Thread: Personalitytypecom Demographics Survey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personalitytype.com Demographics Survey

gay sex
    Last edited by istpunk; 07-17-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistical sampling has been done in the Former Soviet Bloc which shows that the types are evenly distributed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and these people took a quiz on the internet and then agreed to share their results. No wonder there are so many INFPs and ENFPs in the results! This survey attracts certain types. The internet, psychology, personality theories...I google this stuff! INFPs google this stuff! ESTJS, ESFPs for the most part DON'T because they'd rather be anywhere else.

A random survey would be better, that catches people in like, the grocery store or on the street, or wherever places ALL types go.

Otherwise, it's like the researchers set up a rock climbing wall in a park and waited to see who would come by, climb the wall, have their score shared with others. And then from that, you wrote down the personality types of all of the people and said okay '70% of the population are ESTPs and ESFPs and ISTPs, because those are the types who wanted to climb a wall in the park, and we wrote down their types...

I mean, it's interesting to see which types are interested in personality types, but I also don't think the "success" part of the survey is accurate. there is a bragging component to that. Like, well sure, I'll check the box that says how much money I make because I'm proud of it. Some types might not share that info and might still do well. Perhaps an ENTJ would be happy to share that info and an INFP would feel it was nobody's buseinss...just too many factors...

sorry so rambly...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Cyclops

what Jewels said.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    what Jewels said.
    Yeah.

Having said that, and while, as tcaudilllg said, the Russian common view is that types are evenly distributed -- personally I have a hard time seeing that in real life.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jewels. Yes i agree with that!! Also ENTj's have the greatest salaries but also have the smallest sample size. I think with more their mean salary would come down etc. That being said i do agree with some of the household income scores. I can see the J types being up there for sure. I dont know why ENTp's and INTp's would be lower income than ENFp's though?? Doesn't seem to match my observations. Im really tired right now but it all seems a bit horse shit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yeah.

Having said that, and while, as tcaudilllg said, the Russian common view is that types are evenly distributed -- personally I have a hard time seeing that in real life.
    Yeah i agree it doesn't make much sense. What is the global proportion of women and men?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yeah.

hmmmm i had finally got my mind around equal type distribution...you don't see this as much? what do you see?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    hmmmm i had finally got my mind around equal type distribution...you don't see this as much? what do you see?
    Yeah, I'd be super interested in hearing what you think to be the type distributions, Expat - even if it is just a guesstimate or whatever.

Personally, I don't believe in equal type distribution myself either. That's just based on my real life experiences with people and meeting the same types over and over again while never meeting some other types ...

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    Well what I see, in a non-scientific way, and which I have no idea as to whether or not is true - so I am offering it only as my own personal impressions - is this:

1) I see a higher percentage of ethicals than logicals overall. Not overwhelmingly so; but whenever I "add up" the people I interact with, it seems to be the trend. For men as well as women. In my previous job, in an engineering company, so technical, I realized that whenever I was in any random group (including technical people, obviously), the ethicals were majority. Etc.

2) I seem to meet - randomly - some types much more often than others. For instance, many more Alpha SFs than Gamma NTs.

3) I get the impression that socionics extroverts are less common, somewhat, than socionics introverts.

Obviously a pattern emerges -- I seem to see all my traits as being "rare". Well this may be a bias of some sort; but anyway it's what I'm seeing.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the rarest type lol

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    what Jewels said.
    yeah - me too
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm the rarest type lol
    thank goodness for that

()
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know way more ethicals also. Not sure why.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    thank goodness for that

()
    I'm gonna second that.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.