creates Model A, which accounts for how each type metabolizes these 8 types of information. The leading function is the same as Jung, but the creative function must not only be the opposite rationality (the requirement Jung put on his auxilary function) but also the opposite orientation (intro/extro) of the leading function to balance the individual.
    ⤷ Creates theory of intertype relations from how different types handle the 8 information aspects.

Reinin
    ⤷ Works with Augusta to mathematically expand the descriptive classes in socionics. These classes are dependent on Jung's original concepts and do not create new types.
    ⤷ Jung’s 4 dichotomies are expanded into 15 type dichotomies
    ⤷ Relational small groups of four types interacting together

Gulenko
    ⤷ Works to better define the 15 type dichotomies
    ⤷ Creates new descriptive small groups based on Reinin’s structure.
    ⤷ Working on his own model layout which emphasizes (the model A equivalent of) the demonstrative function more, as well as how information is transformed within the psyche

Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 11-20-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your text has rough mistakes. The source where you've taken this is incompetent.

"current form of Socionics"
    does not include Reinin's traits, as they are baseless even by words of Augustinavichiute herself

while fantasies of Gulenko besides same issue, also are not wide-spreaded to claim be part of "current Socionics"

Jung
    4 dichotomies
    8 psychological functions
    16 types
    mentions the auxiliary function as 2nd after the leading and the order of 2 rest

Augustinavichiute
    Applies the concept of functional suplementing and duality
    Uses same 8 Jung's functions in own 8-functional model (instead of Jung's 4 functional)
    Model A which describes how 8 functions are represented in psyche and some strange fantasies

> The leading function is the same as Jung, but the creative function must not only be the opposite rationality (the requirement Jung put on his auxilary function) but also the opposite orientation (intro/extro) of the leading function to balance the individual.

And same was at Jung.

> Creates theory of intertype relations from how different types handle the 8 information aspects.

From how people of different types perceive each other based on model A.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, platos cave become extrovert and introvert elements. Jung made the first two dichotomies. Augusta merged it with information metabolism and reinin gave it some backbone. And gulenko is going at it. ;p

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol Apparently there is some controversy about what Jung actually meant to say about the other functions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungia...tive_functions

IIRC Augusta did interpret Jung to say that there are four functions, and the other three are the opposite orientation.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Apparently there is some controversy about what Jung actually meant to say about the other functions
    I read Jung's book in the Russian translation verified by him and my opinion is based on this. If you find other interpretation, then at best, Jung was not clear or made a mistype in some place of the text. Also mb some English texts have issues.
    I know the example that MBT uses other model as understood Jung in other way. I read their explanations and have found them idiocy outside of the context. And suppose I may see only similar approach.

> Augusta did interpret Jung to say that there are four functions, and the other three are the opposite orientation.

In the book Jung clearly described that among 4 functions the leading one has the other E/I than the rest 3.
    As he thought only the leading function may be said as conscious, while 3 other relate (in the declining degree) to unconscious, while unconscious should to have the opposite E/I. Probably, he thought for psychotherapy is enough to deal with 2 functions - leading and inferior (suggestive). In other case he could come to duality and 8 functional model.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nice progression! I like it. What dates back before Kant + what can we expect in the future?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Nice progression! I like it. What dates back before Kant + what can we expect in the future?
    Maybe Plato, and his theory of forms (which are archetypes when applied to psychology). I did not include him because he was more a background inspiration to Jung and he was not relevant to Kant.

I think there are two priorities for the future. The first is finding some way to scientifically test socionics and compile the results. The second it to find empirical ways to measure the information element and model A function independently (i.e. to test that someone is "using" extroverted intuition, and how they are metabolizing it). If you could measure how forcing people to use different function effects their psychological health, then you could start prescribing basic ethical guidelines and actually start making people's lives better with socionics.

Beyond that, if Model A can be established as a precise science, then can start exploring more nuanced characteristic differences, kind of like each phylum in each biological kingdom.
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 11-23-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kant was preceded by Hume, who managed to show that causality was only an assumption

what is really being tracked is the development of epistemology so prior to Hume is Locke and prior to Locke is Descartes, with Berkeley somewhere in between

Heraclitus is at the beginning